Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1974, skitter30 wrote:Yeah this was one of the most frustrating games I've ever played tbh.
Dun worry, I got lynched for "wanting to focus on Mafia"...frustration was basically the name of this game with this player list.
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by Yuurei »

I thought Ceejay was wolf bc he did a U-turn in my read, forgetting that I couldn't be werewolf due to the fact that TW didn't die d1 (and I left clear that I ultra suspected him to be the seer and Ceejay had been acknowledging it...until mylo!), and wanting to do the best action to werewolves (lynch someone today) + AP protected his lynch in d1 by saying to people lynch Espeonage.

Pine was a possibility though bc his scum game is good as hell and him voting no lynch (very risk to werewolves) could be himself clearing his slot when he was fairly sure of my slot alignment (what he would nk in night).

Kinda sad that if only people did remember the main fact that I couldn't be werewolf (and it had a lot of evidence in-thread), we (mafia) had VERY GOOD chances of winning since Ceejay thought last mafia was Pine ;o; (mainly by voting no lynch when Pine said to vote no lynch)

sorry about the caps rages and every lynch I did there. some of the frustation was real though :lol:

I had completely lost conviction in Espe lynch when he claimed VT, and had lost conviction in Sando being wolf in some point (not that I really suspected someone else until mylo). even so I insisted on it just because sounded a good plan to stay alive tbh .-.

I'm sorry that I was pretty lazy this game Ruby and Pintu ://

Well played AP, and as well Ceejay. You did paint Klick/me so much as the werewolf that you did indeed lynch him and made people forget that...you could be the werewolf gaining a insta win by lynching anyone besides you!! :lol:
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Yuurei »

oh right and what were these nightkills guys?!!

first three night kills were in mafia or seer

:scary:

they deserved the win tbh.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:18 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1972, Sando wrote:
In post 1970, Pine wrote:The key play here was that ceejay had everyone fooled. No one was considering him. Klick we got by PoE as scum (if wrong team), and the Townies naturally assumed the other was the remaining scum.
Skitter was literally voting CJ eod and you came out and said "Klick of no-one, gtfo"...

I stand by my "I feel sorry for you if you're town" Skitter :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've never really understood the attitude of blaming Town for a scum win, rather than lauding the scum.

Utterly convincing one Townie was ALL HE NEEDED. Sitting in the dead thread, you have the luxury of omniscience - living players do not.

So again, well done ceejay, it was a deserved win.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:18 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1976, Yuurei wrote:Kinda sad that if only people did remember the main fact that I couldn't be werewolf (and it had a lot of evidence in-thread), we (mafia) had VERY GOOD chances of winning since Ceejay thought last mafia was Pine ;o; (mainly by voting no lynch when Pine said to vote no lynch)
The no-lynch gambit was a massive spotlight of "I'm Mafia", continuing to read Pine as Mafia through it was an indication of just how scummy Pine acted all game, it didn't make it a good gambit.

"Couldn't be Wolf" is just silly, Skitter lynched me based on the fact that she "couldn't possibly be wolf with AP", and the wolf (CJ) did the exact same thing as her.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1978, Pine wrote:I've never really understood the attitude of blaming Town for a scum win, rather than lauding the scum.
CJ got plenty of plaudits in the dead thread as well.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1979, Sando wrote:The no-lynch gambit was a massive spotlight of "I'm Mafia", continuing to read Pine as Mafia through it was an indication of just how scummy Pine acted all game, it didn't make it a good gambit.
yeah this basically.

like that doesn't came from a wolf like ever since it blatantly tips the game from being wolf-sided to maf-sided, irregardless of whether or not it incidentally slightly benefited town. like the benefit to town was so slight that it was basically meaningless and at a certain point i gave up trying to point these things out because no one was listening to me

yuurei you did a really good job shouting at the wolves to kill maf because it made me doubt klick!maf despite the plan
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1981, skitter30 wrote:like the benefit to town was so slight that it was basically meaningless and at a certain point i gave up trying to point these things out because no one was listening to me
Setup/logical speculation is basically universally scumread on MS I've found, it's frustrating.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by Klick »

I find this amusing because, like I said, I'd have proposed the exact same thing as town.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:52 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 1968, AP wrote:
In post 1966, ceejayvinoya wrote:Lols I thought Pine was last maf xD

Sorry for forcing you into it Skitter
That's why I was hoping the lynch goes through bc I doubted you would shoot the real Mafioso. :P

Great show though, CJV. GG everyone.
Reason I got UD killed is I was having doubts that he really was the last maf (I earlier thought UD is maf). So when he flipped town I thought I was screwed :lol:
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:03 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Dammit Fumuki. You have fooled :lol:

GG Everyone :D
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

My reads were on point on this game :lol:
Got a little frustrated with skitter assuming CJ was not Mafia 'cause I was pushing him on D1 and then said that I was townreading almost all confirmed town flips, I was hoping she would notice that my reads were good and that CJ was scummy.

GG CJ, you deserve the win! Also AP for the first shot I guess?
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:49 pm

Post by ofrhz »

omg it's PINTU! Hi!!
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:31 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 1956, the worst wrote:
In post 1955, skitter30 wrote:pine if you're actually town here ....

and yeah if he was maf than the game is over and i guess the wolfteam of ap/cj wins
yup
the skitter fanclub are literally crying into our tea in the dead thread. =_=

... asked for the dead thread like 10 times.... :(
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:34 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

ok just read through and evidently AA9 has some shit going so I want to take back the comment about the dead thread (sorry AA9).

Also thank you for the game and GG to all!
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 1984, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 1968, AP wrote:
In post 1966, ceejayvinoya wrote:Lols I thought Pine was last maf xD

Sorry for forcing you into it Skitter
That's why I was hoping the lynch goes through bc I doubted you would shoot the real Mafioso. :P

Great show though, CJV. GG everyone.
Reason I got UD killed is I was having doubts that he really was the last maf (I earlier thought UD is maf). So when he flipped town I thought I was screwed :lol:
Ah! when I woke up (or didn't) today I was like 95% you and 5% some unreasonable god like play from WW!Skitter.

Also, Skitter - a free and earned compliment - you are pretty much the most outstanding player I have played with on MS so far. Very good game.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:48 pm

Post by the worst »

yeah AA9 has been busy with irl stuff : ( hope she's ok.
I'd send you the link Ugglez but she needs to add viewers as is, there's not heaps of interesting stuff in there. just Sando AP and I laughing about how scummy everyone was
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:49 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1990, UglyDuck wrote:Also, Skitter - a free and earned compliment - you are pretty much the most outstanding player I have played with on MS so far. Very good game.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
will second with extreme prejudice and many chevrons
--
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:07 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1983, Klick wrote:I find this amusing because, like I said, I'd have proposed the exact same thing as town.
yes, but my point is that it almost never came from the wolf, and thus you shouldn't have been a lynch candidate today - like i pointed out it was insanely pro-maf and marginally pro-town, but which of the two alignments it actually came from could/should have been sorted out tomorrow after finding the wolf

--
In post 1990, UglyDuck wrote:Also, Skitter - a free and earned compliment - you are pretty much the most outstanding player I have played with on MS so far. Very good game.
In post 1992, the worst wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
will second with extreme prejudice and many chevrons
tyty both :)

(those are chevrons? i thought they were called carats. til.)

this game also reinforced to me that my actual reads are kinda meh, and that i tend to get tunnel-y and that it's hard for me to break out of that early-game, which leads to mislynches cuz i get stubborn (sorry sando + duckling). what i'm actually good at is reading momentum + wagons + associatives + understanding the gamestate in a holisitic sense and figuring out where scum is based on that. also that trusting my gut in endgame after doing my due diligence works fairly well
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:03 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1993, skitter30 wrote:(those are chevrons? i thought they were called carats. til.)
this is a good question. I think functionally they're the same? or possibly carats refers to that specific ^ symbol while chevron refers to that shape in general (like how square is to quadrilateral in a sense)

I'll need to do some etymology homework I think. :3
--

Return to “Completed Open Games”