Poseidon
Poseidon
Townie
Poseidon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by Poseidon »

In post 33, Inferno390 wrote:Because I find it’s a good way to get out of RVS. Helps me judge interactions and gather info. It hasn’t failed me yet, and I doubt it will start now.
Egg is scum now btw.
VOTE: Egg
In post 53, Inferno390 wrote:Ys, it is very clear that you are trying to paint me as scum for something that is not actually that scummy.
VOTE: A50
As much as I enjoy pancakes with syrup, I don't like flip-floppy OMGUS pancake players
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Inferno
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by BuJaber »

I wouldn't jump to an associative read between inferno/manatee yet.

Inferno are you seriously trying to "conftown" me based on me asking the mod to post the setup spec? It's an open game. It is expected from the mod. I've read the setup when I signed up. I need a refresher regardless. I'll probably read the setup several times during the game. People forget things. It's not AI. Coupled with you only mentioning me as a player you know it's sounds like buddying. But like super obvious buddying. And he seems to be doing it with Eragon too and if Eragon is townie too then I question what scum motivation there is for pushing townreads on 2 townies so early.

I think A50 makes good points but it is the sort of policy case that can easily be pushed by scum. It's based on fact rather than subjective opinion. Very methodical approach (Action A is anti-town. Player B did action A. Therefore Player B is scum). So this push itself should be NAI.

I dislike Manatee's posting the most. Reads awkwardly and feels like trying to keep all his options open. He doesn't seem very committed to one opinion over another.

VOTE: Manatee
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:46 pm

Post by BuJaber »

^^ L-2
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:48 am

Post by Eragon »

Inferno could be pocketing us...

I was thinking that but about him saying “your points are strong, have a TR” but I wasn’t sure if I was just pulling a stupid

Also he could be false associating with you, there are a few players on my homesite that when they flip scum they WK town members for the cred and bad associations.

So are you calling A50 mechanical? And is that the towny, scummy, or neither?? Just asking to see your pinion on A50

Agree on manatee
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:49 am

Post by ManateeDude »

Thinking eragons towny and inferno is weirdy
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:50 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Manatee understands me.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:02 am

Post by Inferno390 »

@BuJ:
I know my read on you sounds super odd.
But your point of people forget things and you need a refresher is exactly my point.
Because scum wouldn’t need those things because the setup is basically explained in their roles.
So I highly doubt that scum would notice or care if the setup spec was missing from the opening posts.
A VT, on the other hand, would have very good reason to forget or need a refresher.
And I highly doubt scum would ask for game spec to get towncred. It takes a special kind of either smart or weird to go down that line of thought. (I’m probably weird lol)
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:07 am

Post by Egg »

I think BuJaber is town, but it's not because he reminded the Mod something was missing in the OP.
Fromage
Fromage
Goon
Fromage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:19 am

Post by Fromage »

In post 83, Egg wrote:I think BuJaber is town, but it's not because he reminded the Mod something was missing in the OP.
Why don't you tell us why you think BuJaber is town? Is it because he doesn't want to get townread for asking about the setup?
Fromage
Fromage
Goon
Fromage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:36 am

Post by Fromage »

A lot of Eragon's posts contain only fluff. (, , ) I don't like it. VOTE: Eragon

FOS: Inferno. I don't like how much time he spends defending himself and how little scumhunting he does.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:39 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 79, Eragon wrote:So are you calling A50 mechanical? And is that the towny, scummy, or neither?? Just asking to see your pinion on A50
Unclear yet. I can't determine his intentions based on just this because like I said it is NAI. When he posts more and we get an idea what his motivation is we'll know if it's genuine or not.
Fromage
Fromage
Goon
Fromage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:40 am

Post by Fromage »

In post 80, ManateeDude wrote:Thinking eragons towny and inferno is weirdy
Could you please elaborate a bit why you think eragon is towny?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:47 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 84, Fromage wrote:
In post 83, Egg wrote:I think BuJaber is town, but it's not because he reminded the Mod something was missing in the OP.
Why don't you tell us why you think BuJaber is town? Is it because he doesn't want to get townread for asking about the setup?
I hesitate to call this a leading question because I can't tell if you yourself would townread that but at the same time the second question messes with the integrity of his answer. It's much better to ask an open ended question and hear their untainted response first then ask any follow ups you may have.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:52 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 85, Fromage wrote:A lot of Eragon's posts contain only fluff. (, , ) I don't like it. VOTE: Eragon

FOS: Inferno. I don't like how much time he spends defending himself and how little scumhunting he does.
Agree on most posts but 54 feels kind townie. What are your thoughts on it?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:54 am

Post by Egg »

In post 84, Fromage wrote:
Basically. It's the way he's handled inferno in general. Just all out attacking the idea. Going after the guy who is calling him confirmed town. It looks like town who sees bad logic and is calling it out. That said, he's voting manatee over inferno so it's not like he's doing anything that would remove inferno from the game, making it a relatively safe town cred play for scum. That's why he's not my strongest town read. It's enough that I don't want to Lynch him today though. You voted Eragon for fluff posting. What do you think of his content posts? Why does the fluff outweigh those?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:03 am

Post by BuJaber »

Egg have you played with inferno before?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:26 am

Post by Almost50 »

@BuJ: Yeah, it started like a mechanical read, but his reaction was doubling down on it rather than acknowledging he made a mistake. IMHO, a townie response was to stop when he said you could be a PR still and say spoke too fast or something. But he went on against odds (and logic) to try and convince me "likely VT" is indeed interchangeable with "likely Town".

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:58 am

Post by Inferno390 »

See, this is where I know A50 is doing a misrep. Because I’m not trying to convince him that VT is interchangeable with likely. What I’m trying to convince him of is that VT means, by extension, likely town. I have not at one point said that likely town means VT. In fact, I have been arguing against it. To say otherwise is twisting my words around to fit the worst possible scenario. Classic straw man.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Fromage
Fromage
Goon
Fromage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:08 am

Post by Fromage »

The content posts are okay. Sometimes Eragon repeats stuff others have said before him. I like how he called inferno "over-exxagerating" () and how he doesn't want to have people at L-1 this early ().
Fromage
Fromage
Goon
Fromage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:09 am

Post by Fromage »

@Inferno: Do you still think egg is scum?
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:19 am

Post by GameNBurger »

Oh yeah egg only played a scum game with me

Manatee I don't think you're very much perceived as a strong town read, so I'm questioning why minimal effort posts sound like a good idea coming from you

I'd like to see more out of poseidon but honestly I guess its really hard to say anything else than whats been said already

Unless you're Fromage that is, to which its a perfect time to spout shady as F criticisms while showing halfhearted support for most popular wagon
Okay maybe its not that suspicious, especially after he clarified but it still seems cherry picky, especially when one of those is a legitimate question from a newer member

I think Inferno is flailing even harder

Okay let me go back and count the votes
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:34 am

Post by GameNBurger »

As for my current thoughts on which person I find scummier, I think I'd be willing to go full in on manatee being scum if Inferno is scum

Although then again his non commitment then turnaround for his inferno vote feels weird regardless

I guess there's only a few scenarios:
1. Both are Scum: Either manatee wanted to soft bus but was called out on it and flip flopped or they were trying to offer inferno soft advice during the day as a scum partner
2. Inferno is Scum, Manatee is Town: It would have to be nerves or some kind of play-style that involves not explaining himself (manatee I mean). I personally detest this play-style. I'll have to check into Manatee's other games to see if he's just like this
3. Inferno Town, Manatee Scum: Why??????????? I don't see manatee's response as something natural, hesitance to vote while also saying behavior is scummy just doesn't add up to me, In this situation i feel like scum would just keep quiet and let town roll itself, not voting on a wagon that hasn't fully formed yet doesn't earn you any points so this situation is either motivated by stupid or is unlikely
4. Both are town: we all lose here. Maximum idiot has been reached. Inferno is just being bad and manatee is letting themselves burn right next to Inferno

I'd like to think and hope 1 is the most likely scenario, but I really need to look into Manatee to see if 2 is a possibility

However, I think Its more solid that Inferno is Scum, so thats where I'm at right now. I'll be back after I do some stuff and look into manatee
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:59 am

Post by GameNBurger »

Okay so for Manatee

These are all finished games i'm talking about obviously so nothing is ongoing

Manatee is scum in 1879 Newb:
He makes posts very similar to this game, where in later days he adds slightly more reasoning to his actions, but he mostly stays out of sight, espescially early on when he replaced in

Manatee is town in micro 813:
Also posts similar to here but notes he is frustrated with the site and even mentions possibly siteflaking, So not sure how to read into this

Manatee is town in open 730:
Posts very similar to this game, but notes it was dumb play and even apologizes

Manatee is town in Newb 1864:
Gets lynched day 1 after subbing in, posts have a bit more reasoning behind them or atleast more content to them, but still ultimately are more reserved

Manatee is Scum in Newb 1868:
Scum partners with Inferno even! Manatee replaces out during day 1 however, and seems to be due to IRL stuff so this whole game is in the null pile for me

Ultimately this playstyle is something he uses but to some degree isn't always happy with? I'm not sure I'm willing to really assess but usually Manatee is better about giving quick reasons for reads as town early on rather than just throwing stuff out there

Theres more stuff from his homesite but i'm far to lazy/busy to delve there
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:05 am

Post by Inferno390 »

@Fromage: No, Egg has had good posts since the initial exchange, and his posts read as natural and scumhunting. I’m leaning town for him.

GameNBurger is making me lol. Not only do I know that I am comfortably within my Town meta in terms of weird play, the fact that he’s 1) making associations this early and 2) lockscureading me for play that is not actually that bad and then using it to build a case around Manatee is terrible and not something I can see coming from town.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Return to “Completed Open Games”