Open 745: 9:12 [Game Over]

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Eragon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #600  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:20 pm

In post 598, Slaxx wrote:
In post 596, Eragon wrote:
In post 594, Slaxx wrote:I played this differently intentionally and overcorrected. If I explain more I defeat the purpose of why I did in the first place.


i understand you are playing this differently, thats why i was grilling those questions at you.

this isnt about playstyle, this is about the type of your reads.

its certainly not 100% AI i change the way i do my reads almost every game, but i was seeing how you would answer and respond to those questions


Oh. I don’t change the way I read people because despite recent evidence to the contrary I’m relatively confident it still works for me.

HOW I went about doing reads and sharing them definitely changed.

When you said reads I thought you meant the analysis piece not the communication piece.


ah
Show

Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 01, 2010
Location: Indy
Pronoun: He

Post Post #601  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:21 pm

In post 599, Eragon wrote:eh this was honestly probably just another stupid train of thought i was just scrolling games and i saw that and i was like "holy fuck thats towny" but i havent gotten any feels like that this game


I don’t think any train of thought that might help sort is a stupid train of thought.

Eragon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #602  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:23 pm

In post 601, Slaxx wrote:
In post 599, Eragon wrote:eh this was honestly probably just another stupid train of thought i was just scrolling games and i saw that and i was like "holy fuck thats towny" but i havent gotten any feels like that this game


I don’t think any train of thought that might help sort is a stupid train of thought.



me pushing you for asking the same question on the same page


Image
Show

rooroo
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: December 04, 2018
Pronoun: She

Post Post #603  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:24 pm

In post 589, Slaxx wrote:
In post 588, Eragon wrote:
In post 587, Slaxx wrote:
In post 584, Eragon wrote:like based around your normal town game do you feel this is about average or sub-par?


This game for me is subpar but I played it different intentionally.


you played it different read-wise or just playstyle wise?


Playstyle wise. Normally I’m transparent and aggressive but that has gotten me killed before I could be useful in redflag which is ended and another I can’t talk about.


Nothing can stop mastina from gamethrowing
washed upside-down

Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 01, 2010
Location: Indy
Pronoun: He

Post Post #604  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:26 pm

In post 602, Eragon wrote:
In post 601, Slaxx wrote:
In post 599, Eragon wrote:eh this was honestly probably just another stupid train of thought i was just scrolling games and i saw that and i was like "holy fuck thats towny" but i havent gotten any feels like that this game


I don’t think any train of thought that might help sort is a stupid train of thought.



me pushing you for asking the same question on the same page


Image


OH I think I get what’s going on here now. I thought maybe after the dodgy eye emoticons lol.


So, here’s the deal. If you read over the last page one or two more times and my first couple posts today you’ll get Me. Whether you believe it or not is your call.

Eragon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #605  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:26 pm

In post 604, Slaxx wrote:
In post 602, Eragon wrote:
In post 601, Slaxx wrote:
In post 599, Eragon wrote:eh this was honestly probably just another stupid train of thought i was just scrolling games and i saw that and i was like "holy fuck thats towny" but i havent gotten any feels like that this game


I don’t think any train of thought that might help sort is a stupid train of thought.



me pushing you for asking the same question on the same page


Image


OH I think I get what’s going on here now. I thought maybe after the dodgy eye emoticons lol.


So, here’s the deal. If you read over the last page one or two more times and my first couple posts today you’ll get Me. Whether you believe it or not is your call.



what
Show

Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 01, 2010
Location: Indy
Pronoun: He

Post Post #606  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:27 pm

In post 603, rooroo wrote:
In post 589, Slaxx wrote:
In post 588, Eragon wrote:
In post 587, Slaxx wrote:
In post 584, Eragon wrote:like based around your normal town game do you feel this is about average or sub-par?


This game for me is subpar but I played it different intentionally.


you played it different read-wise or just playstyle wise?


Playstyle wise. Normally I’m transparent and aggressive but that has gotten me killed before I could be useful in redflag which is ended and another I can’t talk about.


Nothing can stop mastina from gamethrowing


You know now that Ive aged seven years and have a Ritalin prescription to actually make it through her posts I Linda like her. Maybe too self confident but she feels way more self aware than she did, holy shit, almost a decade ago.

Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 01, 2010
Location: Indy
Pronoun: He

Post Post #607  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:28 pm

In post 605, Eragon wrote:
In post 604, Slaxx wrote:
In post 602, Eragon wrote:
In post 601, Slaxx wrote:
In post 599, Eragon wrote:eh this was honestly probably just another stupid train of thought i was just scrolling games and i saw that and i was like "holy fuck thats towny" but i havent gotten any feels like that this game


I don’t think any train of thought that might help sort is a stupid train of thought.



me pushing you for asking the same question on the same page


Image


OH I think I get what’s going on here now. I thought maybe after the dodgy eye emoticons lol.


So, here’s the deal. If you read over the last page one or two more times and my first couple posts today you’ll get Me. Whether you believe it or not is your call.



what


Woops I just totally thought you were hinting st something. Never mind.

Eragon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #608  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:29 pm

Image
Show

Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 01, 2010
Location: Indy
Pronoun: He

Post Post #609  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:32 pm

In post 608, Eragon wrote:Image


I just didn’t figure anyone knew about my enlarged prostate because I never shared it online idk

Eragon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #610  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:34 pm

is this just generally confusing or do i need food
Show

Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 01, 2010
Location: Indy
Pronoun: He

Post Post #611  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:38 pm

I’m as confused as you are because I thought you were hinting you were in that game on an alt and I tried to do a thing because I think you’re town but it didn’t work.

Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 01, 2010
Location: Indy
Pronoun: He

Post Post #612  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:40 pm

El fucking oh fucking el

How far we fall

Eragon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #613  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:42 pm

In post 611, Slaxx wrote:I’m as confused as you are because I thought you were hinting you were in that game on an alt and I tried to do a thing because I think you’re town but it didn’t work.


no i dont have an alt on MS (yet)

the eyes were because of you getting lynched D1 that game is a meme and shouldn't have happened
Show

Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 01, 2010
Location: Indy
Pronoun: He

Post Post #614  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:43 pm

In post 602, Eragon wrote:
In post 601, Slaxx wrote:
In post 599, Eragon wrote:eh this was honestly probably just another stupid train of thought i was just scrolling games and i saw that and i was like "holy fuck thats towny" but i havent gotten any feels like that this game


I don’t think any train of thought that might help sort is a stupid train of thought.



me pushing you for asking the same question on the same page


Image


Oh then what was this in reference to lol

I thought you were referencing the other game because I couldn’t think of what you were saying about this game

Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 01, 2010
Location: Indy
Pronoun: He

Post Post #615  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:45 pm

In post 613, Eragon wrote:
In post 611, Slaxx wrote:I’m as confused as you are because I thought you were hinting you were in that game on an alt and I tried to do a thing because I think you’re town but it didn’t work.


no i dont have an alt on MS (yet)

the eyes were because of you getting lynched D1 that game is a meme and shouldn't have happened


I got lynched because I got wise to A50 and had 2/3 scum pegged on day 1. 4 of the 12 players I scumread, 2 were in there. As it goes.

Eragon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 24, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #616  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:46 pm

In post 614, Slaxx wrote:
In post 602, Eragon wrote:
In post 601, Slaxx wrote:
In post 599, Eragon wrote:eh this was honestly probably just another stupid train of thought i was just scrolling games and i saw that and i was like "holy fuck thats towny" but i havent gotten any feels like that this game


I don’t think any train of thought that might help sort is a stupid train of thought.



me pushing you for asking the same question on the same page


Image


Oh then what was this in reference to lol

I thought you were referencing the other game because I couldn’t think of what you were saying about this game



this was this game.

like during my catchup i thought it was weird that you asked the same question on the same page

it was on page 2 or whatever

and then you helped me realize i was stupid
Show

Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 01, 2010
Location: Indy
Pronoun: He

Post Post #617  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:49 pm

Ohhhhh right because I didn’t get the answer I wanted from SA I think. Yeah.

CultOfAthena
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #618  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:01 pm

In post 558, rooroo wrote:hot take: athena didn't vote sa here because they're partners

this is the first time she's mentioned a scumread on sa and now only when he seems like a popular scumread even though I think his content was decently scummy on d1 and she supposedly expects him to be obvtown by meta

Have you considered that I wasn't around for essentially the majority of Day 1? I mean, I'm not sure when you're expecting me to have voiced this.

In post 562, Slaxx wrote:Bonus points for the fact she voted SA after me despite it being iffy logic to do so based on her own post.

I've explained myself, and I don't recall you responding. What exactly is "iffy"?

Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 01, 2010
Location: Indy
Pronoun: He

Post Post #619  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:23 pm

In post 541, CultOfAthena wrote:I mean, I suppose you could make the argument that Pink Ball was killed for having SA as his top townread and/or some other combination of who his scumreads were.

In post 449, Pink Ball wrote:@slaxx using your same metric:

Inv->Slaxx->Eragon-> /// kitcat->CoA->rooroo /// SA

Why do you have rooroo so up?

p-edit you already answered. I really think I can get a better read on rooroo on D2, but the way she's playing pings me. She could argue it's because of being an alt, but some things never change :cool:


Looking at this point certainly doesn't do any favors for Slaxx – it doesn't do any for Invis or Eragon, either, but that doesn't fit my confirmation bias, so I'm gonna choose to ignore it.

I don't really think the whole single-night NKA is very conclusive in the first place, so—absent a convincing argument to the contrary—I don't think I'm going to let it change my opinion all that much. Either way, conclusive or inconclusive, I still feel pretty good about where my vote's at right now.


Holy shit. That was from town to scum. Not scum to town.

I think I know why the night kill didn’t make much sense now.

Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 01, 2010
Location: Indy
Pronoun: He

Post Post #620  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:24 pm

In post 525, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 515, Slaxx wrote:... then why would you need convinces to vote SA if you think I’m scum half the time and he’s always scum?

It was part thinking that you're the higher value scum lynch as compared to a higher likelihood lynch and part just not wanting to change my vote after a single post, just on the principle of it.

In post 522, rooroo wrote:
In post 513, CultOfAthena wrote:Also, in my experience I've found people claiming things like this to somewhat reliably be scum. If someone's calling you out on something scummy (pocketing, manipulation, buddying, baiting, whatever) or basically just has you caught, you can't deny it and trying to deflect is unlikely to work ? the smart play as scum is just to own it and say that it doesn't have to be scum-indicative.


suppose you are doing one of those things. what would the town response be if admitting it isn't?

In my experience, town isn't doing those things and thus won't admit it. To an accusation of, say, pocketing, a townie would flat out deny that it was happening, likely because that wasn't their intention at all. In contrast, scum are more likely to think of themselves as caught and try to explain it away.

This isn't to claim that town never does those things - I'm not claiming some universal scumtell.


How do I respond to that top piece lmfao

CultOfAthena
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #621  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:34 pm

In post 619, Slaxx wrote:Holy shit. That was from town to scum. Not scum to town.

I think I know why the night kill didn’t make much sense now.

Oh, shows what I know.

Your second line is pretty ridiculous though. I mean, really?

Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 01, 2010
Location: Indy
Pronoun: He

Post Post #622  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:37 pm

In post 621, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 619, Slaxx wrote:Holy shit. That was from town to scum. Not scum to town.

I think I know why the night kill didn’t make much sense now.

Oh, shows what I know.

Your second line is pretty ridiculous though. I mean, really?


Maybe. I’m mulling it over. I think it’s weird he died and then I’m being pushed on that point and the kill really only makes sense in the context of that point, but that requires a partner to misread it as well so maybe not. There’s a reason I didn’t vote you.

CultOfAthena
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #623  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:55 pm

I find it hard to believe you actually had the thought in the first place, but whatever.

I figure that with the current gamestate scum probably needs me to be lynched, so I'm sort of waiting for the case or whatever to drop.

Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 01, 2010
Location: Indy
Pronoun: He

Post Post #624  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:01 pm

In post 623, CultOfAthena wrote:I find it hard to believe you actually had the thought in the first place, but whatever.

I figure that with the current gamestate scum probably needs me to be lynched, so I'm sort of waiting for the case or whatever to drop.


Which thought do you claim I didn’t have? If I really thought it was a “gotcha” thing I would have voted you, so I obviously had reservations.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Central Park