Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:08 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 47, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:Hypoclaiming is quite useless, because the cop really should claim if he's put on stand.
Wat? These two are completely separate functions. The cop (and any other PR) should claim if they're about to get lynched as per normal. Hypoclaiming is to allow you to give results as a PR without giving away your PR status.
shizune
shizune
Townie
shizune
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:50 pm

Post by shizune »

Hello. :)

What's hypoclaiming?
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by AP »

In post 51, Sando wrote:Hypoclaiming is to allow you to give results as a PR without giving away your PR status
Except if you clear any of the 3 anti-town players you are telling one or two of them you're not the Cop.

But there's this little thing I want to note right now: There is NO COP! It's a GUNSMITH. This means our investigative can return up to 4 guilties, but one of them is fake (the Vig will return a positive result as well as the Mafia/SK).

I also saw someone mentioning a Roleblocker, and I really hope that was a typo. Otherwise I'd assume someone's playing the game without knowing the setup or mechanics, which would really suck.
YEAH BABY YEAH!
Oh, behave :]
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by AP »

In post 52, shizune wrote:Hello. :)

What's hypoclaiming?
Something we're NOT doing on the opening 2 days.
YEAH BABY YEAH!
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:35 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 53, AP wrote:
In post 51, Sando wrote:Hypoclaiming is to allow you to give results as a PR without giving away your PR status
Except if you clear any of the 3 anti-town players you are telling one or two of them you're not the Cop.

But there's this little thing I want to note right now: There is NO COP! It's a GUNSMITH. This means our investigative can return up to 4 guilties, but one of them is fake (the Vig will return a positive result as well as the Mafia/SK).
Good point on the "cop" vs "gunsmith". Yes I'm aware of the dangers of hypo'ing, they're the same every game it's discussed. I'd also push for the hypo to be around the vig depending on kills, since non-town can't be sure the person wasn't RBd even if they say they vig'd them.
In post 53, AP wrote:I also saw someone mentioning a Roleblocker, and I really hope that was a typo. Otherwise I'd assume someone's playing the game without knowing the setup or mechanics, which would really suck.
Me, why are you hoping it's a typo? Are you hoping it's a typo in the opening post of rolecards as well?
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:46 pm

Post by Marshmallow Marshall »

In post 49, ejjinami wrote:I suddenly feel smart. wow

and yeah. :/ crumbing is a bit more valuable here cuz even with a closed setup we won't really know how many of the PRs are still alive. It could help with the claims, but I'd leave it to the individual choice tbh.
Let's be frank, no one is gonna waste time reading through a killed dude's ISO just to look for "possible crumbs". And with the person dead it's all WIFOM anyways. Crumbing is most useful to those who are still alive and want others to believe their claim.

And if the crumb is big enough for others to notice it without you explaining it, it's a failure cuz it'll only get you killed.

I'd say it should be a personal decision. People who are generally townread or are confident in not getting lynched shouldn't crumb imo.
I half agree with you on that. Leave small crumbs, not ones that can out you alive. It's not hard and might pay off later. It can't hurt ^^
Norweegian:
I'm changing your name to Marshal Zhukov after watching that video.
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:48 pm

In post 51, Sando wrote:
In post 47, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:Hypoclaiming is quite useless, because the cop really should claim if he's put on stand.
Wat? These two are completely separate functions. The cop (and any other PR) should claim if they're about to get lynched as per normal. Hypoclaiming is to allow you to give results as a PR without giving away your PR status.
...but WE WONT KNOW if the guy is telling truth before a long while. Crumbs > hypoclaims. We don't want a day wasted on talking about hypoclaims lol. @Shizune, hypoclaiming is saying that if you are XXX role, you did XXX last night.
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:51 pm

In post 53, AP wrote:

I also saw someone mentioning a Roleblocker, and I really hope that was a typo. Otherwise I'd assume someone's playing the game without knowing the setup or mechanics, which would really suck.
Wow. ++++++scumpoints for trying to confuse people, seriously... like, it's not funny enough to be a shitpost, and it's false. VOTE: ap
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:53 pm

In post 55, Sando wrote:
In post 53, AP wrote:

Good point on the "cop" vs "gunsmith". Yes I'm aware of the dangers of hypo'ing, they're the same every game it's discussed. I'd also push for the hypo to be around the vig depending on kills, since non-town can't be sure the person wasn't RBd even if they say they vig'd them.
In post 53, AP wrote:I also saw someone mentioning a Roleblocker, and I really hope that was a typo. Otherwise I'd assume someone's playing the game without knowing the setup or mechanics, which would really suck.
Me, why are you hoping it's a typo? Are you hoping it's a typo in the opening post of rolecards as well?
Where's the gunsmith part, pray tell??

Yep :yawn:
Norweegian:
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:20 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 57, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 51, Sando wrote:
...but WE WONT KNOW if the guy is telling truth before a long while. Crumbs > hypoclaims. We don't want a day wasted on talking about hypoclaims lol. @Shizune, hypoclaiming is saying that if you are XXX role, you did XXX last night.
My point is that regardless of whether we decide on crumbs vs hypo, PRs should claim if they're about to get lynched. They're independent and the fact that they should claim pre-lynch does not change the hypo vs crumb discussion at all.
In post 59, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:Where's the gunsmith part, pray tell??

Yep
Dietitian will return a "guilty" on: Mafia, SK, Vig
A traditional gunsmith will return a "guilty" on: Mafia, SK, Vig
A tradition cop will return a "guilty" on: Mafia, SK.

Hence "gunsmith" is a better descriptor than "cop".
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:04 am

Post by LuckyOtter »

In post 42, ejjinami wrote:
In post 6, LuckyOtter wrote:VOTE: ceejayvinoya like I should have last time.

Pedit: Damn you manatee
are you from the game where cee was super townie and explained his reads? Was he scum?
He was scum and I ended up listening to people instead of my gut.

Gut says AP is a good wagon.

VOTE: AP
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:08 am

Post by LuckyOtter »

In post 49, ejjinami wrote: Let's be frank, no one is gonna waste time reading through a killed dude's ISO just to look for "possible crumbs". And with the person dead it's all WIFOM anyways. Crumbing is most useful to those who are still alive and want others to believe their claim.
Mmmm I dunno, honestly you're probably right D2, but D3 I think I'd be more likely to go crumbhunting. I'm thinking crumbing is better than hypoing in this scenario but I have no experience with hypoing so take that with a grain of salt. I just feel like hypoing might lead to more WIFOM than necessary
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:47 am

Post by ejjinami »

Rn Lucky is town, MM is town, manat is town.

MM and AP are most prob not in a team together.

Sando pings me as scum cuz for some time he’s been focusing on theory posts without actually trying to progress the game.

And I don’t like either of Black’s posts tbh. I’m not even sure what pings me about them, but they give me a weird feeling.

VOTE: Sando
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:48 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 35, Korina wrote:
Votecount 1.1

Not_Mafia(2)
~
(4)
(2)

Marshmallow Marshall(2)
~
(2)
(1)

UnrealSeal(1)
~
(5)

ManateeDude(1)
~
(1)

ejjinami(1)
~
(7)

ceejayvinoya(1)
~
(1)

AP(1)
~
(2)

Not Voting (3): ejjinami
(0)
, Not_Mafia
(3)
, shizune
(0)

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-07-10 19:45:00)
And btw, what do the numbers in the brackets mean? (the purple colored ones)
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:58 am

Post by Korina »

Votecount 1.2

AP(3)
~ (4), (14), (3)

Not_Mafia(2)
~ (8), (2)
Marshmallow Marshall(2)
~ (2), (1)
Sando(1)
~ (8)
ManateeDude(1)
~ (2)
ejjinami(1)
~ (9)

Not Voting (2): Not_Mafia(3), shizune(1)

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-07-10 19:45:00)

MOD REMINDERS
@ejjinami The purple numbers are the number of posts you've made.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:11 am

Post by AP »

In post 63, ejjinami wrote:MM and AP are most prob not in a team together.
@MM: It WORKED! You're a GENIUS! :P
YEAH BABY YEAH!
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:14 am

Post by AP »

In post 55, Sando wrote:
In post 53, AP wrote:I also saw someone mentioning a Roleblocker, and I really hope that was a typo. Otherwise I'd assume
someone
's playing the game without knowing the setup or mechanics, which would really suck.
Hello! My name is Austin Powers and I'm
someone
who.. yadda yadda yadda :oops: :oops: :facepalm:
YEAH BABY YEAH!
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:20 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 63, ejjinami wrote:Rn Lucky is town, MM is town, manat is town.

MM and AP are most prob not in a team together.

Sando pings me as scum cuz for some time he’s been focusing on theory posts without actually trying to progress the game.

And I don’t like either of Black’s posts tbh. I’m not even sure what pings me about them, but they give me a weird feeling.

VOTE: Sando
Its my avatar. It has that effect on people :wink:
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:21 am

Post by BlackStar »

My vote on MM is serious now
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:26 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 67, AP wrote:
In post 55, Sando wrote:
In post 53, AP wrote:I also saw someone mentioning a Roleblocker, and I really hope that was a typo. Otherwise I'd assume
someone
's playing the game without knowing the setup or mechanics, which would really suck.
Hello! My name is Austin Powers and I'm
someone
who.. yadda yadda yadda :oops: :oops: :facepalm:
Can you elaborate on ? Tbh I didn't get it either.
BlackStar wrote:My vote on MM is serious now
Why do you think MM is scum? And how do you feel about joining my sando wagon?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:29 am

Post by BlackStar »

He's misrepping AP and trying to dissuade us from hypo claiming. Seems pretty anti town to me
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:30 am

Post by BlackStar »

I'm not convinced in your argument against Sando. If you had something stronger, I'd consider it
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:41 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 71, BlackStar wrote:He's misrepping AP and trying to dissuade us from hypo claiming. Seems pretty anti town to me
I was the first one to say hypoclaiming is bad, do you have any thoughts about that? and what do you think about hypoclaiming?
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:29 am

In post 60, Sando wrote:
In post 57, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 51, Sando wrote:
My point is that regardless of whether we decide on crumbs vs hypo, PRs should claim if they're about to get lynched. They're independent and the fact that they should claim pre-lynch does not change the hypo vs crumb discussion at all.
In post 59, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:Where's the gunsmith part, pray tell??

Yep
Dietitian will return a "guilty" on: Mafia, SK, Vig
A traditional gunsmith will return a "guilty" on: Mafia, SK, Vig
A tradition cop will return a "guilty" on: Mafia, SK.

Hence "gunsmith" is a better descriptor than "cop".
OH. Blame my main site, on there Gunsmith = someone who visits people to give them a 1-use gun. Never heard of that version.
Norweegian:

Return to “Completed Open Games”