OPEN 732 : PICK YOUR POWER X/Y (GAME OVER)

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by the worst »

VOTE COUNT 1.17

Sando (0)
~
skitter30 (0)
~
AP (1)
~ Invisibility,
Cardi B (1)
~ BuJaber,
BuJaber (1)
~ Sando,
Ausuka (0)
~
Skygazer (0)
~
vulcan logician (1)
~ Ausuka,
ceejayvinoya (0)
~
ruru (0)
~
ofrhz (0)
~
Invisibility (1)
~ Cardi B,
OkaPoka (0)
~
Enigma (4)
~ Skygazer, ruru, ofrhz, OkaPoka,

NOT VOTING:
AP, Enigma, ceejayvinoya, vulcan logician, skitter30,

with 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

day one will end in (expired on 2018-07-25 18:30:00)

mod notes:

- skitter30 v/la Fridays & Saturdays
- quack
Last edited by the worst on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:44 pm

Post by Cardi B »

In post 240, vulcan logician wrote:So far, I gotta say that Ceej is the towniest I've ever seen him. I lean town on him, but my inner paranoiac wonders if scum!ceej is just not super towny. (I've never played with Ceej as scum.) I know that I tend to come off as more towny when I roll scum... perhaps because, in those cases, I actually take time to do things with the intent to come off as towny.
Can I ask you somethink, when did you notice that thing about sounding towny as scum
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:46 pm

Post by Cardi B »

In post 241, ruru wrote:- If you actually think I'm getting pled, talking about when specifically you're pling me is anti-town (I'm not getting pled btw because the players in this game who know how to read me already know I'm town)
She got that shconfidence
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:49 pm

Post by Cardi B »

In post 242, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 192, AP wrote:
In post 188, Invisibility wrote:
In post 186, AP wrote:Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I think I want to sheep skitter for now.

VOTE: Oka
is this just a sheep?
Nope. That was the slot that actually got me pulling my hair off. Al he seems to do is nitpick anything that anyone else says. It looks like he wants to stand out as "doing something different" but -at the same time- nothing productive. He's spewing doubt in every single case or line of reasoning anyone else tries to build upon and that's it.
link me some quotes
U wanna stop n explain to him why you aint scum? :P :P :P
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:50 pm

Post by vulcan logician »

In post 651, Cardi B wrote:
In post 240, vulcan logician wrote:So far, I gotta say that Ceej is the towniest I've ever seen him. I lean town on him, but my inner paranoiac wonders if scum!ceej is just not super towny. (I've never played with Ceej as scum.) I know that I tend to come off as more towny when I roll scum... perhaps because, in those cases, I actually take time to do things with the intent to come off as towny.
Can I ask you somethink, when did you notice that thing about sounding towny as scum
Probably after like two scum games where everyone townread me, with two town games in between where people thought I was scummy af.

Can I ask YOU somethink?

How come each post you make in rapid succession makes me love you more?
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by Cardi B »

Boy tryna be invisible?
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by Cardi B »

In post 259, OkaPoka wrote:@skitter30 wait why are you voting engima? do you just like the people on the wagon?

I am getting a lot of blatant sheeping this game which is weird, would like to see more people creating unique cases or at least reiterating what other people say about someone as their reason for voting someone, not i think x is town so im going to sheep.
I wanna see this world u livin in where skitter aint explainin her self enough huh
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:57 pm

Post by Cardi B »

In post 267, Ausuka wrote:@brass: what is the point of going around putting "pressure votes" on people that have never been prodded and have given content in the game and why is it better than scumhunting?
There's plentya tracks u coul be on and this is the wrong one.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by Cardi B »

In post 268, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 261, Ausuka wrote:not scumreading invis, definitely not for the oka vote; feel like the unapologetic nature of the vote instead of making up some justification is town-indicative.

i like the wagon situation w/ enigma and oka.
wut

you are really townreading a tone vote this late into day 1?
This gives me a feel like they aren't partners ....I donno I cant get into it.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by Cardi B »

In post 284, OkaPoka wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 277, AP wrote:
In post 217, ofrhz wrote:what are you referring to here?
Being persistent on shading ruru despite the fact (from my own PoV) it's clear she's town and her pick and claim came from a townie mindset.
In post 80, OkaPoka wrote:But is there town motivation?
Again, beating a dead horse. If there's no
scum motivation
it's a town action. There are plenty of town motivation that are best kept hidden and it gets on my nerves -in general- when people persist on dwelling over a certain point to no end. (ex: I was once a Cop, and I got a clear on someone, and the town Vig was persistent on either shooting me or shooting my innocent regardless of the flip of the day lynch. I eventually burst and replaced out after telling them how stupid their play was. It was D2 and I was defending just ONE player. Isn't this reason enough to take a breath and consider the possibilities? Would scum stick their neck this far out to defend a buddy?)

Anyway..
In post 101, OkaPoka wrote:Why wouldn't town pick an investigator role first or at least pretend to be one with the low keyness and then pgo.
People do not think alike nor do they act alike. This is trying to force his own way as the only correct way.
In post 113, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 105, AP wrote:
In post 101, OkaPoka wrote:Why wouldn't town pick an investigator role first or at least pretend to be one with the low keyness and then pgo.
Because they'd be a prime target for the NK anyway. If you're #1 in the picking order and you're town, scum will always assume you picked Cop, Role Cop or JK/Tracker. However, TPRs don't know who's town and one of those might be inclined to investigate the person who picked first, hence the claim. (Otherwise it would have been great if she didn't claim and just obv!towned enough to guarantee she gets targeted by the NK on N1).
but why claim now? the plan falls apart completely and it serves town no purpose.
The answer to his question is within the very post he's quoting.
In post 113, OkaPoka wrote:I don't think Engima was scumreading BuJaber
Explain in light of Oka's statement. Also, why don't we ask Enigma himself rather than declare reads on his behalf?
In post 113, OkaPoka wrote:sounds like he was doing some weird probability calculations/rvs vote. I don't think that is inherently scummy at this phase of the game, it was like a semi-rvs vote. It's not like BuJaber is going to be lynched this quick in the game.
So he does SR BuJaber. Or are his probability calculations indicative of intent to propose for marriage? And how can a vote based on the
probability of being scum
be considered a RANDOM vote?
In post 115, OkaPoka wrote:What I am saying is that ruru may have not played it optimally for town but maybe she did play it optimally for scum.

The phrasing is still pinging me. "If it's not optimal town play then it maybe scum play!"

SCUM PGO DOES NOT CLAIM. They simply lurk and lure a TPR or two to drop by and BOOOM! That's it. Also PGO doesn't live to LyLo (unless we are lucky enough to have 2 scums down by then already), so ruru is asking to be lynched before LyLo. WHAT is the scum motivation there?

Let's assume the worst. ruru is a scum Vig. She claims to keep the investigatives away. Now why the hell does she do that (thus condemn herself to being lynched) when she could've just used up her vig shot on N1 anyway, and played to live longer?

Maybe I am a bit biased? Maybe it's a playing style thing? I dunno. But being skeptical is one thing ad spreading the seeds of doubt about most everything even the obvious is totally another.

Just my humble opinion.

ehh i disagree

1) ruru could have claimed later in the day, no need to drop the pgo btw early in the day
2) i guess i shouldn't have assumed enigma's intent but some1 asked me for an opinion on enigma i think so i gave them ti
3) i think engima's vote is less bujaber said x and that i scummy and more bujaber did this and chances are he is scum, but ask enigma i guess
4) my point is it seems like something town and scum could both potentially do, but it is more likely for scum to do. maybe im wrong, you do bring a valid point.
5) i still don't see im spreading the seeds of doubt of almost everything, i didn't like the enigma wagon if that is what you are referring to so yeah i kinda wanted it dead
Yerrrrr I was right krrr krr
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by Cardi B »

Imna start skimmin Ive been at this for too long.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:08 pm

Post by Cardi B »

Dam how did I got more posts than some of you.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by Cardi B »

In post 371, ofrhz wrote:the impression i got from reading his scumgame in Coalition was that he was less flippant and more cooperative there. so for example, i think is more likely to come from town than scum invis

basically, if you're expecting paragraphs or even sentences of analysis from invis, i highly doubt you'll get that from him from either alignment.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:19 pm

Post by Cardi B »

In post 458, brassherald wrote:
@Mod my fiancee and I just broke up, I'm going to be a mess for a few days, just replace me please.
Sorry for stealin your girl :(
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:29 pm

Post by Cardi B »

Hokay Im gonna say skitter,AP,ruru,ohrfrz probably town. I think Invinibilty,Skygazer n Engima are all hot maybes. VOTE: OkaPoka is where the shmoney is for me righnow.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:29 pm

Post by Cardi B »

In post 633, OkaPoka wrote:@cardi are you an alt?
Cardi B https://www.instagram.com/iamcardib
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:30 pm

Post by BuJaber »

@enigma - for what it's worth I thought of the usual first picks .. 7 and 1. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that 7 is the most picked number when someone picks a 'random' number. Human condition and all that. (I really like the number 7 myself but it turns out I'm just not special). So I picked 6 because I thought that
after
7 people would be scrambling to get the smallest numbers and that numbers bigger than 7 might be too high so I went with 6.

Confusing yourself and using theories you don't understand very well because you're trying too hard is usually a towntell. It also looks really messy if scum and scum tend to be more careful.
So this is either intentionally acting like a crazy guy or it's townie behaviour.

BUT why if he knows he read 5% of the article, hasn't done much math in 10 years, isn't confident that he understands the article very much, would he be so obnoxious about it early game? He was doing the whole "educate yourself on game theory fools" routine.

@Cardi - it sounds like I think ruru is town because I do. I suspected her heavily at first, then she started posting real content and it came off as town.

Let's talk about vulcan. First of all I kinda like Bujabish so that was a happy typo .. you may call me that but only for this game. I still prefer my actual username (or its shorthand Bu / Buj).
Secondly for a guy who claims he is not confident in his reads and continuously second guessing himself he is very theatrical about his reveals like he's going to drop some heroic level one-of-a-kind analysis. And then it's just a bunch of nulls and he needs to take a break after it. :eek:
Lurking and not contributing is definitely bad but I'd rather have you post helpful stuff instead of forcing yourself to post just for the sake of posting.
Coming off as someone faking a townie mindset.

AP keeps talking about self meta and doesn't seem committed to his votes. A scumlean there.

Invis seems to have a shy meta either alignment so I don't know how much we can expect from him either way :/

Oka is a townread but I can't help but feel like he's been trying to vote for enigma for a long time but just pretending to have reservations.
CJ's sheeping actually comes off townie to me. I can't explain it exactly but it's sort of like he doesn't give a flying egg sandwich about he comes across.

All in all I think for day 1 I am only going to vote for either:
- Brass (cardi) - meta, associative post-flip read on sando, and honestly the roleplay is annoying from cardi. You can have fun playing while making cohesive posts. Treat it like a game but take your wincon seriously is my philosophy. Roleplaying is kind of like playing by yourself instead of cooperating.

- Vulcna - sounds like scum faking a townie mindset. His lack of confidence seems exaggerated.

- enigma - not convinced he is being truthful, some of his posts seem fake, his attitude is inconsistent with what he is saying, good wagon analysis.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:30 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

are u caught up?

@cardib do you have prior experience with mafia?
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Post by Cardi B »

In post 654, vulcan logician wrote:How come each post you make in rapid succession makes me love you more?
Oh youknow... I have a certain effect on people, aaaahhhyy
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:32 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Cardi if you're playing on a computer can you combine your posts a little bit please?

If on phone I understand that it takes more effort so do whatever.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:32 pm

Post by Cardi B »

In post 667, OkaPoka wrote:are u caught up?

@cardib do you have prior experience with mafia?
Im....somewhat caught upp. Im' not gonna do any more readin right now anyways.

I know bout mafia yea.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:34 pm

Post by BuJaber »

I am biased though I play on phone 95% of the time and I try to keep my quoting at a minimum so that I don't spam if I split them up and I don't fuck up the formatting if I post walls.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:34 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

@cardi b do you have any prior experience playing mafia on this website?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:35 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 672, OkaPoka wrote:@cardi b do you have any prior experience playing mafia on this website?
Lol this is the slowest interview ever
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:36 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

someone is being a bit hidden with their answer so i have to get more and more specific

Return to “Completed Open Games”