Open 739: Epic Duel [Game Over]

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
PenguinPower
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1425  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:01 pm

VOTE: LE

@mod: V/LA until 12:00pm CST on 11/4
<(") | (")>

BuJaber
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1426  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:27 am

If creature flips town I'd reevaluate garmr.

And the PP townread became weaker when he started townreading you strongly and scumreading garmr.

LE could be scum only if someone who would kill shoshin is partners with him. That's probably everyone except garmr since shoshin was sheeping RC and RC was scumreading garmr. Considering that you 3 voted and still more or less seems happy with LE wagon that doesn't seem to be the case.

Irrelephant11
COTM 2018 Winner
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: looking into deep, clear water
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1427  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:20 am

If we lynch LE and he flips town who would you duel?

Garmr I don’t find your case super compelling, btw
Though I’ll definitely let you pick the duel next game day if LE is town

Mod are we getting a deadline extension for the replacement?

Garmr
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 23, 2013
Location: The Ban Thread
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1428  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:33 am

In post 1427, Irrelephant11 wrote:If we lynch LE and he flips town who would you duel?

Garmr I don’t find your case super compelling, btw
Though I’ll definitely let you pick the duel next game day if LE is town

Mod are we getting a deadline extension for the replacement?

If light ethos is scum I will apologise to penguin power game end over my last minute freak out because they probably aren't scum with them.


Also the game will probably end if I count right if town duels town tomorrow since it would make scum equal with town. So it's basically If I'm wrong about pp its game over and I can finally end this game or if I'm right I get bragging rights. What ever the case I get to be the decider and that appeals to me.

AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 28, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1429  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:46 am

Vote Count 2.6


Irrelephant11: BuJaber
Garmr:
Light Ethos: Creature, Irrelephant11, PenguinPower
BuJaber:
Creature:
PenguinPower: Garmr

Not Voting: Light Ethos

Plurality Lynch Mechanic In Play: the player with the most votes by the end of the Duel deadline will be killed.

Deadline: (expired on 2018-11-03 23:53:33)

In post 1425, PenguinPower wrote:@mod: V/LA until 12:00pm CST on 11/4


Noted.

In post 1427, Irrelephant11 wrote:Mod are we getting a deadline extension for the replacement?


If I'm able to find a replacement, I will extend the deadline by 48 hours.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!

AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 28, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1430  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:37 am

Light Ethos has been lynched. They were a Sharpshooter.

A win condition has been achieved! Town victory!
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!

AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 28, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1431  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:43 am

Welp time to make some serious setup adjustments.

Thanks for sticking it out to the end everyone!
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!

Nicolas Cage
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 03, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1432  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:48 am

gg

nice carry Creature, thank you for taking the /in

@PP, sorry for flipping out at you, my frustrations were not with you specifically nor were they entirely about this game (rl stress was pretty bad at the time)

@RC, I think I apologized to you in the dead thread, but sorry again about badmouthing you with my exit post, I really do respect your play, I was more frustrated with people sheeping you and that was making it harder to evaluate them

@Anonymous, thanks for holding together the game and running it to completion. Personally I think the majority of my criticisms would be resolved simply by letting a simple majority overrule the plurality mechanic. I don't know why you'd force plurality to remain in play during a 1v1. That being said I think your moderation was great and I probably should not have gotten so tilted over some setup design features I disagreed with

AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 28, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1433  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:49 am

Sharpshooter Hideout [Mafia Thread]
Ghost Town [Spectator Thread]
Shooting Gallery [Discussion Thread]
Setup Design [Formerly known as Vengeful Nightless High Noon]

Will release Sharpshooter PT in 24 hours or when all Sharpshooters have given consent.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!

AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 28, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1434  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:52 am

@Nic - Nah, don't sweat it. It's a valid criticism, one I plan on acting on ASAP.

I didn't expect the days to drag out to that extent with plurality.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!

Nicolas Cage
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 03, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1435  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:52 am

Is Shooting Gallery supposed to direct to the main game thread?

AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 28, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1436  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:54 am

Supposed to. I just copied and pasted all of that from the mod PT (on a phone - bit unwieldy to do modding stuff).
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!

AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 28, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1437  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:57 am

Checked. Yep, it's supposed to do that. Thought I did something wrong there. ^.^;

It's easier to bounce around between threads like that. Less work to have to dig through the "View Your Posts" webpage.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!

BuJaber
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1438  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:10 am

Sorry for dragging the game on guys.. I don't like giving up. Game integrity means giving it your all until the very end.

That was absolutely horrible that I was forced to destroy every shred of town cred I had :(

@AG - thanks for hosting.. I don't mind the release of Mafia PT.

Garmr
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 23, 2013
Location: The Ban Thread
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1439  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:14 am

Thank got paranoid at the end with pp

Garmr
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 23, 2013
Location: The Ban Thread
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1440  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:20 am

RC you called every one scum at one point of course you'd get the scum team when everyone is scum.

Garmr
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 23, 2013
Location: The Ban Thread
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1441  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:42 am

You know me RC, no you fucking don't lol.

Garmr
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 23, 2013
Location: The Ban Thread
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1442  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:08 am

Maybe just a bit bitter. But I managed to vote IO and figure out the slot was scum. I was also going to let the walt/light lynch through to prove I was town to lynch my scum read tommorow but pps reaction made me push them harder. But all ends well and I wasn't entirely useless RC. But I will remember what you said.

Garmr
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 23, 2013
Location: The Ban Thread
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1443  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:59 pm

May as well end with something positive. A reason I didn't want bujaber to be scum is I find him enjoyable to play with and my bias towards players I enjoy may get in the way. Also he did well early game. Just like I had to talk myself into scum reading IO since she's a fun player.

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1444  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:46 pm

Great modding AGhost<3
Sorry for the untimely flake. :( very well played town.
"He's very bad at quacking. Possibly even the worst."
- vonflare, presumably on someone else

PenguinPower
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1445  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:20 pm

In post 1428, Garmr wrote:If light ethos is scum I will apologise to penguin power game end over my last minute freak out because they probably aren't scum with them.


Waiting for this especially given the personal attack about my intelligence and that fact that you were dead-ass wrong.

Thanks for repping in Creature. Really helped with my read on the Nic slot. Probably would have pushed as scum otherwise.

gg all. Wish you had stuck around duck!

Good job modding AG. Thanks!
<(") | (")>

Garmr
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 23, 2013
Location: The Ban Thread
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1446  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:44 pm

In post 1445, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1428, Garmr wrote:If light ethos is scum I will apologise to penguin power game end over my last minute freak out because they probably aren't scum with them.


Waiting for this especially given the personal attack about my intelligence and that fact that you were dead-ass wrong.

Thanks for repping in Creature. Really helped with my read on the Nic slot. Probably would have pushed as scum otherwise.

gg all. Wish you had stuck around duck!

Good job modding AG. Thanks!

Yep sorry but you were wrong about me to and I thought you were scum in the same way nic treat me :p.

PenguinPower
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1447  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:53 pm

In post 1446, Garmr wrote:Yep sorry but you were wrong about me to and I thought you were scum in the same way nic treat me :p.


You should re-read the game, Garmr. I didn't start scumreading you until your bad flip on me (admittedly enhanced by your bad duel) - while maintaining my scumread (though waffling) on actual scum, instead of tunneling on two town (as you did the entirety of the last day).

Still waiting on the apology. If you're going to promise one when proven wrong, at least follow through. Again...especially given the personal attack on my intelligence. What was it? "Really fucking stupid" or do you prefer "dumb fuck?"
<(") | (")>

Garmr
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 23, 2013
Location: The Ban Thread
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1448  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:19 pm

In post 1447, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1446, Garmr wrote:Yep sorry but you were wrong about me to and I thought you were scum in the same way nic treat me :p.


You should re-read the game, Garmr. I didn't start scumreading you until your bad flip on me (admittedly enhanced by your bad duel) - while maintaining my scumread (though waffling) on actual scum, instead of tunneling on two town (as you did the entirety of the last day).

Still waiting on the apology. If you're going to promise one when proven wrong, at least follow through. Again...especially given the personal attack on my intelligence. What was it? "Really fucking stupid" or do you prefer "dumb fuck?"

I just did apologise then (I said sorry for getting paranoid on your slot) or did you miss it?

btw


In post 1380, Garmr wrote:
In post 1379, Garmr wrote:Penguin is scum or really fucking stupid I doubt that penguin is a dumb fuck so penguin is scum. It makes no sense for bujab or me to fight the flow if light ethos isn't scum. I was pretty much guaranteed to win end game in the position I was in if I was scum (Unless I was with light ethos which I'm not).

Fixed

I actually wasn't wrong (I did a typo twice I just noticed) this was when you tried to say me and bujaber could be scum partners.

But sorry as it wasn't meant to be personal just the idea of me and bujab being a scum team and both fighting the light ethos lynch was so
In post 1380, Garmr wrote:
In post 1379, Garmr wrote:Penguin is scum or really fucking stupid I doubt that penguin is a dumb fuck so penguin is scum. It makes no sense for bujab or me to fight the flow if light ethos isn't scum. I was pretty much guaranteed to win end game in the position I was in if I was scum (Unless I was with light ethos which I'm not).

Fixed

This is what I meant (fixed again because i put the isn't in the wrong place) I wasn't wrong with what I was saying as you tried to throw the idea of me and bujab being scum partners trying to defend light ethos. I found this so preposterous that I believe you would of had to be intellectual dishonest with yourself.

But I apologise if you took it personal as nic did with me I didn't think you were town and it wasn't meant to be personal.

AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 28, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1449  (ISO)  » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:48 pm

The Sharpshooter PT is now open to the public!
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Central Park