Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by Mathdino »

and i apologise for not seeing that post, as that was at the bottom of a page and i did not realise that post was even made
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by Mathdino »

can we just point out by the way that i was actually accused of lurking this game despite having over 50% more posts than the 2nd highest poster
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:47 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 349, verydark wrote:Welp I'm going to go have a smoke, check back in, then go to bed.

If ya'll wanna do this tonight, fine. But I think the PRO TOWN thing to do would be hear from the other half dozen players that don't even know this is happening right now.

See you in 5.
We know...we want you to claim or gtfo. You've got one who's already said they have intent to hammer and are waiting on claim, so that's already above half, and feel free to add me to that list. So no, we're not waiting on people who don't know what's happening.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by Mathdino »

hey sando

how come you're willing to lynch verydark right away

yet i seem to be your strongest scumread (unless i'm misinterpreting some things)

and i'm one of the biggest proponents of verydark's wagon/he's hardscumreading me
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 340, Mathdino wrote:
In post 335, Sando wrote:The "I can read him so we should let him live despite the fact that I will die" is very weak in isolation, I agree.

But he says Gamma is town, is asked why he's impressed (ie why is he reading town), and responds with "what, I don't read town". That's the utter bullshit.
gamma is OBJECTIVELY easier to read as the game goes on

most of his towngames consist of people getting pissed off at his D1 play and then locking him as town in lategame

like you guys are trying to create inconsistencies out of my ISO

which, like, if you're trying really hard and have a sufficiently large number of posts to work with, is relatively easy

but it's also not a reason i'm scum
This is actually true, in my early days I griped about getting townread for shenanigans, I can provide several examples of such events
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by Mathdino »

NO PLEASE STOP DEFENDING YOURSELF

DO LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE GAMMA
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by verydark »

So what's it going to be folks? Call it a night and revisit tomorrow? Claim?
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:56 pm

Post by Mathdino »

probably wait a bit, i just like you being at L-1

don't claim yet
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by verydark »

Math, can we call a temporary truce, put me at L-2, and let's work this out tomorrow? Not really in the mood to toss and turn and think about how I've royally botched this game tonight.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: Sando
Here I'll l-2 you by voting my other suspect
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by Mathdino »

sure

VOTE: Bujaber

NGL i still think there are/have been scum on your wagon even in the case that you're scum
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by verydark »

Groovy, thanks Gamma.

I'll be back on with my morning coffee.

G'night everyone.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:01 pm

Post by verydark »

Oh, thanks too, Math.

I know I'm not out of the crosshairs. We'll reconvene tomorrow.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 353, Mathdino wrote:hey sando

how come you're willing to lynch verydark right away
Wat?
In post 353, Mathdino wrote:yet i seem to be your strongest scumread (unless i'm misinterpreting some things)

and i'm one of the biggest proponents of verydark's wagon/he's hardscumreading me
Double wat?

Ok the second one you can have a pass on. Consider my vote on Gamma until verydark claim/lynch is sorted, I didn't want to clutter the whole claim part up (ok that's a fairly laughable goal in hindsight). I have some thoughts on you out of this, but I'm not going to say which way while I mull it over/talk to mods, given what else has happened in the last 24 hours. I hope that's sufficiently vague. Neither you nor Gamma are a viable lynch within the next 24 hours (I don't think anyone other than verydark could get lynched in that time), so I don't think it's unreasonable.

But where are you getting the thought on me wanting to kill verydark right away? Because of my 'intent to lynch' parrot on pops? I'm trying to emphasise that verydark is verywrong (lolpun) about the idea that half the players don't even know what's going on.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:03 pm

Post by Sando »

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 352, Sando wrote:We know...we want you to claim or gtfo. You've got one who's already said they have intent to hammer and are waiting on claim, so that's already above half, and feel free to add me to that list. So no, we're not waiting on people who don't know what's happening.
This is worded as if you're also on the list of people who have intent to hammer.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 365, Mathdino wrote:
In post 352, Sando wrote:We know...we want you to claim or gtfo. You've got one who's already said they have intent to hammer and are waiting on claim, so that's already above half, and feel free to add me to that list. So no, we're not waiting on people who don't know what's happening.
This is worded as if you're also on the list of people who have intent to hammer.
Yep, I agree with that assessment. With that wording I'm trying to impress on verydark that well over half (he refers to the half elsewhere) are completely fine with what's going on, and yes I think he should claim.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by Sando »

I need to talk to mod about stuff, I'm gonna hold off on posts until tomorrow (RL ~18 hours from now) unless I hear back.

UNVOTE:

^I'll do this in the meantime, consider my vote on Gamma in spirit, apparently that's a thing now.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 363, Sando wrote:But where are you getting the thought on me wanting to kill verydark right away? Because of my 'intent to lynch' parrot on pops? I'm trying to emphasise that verydark is verywrong (lolpun) about the idea that half the players don't even know what's going on.
"Intent to hammer" literally means "I intend to hammer if you do not claim or if you claim VT". I don't see how that's anything but being willing to kill him right away.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 255, Kmd4390 wrote:Is it weird if I think kop might be town for those two posts?
Nah I was actually feeling the same way
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 292, davesaz wrote:
In post 274, northsidegal wrote:
In post 266, davesaz wrote:I agree with .
There should be plenty to have an opinion about, if the read-in was thorough. And if the read-in wasn't thorough then IMO the town thing to do would be admit it was a skim and ask for suggestions on things to look at.
VOTE: Myloninja13
but do you think it's a scum thing to do in the first place?
What do you mean by "it"? There are multiple possible interpretations of what you're asking.
when i say "it", i mean admitting that your read through didn't produce any strong reads.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 259, BuJaber wrote:In the middle of that s/he comments on gamma's nickname for vdark. I feel that scum who are eager to make a fake case on someone would not stop in the middle of the post to defend the same person from a non-game relevant comment. Scum would likely ignore irrelevant stuff like that because they'd be self-conscious about veering off-topic but more so if they are also in the process of fakung a scumread.
Maybe I'm biased/tunneled at this point but I feel like this thought process is fake - pops commenting on the name thing is more of a personality tell, I don't see a compelling reason to read anything alignment indicative in it. This looks more like BuJaber is reaching for reasons to justify an artificial townread on pops rather than something he naturally arrived at himself.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by Mathdino »

can one of you guys figure out if scum-verydark decides the best thing he can be doing with his time is shitting on my wording while my vote was off him

like is he that bad at scumplay
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 300, verydark wrote:VOTE: GammaEmerald

The partner thing killed it for me.
Can't be much more anti-town than that.

Still would like to lynch Math, but that's seemingly less likely.
this also feels fake. We've already covered that townies do anti-town things, it doesn't make them scum. And I don't see how after MathDino rips on his reads list, verydark just says "ok, still would like to lynch Math" yet just abandons that conversation and push.

also I am also coming around to a townread on Gamma if I haven't said that already

Removed close-to-modcolor usage.
Last edited by Aster on Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:50 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 313, Sando wrote:The difference in reads from verydark between Kop and Mylo really worry me, especially to call Mylo town, says he's not following flow of play. He shows zero interest in reading Mylo scum despite others expressing scumtells about him. Tells me either a refusal to read Mylo scum, or tunnelled too much to tear himself away from his wagon and his reads are just a way to look busy and pro-town.
can you elaborate on this? it reads as if you're scumreading him for disagreeing with you, but i think the same thing with regards to mylo being towny.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart

Return to “Completed Open Games”