Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Diamond literally just threatened Kop into not hammering.
To be fair there is no indication that Kop is even aware of this.

I'm actually pretty annoyed that Kop literally came in just to prod dodge and vanished again. Hello, InactionDan? Siiiuuuuugh.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 951, Kop wrote:is it hammer time?
furthermore, this is also exactly what scum who doesn't actually intend to bus would say
because everyone's gonna shout at him "NO DONT HAMMER YET"
which gives him an out for not hammering
and hoping that the extended day redirects the lynch

kop should've been replaced imo
the fact that you can't policy lynch in this setup is ludicrous, mixed with the lax activity expectations
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 877, Sky_Paladin wrote:Dino asked for me to provide meta reason for Sheep/Tora being scum, here's the one on Sheep.

Please take a look at this and let me know your thoughts. I'll do Tora next.

TL/DR

I think Sheep's play this game has a lot more in common with their scum-meta than their town meta.
I have only seen one real town game and two real scum game from Sheep, and this setup seems to encourage idleness.

Summary:
Key differences between town!sheep and scum!sheep:
Town sheep directly engages with players and asks questions often. Feels like they're trying to solve the game.
Scum sheep talks a lot 'about' the game or 'about' players; mainly empty content posts that have the illusion of being involved.

The current game we're playing feels different from the other games played (doesn't feel intuitively like scum!sheep, doesn't feel intuitively like town!sheep) which is interesting; there's only been a month or so since they're last game and I wouldn't expect this big a change. Possible that their RL situation has changed and they're able to focus more.

Aggression this game is consistent with overall play and is non AI.

Main matches with scum game:
Hands out strong townreads early game - Dino, Cy (reversed Cy read later). Mutual townclear is not alignment indicative, it just seems that sheep hands out early townreads more frequently as scum.
A lot more high level meta posts/feeling of talking about the game/players instead of directly engaging with players.
Examples:
etc etc almost every post is empty content/filling up the thread with actual nothing until near the 700's when a vote for Diamond appears once a wagon has begun there.
Last post is commenting that Hyule posted but no actual feedback on anything Hyule has said.

Key difference between scum!Sheep and this game:
Scum sheep seems to care a lot more about the game and puts in more effort, especially when they or their buddies are under threat.

Details about examined games behind the spoiler.

Spoiler:
Games that the player started in (games they replaced into don’t count, games they replaced out of do).
Requirements for a deepdive:
Games that had at least 100 posts of content.
Games that had at least 10 posts from the player in question.

Ideally I look for 3x scum games and 3x town games in order to feel like there are enough data points to make a meaningful decision.

Unfortunately Sheep does not have a lot of games in the above category.

1x town games
Town game 2 – Newbie 1837

Overall summary:
Frequently posts lots of small posts that are relevant to the game the longer the game goes on.
Most posts are directly engaging other players (questioning reads typically).
Posts read lists.

Frequent votes changes at the start of the game
Lots of shit posts
Read lists
Semi-frequent posts that question other players
Occasional strong statements eg 'never having strong reads is usually cautious scum'
Frequent posts that engage and discuss with players.
Took about 5 days RL to become meshed with the game.
Frequent citation of being busy in RL.
also i know from past experience to never trust my gut
simply put, i should never trust my gut
Highly aggressive at the start of the game; see 53 to 74.
Almost every post is directly engaging or in response to other players. Highly indicative of a player who is trying to figure stuff out/figure out other players alignment. Even before post 100 there is a strong feeling that Sheep is involved/impacting this game.
Posts like 166, 192, 204 straight up asking players to explain their reads/vote/position.
Look at this gorgeous reads list.
Complains about wall
States town goal "disagree with this
town goal is to find scum"

Argues against somebody elses townread
Generally a lot of posts engaging with/discussing/asking other players to do things. See 727.
Response to pressure is lots of small one-liners, finally joined in a single post, eg this one

2x scum games

Scum game 1 – Pick your poison
Early RVS votes, directly engages player after prod dodge in 152
179 appeal to town; small number of empty content posts talking about game/players not related to town/scum.
Kind of hard to explain - the feeling is that sheep is talking to players at meta, gives the appearance of being engaged but is not really.
examples
267, 276
Wall post not especially interesting except we never see these really from Sheep.

Game over really quickly; general feeling is that scum!sheep walks lightly and rarely interacts but gives the impression of acting. Strong feeling difference from town game 1.

Scum game 2 – Mandela Effect

Frequent vote changes early on.
Hands out strong townreads very early on some players
Also aggressive early on
Backing up other players, obv buddying to town player x2
Feeling of offense by being scumread asks for explanation
Throws out town reads on town players but no scum reads.
Fairly strong post push on town.
Reads list has scumbuddy in null slot.
Posts around 200 onwards fairly aggressive and pushing.
posts like this show evidence of scum hunting, interesting that it comes from scum!sheep.
Strongly active near phase end trying to manage the (mis)lynch.
Reads list

Generally a lot of town-looking posts. Sheep tried hard and cared a lot more in this game than in the other games I have read. Generally aggressive at the start, as the game went on became more passive and was mainly content to let the town do whatever it wanted, until it was near hammer when they appeared to be more active.
Handed out town reads very early on (mirrored with our game) on non-buddies, placed buddies as null read.[/spoiler]

Given time I can do this for all the players in the game but I prefer not to as it is a significant time investment and feels like cheating.

As I couldn't really get enough data points to fill in what feels like a concrete argument for sheep is scum, I can really only conclude that this game seems to have more in common with Sheep's scum game than their town game.

Dino, now that I have gone and done this, what are your thoughts? Do you think there is anything here?

@Diamond
we need to decide what we're going to do about this push on Cy and if we are both going to vote for it (or not).
I am not overly impressed with Cy/Lalendra. The fact that their voting seems to be tied at the hip with Red/Hyule concerns me. It's also very strange that...well, at the moment you could see it is a competing wagons between Dino and Cy. Presumably Cy/Lalendra would have a personal investment in wanting to persuade players who might be wanting to vote Dino (e.g you and I given we had been there for most of the day) to revote Dino because otherwise they'd be dead.
However this has not really eventuated.

So I guess I'll semi-address this to Cy/Lalendra: Are you guys voting Dino because you believe scum!Dino, or is it because you're trying to keep your head above water?

@Momo/Kop

I see you are still voting RedFlavor but I haven't really got any other meaningful interactions out of you to see what you think/feel. Can you please comment on some of the latest things e.g vote changes, and perhaps your thoughts on the whole Dino/Sky drama we had earlier?
I'm not voting Dino tho.
In post 1004, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1001, Lalendra wrote:
In post 998, MathBlade wrote:Cy is scum because of the lack of hammer.
I still think that you're discounting the possibility of "town won't hammer because if they do Dino will deathtunnel them" when it comes to the lack of hammer. We can't afford deathtunnels on D2 because two mislynches means scum win.
So because Dino is a loud player we shouldn’t lynch the most likely player to be scum? Wtf?
I agree with you that I don't think Lalendra is correct, I don't think you read her work correctly.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:07 pm

Post by Mathdino »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A GOOD POST
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:11 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Oh boy

There is scum slips

and then there is scum claim

How exciting
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I'm going to presume Cy has more to say because at the moment my understanding is that he just claimed scum.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:13 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I'm not seeing it.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

MathDino: Cy is scum because lack of hammer.
LaLendra: No you are wrong.
MathBlade: Lalendra is wrong.
Cytheflyguy: Lalendra is wrong.

profit
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:16 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Please let it be real this time. I mean I know the guy is at L-1 but I've never in my life had an actual scum slip

but this one

could it be

This is it, Vanhoover!
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Lalendra argued that town isn't hammering because they're afraid of me deathtunneling whomever does hammer.

I agree that she's objectively wrong and isn't paying attention. That in itself doesn't make her scum.

Edit: Dude he's scum but that's not a scumslip.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:19 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Fine. VOTE: Cy

There's one lurker out. Sorry Lalendra, but it's apparent that Math!team is completely hellbent on just sitting on a plurality wagon until the end of time, so I can't win out a waiting game here.

But Math, if/when they flip green, I call the shots tomorrow. And none of that "Diamond hammered so they must be scum" bull crap.

But before the day ends, Math, you realize that your little scheme has more holes than a wiffleball made of swiss cheese, right? Me holding the wagon at a standstill by threatening people to not hammer
doesn't
help scum!me. There will be a plurality lynch at deadline anyways, so stalling the wagon flat out doesn't work.

Also, I'm hammering it because a. not hammering won't fix a thing with sheep being scum and you acting like a child with their fingers in their ears like "la la la I can't hear you", and b. Partially just because I feel like proving you wrong that I wouldn't flippantly vote and that I won't hammer.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:22 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

I wish you hadn't done it right now when Cy actually is online but well here we are, so good job.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:23 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

LYLO
if it's not game over - please make sure not to be stupid and vote right out of the gate. Two wrong votes on the same player and scum can quickhammer for gg.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Cool, good to see you guys are town.

Edit: Tell that to Red/hyung tbh.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:27 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1035, DiamondSentinel wrote:But before the day ends, Math, you realize that your little scheme has more holes than a wiffleball made of swiss cheese, right? Me holding the wagon at a standstill by threatening people to not hammer doesn't help scum!me. There will be a plurality lynch at deadline anyways, so stalling the wagon flat out doesn't work.

Also, I'm hammering it because a. not hammering won't fix a thing with sheep being scum and you acting like a child with their fingers in their ears like "la la la I can't hear you", and b. Partially just because I feel like proving you wrong that I wouldn't flippantly vote and that I won't hammer.
1. You didn't ask to see the evidence that I offered, so I will take that as a concession to my argument that
SCUM CAN BUS
. I ask myself what I'd do as scum in this setup in various scenarios, and what you guys have done is very similar to what I think I'd have done as scum with Lacy. I often play to catch behaviours that I'd expect from scum-me.

2. If your best theory is me being scum with sheep, then
no shit I'm not going to listen to you.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:30 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote Count

cytheflyguy (7) - Toranaga, Sky_Paladin, Mathdino, sheepsaysmeep, Mathblade, momo, DiamondSentinel
Mathdino (3) - hyung, RedFlavor, Lalendra
DiamondSentinel (1) - cytheflyguy

Not Voting (1) - Kop

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline for day one is January 25th 7PM PST in (expired on 2018-01-25 19:00:00)

Something is happening.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:37 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Spoiler:
cytheflyguy - Mafia Polygamist - Lynched Day One
Lalendra - Mafia Polygamist - Committed Suicide Day One
hyung - Mafia Polygamist - Committed Suicide Day One
RedFlavor - Mafia Polygamist - Committed Suicide Day One

Town Wins

Mafia loses

I will allow 72 hours for any players to choose if they wish their private topics to be revealed. I will honor any request to keep topics private.

Thoughts tomorrow. Have spent last bit getting podcast notes ready and its late now.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:39 pm

Haha. Well, that was disappointing. Lurksack scum.

Anyways, I will point out that, contrary to what you said, none of the scum bussed.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:40 pm

Post by MathBlade »

And I will point out I was wrong on you Diamond but right on the theory :)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

So still can’t read you. Even when I lurk to try.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:41 pm

In fact, there was not even a vote count where they bussed.

PEdit: Which theory was that?
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:41 pm

In post 1044, MathBlade wrote:So still can’t read you. Even when I lurk to try.
90% of the site cannot. I don't aim to be unreadable. I merely play entirely emotion-based which doesn't fit in with the site-meta.
“Why was I chosen?'
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:42 pm

Post by MathBlade »

That the cy wagon was scum based on voting patterns.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:42 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1046, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 1044, MathBlade wrote:So still can’t read you. Even when I lurk to try.
90% of the site cannot. I don't aim to be unreadable. I merely play entirely emotion-based which doesn't fit in with the site-meta.
Yeah as an aspie I read extremely literal too literal at points anywho we got the scums.

Gg all
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:43 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Please feel free to open our topic up.

Congrats town, good job MathDino for sticking to your guns, and well done Diamond for going against your heart and making the hammer anyway.

Return to “Completed Open Games”