Open 726 - Revenge of the Vengeful (Endgame)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 25, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #525  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:40 pm

In post 522, Rei wrote:Wasnt i your top townie???? why am i suddenly the sum lean??????
Especially when i was the one who sused iceman first wth

you know what
you got it
VOTE: Marshmallow marshal

I refuse to believe this type of play is a townie
there's just no way in my mind
And if you're both gonna kill me if you flip town, then honestly to hell with it

if you both wanna lynch me too then go ahead, but dont blame me if i venge wrong because you guys wont consider all possiblities

And by this vote, I shall decide who wins... May the Father of Wisdom guide my steps. VOTE: Marshmallow Marshall If I fail, I apologize. Thank you for your "trust", Rei. :]
-From somebody else in a universe far, far away... "Look at what you have caused. Now it seems that everyone is confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions."

Rei
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 06, 2018
Location: With my cousin Boris the alpaca
Pronoun: She

Post Post #526  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:40 pm

In post 523, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 517, Rei wrote:Actually A50, I hugely disagree
MM rn sounds like the "idealistic townie"
"You can lynch me guys! I'll just kill my scum lean and we'll win and everything will be fluff and rainbows!"

Thats not realistic. Yes I suspect MM but am I 100% sure of him? No I'm not. Just because I'm not sure of my read doesn't make me scum, it makes me a realistic townie.
And don't act like you wouldn't want the same because if your scum lean flips town you'd want them to kill the other person not you if you know you're town.

Let's stop acting like some angels because that is the truth, and if I was scum I definitely wouldn't mention that knowing how it would ake me look.

Also I'll give you a tip, coming from a shit scum but a good town player. When you're talking about what you do as town, limit your "if"s and when you're talking about scum, put your "if"s when you can. This, whatever your alignment is. You tend to say "if" when you're talking about town more than about scum. This is, obviously, not the only reason I scum read you, but it makes me more confident.

Also, it's not because my play was unusual that you get a free pass to insult me and talk as if I was a noob or w/e.


I am in no way insulting you so i'm sorry if it came off that way
But i simply find this too flipfloppy to be a towny, its not because i think you're horrible or anything like that
like i said i will case you so i'll explain in details why

And once again I disagree. I think scum are much more confident in who is town than town themselves. Scum know the alignment of everyone, while town don't, so its makes much more sense for town to be hesitant about who to lynch or kill than scum.

Rei
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 06, 2018
Location: With my cousin Boris the alpaca
Pronoun: She

Post Post #527  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:41 pm

i guess there goes my case welp

Rei
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 06, 2018
Location: With my cousin Boris the alpaca
Pronoun: She

Post Post #528  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:47 pm

we just lost didnt we

Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 25, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #529  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:58 pm

In post 526, Rei wrote:
In post 523, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 517, Rei wrote:Actually A50, I hugely disagree
MM rn sounds like the "idealistic townie"
"You can lynch me guys! I'll just kill my scum lean and we'll win and everything will be fluff and rainbows!"

Thats not realistic. Yes I suspect MM but am I 100% sure of him? No I'm not. Just because I'm not sure of my read doesn't make me scum, it makes me a realistic townie.
And don't act like you wouldn't want the same because if your scum lean flips town you'd want them to kill the other person not you if you know you're town.

Let's stop acting like some angels because that is the truth, and if I was scum I definitely wouldn't mention that knowing how it would ake me look.

Also I'll give you a tip, coming from a shit scum but a good town player. When you're talking about what you do as town, limit your "if"s and when you're talking about scum, put your "if"s when you can. This, whatever your alignment is. You tend to say "if" when you're talking about town more than about scum. This is, obviously, not the only reason I scum read you, but it makes me more confident.

Also, it's not because my play was unusual that you get a free pass to insult me and talk as if I was a noob or w/e.


I am in no way insulting you so i'm sorry if it came off that way
But i simply find this too flipfloppy to be a towny, its not because i think you're horrible or anything like that
like i said i will case you so i'll explain in details why

And once again I disagree. I think scum are much more confident in who is town than town themselves. Scum know the alignment of everyone, while town don't, so its makes much more sense for town to be hesitant about who to lynch or kill than scum.

Yes, I agree on the 2nd paragraph. Also, sorry if I misunderstood you, english is not my first language ^^ sadly I don't think French FM sites exists.
-From somebody else in a universe far, far away... "Look at what you have caused. Now it seems that everyone is confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions."

Rei
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 06, 2018
Location: With my cousin Boris the alpaca
Pronoun: She

Post Post #530  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:09 pm

s'alright
english isnt my first language either

Almost50
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 13, 2015
Location: Right here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #531  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:43 pm

GDI! This is exactly why I didn't want to make it to this point. N_M was my only confident read, and here I am unable to decipher the clues that I'm getting from both of you.

Rei's reaction(s) feel genuine to me. MM's proposal looks townie to me. But I know one of you is scum, so whoever it is.. well played indeed.

That doesn't help me much though, so I'm going to use the oldest trick in the book here:

VOTE: Rei

@MM: If you're Town the game should end now. If you're some crazy daring scum who did all this to convince me, I believe you lost the bet bc Rei is likely venging you, and rightfully so. This doesn't take away any credit from you, but the fact is either you or him is scum and I just don't know which one it is, so I'm daring you to vote him to prove he is the scum of the two of you.
Records: W/L
Town: 23/19, Mafia: 5/4, 3P: 1/1
Modded 2 Normals & 2 Themed games successfully.

Almost50
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 13, 2015
Location: Right here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #532  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:45 pm

In post 528, Rei wrote:we just lost didnt we


Depend on whom you refer to by "we". It also depends on how MM wants to play this. Let's wait and see, but I'm like 99% confident town will win it now.
Records: W/L
Town: 23/19, Mafia: 5/4, 3P: 1/1
Modded 2 Normals & 2 Themed games successfully.

Almost50
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 13, 2015
Location: Right here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #533  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:48 pm

Btw, I do agree with Rei that MM self-vote could come from a very daring scumster. I didn't think it over at first, but why would a townie self-vote even if they're 99% confident they will venge the scum when they can simply lynch the scum and win 100%?
Records: W/L
Town: 23/19, Mafia: 5/4, 3P: 1/1
Modded 2 Normals & 2 Themed games successfully.

Almost50
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 13, 2015
Location: Right here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #534  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:49 pm

In post 530, Rei wrote:s'alright
english isnt my first language either


That makes 3 of us! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Records: W/L
Town: 23/19, Mafia: 5/4, 3P: 1/1
Modded 2 Normals & 2 Themed games successfully.

Almost50
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 13, 2015
Location: Right here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #535  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:54 pm

Also, well played Ice! If you had venged either of them I would have lynched the other w/o hesitation, and if you had venged me N_M would have solved the game.
Records: W/L
Town: 23/19, Mafia: 5/4, 3P: 1/1
Modded 2 Normals & 2 Themed games successfully.

Rei
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 06, 2018
Location: With my cousin Boris the alpaca
Pronoun: She

Post Post #536  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:03 pm

why would mm vote himself to convince you
its game over for him if he's scum especially when we already reached majo

Rei
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 06, 2018
Location: With my cousin Boris the alpaca
Pronoun: She

Post Post #537  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:04 pm

its pretty obvious to me who is who now but what i say wont change anything so its up to mm now
either way gg guys

Almost50
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 13, 2015
Location: Right here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #538  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:06 pm

In post 536, Rei wrote:why would mm vote himself to convince you
its game over for him if he's scum especially when we already reached majo


Not himself. He is voting himself already. But let;s just wait to see how he responds before I explain.
Records: W/L
Town: 23/19, Mafia: 5/4, 3P: 1/1
Modded 2 Normals & 2 Themed games successfully.

Rei
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 06, 2018
Location: With my cousin Boris the alpaca
Pronoun: She

Post Post #539  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:16 pm

uh he cant unvote tho if we lynched already majo right
or do i have it wrong?

Rei
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 06, 2018
Location: With my cousin Boris the alpaca
Pronoun: She

Post Post #540  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:18 pm

i am so confused at this point

Almost50
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 13, 2015
Location: Right here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #541  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:32 pm

In post 539, Rei wrote:uh he cant unvote tho if we lynched already majo right
or do i have it wrong?


Wait! What?? I didn't even realize MM hammered himself. I though he was voting himself, I was voting you and you not voting! :facepalm:

*Sigh* The thing is I wanted him to lynch you if he was Town. The challenge for me was to actually vote scum to lynch here rather than win by the venge kill. If he refused to vote you it would have confirmed him as the scum of the two of you, since you seemed pretty adamant on venging him anyway (you convinced me, so well played if you end up winning after all). That was my final test to decide which of you is indeed scum.

So, he lynches you = you're the one. He doesn't = he's the one. But the game is pretty much over now, so I'll wait for the flip to see if town wins already. If not, I'll consider it a loss even if he venges you.
Records: W/L
Town: 23/19, Mafia: 5/4, 3P: 1/1
Modded 2 Normals & 2 Themed games successfully.

Rei
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 06, 2018
Location: With my cousin Boris the alpaca
Pronoun: She

Post Post #542  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:41 pm

why is it a loss even if he venges me
i mean its a loss for me ofc since i know i'm town, but shouldnt you think i'm the scum?
its pretty obvious he's town now even though i disagree with his strategy to win, but no scum would majo himself at this point
he would've lost

Almost50
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: November 13, 2015
Location: Right here.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #543  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:55 pm

In post 542, Rei wrote:why is it a loss even if he venges me


It's a loss bc I would have failed to lynch scum in LyLo still. If you are town, no worries. We won. It was just a hypothetical proposition based on the assumption MM being Town and me voting him.
Records: W/L
Town: 23/19, Mafia: 5/4, 3P: 1/1
Modded 2 Normals & 2 Themed games successfully.

Ankamius
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 09, 2011
Pronoun: She

Post Post #544  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:04 pm

Vote Count 4.2


[2] Marshmallow Marshall - Rei, Marshmallow Marshall [LYNCH]
Almost50 -
Rei -


Not Voting (1): Almost50

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.
Deadline is (expired on 2018-08-12 07:40:00) from now, or August 12th, 7:40 AM CST (GMT-6).

Prodding: N/A
Replacing: N/A
True competence is ensuring your confidence is justified.

"Ank doesn't have bad reads. She's just bad at explaining them." -CheekyTeeky

Ankamius
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 09, 2011
Pronoun: She

Post Post #545  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:05 pm

**Marshmallow Marshall has been lynched.**

Marshmallow Marshall was Town Vengeful.

**Marshmallow Marshall has (expired on 2018-07-31 21:30:00) to submit a vengekill. Day will begin at this time or when I receive a submission.**
True competence is ensuring your confidence is justified.

"Ank doesn't have bad reads. She's just bad at explaining them." -CheekyTeeky

Ankamius
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 09, 2011
Pronoun: She

Post Post #546  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:58 pm

January 11th, 1984

There's three of us left. Myself, the farmer, and the wife of the late mayor.

We've been idling near the crates, wary of letting the others out of our sight and of another attempt at thieving the remaining food. The only sound is the wind, a light foreboding howl only heightening the tension between the three of us. More evidence of thievery had been discovered today, one crate mysteriously missing. A search through all three of our houses did little more than arouse more suspicion in each of us. The thief was clearly smart enough not to link the evidence to themselves so easily.

Finally, a break. The mayor's wife, until then sitting on the edge of the platform where the noose stands, rises to her feet and crosses her arms. She exclaims that she's figured out who the thief is. My heart drops in dread as she fixes her eyes on me and pulls out her gun, fixing it on me. The farmer looks to her in shock for a moment, which turns to raw fear as she then turns the gun over to him.

After a moment, the gun cracks. She falls to her knees in shock as the front of her dress begins shining red. After a moment, another crack of a gun, this time aimed directly at the farmer.

I take a step back and watch the two of them fix each other with eyes full of hatred and malice, each certain that the other was the thief. After several moments, the life fades and I am left alone with two corpses.

Finally, my work is finished. I've managed to take over the town, with the added bonus of the town taking my two accomplices out for me. Finally, I've won.

I went to bed tonight, no longer shaken.
True competence is ensuring your confidence is justified.

"Ank doesn't have bad reads. She's just bad at explaining them." -CheekyTeeky

Ankamius
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 09, 2011
Pronoun: She

Post Post #547  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:00 pm

**Rei has been vengekilled.**

Rei was Town Vengeful.

A win condition has been met.

The mafia, consisting of Almost50, IcemanCh, and RadiantCowbells, have won Open 726, Revenge of the Vengeful.
True competence is ensuring your confidence is justified.

"Ank doesn't have bad reads. She's just bad at explaining them." -CheekyTeeky

RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #548  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:10 pm

ty for carryinhg me a50

sorry i didnt try
Ask yourself, what would Keyser Soze do?

Ankamius
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 09, 2011
Pronoun: She

Post Post #549  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:13 pm

Last edited by Ankamius on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
True competence is ensuring your confidence is justified.

"Ank doesn't have bad reads. She's just bad at explaining them." -CheekyTeeky

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Central Park