BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 570, Mathdino wrote:I don't see what's relevant then about what you'd do as scum when you're town...
Oh so it's just based on what I said. The point was that I am not confident on my read with Sajj so I can build a case for either alignment and the same goes for nsg because he is pushing for Sajj.

Though I actually have been building a case on nsg in one of my PTs but it sort of depends on me townreading you 100%. I'm close but not there yet.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Awoo if you're townreading me you should be townreading UglyDuck by extension

I would rather have respect than free townreads
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by wavemode »

In post 576, Mathdino wrote:Awoo if you're townreading me you should be townreading UglyDuck by extension
it continues to baffle me that an experienced player can make statements like this in good faith
retired...?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:44 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 577, wavemode wrote:
In post 576, Mathdino wrote:Awoo if you're townreading me you should be townreading UglyDuck by extension
it continues to baffle me that an experienced player can make statements like this in good faith
I make statements that help me win games

My regrets when scum win are usually that I didn't defend town hard enough
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:47 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Like you seem like the kind of person that lynches people that I say are town being like "math you can't possibly have good reason to think UglyDuck is town"
And then blames the mislynch on the lynchee instead of taking responsibility for your reads

If I'm right, this is gonna be a long game

If someone is in my top 3 town, people lynching them have no knowledge of my reads accuracy
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:19 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 573, wavemode wrote:
In post 571, Awoo wrote:Still waiting for a reason not to lynch AA9
because uglyduck is a better lynch
why? like really... please explain to me why I am a better lynch.
Actually everyone that skum reads me should answer that. If you are town and voting for me it is only beneficial down the road if I flip.
I do no think AA9 is skum - I think this is a TvT situation.

I am horrible at making cases on D1 so I don't know what to do - The only read I have on skum is Mutant bc of how quickly the wagon went away.
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:03 pm

Post by wavemode »

In post 579, Mathdino wrote:Like you seem like the kind of person that lynches people that I say are town being like "math you can't possibly have good reason to think UglyDuck is town"
And then blames the mislynch on the lynchee instead of taking responsibility for your reads

If I'm right, this is gonna be a long game

If someone is in my top 3 town, people lynching them have no knowledge of my reads accuracy
the kind of player i am is realistic. i think you do have okay reasons to townread uglyduck, i just disagree with them. and even if i did agree with them, i still wouldn't consider them actionable since meta can be very easily manipulated, both purposefully when you know you're playing with people who have seen your scumgame before, and incidentally by getting better at the game of mafia and by random life factors. i would never lock someone away as do-not-lynch purely on the basis of meta

even if i were doing a meta-analysis of uglyduck, what i see is a player who is capable. as scum he knows how to make himself seem like the victim. he knows how to look involved in game strategy, and he knows how to pick apart people's arguments logically. anything i might feel like townreading him for in this game, he has faked in past scumgames. the trap i'd say he falls into (in his past scum games as well as in this game) is classic egocentrism, where pretty much every post he makes is either about himself or his own reads/observations or responding to other people's reads of him. in his town games he spends more time trying to understand other people's points, asking them to explain and elaborate on their own thoughts, on things that aren't about him.

but hey, i could be wrong. maybe he is not manipulating anything and you do indeed see things that i do not see in ugly's past games that indicate he is town. that wouldn't be anyone's fault but my own. but surely you understand my perspective. i've lynched dozens of scum who very good players have sworn to me were town. so forgive me if my skepticism of your certainty comes off as condescension.

in addition, you must also understand that whichever lynch you redirect people to from uglyduck could be, as you yourself said, hilariously wrong. besides that, with only 5 days left in day 1, if the uglyduck wagon were to dissolve at this point we could easily be looking at an 11th hour compromise lynch on whichever player just happens to have low game presence at that moment. at least with uglyduck we are lynching someone with significant player interaction we can analyze, and someone whom a large number of players genuinely scumread, who will thus likely be a liability in the late game (if he does happen to be town).

all of this, to summarily respond to your post as well as UglyDuck's question above, is why i strongly disagree with dissolving the uglyduck wagon at this point. he is, both in my subjective opinion as well as in terms of objective game strategy, the best lynch.
retired...?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:51 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 248, BuJaber wrote: And btw I think there is
only
one scum between you and duck so if you're town he isn't and vice versa. This is not because of any connection between you (though now you told us he's your neighbor maybe we'll see something) but it's a statistical bet based on things I've noticed from scum opening posts. I believe that statistically if you have 25% or more of the players starting the game with some sort of apology for lateness or their inactivity then 1 of them is scum and just piggybacking on the others' excuses.
In post 249, BuJaber wrote:(Duck + cat + arc + nsg = 4 / 13 ) I already discussed nsg and I should have probably clarified that I consider cat one of you 3 that I'm willing to vote for if that wasn't clear. That's where the 25% comes from.

The original ping was me not liking your first post or duck's post in the same page complaining about the number of pages.
Unless something actionable comes up regarding the neighborhood lies I am lynching one of those 4 because these posts still stands. I have recently had great success picking up on early-game tells. I'm willing to vote for AA9 specifically but the recent votes on her make me uneasy. They came quickly and without explanation.

Also the wagons did a good job. Duck and AA9 are posting more. It is now players like invis, mylon, and seal that seem to be lurking behind.
Why my vote is on Duck I've talked about with him extensively. He has spent his time defending himself without any effort to sell us on mutant. He also thinks AA9 is town but hasn't tried to appeal to her to switch votes when she was on his wagon. Her vote switch to Dino came out of nowhere. Mutant himself is an odd choice to me for a vote considering I townread them and he he barely got any heat or suspicion from anyone since the early game stuff.

We should discuss some other potential wagon just in case town don't agree on neither duck nor AA9. Has mylon doe anything this game? Is he participating behind the scenes in the PTs?
People who townread mylon.. is your read still the same?
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:21 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Most people who townread me have played with me or seen my town play before.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:31 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Hence the question. Is your play still in line with your town meta.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:37 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

I'm actually having fun here, so I'd say yeah lol.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:30 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 582, BuJaber wrote:I'm willing to vote for AA9 specifically but the recent votes on her make me uneasy. They came quickly and without explanation.
My vote is more policy than anything. I don't like AA9's interactions with people. Not because there is anything necessarily scummy about them but rather because the interactions are kinda toxic. Regardless of whose fault that kind of interaction is, the easiest soloution is to remove AA9. My scum team only won my last scum game because of how much the town was at each other's throats and I see traces of that here. Either AA9 is scum or they'll be a problem townie later on in the game. IMO, that's worth spending a lynch on. Especially a day 1 lynch.

I asked invisibility about his vote essentially right after he made it and he says that AA9 is awful at defending herself and that she's scum trying to thrust hate onto math.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:31 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 583, Myloninja13 wrote:Most people who townread me have played with me or seen my town play before.
In post 584, BuJaber wrote:Hence the question. Is your play still in line with your town meta.
I'd say so yes, hence my town read of mylo.

That said, I'd fully expect scum!mylo to have the same level of minimum effort.
I mostly just lurk now.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:35 am

Post by BuJaber »

What about uglyduck mutant? Do you townread him and why/why not?
UnrealSeal
UnrealSeal
Goon
UnrealSeal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:41 am

Post by UnrealSeal »

I've been following along and reading but things have been hectic and I haven't been able to forumlate a good response, especially since a lot of discussion right now are meta discussions that I'm not very qualified to enter.

@Wavemode, I disagree entirely with Uglyduck as the D1 lynch. He's definitely quite scummy but AA9 has clearly stopped giving a shit about solving the game at this point and is focused on being combative and defensive as possible.

Notice that as more townies butt heads with each she's taken the chance to sink back into to obscurity and is lurking again. This is trademark scum play.
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:49 am

Post by wavemode »

that's confirmation bias. AA9 is a low-activity player in general. in fact it should raise eyebrows if she were to suddenly become super active when suspicion was cast at her
retired...?
UnrealSeal
UnrealSeal
Goon
UnrealSeal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:09 am

Post by UnrealSeal »

which... she did become super active when people started voting her, and she overblew her reaction to the point of absurdity.
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:17 am

Post by wavemode »

by what metric? she was in the thread for maybe an hour yesterday afternoon responding to the wagon
retired...?
UnrealSeal
UnrealSeal
Goon
UnrealSeal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:39 am

Post by UnrealSeal »

Yes, and during that time she made no effort to actually solve the game. She simply focused on covering her own ass.

She has also gone back to lurking again after other discussions have cropped up and other wagons try to form. I've seen scum do this shit before. This is exactly what Creature did to me in Micro 807. While I regret my play in that game, you can you see the similarities. I call Creature scum, he very briefly defends himself and then when RC and I start butting heads and other wagons form up, he lurks again and is able to avoid attention for pretty much the rest of the game.
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:56 am

Post by wavemode »

again, confirmation bias. you're seeing what you want to see by drawing a comparison between two completely different players in two completely different contexts. none of this is a valid reason to derail the uglyduck wagon. i could just as easily find any player in this game and make the argument that they are playing the same as some scum i played with in the past, and therefore they are scum
retired...?
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:50 am

Post by Awoo »

ah **** hes just to sweet i cant do it UNVOTE:
VOTE: AA9 lets be honest im torn between two towns idk who mafia is anymore
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:58 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 588, BuJaber wrote:What about uglyduck mutant? Do you townread him and why/why not?
I don't really have a read either way on them.
I mostly just lurk now.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:45 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

VC8
UglyDuck(3) (L-4)
: wavemode, BuJaber, wingedcatgirl,
ArcAngel9 (4) (L-3)
: UnrealSeal, mutantdevle, Invisibility, Awoo
mutantdevle (1) (L-6):
UglyDuck
Scioness Sajj (1) (L-6):
Mathdino
Mathdino (1) (L-6):
ArcAngel9
UnrealSeal (1) (L-6):
Scioness Sajj

Not voting: Myloninja13, northsidegal
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:46 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Reminder: you have a bit under 4 days left. The deadline countdown is in post !
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:48 am

Post by Mathdino »

NSG if you're town you're seriously dropping the ball

I can't push this shit alone

What are you doing this game

Return to “Completed Open Games”