kitcat
Goon
kitcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by kitcat »

I have too many townreads for the number of players alive
The lack of a townread on CoA almost puts her in my lynchpool but like I don't actually think she's scummy
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:49 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 330, Slaxx wrote:
In post 329, Eyes without a face wrote:
Slaxx wrote:
In post 325, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 324, Eyes without a face wrote:Do you want me to explain how I came to the conclusion I'm town too?
Yes please! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don’t encourage him he’s either scum or daft.

You should be helping me figure out which.
Starting to lose grip and optong to personal slander isn't nice and won't get you anywhere you want to go
I’m doing fine but thanks for your concern.

I did that on purpose. It gave you a nice excuse to not answer the game/related question, which I figured might be the case.
Just like when you slinked off when we were in discussion and tried to reintegrate like nothing happened after other people started talking:

VOTE: Eyes Without a Face

Unlike you, I’m not concerned about looking like I’m voting someone just because they are voting me.
Try again, Kit.
rooroo
rooroo
Goon
rooroo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:49 pm

Post by rooroo »

surely weird outgoing associatives with {slaxx, sa} are at least a little bit scummy
washed upside-down
kitcat
kitcat
Goon
kitcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by kitcat »

Eh fair enough, forgot about that post for a minute
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 574, rooroo wrote:idk 2010 join date basically and your early d1 play felt less aggressive than our other game

I would be townreading you by postcount/whatever if you were new
It is less aggressive, because I’m tired of being night killed early.
kitcat
kitcat
Goon
kitcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:51 pm

Post by kitcat »

In post 578, rooroo wrote:surely weird outgoing associatives with {slaxx, sa} are at least a little bit scummy
Yeah that's kinda the solve I'm going with right now but like it feels almost too easy? Sometimes it is that easy but yeah
If I'm wrong I guess CoA might be scum? I'm pretty sure all of {eragon/vizzy/you} are town
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:51 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I quickly found that I overcompensated and now I’m in this position. Live and learn.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:00 pm

Post by Eragon »

slaxx how do you feel about your play this game right now?

this is going somewhere.
Show
"follow your heart but take your brain with you"
"Get away... from me...!"

Get to know a Dark Shadow!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78520
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:01 pm

Post by Eragon »

like based around your normal town game do you feel this is about average or sub-par?
Show

rooroo
rooroo
Goon
rooroo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by rooroo »

slaxx, should seesaws be banned?
washed upside-down
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 583, Eragon wrote:slaxx how do you feel about your play this game right now?

this is going somewhere.
This game is different for me in a weird way a game shouldn’t be different for someone who has played a lot of games. I’m not for sure how to articulate it.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 584, Eragon wrote:like based around your normal town game do you feel this is about average or sub-par?
This game for me is subpar but I played it different intentionally.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 587, Slaxx wrote:
In post 584, Eragon wrote:like based around your normal town game do you feel this is about average or sub-par?
you played it different read-wise or just playstyle wise?
Show

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:10 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 588, Eragon wrote:
In post 587, Slaxx wrote:
you played it different read-wise or just playstyle wise?
Playstyle wise. Normally I’m transparent and aggressive but that has gotten me killed before I could be useful in redflag which is ended and another I can’t talk about.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:12 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Read-wise never. Despite my recent rash of bad play I usually have a damn good record on scumhunting. Boba Tea Mafia is a good example of me at my peak town game, and I actually survived that game because they killed a claimed PR night 1 and tried to WIFOM people with the kill N2.

I was lolwagons there tho
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:14 pm

Post by Eragon »

hmm.

im looking at this godly shit

Spoiler:
In post 229, LolWagons wrote:
Gamma Emerald

Spoiler: Lean Town
#135: Honestly thought his vote was fine on this slot, I know its my slot, but that was a good discussion starter for that early in the game. I like him laying down his hand here, wish he would have waited for A50 to answer the question first though.
#143: Good read, agree

There's a lot of posts here but those are the two that stuck out. Proactive, driving discussion, seems town.

ReaperOfSouls

Spoiler: Lean Scum
#99 Probably not scum buddies with the hydra
#125: Okay
#205: Okay
#215: Okay

Profile pretty much identical to Clemency. No contributions, lots of fluff, no original thoughts.

Gnelf

#167: Yes

Slight town because they voted my scumread and brought up what I was going to bring up.

Egix96

#122: Ew
#126: Ew-er
#183: Ew
#201: Ew-er

Although engaging a bit more genuinely and directly than Reaper or Clemency still a lot of fluff and maybe a bit of buddying.

MariaR

Spoiler: Null
#9: Trolling for reactions, love it.
#64: Direct, I like it. One on one with Dunn doesn't really offer me any new insight into the read.
#174: Good read.

Overall an alright slot, Not a lot of participation outside a couple town reads and a one on one with Dunn so I'm not comfortable calling this slot lean town but if there was a gun to my head I'd call town.

Dunnstral

#68: Ew
#75: More Ew. That's not shade, it was a valid point. Pretty unabashed OMGUS.
#83: You're being active, I wouldn't call it proactive.
#89: But one of those was RVS...am I misreading something?
#107: Okay not his post but A50's, apparently Dunn gets run up a lot on day 1 accordin to Gamma, and a50 is reads him town. Doesn't mean he is immune to a scum role PM but that gives context I guess.
#142: Actually does read town, agree with Gamma.
# 197: Haha, now that's shade. That's how shade is thrown.

Overall a headstrong slot, I think with the lack of other strong personalities in this game it might work for you instead of against you here.

Clemency

#101/#102: Unless "dab" is a significant contribution I'm unaware of, we are on 6 posts with nothing useful outside an RVS vote and no meaningful engagement with other players
#155: Okay seriously wtf how are people letting this guy gallivant around uselessly like this 7 pages in
#175: Sheeping a town read okay cool that's almost contribution.
#216: Okay great still nothing original to contribute
#217: I haven't

0verki11

#46 is good.
#173 is good.
#222 looks like the reasoning comes from town.

Not a lot of super strong tells but town seems fairly likely for this slot.

Persivul

Spoiler: Probably Town
#65/#66: Waiting before he shows his hand for Gamma's reaction is nice. Very Socratic type of play. Interested in reactions and thus alignment.
#76: More of the that
#115: I like you noticed this but agree he was just feigning confidence for reactions as he later stated.
#202: Is good pressure.

Probably my strongest town read. Seems the most engaged and the most direct. Definitely a drive to discern alignment and not just drive lynches.

Almost50

#12: Okay, interesting. Are you implying we shouldn't take that at face value? Is there any reason to doubt the claim?
#118: Everything on this page seems town from A50. I like the questions he is asking and the interactions with Pers.
#214: You know if you say your vote is for a specific reaction you pretty much forfeit that reaction from happening right?

Going back and forth with this. Some fluff (like #12 above, and to a lesser extent #214), and the whole IC thing and posting in the wrong thread is making a little unsure where to place him because if he is that disengaged I don't know how confident I can be in any tells I think I pick up.

PenguinPower

Spoiler: Town
He's the IC. Duh.

Lovebird

#105 I like the early reads even if at this point I don't agree with Dunn. LB seems to be playing transparently.

I like the amount of reads but the lack of explanation and proactive engagement is nullifying that. Seems like a pattern of swooping in, giving vague reads, then leaving.

General thoughts:
Not as confident in my reads as I normally am. Too many people (Egix, Maria, Reaper, Clemency) have gotten away with mainly fluff posting and it makes it really hard to discern alignment. Also, leaving your votes parked on a lurker slot to pressure the replacement? Seems mainly like an excuse to not engage with other players. What if it took a while to find a replacement? And the fact that the closest we've gotten to a lynch is L-3...explains why I am having trouble with the reads. Wagons generate content.

Also, just going to head off the OMGUS accusations now: Yes, I realize two of my scum reads are on my wagon. No, I don't think they are both scum (I don't think scum would wagon back to back like that), but I think that's where pressure needs to go and I bet one of them is.

Also, disclaimer, this is an alt of Slaxx, I just can't access the account currently. So if meta is your thing have at it. I have a couple completed games on this guy as well from a while back.

from C9++ and it doesnt read overly aggresive to me, so im wondering where transparant reads like this have been this game

i mean quite a few of the reads are just

"good post"
"okay"
"good"
"ew"

but i feel this is a transparantly towny post for your third post of that game.
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:14 pm

Post by Eragon »

umm whoops the spoilers got really fucked up there

ill requote it
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:15 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 591, Eragon wrote:hmm.

im looking at this godly shit
In post 229, LolWagons wrote:
Gamma Emerald

#135: Honestly thought his vote was fine on this slot, I know its my slot, but that was a good discussion starter for that early in the game. I like him laying down his hand here, wish he would have waited for A50 to answer the question first though.
#143: Good read, agree

There's a lot of posts here but those are the two that stuck out. Proactive, driving discussion, seems town.

ReaperOfSouls

#99 Probably not scum buddies with the hydra
#125: Okay
#205: Okay
#215: Okay

Profile pretty much identical to Clemency. No contributions, lots of fluff, no original thoughts.

Gnelf

#167: Yes

Slight town because they voted my scumread and brought up what I was going to bring up.

Egix96

#122: Ew
#126: Ew-er
#183: Ew
#201: Ew-er

Although engaging a bit more genuinely and directly than Reaper or Clemency still a lot of fluff and maybe a bit of buddying.

MariaR

#9: Trolling for reactions, love it.
#64: Direct, I like it. One on one with Dunn doesn't really offer me any new insight into the read.
#174: Good read.

Overall an alright slot, Not a lot of participation outside a couple town reads and a one on one with Dunn so I'm not comfortable calling this slot lean town but if there was a gun to my head I'd call town.

Dunnstral

#68: Ew
#75: More Ew. That's not shade, it was a valid point. Pretty unabashed OMGUS.
#83: You're being active, I wouldn't call it proactive.
#89: But one of those was RVS...am I misreading something?
#107: Okay not his post but A50's, apparently Dunn gets run up a lot on day 1 accordin to Gamma, and a50 is reads him town. Doesn't mean he is immune to a scum role PM but that gives context I guess.
#142: Actually does read town, agree with Gamma.
# 197: Haha, now that's shade. That's how shade is thrown.

Overall a headstrong slot, I think with the lack of other strong personalities in this game it might work for you instead of against you here.

Clemency

#101/#102: Unless "dab" is a significant contribution I'm unaware of, we are on 6 posts with nothing useful outside an RVS vote and no meaningful engagement with other players
#155: Okay seriously wtf how are people letting this guy gallivant around uselessly like this 7 pages in
#175: Sheeping a town read okay cool that's almost contribution.
#216: Okay great still nothing original to contribute
#217: I haven't

0verki11

#46 is good.
#173 is good.
#222 looks like the reasoning comes from town.

Not a lot of super strong tells but town seems fairly likely for this slot.

Persivul

Spoiler: Probably Town
#65/#66: Waiting before he shows his hand for Gamma's reaction is nice. Very Socratic type of play. Interested in reactions and thus alignment.
#76: More of the that
#115: I like you noticed this but agree he was just feigning confidence for reactions as he later stated.
#202: Is good pressure.

Probably my strongest town read. Seems the most engaged and the most direct. Definitely a drive to discern alignment and not just drive lynches.

Almost50

#12: Okay, interesting. Are you implying we shouldn't take that at face value? Is there any reason to doubt the claim?
#118: Everything on this page seems town from A50. I like the questions he is asking and the interactions with Pers.
#214: You know if you say your vote is for a specific reaction you pretty much forfeit that reaction from happening right?

Going back and forth with this. Some fluff (like #12 above, and to a lesser extent #214), and the whole IC thing and posting in the wrong thread is making a little unsure where to place him because if he is that disengaged I don't know how confident I can be in any tells I think I pick up.

PenguinPower

Spoiler: Town
He's the IC. Duh.

Lovebird

#105 I like the early reads even if at this point I don't agree with Dunn. LB seems to be playing transparently.

I like the amount of reads but the lack of explanation and proactive engagement is nullifying that. Seems like a pattern of swooping in, giving vague reads, then leaving.

General thoughts:
Not as confident in my reads as I normally am. Too many people (Egix, Maria, Reaper, Clemency) have gotten away with mainly fluff posting and it makes it really hard to discern alignment. Also, leaving your votes parked on a lurker slot to pressure the replacement? Seems mainly like an excuse to not engage with other players. What if it took a while to find a replacement? And the fact that the closest we've gotten to a lynch is L-3...explains why I am having trouble with the reads. Wagons generate content.

Also, just going to head off the OMGUS accusations now: Yes, I realize two of my scum reads are on my wagon. No, I don't think they are both scum (I don't think scum would wagon back to back like that), but I think that's where pressure needs to go and I bet one of them is.

Also, disclaimer, this is an alt of Slaxx, I just can't access the account currently. So if meta is your thing have at it. I have a couple completed games on this guy as well from a while back.
from C9++ and it doesnt read overly aggresive to me, so im wondering where transparant reads like this have been this game

i mean quite a few of the reads are just

"good post"
"okay"
"good"
"ew"

but i feel this is a transparantly towny post for your third post of that game.
sorry i cant spoiler it its just BBcode fuckery
Show

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:16 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I played this differently intentionally and overcorrected. If I explain more I defeat the purpose of why I did in the first place.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:16 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Also, I got lynched that game, shortly after that post, so... wish you were in that game.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 594, Slaxx wrote:I played this differently intentionally and overcorrected. If I explain more I defeat the purpose of why I did in the first place.
i understand you are playing this differently, thats why i was grilling those questions at you.

this isnt about playstyle, this is about the type of your reads.

its certainly not 100% AI i change the way i do my reads almost every game, but i was seeing how you would answer and respond to those questions
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:19 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 595, Slaxx wrote:Also, I got lynched that game, shortly after that post, so... wish you were in that game.
:shifty: :shifty:
Show

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 596, Eragon wrote:
In post 594, Slaxx wrote:I played this differently intentionally and overcorrected. If I explain more I defeat the purpose of why I did in the first place.
i understand you are playing this differently, thats why i was grilling those questions at you.

this isnt about playstyle, this is about the type of your reads.

its certainly not 100% AI i change the way i do my reads almost every game, but i was seeing how you would answer and respond to those questions
Oh. I don’t change the way I read people because despite recent evidence to the contrary I’m relatively confident it still works for me.

HOW I went about doing reads and sharing them definitely changed.

When you said reads I thought you meant the analysis piece not the communication piece.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by Eragon »

eh this was honestly probably just another stupid train of thought i was just scrolling games and i saw that and i was like "holy fuck thats towny" but i havent gotten any feels like that this game
Show

Return to “Completed Open Games”