Open 726 - Revenge of the Vengeful (Endgame)

IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:44 am

Post by IcemanCh »

N_M and Oath are both pretty equal in my mind. I'll put him at L-1.

VOTE: N_M

We"ve asked them both for input/contribution and got nothing.

I can't see anything town when there is a complete lack of content. Although it is an odd scum play to be honest....
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:47 am

Post by Marshmallow Marshall »

On my homesite, we have a similar guy... He's nice, but horribly rude and useless in-game when he's town. He only wants to survive, but doesn't help town. Maybe there's a similar thing with these two... N_M ACTUALLY said something about the game. And the guy on my site only contributes minimally when he's scum :P it's why I started suspecting N_M.
Norweegian:
I'm changing your name to Marshal Zhukov after watching that video.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:49 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

the point of his play is to get the venge off on me and you're enabling it by not lynching someone else and having them venge him.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:50 am

In post 227, RadiantCowbells wrote:the point of his play is to get the venge off on me and you're enabling it by not lynching someone else and having them venge him.
What makes you think that? I don't see the train of thoughts behind this statement.
Norweegian:
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:32 am

Post by Rei »

In post 156, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 140, RadiantCowbells wrote:we're using the full 14 days though
Why is it a given that we need to use the full 14 days? Gives scum more time to create distractions.
But it also gives town more time to strategize and talk through the lynch.
The more info we get in this day phase the more helpful it will be later when we see who pushed for who and stuff like that.
In post 157, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 137, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 135, TrinityNZ wrote:Marshmallow I can’t read most of those colours.

Also why would you wish someone a crappy birthday?!
It means happy birthday... lol..... also GET A CORRECT COMPUTER FOR GOD'S SAKE! Colors are there for understanding the order of reads and having the color associated to the read of every player I put there so you can just look at it quick and know what I think. I've never seen anyone tell me I was too clear with my colors... ;)
Ok, even though you’re pretty rude, I ‘m town reading you. If you were mafia I don’t think you’d be this rude. I also don’t think you would be putting so much effort in to your reads (even though i can’t read most of them because of the colours).
You'd be surprised but rudeness isn't a reason to think someone is scum or town imo
In post 181, IcemanCh wrote:
In post 77, Rei wrote:
In post 56, IcemanCh wrote:Hey guyz. Checking in. I'm currently driving straight from Utah to.South Carolina with no stops...... so I'm a bit tired.

With that being said I think I might be able to slightly clear the clouds from my head.

I'm torn. I want to vote RC cause he's a turd but I also want to vote Trinity cause I just done playing a game with them and it seems like a good idea..... what to do.

VOTE: RC
Can you clarify the trinity part? Why does it seem like a good idea?
And what made you go with RC over trinity afterall
It was an RVS vote and opener. I've played with trinity in the past and was just saying HI I SEE YOU. Same thing with RC but, that game was a toxic drama fest so.... I called him a turd and voted him.

Why does it strike you as odd that I would post this? Seems a weird thing to latch on to but, several people did.
The way you worded it made me think it was more than RVS, also you mentioned them both but decided to vote trinity so I just wanted to know why you picked him over her
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:32 am

Post by Rei »

I'm leaning town on RC, I agree with a lot of what he's saying and some of it is actully helpful to town so if he's scum I'll be majorly impressed
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:34 am

Post by Rei »

btw i still think you're scum Mr. Marshmallow
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:39 am

Post by Rei »

In post 222, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
Spoiler: fat quote
In post 214, RadiantCowbells wrote:okay so NM/MM is two scum
In post 28, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 13, Enigma wrote:
In post 11, RadiantCowbells wrote:Pretty sure keerigan is town

Why did you vote him enigma
Because his first post is to set up a defence for when he gets accused later in game :roll:
tbh woulda done it regardless of his RV :giggle:

"but guayyys im behaving scummy not because im scum but but but because its how i always play"

How are you so sure he is town already from just one post?
In post 15, Enigma wrote:he's only played a few games, have a look at his flips?
VOTE: Not_Mafia
0 mention of NM, then votes him. RVS, sure, but high equity to be a SvS interaction. He never addresses it again.

[quote\]However, the fact that he searched for me is quite townish... but again, we must not read for activity
This is pretty fucking strange: why would I have bothered to search for him. This isn't a question of reading for activity, it's a question of the fact that it's something I have literally no motivation to do as scum besides to fake my towngame.
writing it off as activity is scum handwaving a reason to townread me.
In post 46, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 45, Rei wrote:Her vote on NM seems a bit empty
I don't see her posting anything else either
trying to get her to engage more I guess
N_M neither though ^^
next mention of N_M and it implies that NM is empty and not engaging but makes no effort to follow it up
Wait, no. It doesn't because you did not even refer to what you meant. Unless you intentionally made a double edged question... :eek:
this is still ick
Why I townread RC but wonder if he didn't try to buddy me? Because he's right, but he saw only a half of the post (As did Enigma, but I do not believe it has a strong scum use). He said it looked like genuine anger, and he's right, because it took a long long time on my homesite for people to accept my style, even as town. However, I worded that in a so scummy way that I thought he would at least MENTION it was scummy. Idk, I'm not saying he should've scumread me for it, but maybe... express an healthy amount of suspicion towards a genuine-scummy post? I still townread him though.
this is again awful
if he thinks that he was genuinely scummy and that I called him scum regardless then he should have a problem with that. lack of healthy amount of suspicion towards a genuinely scummy post is something you should be worried about it
this is again another part where the way he talks about his read on me should be a scumread but he ends up saying that he townreads me in spite of it

NM comes in, continues to do absolutely nothing
Someone please give an award to RC who got N_M to post serious stuff. That seriously deserves a medal. @N_M, reads yet? What do you think about me?

I am asking this question to everyone btw. Please answer.
this is a really bad post, way he singles out nm feels kind of bad but the extending it to everyone gives definite gut vibes that he's trying to not make NM look different in his ISO from other people

also really the whole 'I was intentionally scummy' makes a lot more sense as scum who just thinks that they were scummy and is repeatedly trying to make an excuse for it than as town who was intentionally acting scummy for reasons that make no sense

Not_Mafia. He's not different from the games I've played with him, and he was town in every of them. Slight slight slight townish lean.
townread on NM is cmoplete garbage.
In post 141, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:In post 139, Not_Mafia wrote:
Snore
Care to defend yourself?
weird post

+

why is he asking someone that he supposedly townreads to defend themselves?
Tbh, I agree with you... Since scum have a perma chat, they can plan during day. It's not like normal setups where D1 is the 14 first days where scum don't have any coordination.
I think the odds of him actually making this post as town are super super low, I don't think newbies generally think a lot about hwether scum have daychat or not
In post 167, Not_Mafia wrote:You can't leash someone when there's no consequences to them not following through with the plan
In post 168, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:I agree with N_M
again the setting up venge chains order is super, super, super protown and increases town equity a ridiculous amount
who are the two people in this game who try to discourage us from setting up venge chains so that we can prevent scum from getting nightkills? these two.
In post 182, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:Tomorrow I'll explain y'all the reasons of my strategy. If you're town, you should probably convince us you are. And if you're scum, you should try to lie!
I can't put anything to this that anyone would understand but I think this post is extremely scum indicative
In post 184, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
You read N_M in the same way that you read Almost50?? :?: :shifty: :?:
what's with the focus on the NM read? Why does NM come up so disproporitonately often for someone who is barely in the game
In post 193, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:Right now, I have doubts on N_M. He actually contributed, which is against his town meta... I've never seen him play scum, but does someone know if he acts more contributive as town or scum, or if it's NAI?
and again another terribly svs interaction: his rationale is basically that NM is scummy because they actually posted but instead of following up on that he immediately goes to other people to try to get them to dissuade him
Well, half of N_M's posts were about ISP term, but he actually expressed a legitimate concern about leashing vengekills, which is 100% right. He doesn't feel like the previous games I played with him. Unless it's because I'm town now o.0
yeah ok
In post 200, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 195, IcemanCh wrote:VOTE: Oath

If we are not using any strategy to votes/veng kills then I think we need to put pressure on Oath. Only three posts and zero content.

@Oath what are your reads? What do you think of the current game state?
I agree. VOTE: Oath Btw you have gained town points for your stream of posts. I'll post another list of reads tomorrow... with simple colors :D
In post 201, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 196, RadiantCowbells wrote:Why oath over NM?
Why N_M over Oath? Why this post?? Potential association here (not meaning I don't townread you)
votes the counterwagon to NM despite having just claimed NM as a scumread then tries to call me out for me asking him why he voted oath instead of answering

:shifty: :roll: :shifty: :roll: :shifty: :roll: :shifty: :dead:

Tunneling D1 is bad... I'm in for a N_M lynch, and honestly townread you. But this is utter BULLSHIT lol. My point still stands. We should not lynch the #########scummiest player. Just lynch the guy you scumread the most and say who you think that player could be teamed with. The lynched player will then vengekill the supposed teammate. That does not affect the lynch process effectivness while giving us a small buff.

I believe Trinity could be scum with N_M. Maybe Iceman, Oath. A50 too.
[/quote]

Wait I get why you may suspect trinity or iceman but weren't you townreading A50?
If i remember correctly I was more suspicious to you than A50 too, so why dont you think i could be with NM?

LIST OF READS - MARSHMALLOW MARSHALL

Town

Enigma. Reacted to my opening as I expected a townie to do. That, + the meta search.
Almost50. He tries to detail his thoughts as much as possible. I get a transparent feeling from him. He keeps a doubt at everything, has the healthy suspicion of a townie.

RadiantCowbells. He searched for me, but I wonder if he tried to buddy me or not. I get a town vibe from that slot, but with a slight forced vibe to it. Townish.

Not_Mafia. He's not different from the games I've played with him, and he was town in every of them. Slight slight slight townish lean.

Null - All the players I did not name, because of AFK or lack of contribution.

Trinity. The posts he/she made were quite null, and nothing could be extracted of them. They were devoid of life, I'd say. Cautious? Also CRAPPY BIRTHDAI TO YOU :)
Snowman. His first and only post stroke me as scummy, and he did not post anything else since then. Scummish lean.

Mafiascum
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:40 am

Post by Rei »

OMG WHY DID IT POST LIKE THAT
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:40 am

Post by Rei »

What I was trying to ask @Marshmallow

I get why you may suspect trinity or iceman but weren't you townreading A50?
If i remember correctly I was more suspicious to you than A50 too, so why dont you think i could be with NM?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:42 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 228, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 227, RadiantCowbells wrote:the point of his play is to get the venge off on me and you're enabling it by not lynching someone else and having them venge him.
What makes you think that? I don't see the train of thoughts behind this statement.
NM is doing nothing to make sur he gets the vengekill and then gets to remove me r om the game and play 2v5
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:50 am

In post 229, Rei wrote:
In post 156, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 140, RadiantCowbells wrote:we're using the full 14 days though
Why is it a given that we need to use the full 14 days? Gives scum more time to create distractions.
But it also gives town more time to strategize and talk through the lynch.
The more info we get in this day phase the more helpful it will be later when we see who pushed for who and stuff like that.
In post 157, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 137, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 135, TrinityNZ wrote:Marshmallow I can’t read most of those colours.

Also why would you wish someone a crappy birthday?!
It means happy birthday... lol..... also GET A CORRECT COMPUTER FOR GOD'S SAKE! Colors are there for understanding the order of reads and having the color associated to the read of every player I put there so you can just look at it quick and know what I think. I've never seen anyone tell me I was too clear with my colors... ;)
Ok, even though you’re pretty rude, I ‘m town reading you. If you were mafia I don’t think you’d be this rude. I also don’t think you would be putting so much effort in to your reads (even though i can’t read most of them because of the colours).
You'd be surprised but rudeness isn't a reason to think someone is scum or town imo
In post 181, IcemanCh wrote:
In post 77, Rei wrote:
In post 56, IcemanCh wrote:Hey guyz. Checking in. I'm currently driving straight from Utah to.South Carolina with no stops...... so I'm a bit tired.

With that being said I think I might be able to slightly clear the clouds from my head.

I'm torn. I want to vote RC cause he's a turd but I also want to vote Trinity cause I just done playing a game with them and it seems like a good idea..... what to do.

VOTE: RC
Can you clarify the trinity part? Why does it seem like a good idea?
And what made you go with RC over trinity afterall
It was an RVS vote and opener. I've played with trinity in the past and was just saying HI I SEE YOU. Same thing with RC but, that game was a toxic drama fest so.... I called him a turd and voted him.

Why does it strike you as odd that I would post this? Seems a weird thing to latch on to but, several people did.
The way you worded it made me think it was more than RVS, also you mentioned them both but decided to vote trinity so I just wanted to know why you picked him over her
Info =/= day lenght. However, I expected the game to go faster than that. I retract my support to a midday lynch for this reason.

I wasn't even trying to be rude, so whatever you think about it see it as NAI :P Trinity was rude with my colors though =(

I agree with the last statement. However, his last posts come off as town to me.
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:51 am

In post 231, Rei wrote:btw i still think you're scum Mr. Marshmallow
Then you're wrong ^^ I'm not able to form a read on you correctly yet. And it annoys me.
Norweegian:
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:54 am

Post by Rei »

Midday lynch isn't bad when everyone has said all they have, but on d1 especially i kinda prefer full day
especially a slow game game like this

Also even if you can't read me, I'd think you would sus me more over a townread of yours?
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:55 am

In post 234, Rei wrote:What I was trying to ask @Marshmallow

I get why you may suspect trinity or iceman but weren't you townreading A50?
Lol that post :P

I
was
. I believe he just ran away with the townread. COME BACK A50!
Spoiler: COME BACK!!!!

As I just said, I don't know how to read you. And I admit I had cough cough forgot cough that you exist.... :facepalm: you could very well be paired with N_M.
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:56 am

Fail...
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:57 am

In post 235, RadiantCowbells wrote:
NM is doing nothing to make sur he gets the vengekill and then gets to remove me r om the game and play 2v5
He NEVER does anything. Plus, I don't see the scum benefit of that. Actually... VOTE: Rei I believe there should at least be 1 pressure vote on that slot. I'm not going to lynch N_M for this exact reason: his play makes no sense as scum.
Norweegian:
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:59 am

Post by Oath »

In post 241, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
He NEVER does anything. Plus, I don't see the scum benefit of that. Actually... VOTE: Rei I believe there should at least be 1 pressure vote on that slot. I'm not going to lynch N_M for this exact reason: his play makes no sense as scum.
So what's my vote? CHOPPED LIVER?!
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:59 am

In post 238, Rei wrote:Midday lynch isn't bad when everyone has said all they have, but on d1 especially i kinda prefer full day
especially a slow game game like this

Also even if you can't read me, I'd think you would sus me more over a townread of yours?
Reads are not stuck there. My reads change a lot, and if someone stops posting when he got a town read from the general consensus, his townread will decay.
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:00 am

In post 242, Oath wrote:
No offense meant to you, you seem nice... but YES, EXACTLY. Your vote means absolutely nothing because your slot means absolutely nothing atm. Contribute. EXIST WITH US!
Norweegian:
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:03 am

Post by Oath »

In post 244, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 242, Oath wrote:
No offense meant to you, you seem nice... but YES, EXACTLY. Your vote means absolutely nothing because your slot means absolutely nothing atm. Contribute. EXIST WITH US!
You sound like my mother
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:03 am

Post by Oath »

I'll consider it.
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:20 am

Post by Rei »

dude... when RC says you're partners with NM you vote NM
And when I suspect you for not suspecting me you vote me

I'm sorry but you're looking extremely forced to me atm

Also about NM, if he's really mafia who wants to get the vengkill then thats exactly what he would be doing: nothing
I kinda disagree that NM never does anything, it's true he doesn't talk much but when he's town his few reads are actually on point, he's quite sharp
Someone told me that NM is read from his votes and suses, so I think we'll be more sure about him once we get some flips, but I'm kinda with RC on not lynching him now
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:25 am

In post 247, Rei wrote:

dude... when RC says you're partners with NM you vote NM
And when I suspect you for not suspecting me you vote me

I'm sorry but you're looking extremely forced to me atm

Also about NM, if he's really mafia who wants to get the vengkill then thats exactly what he would be doing: nothing
I kinda disagree that NM never does anything, it's true he doesn't talk much but when he's town his few reads are actually on point, he's quite sharp
Someone told me that NM is read from his votes and suses, so I think we'll be more sure about him once we get some flips, but I'm kinda with RC on not lynching him now
Nice, I'm naturally forced :good:
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:26 am

Also, noted about N_M. I'm not going to lynch him because the play doesn't make sense as scum, I said.
Norweegian:

Return to “Completed Open Games”