Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:33 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 874, Creature wrote:Bad taste because you feel bad about it?
Nah RC deserved death. Bad taste you implied the only reason was to lynch the loud one.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:48 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 875, Garmr wrote:you implied the only reason was to lynch the loud one.
Nah I'm not that stupid
Sigh
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:40 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 856, Shoshin wrote:
In post 854, Irrelephant11 wrote:shoshin do you have game solve yet or
I haven't read anything, so no.

You?
I mean I never game solve D1 but
Are we lynching Io/BEF for strong reasons you have or mostly for RC reasons?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:42 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 838, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 837, BuJaber wrote:
In post 835, BrightEyedFish wrote:VOTE: FA_Q2

For voting an empty slot. Give the new person a chance, I say.
I never understood this mentality..

If someone thinks a slot is scummy, and they place a regular vote not a lynch or something close to a lynch like L-1, then why is it scummy? The rep out doesn't clear the slate.
It's straight up opportunistic...

It's not though. Not when this mentality is widespread on the site. People will be hesitant to lynch the replacement. You have to work harder to push it through.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:43 am

Post by BuJaber »

Creature are you caught up and if so what are your reads?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:46 am

Post by BuJaber »

Garmr how do you read ele and ele how do you read garmr?

I think ele trusting shoshin and joining the game with that mentality is more indicative of town!sho than it is AI for ele.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:58 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 878, BuJaber wrote:

If someone thinks a slot is scummy, and they place a regular vote not a lynch or something close to a lynch like L-1, then why is it scummy? The rep out doesn't clear the slate.

It's not though. Not when this mentality is widespread on the site. People will be hesitant to lynch the replacement. You have to work harder to push it through.
I don't buy that.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:08 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 880, BuJaber wrote:Garmr how do you read ele and ele how do you read garmr?

I think ele trusting shoshin and joining the game with that mentality is more indicative of town!sho than it is AI for ele.
Correct. Shoshin either will or won't vouch for me being town at some point though, which will give you a good idea of my alignment probably?

I'll be honest I stopped reading Garmr posts at some point when spectating because they were so unpleasant. I mostly haven't read them since replacing in for the same reason. How important is it that I get a firm Garmr read?
I remember RC saying Garmr is being more toxic than he normally would be as town so maybe that's a thing? I also remember Io saying "no one is townreading you because you so unpleasant they don't want to townread you" which sounded sort of buddy-y. Actually that's more of a scumread of Io thing than anything AI for Garmr I guess.
Oh and then there's the "oh of course you were offended" thing that is a slight reason to townread Garmr I guess.

Overall I come away with a tiny townlean without reading his posts much at all.

So, same question. Is my answer important enough that I like,
have
to dive in to his posts?
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:29 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 866, Creature wrote:
In post 864, Garmr wrote:
In post 858, Creature wrote:Did we really just lynch the louder player?
But if you are talking about rc and pp in a duel then I don't like your response straight off the bat. Your in Nic slot to so nothing really changed my read on it.
No, I was talking in general, not sure who I would choose between the duelers.
You were talking about nothing useful. Why do you even care who you would choose between the duelers? That situation is over. I notice how you did not bother to comment on an actual post/player/action or anything that might move the game forward.

Do you have any actual useful observations?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:51 am

Post by Creature »

In post 879, BuJaber wrote:Creature are you caught up and if so what are your reads?
No, I haven't even started catching up.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:52 am

Post by Creature »

like, I only checked RC.
Sigh
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:29 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 881, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 878, BuJaber wrote:

I don't buy that.
Good for you. Does not make your statement any less false.

Anyway, I wanted NC to respond to what I said before he left. There was only one way to do that. I did not get a response unfortunately. Creature has done nothing to change my stance on that slot and he has had the opportunity.
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:50 am

Post by Light Ethos »

In post 876, Creature wrote:
Nah I'm not that stupid
What other reasons do you think it was for? Reading your post left me with the impression Garmr posted.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:03 am

Post by Creature »

In post 887, Light Ethos wrote:
Nah I'm not that stupid
What other reasons do you think it was for? Reading your post left me with the impression Garmr posted.
I implied we lynched the louder player, not that we lynched the louder player for being the loudest.
Sigh
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 882, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 880, BuJaber wrote:Garmr how do you read ele and ele how do you read garmr?

Correct. Shoshin either will or won't vouch for me being town at some point though, which will give you a good idea of my alignment probably?

I'll be honest I stopped reading Garmr posts at some point when spectating because they were so unpleasant. I mostly haven't read them since replacing in for the same reason. How important is it that I get a firm Garmr read?
I remember RC saying Garmr is being more toxic than he normally would be as town so maybe that's a thing? I also remember Io saying "no one is townreading you because you so unpleasant they don't want to townread you" which sounded sort of buddy-y. Actually that's more of a scumread of Io thing than anything AI for Garmr I guess.
Oh and then there's the "oh of course you were offended" thing that is a slight reason to townread Garmr I guess.

have
to dive in to his posts?
You could pretty much skip my rc argument and my post return to normal. Rc is dumb and doesn't know how to read me. Also that was nic saying no one is town reading me because i'm unpleasant which is a lie and then he ran off on a rant on how shit rc was. IO scum read me for the earlier situation where I tried to set up a scenario I thought was ideal for town. I also used that scenario to read peoples slots.

I couldn't say at the time because the game was ongoing. But now it's over
In post 434, RadiantCowbells wrote:mostly due to phrasing stuff that I won't be able to articulate in a way that's going to do anyone any favours
but there's a level of restraint that makes it feel fake and planned out, really don't think the word thumb is used by
town garmr
in this context.
I fundamentally think he'd make the same point or similiar point very differently if he was town.
Rc is dumb and doesn't know a town garmr from a scum garmr. As soon as I saw the words I know a town garmr and I had a bad day It was a recipe for disaster.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 888, Creature wrote:
In post 887, Light Ethos wrote:
Nah I'm not that stupid
I implied we lynched the louder player, not that we lynched the louder player for being the loudest.
Ok but why is that important? Your tone implied that was a bad thing thing why?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by Garmr »

I think it's null but when compared to eji slot I'm not really hard scum reading him as much. Still on my to sort list but a lower priority.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 891, Garmr wrote:

I think it's null
but when compared to eji slot I'm not really hard scum reading him as much. Still on my to sort list but a lower priority.
ele trusting shoshin. Is null
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 882, Irrelephant11 wrote:

have
to dive in to his posts?
Well yes .. sorting you is a big deal. So is making sure my read on garmr continues to make sense.

Ejji was a little scummy and garmr SR'd him strongly. Figured this is a good way to check your slot and see how garmr sees his replacement.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:51 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 892, Garmr wrote:

I think it's null
but when compared to eji slot I'm not really hard scum reading him as much. Still on my to sort list but a lower priority.
I think it points to to town!shoshin because if ele repped into a town slot we can trust the read, and if he repped into a scum slot I think he would still say that to make him sound believable and/or to pocket shoshin.

That leaves SvS but that would be rather ballsy of ele and I'm leaning town for shoshin anyway based on this weak push on her and her response to it.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:14 pm

Post by Garmr »

Still disagree but ele is lower on my to lynch list than they were with the eijh I slot.
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:11 pm

Post by Light Ethos »

In post 894, BuJaber wrote:

I think it's null
I think it points to to town!shoshin because if ele repped into a town slot we can trust the read, and if he repped into a scum slot I think he would still say that to make him sound believable and/or to pocket shoshin.

That leaves SvS but that would be rather ballsy of ele and I'm leaning town for shoshin anyway based on this weak push on her and her response to it.
I'm not liking this logic. If ele posts trust of shoshin regardless of ele's alignment, I contend that ele would post trust of shoshin regardless of shoshin's alignment too. Your post also ignores the possibility of town!ele misreading scum!shoshin. Is there a particular reason you reject that possibility?
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:53 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

@PenguinPower, BuJaber, Irrelephant11, Shoshin, Garmr

Deadline is approaching. Please don't make this mistake...
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:58 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

D2 will bring much needed information if I am alive to share it.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:57 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 896, Light Ethos wrote:
In post 894, BuJaber wrote:

I think it's null

I'm not liking this logic. If ele posts trust of shoshin regardless of ele's alignment, I contend that ele would post trust of shoshin regardless of shoshin's alignment too. Your post also ignores the possibility of town!ele misreading scum!shoshin. Is there a particular reason you reject that possibility?
Calculated probability.

Higher chance of scum!ele posting that if shoshin is town than not posting it.
Higher chance of town!ele correctly reading a player he knows very well than not.

Also for ele to be town and shoshin to be scum it would mean all 3 of these have to be true: ele is wrong on his read, I am wrong on my read, shoshin is sheeping me as scum. Which I don't think is likely either. I did very well in my only previous game against scum!shoshin. I think she would try to discredit my reads as scum to protect her teammates. I could maybe see her pocketing me if this setup didn't have the white flag mechanic but since it does, me getting pocketed by shoshin would not be enough.

Return to “Completed Open Games”