any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:13 am

Post by Clemency »

i should probably start playing too, huh
i'll get to that soon
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:25 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

In post 274, Egix96 wrote:
In post 273, Sleepless Assassin wrote:I'm curious what made his quieter game worthy of a vote then. You mentioned he was more wordy in the past. What makes you think alignment is the reason for the change?
Isn't it fairly common for people to find it harder to think of what to write when they're scum, thus leading them to post less?
Of course, not everyone has that problem, but I was guessing it could be the case here.
Depends on the person. Some people find it easier because you're sticking to a narrative as scum where as town you are trying to figure things out. So as town you may be less sure of yourself. Does something from your history with volx make him strike you as being one way or the other? Do you think it's possible it could be as simple as he had more free time in the past than he does now?
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:37 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 268, Bambietta Basterbine wrote:Because sometimes you gotta shut up and let other people get the flow going. If I keep talking, it'll give some people some excuse to not start up conversations.

I gotta observe what the quieter people are saying now, so I'm limiting myself to one-liners and this explanation-type post for now. Id like to hear your thoughts though.
Ok
Wanna see you talk at some point tho
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by bristep123 »

Ok, so initial reads.

Volxen - Veering scum, still not keen on the reasoning against Bambi it's a 13 person game, a 4 player wagon isn't the worst thing in the world at this early stage. A bit of fence sitting 'unable to form strong reads' but claimed almost50 as somewhat towny without any reasoning.

Sleepless Assassin - Veering town at this early stage, votes have been thrown out in various direction so there's some confidence and attempts at investigation.

Reaper of Souls - Is he fence-sitting or just very unsure of himself? I'm not sure, couple of names thrown out but no strong opinions put out there yet. Neutral veering scum, thought the removal of the RVS was weird when he had no reads to follow it up with.

ofrhz - right now town, quite fast and loose with posts but doing some good pressing/probing. If I'm wrong there then he's a confident scum player to play that way.

Gamma Emerald - neutral right now, nothing there screams scum but is questioning others but not really offering much substance right now

Egix96 - town, questioning reads and also picked up on Reaper's removal of his random first vote.

DS - No strong read on them at this point. Did feel the Bambi vote was a little weak but could just be a bad read or all they've got to go on right now.

davesaz - No read yet, not much of substance at this point.

Clemency - 63 posts since game start and absolutely zero substance. Too much white noise to be scum, so for now I say town.

Bambi - All over the place, I don't know where to start. Quoted Johnny Johnny, so as a parent of 2 young children that's enough to sway me for now. Town.

Almost50 - veering scum right now, but not strong. Again another that pointed at Bambi for voting for him, but since the vote was for him it doesn't read as much as the others who highlighted it. Also some posts I can't tell if are serious so that could be deliberate.

Adelbert - Has posted twice, both times a vote with no reasoning. Isn't participating in the game, votes without reasons can be early and random but also might be scum trying to hide (and might have done so in a busier game).

Had a real long play gap as I mentioned before, so I know the history/play style of nobody, just got instinct at this point.

So,
Unvote Sleepless Assassin
Vote Volxen
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by Clemency »

In post 278, bristep123 wrote: Clemency - 63 posts since game start and absolutely zero substance. Too much white noise to be scum, so for now I say town.
glad someone said it
screw that clemency guy, he spams way too much
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:19 pm

A spammy posting style is a bad reason to town read someone. That's a good post otherwise though.

Bambietta Basterbine
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by Bambietta Basterbine »

In post 277, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 268, Bambietta Basterbine wrote:Because sometimes you gotta shut up and let other people get the flow going. If I keep talking, it'll give some people some excuse to not start up conversations.

I gotta observe what the quieter people are saying now, so I'm limiting myself to one-liners and this explanation-type post for now. Id like to hear your thoughts though.
Ok
Getting Bristep involved was worth the wait, even though I got bored. If you have something specific you want to ask me, ask away.

Let's pretend it's a dating SIM, Gamma. Try to max relationship.

BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:31 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Vote Count 1.5:

Bambietta Basterbine (3):
Gamma Emerald, volxen, DS
Volxen (3):
ofrhz, Egix96, bristep123
Gamma Emerald (1):
davesaz
Adelbert Steiner (1):
Almost50
ReaperOfSouls (1):
Sleepless Assassin
ofrhz (1):
Adelbert Steiner

Not Voting (3):
Clemency,
Bambietta Basterbine, ReaperOfSouls

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-11-25 20:00:00)

Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:11 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 276, Sleepless Assassin wrote:Depends on the person. Some people find it easier because you're sticking to a narrative as scum where as town you are trying to figure things out. So as town you may be less sure of yourself. Does something from your history with volx make him strike you as being one way or the other? Do you think it's possible it could be as simple as he had more free time in the past than he does now?
Well yes, I did say that not everyone posts less as scum. That last point does seem plausible, seeing as he's not the only person who's been lurking so far :shifty: . Besides, it's not as if I can give him any more than a slight lean either way based on so little content.

I think it's best if I go read Watchmen now, it might give me some useful insight.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:10 am

Post by Egix96 »

0 posts in 6 hours? Never done before ;)
Btw I've just finshed reading the first Day of that Watchmen game. I think it really helps to read the actual thread and not just volxen's ISO because it's important to see why he was being scumread.
Disappointingly, it hasn't done much to change my read on him tho :neutral:
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:12 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 256, bristep123 wrote:Ok, 9 pages to catch up on.

Think there's been a movement to paint Bambi as scum, about PR speculation and also jumping on almost50's bandwagon. DS and Volxion just casually parking their votes for completely different reasons, not actively attacking but softly sowing suspicion. Maybe I'm imagining it, but maybe not.
Gut scumreading this
In post 278, bristep123 wrote:Ok, so initial reads.

<snip>

Bambi - All over the place, I don't know where to start. Quoted Johnny Johnny, so as a parent of 2 young children that's enough to sway me for now. Town.
This is an interesting read
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:12 am

In post 284, Egix96 wrote:0 posts in 6 hours? Never done before ;)
Btw I've just finshed reading the first Day of that Watchmen game. I think it really helps to read the actual thread and not just volxen's ISO because it's important to see why he was being scumread.
Was he less active there? When was the game? When did you play with him as town?

V/LA until Saturday night

I may be able to check in around this time tomorrow if it's not too much to read. Otherwise I'm an empty slot for two days. Sorry.

bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:14 am

Post by bristep123 »

In post 285, ofrhz wrote:

Think there's been a movement to paint Bambi as scum, about PR speculation and also jumping on almost50's bandwagon. DS and Volxion just casually parking their votes for completely different reasons, not actively attacking but softly sowing suspicion. Maybe I'm imagining it, but maybe not.
Gut scumreading this
In post 278, bristep123 wrote:Ok, so initial reads.

<snip>

This is an interesting read
Really? Interesting how, what have I bumbled my way across?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:24 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 277, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Ok
Are you making a conscious effort to act differently this game?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Differently to what?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Bambietta Basterbine
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:41 pm

Oh, we're finally active again. Neat.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by Almost50 »

It's so sad BuJaber has more posts than half the players list :(

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Bambietta Basterbine
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:52 pm

Speaking of activity, we bout to prod a bitch.

Get out your sticks bois. Mister Naked Voting Adelbert is in prodding range.
"The whole point of fighting is that you don't want to die! That you'll be killed if you lose! If you throw your life away in battle, where's the point in winning?!!"
- Bambietta Basterbine
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Re-quoting these posts for context

Think there's been a movement to paint Bambi as scum
, about PR speculation and also jumping on almost50's bandwagon.
DS and Volxion just casually parking their votes for completely different reasons
, not actively attacking but softly sowing suspicion. Maybe I'm imagining it, but maybe not.
So you think DS and volxen may be shading Bambi here, that's fine. However, the phrase "paint Bambi as scum" implies that you think Bambi is scum's designated mislynch of the day or something.

I think in order to organically form a read like this one, you need to be townreading Bambi with some confidence.
In post 278, bristep123 wrote: Bambi -
All over the place, I don't know where to start.
Quoted Johnny Johnny, so as a parent of 2 young children that's enough to sway me for now.
Town.
This isn't a very good reason to call someone Town. The reason why I have an issue with your Bambi read in particular (as opposed to say, your townread on Clemency) is because at least your tr on clemency was based on tone. Also the bolded bits are slightly contradictory.

Compare your Bambi read with a couple others:
In post 278, bristep123 wrote: Gamma Emerald - neutral right now, nothing there screams scum but is questioning others but not really offering much substance right now

davesaz - No read yet, not much of substance at this point.
Gamma and dave both have fewer posts, but in terms of actual content, I believe they've already contributed more content to the game than Bambi has so far. So I guess it's interesting they're null while Bambi is town.

Maybe a little too early to say, but I think it's unlikely bristep and volxen are scum together.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 286, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
In post 284, Egix96 wrote:0 posts in 6 hours? Never done before ;)
Was he less active there? When was the game? When did you play with him as town?

V/LA until Saturday night

I may be able to check in around this time tomorrow if it's not too much to read. Otherwise I'm an empty slot for two days. Sorry.
I think it's probably better to hold off on explaining metareads on volxen in greater detail until the guy posts more in the game.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 84, Almost50 wrote:
In post 63, Adelbert Steiner wrote:Greetings, Almost50 why do you still vote for yourself?

VOTE: Almost50
SCUM POST.

VOTE: Adelbert
My bad! I scared him off by catching him so soon.

volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 254, ofrhz wrote:
In post 253, volxen wrote:
In post 228, ofrhz wrote:I'm bored

Who wants to help me LAL? We can start with volxen
I find it a bit curious that you want to wagon me, but yet you don't seem to really have any questions for me or want to engage with me (beyond the single question that you asked me in post ).
I was primarily interested in wagoning you because you were obviously present on site yet not producing much readable content

Besides, it’s hard to ask you questions when you’ve only made two posts, one of which was responding to me. I would’ve asked you for your reads next, but I see you’ve already supplied those.
Regarding reads, I don't feel there's enough content yet to form strong reads, but so far Almost50 is coming across as somewhat towny
Why?
Regarding Bambi, as I mentioned before I didn't like the PR speculation, and I'm hard pressed to find a pro-town motivation in talking about it, even in jest.
I also found it a bit suspect how she hoped onto Almost50's wagon and brought him up to four votes so early on in the game.
What’s wrong the bolded? Wagons tend to form early to generate pressure, no?
My read of Almost50 is not terribly strong, but I am gut townleaning him at the moment based on tone and his interactions with other slots. I will definitely reevaluate of my read of him as the game progresses and he produces more content, but for now he is a light townlean.

I'm suspicious of Bambi's vote for Almost50 because she admitted herself that she was just going with the flow in voting for him:
In post 79, Bambietta Basterbine wrote:I like that honesty, my minion. The Majority seem to be going for Almost, so we shall do the same for now. Keep a keen eye for scummy behaviour.

VOTE: Almost50
Why vote for him and bring him over halfway to lynch if she is not even individually scumreading him? I get that people sheep as town, but I'm always suspicious of "going with the flow" votes.

You were voting for Egix before you voted for me. What are your thoughts on Egix currently?
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 296, volxen wrote: You were voting for Egix before you voted for me. What are your thoughts on Egix currently?
Leaning town - Egix reading your last scumgame is a little more likely to come from town than scum imo

Read on bristep?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Bambietta is actually a he. he is a Vice Cop though, and he's working undercover, disguised as a female working the streets. He might've gone insane though. The word in the HQ is he is slaughtering some of those unfortunate should, and even attacking his colleagues isn't beyond him. His profile says he's been showing signs of sadism, so don't anybody trust him. Chief of police is calling upon Bambietta's captain to recall him from the streets and have him take a psychology reevaluation test, but I hear the captain is also afraid for his own well being he's reluctant to convey the instructions.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I read games for meta as both alignments
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Open Games”