Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 73, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 36, Almost50 wrote:We can -of course- lynch DT, and if he flips Mime we shoot both Fink and Eragon (Mafia will agree to shoot there as they also don't want the Mimes winning).

So,
if DR flips Mime, Town Vig shoots Fink and Mafia shoot Eragon.
Lynching mime helps mime's wincon. so do you really want to lynch a supposed mime first?

i am not sure if i agree with your plan.
My plan is a reaction to someone else's vote on you. Personally I do
not
want to lynch you, and I'm not voting you. However, other people are, and if the lynch goes through I would rather be ready with the night plans in order.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 74, Almost50 wrote:
In post 70, DoubtingThomas wrote:you are telling me that's not pushing a wagon? is pushing a wagon mean something different over here?
Yes. It means starting one and/or motivating players to vote there. I did say you're Mime but I didn't promote your lynch (why lynch a Mime??). However, Fink voted you AFTER that (FA was RVS voting you already), so I reacted by "or we can lynch ST and when he does flip Mime shoot Fink/Eragon.

Then Thor joined the wagon after I said that, and I thought he was alright testing if you were Mime, which implicitly meant he agrees to shoot Fink/Eragon if you do flip Mime.

I am no longer sure what Thor's vote on you was for though, because he seemed confused and probably thought Town could still win with the Mimes (or after them to be accurate). I mean, Town!Thor could still want to lynch the Mime under that assumption, but also Scum!Thor would be happy to lynch/shoot someone not on his team, so the vote is NAI.

uh ok i think you are just playing with words when you are saying you haven't actively pushed for my lynch when you suggested should i be lynched and flip mime, vig should the other two.

i am still not fond of the idea of lynching a mime and somehow being so sure about a certain player being mime and a partner being one of the two you mentioned.

not only do i not see why eragon can even potentially be mime, but i just think we are assuming a hella here with just 3 posts to read.

and to try to lynch a mime is a risky strategy for both town and scum in general.

btw, scums dont know who the mimes are, right?
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 76, Almost50 wrote:
In post 73, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 36, Almost50 wrote:We can -of course- lynch DT, and if he flips Mime we shoot both Fink and Eragon (Mafia will agree to shoot there as they also don't want the Mimes winning).

So,
if DR flips Mime, Town Vig shoots Fink and Mafia shoot Eragon.
Lynching mime helps mime's wincon. so do you really want to lynch a supposed mime first?

i am not sure if i agree with your plan.
My plan is a reaction to someone else's vote on you. Personally I do
not
want to lynch you, and I'm not voting you. However, other people are, and if the lynch goes through I would rather be ready with the night plans in order.
i am going to reevaluate everyone who tried to lynch me while proposing that i am mime. that's pretty weird.

altho this would mean that those proponents are less likely to be mime
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by lane0168 »

It feels like doubting Thomas is actively not trying to understand what happened with a50 and why he was talking about a DTmime flip... Which in itself is annoying at least.

What I don't like is DT essentially saying it's shady? For a50 to push a mime read (which isn't exactly true) but didn't feel as though there's a scum read...

DT, were you leaning scum on a50? ARE you leaning scum on a50? Tell me how you really feel.

VOTE: Thor

You don't have to respond with "I got us out of RVs didn't I?" But I think your questions on the way there were just.... I need to find the words.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:18 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 61, lane0168 wrote:If it's because they didn't vote, wouldn't it only make sense to vote the last one? I'd assume the longer it goes on the more scummy in your eyes. And not exactly sure why sesq
Someone already asked me this - my answer remains the same; burden of proficiency.

Is there something about that answer you don't grok?
In post 58, Thor665 wrote:
In post 53, Thor665 wrote:Because you have an equal scum read to them as someone you are voting - so what's the difference? Is your goal *not* to apply pressure with your vote? What are you doing voting if you need a case?
@Eragon
@Eragon
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:22 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 79, lane0168 wrote:It feels like doubting Thomas is actively not trying to understand what happened with a50 and why he was talking about a DTmime flip... Which in itself is annoying at least.

What I don't like is DT essentially saying it's shady? For a50 to push a mime read (which isn't exactly true) but didn't feel as though there's a scum read...

DT, were you leaning scum on a50? ARE you leaning scum on a50? Tell me how you really feel.

VOTE: Thor

You don't have to respond with "I got us out of RVs didn't I?" But I think your questions on the way there were just.... I need to find the words.
No. No.

I think my highest scum read right now is FA. Mostly for picking out just me out (who, arguably, posted more scummy stuff before) and question a50 for mime reading me and eragon, where as I actually liked Eragon's posts.

Questions to both FA and a50: What was mime-indicative of Eragon?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@DT: Read my posts PLEASE. Eragon and I had a debate about what made me think he might be Mime. He explained his PoV and I explained mine and we came to a semi-agreement that I might be wrong and he might have picked the wrong role to claim as a joke.

I concede -now- that I could see Town!Eragon making that post (his first), so my "Mime read" on him has dropped significantly, but you not reading the thread is alarming to me. It feels as it you're looking for legit stuff to poke to appear townie more than you actually questioning anything genuinely.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 82, Almost50 wrote:@DT: Read my posts PLEASE. Eragon and I had a debate about what made me think he might be Mime. He explained his PoV and I explained mine and we came to a semi-agreement that I might be wrong and he might have picked the wrong role to claim as a joke.

I concede -now- that I could see Town!Eragon making that post (his first), so my "Mime read" on him has dropped significantly, but you not reading the thread is alarming to me. It feels as it you're looking for legit stuff to poke to appear townie more than you actually questioning anything genuinely.
so you think scum!DoubtingThomas is not really reading the thread but at the same time trying to poke around to appear townie, despite the fact that me poking at stuff that is apparently easily understandable by just reading your thread would probably make me look worse?

i think you are trying to accusing me 'poking at the stuff to look townie' doesn't really add up if i dont even pay attention to the post like you are saying. lol
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

Unvote

I fail to see him as mafia-aligned right now.

That being said, the possibility of lynching a mime actually makes me kind of scared to lynch. How viable would no lynch be as an option?
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 68, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 44, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 33, Almost50 wrote:
In post 32, FA_Q2 wrote:Why DT?
SPAM. Not a single game-related word. That's someone who wants to look scummy in order to be lynched.
Hmmmm. At first I thought it was just a triple post. If you are confident that he is a mime, and I like your reasoning, wouldn't lynching him be a bad idea? If you are incorrect about his partner then all it takes is one misslynch to give them the victory.

I don't really follow the reasoning here for pushing a wagon on your mime read...
this is a bad post.

he pinpoints me (instead of eragon)

then backs down immediately, saying he didnt read my posts correctly. then why did you make posts that implied i was rather townier than eragon, or at least made you ask that question while omitting eragon?
I never stated you were townier. What I wanted to know was his reasoning on YOU because I did not see anything to base it on. You did not have the content.

Your case on me requires that you know the reasoning behind a post that I did not give the reasoning for.
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:10 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 85, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 68, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 44, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 33, Almost50 wrote:
In post 32, FA_Q2 wrote:Why DT?
SPAM. Not a single game-related word. That's someone who wants to look scummy in order to be lynched.
Hmmmm. At first I thought it was just a triple post. If you are confident that he is a mime, and I like your reasoning, wouldn't lynching him be a bad idea? If you are incorrect about his partner then all it takes is one misslynch to give them the victory.

I don't really follow the reasoning here for pushing a wagon on your mime read...
this is a bad post.

he pinpoints me (instead of eragon)

then backs down immediately, saying he didnt read my posts correctly. then why did you make posts that implied i was rather townier than eragon, or at least made you ask that question while omitting eragon?
I never stated you were townier. What I wanted to know was his reasoning on YOU because I did not see anything to base it on. You did not have the content.

Your case on me requires that you know the reasoning behind a post that I did not give the reasoning for.
I wasn't exactly trying to make a case out of that.

I was, rather, confused and wondering why none of MY posts pinged you so you wanted to ask him about his reads on me, while ERAGON's posts did ping you (implied) and you didn't have to clarify that one?

Because, I persoanlly think writing 4 line song lyric on the front page 3 different times is... like a wtf moment. so really no reason to question why someone would scum read someone else for that? (imo, even if i am in the receiving end) like yeah, i can also see it could be NAI, and perhaps you think so, so you are asking a50 for clarification.

but once a50 explains the obvious, you immediately back down.

I got the vibe that you just asked the question mindlessly for no reason (perhaps, to look like you are trying to ask questions ==townie) and just accepted his answer because that's what you planned to do. Because Idk what else you expected him to say, i think that kinda read was pretty much a given.

What's weirder is that you didn't inquire the same thing about eragon, even tho, personally, i think her posts were much better than mine.

why did eragon's posts ping you for you to agree with a50's scummish read on him, while my absolutely pointless chain of 3 posts on Ed Sheeran's Happier did not?
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 53, Thor665 wrote:Presuming it's a decent case (to which I actually reply 'meh') why do you oppose the Mime wincon exactly?
I do want to jump on any wagon I support right now, and this is the largest one in current existence and I don't town read him, so why shouldn't I be voting him?
Why I oppose the mime wincon has already been made clear.

If you think the case is meh then do you think it is a better or worse case than 'did not create a wagon with first post?'
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:28 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 86, DoubtingThomas wrote: I wasn't exactly trying to make a case out of that.

I was, rather, confused and wondering why none of MY posts pinged you so you wanted to ask him about his reads on me, while ERAGON's posts did ping you (implied) and you didn't have to clarify that one?

Because, I persoanlly think writing 4 line song lyric on the front page 3 different times is... like a wtf moment. so really no reason to question why someone would scum read someone else for that? (imo, even if i am in the receiving end) like yeah, i can also see it could be NAI, and perhaps you think so, so you are asking a50 for clarification.

It was not that obvious what he was seeing in your posts that led him to think you were a mime.
I got the vibe that you just asked the question mindlessly for no reason (perhaps, to look like you are trying to ask questions ==townie) and just accepted his answer because that's what you planned to do. Because Idk what else you expected him to say, i think that kinda read was pretty much a given.
Or, you know, I cant read his mind and did not see what he was talking about.
What's weirder is that you didn't inquire the same thing about eragon, even tho, personally, i think her posts were much better than mine.

why did eragon's posts ping you for you to agree with a50's scummish read on him, while my absolutely pointless chain of 3 posts on Ed Sheeran's Happier did not?
God man, can you misrepresent more shit in one post?

I was not asking about scum - I was asking about MIME - a fairly rare role and why he thought song lyrics played into that. As far as backing down, what was I backing down from? What claim did I make? Where did I indicate that I had any read on you or eragon at all? I wanted to know what he thought because I had no idea what he was getting at.

I don't see you as town at all - mime is actually a good pin with all your mind reading and misrepresenting what I actually said.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:33 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 84, Lady Angel wrote:
Unvote

That being said, the possibility of lynching a mime actually makes me kind of scared to lynch. How viable would no lynch be as an option?
No lynch, IMHO, is very rarely viable. Even with the pr roles we have I don't see how that would be a good idea at this time. You don't think DT is mafia, what about the rest of us. Anything more than simply slinking away with an unvote?
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:12 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 17, DoubtingThomas wrote:you don't like good music??
the only good music is techno, which does not feature lyrics. Cornered

big brain: we need to start wagons in rvs to push the game along
small brain: its rvs its supposed to be random

>sesq is good scumm

aww thanks :) bad thing im not good town

wrt doubting thomas: just because someone makes a joke post does not mean they want to be lynched. maybe they just want to post music lyrics. nobody is that stupidly obvious with their moves... right? i dont know.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, my Bets are on Thaey are just shit Posting

in general there's a problem where people assume people are so much more stupider than they are. nobody is that stupid .... except for me ;P

idk maybe its just me.... i dont think people are inherently logical! maybe im projecting too much again...(×_×)

dt isnt scum. hes just not thinking very hard

not changing my vote because its real this time
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:41 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 84, Lady Angel wrote:That being said, the possibility of lynching a mime actually makes me kind of scared to lynch. How viable would no lynch be as an option?
The fear of lynching a Mime Day 1 is so tiny it should barely be considered - the only danger comes on a day *after* we lynch a Mime and no Mimes are nightkilled.
Since we're not in that situation I fail to see the issue - can you describe why no lynching is beneficial in catching the Mimes and Mafia? If not - that sort of answers your question for you, yeah?
In post 87, FA_Q2 wrote:If you think the case is meh then do you think it is a better or worse case than 'did not create a wagon with first post?'
I would consider it roughly equivalent.
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:20 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 88, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 86, DoubtingThomas wrote: I wasn't exactly trying to make a case out of that.

It was not that obvious what he was seeing in your posts that led him to think you were a mime.
Or, you know, I cant read his mind and did not see what he was talking about.

God man, can you misrepresent more shit in one post?

I was not asking about scum - I was asking about MIME - a fairly rare role and why he thought song lyrics played into that. As far as backing down, what was I backing down from? What claim did I make? Where did I indicate that I had any read on you or eragon at all? I wanted to know what he thought because I had no idea what he was getting at.

I don't see you as town at all - mime is actually a good pin with all your mind reading and misrepresenting what I actually said.

The question I am asking here is simple

why did you omit Eragon and not me in your question?
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:22 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 90, Sesq wrote: wrt doubting thomas: just because someone makes a joke post does not mean they want to be lynched. maybe they just want to post music lyrics. nobody is that stupidly obvious with their moves... right? i dont know.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, my Bets are on Thaey are just shit Posting

in general there's a problem where people assume people are so much more stupider than they are. nobody is that stupid .... except for me ;P

idk maybe its just me.... i dont think people are inherently logical! maybe im projecting too much again...(×_×)

dt isnt scum. hes just not thinking very hard

not changing my vote because its real this time
Thanks for being the first person to acknowledge that I am not as dumb as a monkey

That being said, why are you sure that I am not scum? Especially if you think my posts are product from someone who is 'not thinking very hard'?
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:12 am

Post by Sesq »

because there is a wide gap between not thinking and being actively scummy

then again;;;;

i have a problem where i just assume everyone is town. and i never feel my votes
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:17 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 80, Thor665 wrote:
In post 61, lane0168 wrote:If it's because they didn't vote, wouldn't it only make sense to vote the last one? I'd assume the longer it goes on the more scummy in your eyes. And not exactly sure why sesq
Someone already asked me this - my answer remains the same; burden of proficiency.

Is there something about that answer you don't grok?
In post 58, Thor665 wrote:
In post 53, Thor665 wrote:Because you have an equal scum read to them as someone you are voting - so what's the difference? Is your goal *not* to apply pressure with your vote? What are you doing voting if you need a case?
@Eragon
@Eragon
Well I don't know what grok is... But burden of proficiency eh? Do we know each other? Have we ever played with each other? Should I know you? I don't know what burden of proficiency has anything to do with it. Explain that.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:23 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 83, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 82, Almost50 wrote:@DT: Read my posts PLEASE. Eragon and I had a debate about what made me think he might be Mime. He explained his PoV and I explained mine and we came to a semi-agreement that I might be wrong and he might have picked the wrong role to claim as a joke.

so you think scum!DoubtingThomas is not really reading the thread but at the same time trying to poke around to appear townie, despite the fact that me poking at stuff that is apparently easily understandable by just reading your thread would probably make me look worse?

i think you are trying to accusing me 'poking at the stuff to look townie' doesn't really add up if i dont even pay attention to the post like you are saying. lol

You have a hard time understanding things. And it's frustrating. And I don't know what to do about that
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:25 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 84, Lady Angel wrote:
Unvote

I don't know this person... But she makes me scared to lynch her... Or obviscum... Can someone help
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:35 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 94, Sesq wrote:because there is a wide gap between not thinking and being actively scummy

then again;;;;

i have a problem where i just assume everyone is town. and i never feel my votes
Sometimes I feel myself
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:42 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Lalendra and lkdkdkdldlllkkk have not picked up their Role PMs. They have approximately 19 hours before I seek replacements. If they return before one is found, they may stay even if it is after that 19 hours.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare

Return to “Completed Open Games”