Open 726 - Revenge of the Vengeful (Endgame)

Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:00 am

Post by Marshmallow Marshall »

In post 79, Rei wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: Marshmallow

Let's add some pressure, I don't like the replies to almost50 tbh
Hi :)

What don't you like? Elaborate please. Sorry for AFK btw
Norweegian:
I'm changing your name to Marshal Zhukov after watching that video.
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:03 am

In post 85, Enigma wrote:
In post 6, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:Okay guys, let's go!

Before we start, I'll be selfish and establish a self meta ;)

People tend to say I'm scummy because I "hop everywhere and get defensive" all the time. But hopping everywhere is my style :) and what do you expect from someone getting pressured, if it's not to get defensive for his life... If you don't like my style, okay, but fuck off with the scum reads lol.

VOTE: Enigma

Gl hf guys =)
How would you describe your current play right now MM?
My own play? I'd say I'm fishing atm. What I said is is truth worded in a scummy way (especially the part about asking to stop scumreading me lol).

It will be interesting to analyze my train later. If you guys ACTUALLY lynch me (in which case, :facepalm: to you), please do that analysis.
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:04 am

In post 86, Oath wrote:I feel like I should vote
...lol. @Oath, what are your reads? What is your read on me and my posts, specifically?
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:07 am

Someone please give an award to RC who got N_M to post serious stuff. That seriously deserves a medal. @N_M, reads yet? What do you think about me?

I am asking this question to everyone btw. Please answer.
Norweegian:
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:53 am

Post by Rei »

It looks like a frantic scum who’s trying to fix a slip, it might be just a townie who can’t express themselves but I don’t like how you said “unless its a double edged question...”

Also this is about your recent posts but why are you asking everyone what they think of you? How is that going to help you scum hunt
It kinda seems like a scum trying to see what people think of them but honestly I think town should be more motivated to ask about people’s reads on eachother rather than people’s reads on them
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:54 am

In post 104, Rei wrote:It looks like a frantic scum who’s trying to fix a slip, it might be just a townie who can’t express themselves but I don’t like how you said “unless its a double edged question...”

Also this is about your recent posts but why are you asking everyone what they think of you? How is that going to help you scum hunt
It kinda seems like a scum trying to see what people think of them but honestly I think town should be more motivated to ask about people’s reads on eachother rather than people’s reads on them
A frantic scum who's trying to fix a slip he intentionally made in the first post of the game, appearing scummy intentionally? :shifty:

Because I look at how people react to my posts. As I said, I'm fishing. Waiting for people to potentially slip something is long, and can simply never happen. However, if I make intentionally scummy reads, I make myself LHF and see how people read. Don't worry, the reads on eachother will come :)

When everyone, or a lot of people, will have answered, I will make my list of reads.

P.S. the reason I'm doing that is that if scum try to get me down, I get my Vengekill... and murder one of them.
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:54 am

Oh yeah. @Ank, is this the LyLo variant or not? (in other words, does lynched town at LyLo get a Vengekill?)
Norweegian:
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:18 am

Post by Rei »

In post 105, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 104, Rei wrote:It looks like a frantic scum who’s trying to fix a slip, it might be just a townie who can’t express themselves but I don’t like how you said “unless its a double edged question...”

A frantic scum who's trying to fix a slip he intentionally made in the first post of the game, appearing scummy intentionally? :shifty:

Because I look at how people react to my posts. As I said, I'm fishing. Waiting for people to potentially slip something is long, and can simply never happen. However, if I make intentionally scummy reads, I make myself LHF and see how people read. Don't worry, the reads on eachother will come :)

When everyone, or a lot of people, will have answered, I will make my list of reads.

P.S. the reason I'm doing that is that if scum try to get me down, I get my Vengekill... and murder one of them.
I didn’t say you’re making yourself appear scummy intentionally though, it isn’t necessarily intentional. If you’re saying you did it “intentionally “ then it’s a matter of whether we buy that or not.

Um okay, I still don’t get how “intentionally acting scummy” helps anyone, if you’re a townie who’s being scummy on purpose then that just doesn’t help town, it confuses them more, thats not fishing.

It’s also not fishing when you ask people what they think of you, it would be more effective if the read came from them spontaneously because then we’d see who they push for/against, not just place a read because Marshmallow was asking everyone what they thought of him.

What are you fishing for exactly? A scum read on you? A town read on you? I doubt that helps anyone identify the evils especially after you admit you’re intentionally acting scummy.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:26 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 106, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:Oh yeah. @Ank, is this the LyLo variant or not? (in other words, does lynched town at LyLo get a Vengekill?)
**This is NOT the LyLo variant, which means town still gets a vengekill if they get lynched in LyLo.**
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Rei »

I would’ve believed that reasoning a bit more if you had said it after you got those reactions you supposedly wanted but you telling us now that you’re fishing for reactions... do you think you’re getting anything important after telling everyone your intention
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:09 am

Post by Enigma »

UNVOTE: Marshmallow
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:38 am

In post 107, Rei wrote:
In post 105, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:

I didn’t say you’re making yourself appear scummy intentionally though, it isn’t necessarily intentional. If you’re saying you did it “intentionally “ then it’s a matter of whether we buy that or not.

Um okay, I still don’t get how “intentionally acting scummy” helps anyone, if you’re a townie who’s being scummy on purpose then that just doesn’t help town, it confuses them more, thats not fishing.

It’s also not fishing when you ask people what they think of you, it would be more effective if the read came from them spontaneously because then we’d see who they push for/against, not just place a read because Marshmallow was asking everyone what they thought of him.

What are you fishing for exactly? A scum read on you? A town read on you? I doubt that helps anyone identify the evils especially after you admit you’re intentionally acting scummy.
Hm, granted. But I maintain that point. Why the fuck would I do that as scum lol.

No? Acting scummy starts the discussion pretty well because people start giving reads, thoughts and all on you INSTANTLY, and it skips the useless "throw shit on the wall and see what sticks" phase, because apparently that phase is not much used on here.

The more we discuss it, the less it is useful.... so I will plead the Fifth Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America on that one.

Idem. I will comment that later.
Norweegian:
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:17 am

Post by Almost50 »

GDI RIP VCA LOL

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:08 am

In post 112, Almost50 wrote:GDI RIP VCA LOL
:roll:
Norweegian:
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:10 am

Post by Enigma »

Whoops did i break something?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 114, Enigma wrote:Whoops did i break something?
Nope. It doesn't have to do with you in particular (check the next post for details)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:26 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 113, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
I came in expecting to see wagons, votes and unvotes... and instead I saw an unvote that brought all wagons to just one vote. Now, regardless of who gets lynched next and/or what their alignment is, at this point all VC analysis is IMPOSSIBLE, because there are no wagons to begin with. VCA is an essential tool in my scum hunting, and it's rendered useless already.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:31 am

Post by Almost50 »

Notice that this is plurality. If nobody votes till the deadline MM gets lynched. Now what am I supposed to deduce from that? If he flips scum then I'm obviously confirmed a townie, but I very much doubt scum would let their buddy get lynched with just one vote on them, so if the day ends like this I'd be betting money on MM flipping town.

Now comes the WIFOM part: Is this what "they" want me to think? What if I unvote and someone else gets lynched and they flip town? What of MM flips red later on after my unvote? What if... (fill in as many crazy assumptions as you will)

Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:19 am

In post 116, Almost50 wrote:
In post 113, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
I came in expecting to see wagons, votes and unvotes... and instead I saw an unvote that brought all wagons to just one vote. Now, regardless of who gets lynched next and/or what their alignment is, at this point all VC analysis is IMPOSSIBLE, because there are no wagons to begin with. VCA is an essential tool in my scum hunting, and it's rendered useless already.
Oh, Vote Count Analysis. Sorry, I thought you just wanted to type 3 letter "words"...
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:24 am

In post 117, Almost50 wrote:Notice that this is plurality. If nobody votes till the deadline MM gets lynched. Now what am I supposed to deduce from that? If he flips scum then I'm obviously confirmed a townie, but I very much doubt scum would let their buddy get lynched with just one vote on them, so if the day ends like this I'd be betting money on MM flipping town.

Now comes the WIFOM part: Is this what "they" want me to think? What if I unvote and someone else gets lynched and they flip town? What of MM flips red later on after my unvote? What if... (fill in as many crazy assumptions as you will)
The fate of the world... is in your hands.
Norweegian:
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:42 am

Post by Enigma »

VOTE: Not_Mafia
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:45 am

Post by Enigma »

The next trains should be Oath and Iceman.

Though one quick question here though
In post 91, RadiantCowbells wrote:k at this point can we agree that nm and iceman are ISPing and that something should be done about it?
Why omit Oath from here? He's posted just as little.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:46 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Slightly better feels.about her two posts than anything from the others
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:12 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 49, Oath wrote:Hmmmmm sup guys
In post 86, Oath wrote:I feel like I should vote
In post 122, RadiantCowbells wrote:Slightly better feels.about her two posts than anything from the others
:eek: :eek: :eek:
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:13 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

/shrug

I personally like oath, maybe that biases me.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.

Return to “Completed Open Games”