Open 735: Watchmen Wanted - Game Over!

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Irrelephant11
COTM 2018 Winner
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: These were children who hadn’t yet lost their sense of wonder
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2575  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:41 pm

This is actually maybe my most proud town win
When I realized "hey we were townreading Eragon for being a wagon right along with dunnstral... But town has been extremely accurate this game so we should have just assumed we were doubly right..." it all clicked
This is one of the towniest towns that ever towned and I'm very impressed with our collective effort

Eragon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2576  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:12 pm

Rip

If I had killed irrel I woulda won lmao

I was too worried about watcher and if irrel was watcher or watcher was on irrel

Then I just freaked out in maf chat and killed reundo


Well played town, this was areally fun game(while I was actually playing it)

Irrelephant11
COTM 2018 Winner
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: These were children who hadn’t yet lost their sense of wonder
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2577  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:15 pm

Idk Nauci would have been cleared town and she had Reundo as locktown as much as she had me as locktown, it still would have been a battle
But yes I will take credit for making sure you were the lynch :D
I thought I accidentally made it obvious I wasn't watcher when I told Keyser to claim when we were all still deciding between keyser & reundo
Also the way I was nearly swayed by volxen's D1 watcher claim for like 5 minutes

But I did indeed expect watcher to go on either me or nauci. Well played eragon! You soaked up towncred so subtly for so long, for things that didn't really earn you towncred! lol

Eragon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2578  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:16 pm

In post 2577, Irrelephant11 wrote:Idk Nauci would have been cleared town and she had Reundo as locktown as much as she had me as locktown, it still would have been a battle
But yes I will take credit for making sure you were the lynch :D
I thought I accidentally made it obvious I wasn't watcher when I told Keyser to claim when we were all still deciding between keyser & reundo
Also the way I was nearly swayed by volxen's D1 watcher claim for like 5 minutes

But I did indeed expect watcher to go on either me or nauci. Well played eragon! You soaked up towncred so subtly for so long, for things that didn't really earn you towncred! lol


I know lol

I was wondering how it was so easy to be tiwnread

^_^

Nauci
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 10, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2579  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:51 pm

Oh thank God plurality lynched because I definitely fell asleep with my laptop open some time during rereading day 3

Irrelephant11 MVP again

P.S. Sorry Keyser!

P.P.S. Eragon, well played. In the end I leaned you because of your post about having to kill Volxen day 1 and otherwise was definitely not scum reading you. But I was deeefinitely not scum reading Tora or Irrelephant >.<

Nauci
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 10, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2580  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:52 pm

Seriously though I suck as tpr someone let me roll vanilla town lol

Nauci
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 10, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2581  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:52 pm

You dodged my watchful eye like a pro

volxen
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 10, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2582  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:42 pm

In post 2573, Ausuka wrote:gg! Thanks for modding Flicker! I wonder what happened to volxen and Dunn :o


I've been here all along :). I posted quite a bit in the dead thread, and I've been following the game on and off ever since I died.

Nauci
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 10, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2583  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:43 pm

Well done, Flicker! This was a great game :)

volxen
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 10, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2584  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:51 pm

In post 2576, Eragon wrote:Rip

If I had killed irrel I woulda won lmao

I was too worried about watcher and if irrel was watcher or watcher was on irrel

Then I just freaked out in maf chat and killed reundo


Well played town, this was areally fun game(while I was actually playing it)



That Reundo nightkill was seriously the most shocking thing that happened in this entire game! I mean I knew he was town of course, but I never thought in a million years that you would nightkill him. I thought for sure you were going to leave him alive as the last mislynch. But yeah with the state of the game being what it was, trying to nightkill either Irrelephant or Nauci would have been incredibly risky for you, since they both were highly likely to be watched by the watcher, and you had no way of knowing that Nauci was the watcher.

Did you actually think Reundo was the most likely person to be the watcher, or just that he was the least likely person to be watched given how suspicious everyone was of him?

volxen
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 10, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2585  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:58 pm

@Flicker thanks for modding this game! I had fun being scum here, even though my time in this game was very short. I guess I at least got to play some part in helping to get Keyser mislynched, as people thought my buddying and defending of him was indicative of our interactions being SvS.

Eragon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2586  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:30 pm

In post 2584, volxen wrote:
In post 2576, Eragon wrote:Rip

If I had killed irrel I woulda won lmao

I was too worried about watcher and if irrel was watcher or watcher was on irrel

Then I just freaked out in maf chat and killed reundo


Well played town, this was areally fun game(while I was actually playing it)



That Reundo nightkill was seriously the most shocking thing that happened in this entire game! I mean I knew he was town of course, but I never thought in a million years that you would nightkill him. I thought for sure you were going to leave him alive as the last mislynch. But yeah with the state of the game being what it was, trying to nightkill either Irrelephant or Nauci would have been incredibly risky for you, since they both were highly likely to be watched by the watcher, and you had no way of knowing that Nauci was the watcher.

Did you actually think Reundo was the most likely person to be the watcher, or just that he was the least likely person to be watched given how suspicious everyone was of him?


Mostly least likely to be watched and tbph going into the night I thought people actually were towning reundo, like nauci, and I might have been able to lynch Tora based off the hammer and NSG’s read, but I just got really apathletic, busy, and annoyed at the overall game and just fucked up MyLo

I didn’t think he was ever watcher, I honesty felt irrel was he watcher who was always watching Nauci, or vice versa

So I just played it safe, and in retrospect it ended up bad

northsidegal
no expectations
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2587  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:44 pm

hey, good game all.

In post 2506, Eragon wrote:4. lol-posting is NAI. in Micro 827(granted i was scum) NSG called me out for lol-posting and i got super tilted and pretty much quit on the game because it was so retarded.

not what i was scumreading you for.

RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2588  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:47 pm

Nsg never said that
If you're Macho and someone tries to rolestop you, you never realise you're being targeted for a kill, so your machismo never gets challenged

northsidegal
no expectations
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2589  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:52 pm

good job figuring out it was eragon, guys. i made a pretty big mistake in not following one of my own rules / reminders, that a caught scumteam often tries to stay afloat by pushing eachother down. i wrote eragon off a bit too easily because of that. i should have also put more weight into the fact that a large majority of dunn's ISO was just popping in to defend his scumbuddies, so that pattern should've also pointed to kop looking back. even more, i probably should've just ended up actually looking through kop's history to see if his sentence structure really was meaningful, which i still have yet to actually do.

-shrug-

i feel vaguely alright about how i played this game. i was right on dunnstral. i was wrong on volxen, but i didn't do anything to prevent his lynch from going through. probably the worst thing i could've done was set you guys up for failure by saying not to get endgamed by tor and leading to a loss there. probably the way to avoid that would've been putting more into reading the ducky: while i still think tor and reundo's lynches would've been reasonable given the evidence, ducky's probably could've been avoided if i put more effort in.

northsidegal
no expectations
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2590  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:54 pm

(and given the ducky's lynch not happening, there are three lynches left: enough to lynch reundo, tor and eragon in any order. obviously i could say that do to better i could've just realized who the actual scum was, but that's easier said than done really. just thinking about easy changes i could've made.)

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2591  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:38 pm

Well done guys. :) This was really well fought, congratulations on savagely murdering the right guy in the end.

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2592  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:41 pm

also, very very nice modding Flicker!

Nauci
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 10, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2593  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:33 pm

In post 2575, Irrelephant11 wrote:This is actually maybe my most proud town win
When I realized "hey we were townreading Eragon for being a wagon right along with dunnstral... But town has been extremely accurate this game so we should have just assumed we were doubly right..." it all clicked
This is one of the towniest towns that ever towned and I'm very impressed with our collective effort


<3

Nauci
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 10, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2594  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:34 pm

In post 2576, Eragon wrote:Rip

If I had killed irrel I woulda won lmao

I was too worried about watcher and if irrel was watcher or watcher was on irrel

Then I just freaked out in maf chat and killed reundo


Well played town, this was areally fun game(while I was actually playing it)


There's no way I would have gone after Reundo before you, and I was townreading Tora minus NSG-induced-paranoia lol

Nauci
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 10, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2595  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:35 pm

In post 2585, volxen wrote:@Flicker thanks for modding this game! I had fun being scum here, even though my time in this game was very short. I guess I at least got to play some part in helping to get Keyser mislynched, as people thought my buddying and defending of him was indicative of our interactions being SvS.


Lol I thought it was a crazy gamble on your part

But I thought it was crazy that he didn't react to the buddiest buddying that anybody ever buddied

Nauci
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 10, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2596  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:38 pm

In post 2591, the worst wrote:Well done guys. :) This was really well fought, congratulations on savagely murdering the right guy in the end.


Irrelephant did the stabbing

...I just watched :cool:

Eragon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2597  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:48 pm

Did anyone notice how like 4/5 of my “Never scum” reads ended up in endgame


;3

Eragon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2598  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:49 pm

In post 1231, Eragon wrote:TOWN CORE
-Eragon
-Irrelephant11
-Toranaga
-Nauci
-the worst


Town based on what other people said
-Reundo

PoE Bracket
-Ausuka
-northsidegal
-Keyser Söze
-Dunnstral

Probably the town
-Ausuka

probably the scum(yes i know theres three of them but i could see them all flipping scum, but i know one of them wont, i just dont know which)
-NSG
-keyser soze
-dunnstral


these are all in order of strength from top to bottom.

So Irrelpephant is my strongest TR(other than me)
and TW is my weakest Town circle(still like 90% positive hes town tho)
Reundo is in his own category because i havent seen him do anything at all today and im just going based off what others say
Ausuka is my weakest SR
While Dunn is my strongest, although its very very close between him/keyser/NSG and i am happy to go any way


This was F-4 minus the worst

volxen
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 10, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2599  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:23 pm

In post 2595, Nauci wrote:
In post 2585, volxen wrote:@Flicker thanks for modding this game! I had fun being scum here, even though my time in this game was very short. I guess I at least got to play some part in helping to get Keyser mislynched, as people thought my buddying and defending of him was indicative of our interactions being SvS.


Lol I thought it was a crazy gamble on your part

But I thought it was crazy that he didn't react to the buddiest buddying that anybody ever buddied


lol, when this game started over two months ago, I had only been on the site for 10 days, and I was still playing my first newbie game (as town). So when I got my scum role pm for this game, I was both excited and freaked out, especially since there was no scum daychat and I had never played scum before. I read a lot of different articles on scum play, but one thing that really stuck out to me was the importance of having solid "townreads" as scum. So I settled on Keyser -- he was always going to be my hard "townread", and I would defend him no matter what. As Keyser correctly pointed out to you guys, I used Keyser as a springboard to attack others who either criticized him or scumread him (e.g., Huntress[2.781], your predecessor Sesq, etc.). This is a large part of why I had Huntress[2.781] as my primary "scumread" on day one. I think I chose Keyser as the person that I would hardcore buddy and defend because he genuinely was one of the most towny players on day one, and also because Kop (Eragon's predecessor) had Keyser as a "townread" as well. And Kop also had Huntress[2.781] as a "scumread" and voted for that slot, which is why I did the same as well (until I changed my vote to Sesq).

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Central Park