Open 745: 9:12 [Game Over]

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
kitcat
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 29, 2018
Pronoun: She

Post Post #650  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:00 am

Also I have no idea what his attitude towards bussing is

Invisibility
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #651  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:42 am

hi
my reads really havent changed that kinda sucks
like i felt like scumreading coa but that felt too confbiasy to get another read so i didnt
"invisibility is actually braindead" -- RadiantCowbells

dont play with me if you're on my blacklist (on my wiki page)

Invisibility
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #652  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:47 am

can people who are, like, organize the reasons why into one post
"invisibility is actually braindead" -- RadiantCowbells

dont play with me if you're on my blacklist (on my wiki page)

Invisibility
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #653  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:48 am

djjdjekthklrksjwjrotoh
people who are scumreading slaxx*
"invisibility is actually braindead" -- RadiantCowbells

dont play with me if you're on my blacklist (on my wiki page)

kitcat
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 29, 2018
Pronoun: She

Post Post #654  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:48 pm

* His tone pings me as being off
* I don't like the Eyes push (it specifically felt manipulative and baiting to me)
* I don't like how he was very very confident that Eyes was flipping scum and then switched to setting up lynches on eyes' green flip during twilight when I don't see a significant reason for his read to have changed.

Like I know this isn't particularly concrete but I don't have a good reason to townread him and my gut says a lot of things feel wrong.

All of this can be explained by differences in playstyle I guess but I'm just not vibing with much of what he's saying right now.

I also have a preponderance of townreads and I'm running out of places scum can be so the fact that I don't townread him is significant in its own right.

kitcat
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 29, 2018
Pronoun: She

Post Post #655  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:48 pm

Also I'm losing my townread on Vizzy a bit

Invisibility
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #656  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:53 pm

wow no one said anything okay
"invisibility is actually braindead" -- RadiantCowbells

dont play with me if you're on my blacklist (on my wiki page)

Invisibility
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #657  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:05 pm

kitcat where are you seeing the lining up lynches i didnt find it
"invisibility is actually braindead" -- RadiantCowbells

dont play with me if you're on my blacklist (on my wiki page)

Invisibility
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #658  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:21 pm

i'll look tomorrow maybe i'll find it
"invisibility is actually braindead" -- RadiantCowbells

dont play with me if you're on my blacklist (on my wiki page)

CultOfAthena
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #659  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:24 am

In post 649, kitcat wrote:Not sure if Slaxx was in a good enough position at daystart to deliberately bus day2 - I'm not sure if the bus would have been enough to propel him to a win in 3way

Meh, I'd argue that with the right NK choices, coming into Day 2 it'd look like he could. Both Invis and Eragon—if I'm recalling correctly—townread him, rooroo and I were both unknowns, and I think that he would have known that you'd scumread him. Not sure.

I'd argue that it's a decently playable strategy.

In post 651, Invisibility wrote:hi
my reads really havent changed that kinda sucks
like i felt like scumreading coa but that felt too confbiasy to get another read so i didnt

You just... felt like scumreading me? I'm not sure I get what you're saying here.

A lot of people seem to want to scumread me, but it doesn't feel like anyone's truly committed. I'm not entirely sure what to make of it yet.

Invisibility
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #660  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:52 am

"hi i think coa is scummy"
"actually nah its confbias because you want to come to a conclusion where there is a second scum
"invisibility is actually braindead" -- RadiantCowbells

dont play with me if you're on my blacklist (on my wiki page)

Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 01, 2010
Location: Indy
Pronoun: He

Post Post #661  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:00 am

I’m pretty much just ducking around until SA gets in here.

Invisibility
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #662  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:54 pm

@mod can you prod SA
"invisibility is actually braindead" -- RadiantCowbells

dont play with me if you're on my blacklist (on my wiki page)

Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 01, 2010
Location: Indy
Pronoun: He

Post Post #663  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:56 pm

In post 662, Invisibility wrote:@mod can you prod SA


He was on VLA until today.

I was getting wary he was letting me talk myself into a corner because it’s not looking good for me today but that wouldn’t be a fair accusation to make.

Invisibility
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #664  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:05 pm

oh yeah i looked again and i still couldnt find it
"invisibility is actually braindead" -- RadiantCowbells

dont play with me if you're on my blacklist (on my wiki page)

Invisibility
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #665  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:31 pm

In post 659, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 649, kitcat wrote:Not sure if Slaxx was in a good enough position at daystart to deliberately bus day2 - I'm not sure if the bus would have been enough to propel him to a win in 3way

Meh, I'd argue that with the right NK choices, coming into Day 2 it'd look like he could. Both Invis and Eragon—if I'm recalling correctly—townread him, rooroo and I were both unknowns, and I think that he would have known that you'd scumread him. Not sure.

I'd argue that it's a decently playable strategy.

In post 651, Invisibility wrote:hi
my reads really havent changed that kinda sucks
like i felt like scumreading coa but that felt too confbiasy to get another read so i didnt

You just... felt like scumreading me? I'm not sure I get what you're saying here.

A lot of people seem to want to scumread me, but it doesn't feel like anyone's truly committed. I'm not entirely sure what to make of it yet.

do you entirely sure what to make of it now
"invisibility is actually braindead" -- RadiantCowbells

dont play with me if you're on my blacklist (on my wiki page)

CultOfAthena
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #666  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:56 pm

Not really.

My ego wants to say that scum wants to scumread me but there really just isn't much there for them to try to case off of. Probably not the case, but eh. Perhaps more realistically—and less egotistically—is that people feel antsy having too many townreads and so the possibility of me being scum is a comforting one, even before people really have reasons for it. That might be a bit too much armchair psychology, though.

So, again. Not really.

Sleepless Assassin
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 13, 2009
Pronoun: He

Post Post #667  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:22 pm

Ok, let's see how much of a dent I can put in this read.

________________

Eragon:
“14 after somewhere around 9-10 posts in the thread, opening with a naked vote and then disappearing is a bit awkward, and I feel its just kinda… boring? I feel town opens up with a comment similar to cult of athena, with some sort of funny remark on the going-ons, but just dropping a vote and disappearing is… just kinda blegh. “


But as this was in RvS I didn’t make a huge deal out of it, it just started me off on a bad feel.


Looking at the time stamp, I "disappeared" because I went to bed. I explained the vote in 119

“31 this feels like unnessecary shade on kitcat, I could be wrong if I’m reading the implications wrong, and why do you think pink ball is a good vote?”

This was the post with “oh god kit cat still thinks scum doesn’t draw attention” and “pinkball is my second choice for vote.


Nah, I wasn't scumreading kitcat. On page 2, the "trust me" comment was why I wanted to pressure pink ball and try to read him better.

47 it might just be because I replaced in but I really don’t understand the reasoning behind this post or why you posted it.

Just explain plz


It was in response to post 32.

Then why did you say “kitcat still thinks scum doesn’t draw attention” or whatever you said?


Because she said someone was too attention grabbing to be scum. It had nothing to do with meta. I've never played with kitcat.

I dont see any bad timing with the RvS post and I feel it was a nice, natural post. I do agree cult got towny as the day went on(in a sense). Agree about Pinkball. Why is it towny that ofhrz pointed out he didn’t answer a question?


As I said, I realized after Cult posted more that I was off base, but it felt like Cult thought roo would be an easy target to push a Day 1 wagon on. ofhrz pointing out that he didn't answer a question felt town because if he had avoided the question as scum, I can't think of a reason why he'd bring it back up later. As town, it sounds more like he's trying to get a read on whoever asked the question.

"148 uhh I don’t understand this post please explain. And this does feel like shade actually, like “interesting, I dont know how or why you see this and its weird and confusing” just doesn’t sit right. I don’t feel that assassin and pinkball are ever SvS though.”


I didn't understand where the tunneling comment came from. It didn't feel like an accurate representation of what I was doing. I know he called me town for it, but I still wanted to dig into his thought process to see if it felt genuine or not. Basically, I wanted more of an explanation than what he gave.

“154 This is probably just semantics but stating “you’re probably the closest thing I have to a scumread” makes it sound you don’t actually have a scumread? Am I right in saying this or am I looking to much into wording?”


You've got it right. I never really got a scum read on Day 1 of this game. My votes were more to feel people out and try to read them better.

__________________________

rooroo wrote:also this is probably town? but whatever

rooroo wrote:idk I just lolhammered town penguinpower for an obviously fake reaction to a fakehammer that turned out to be real

town do a lot of ridiculous things and they do them more often than scum

^This could be scum who knew Eyes was town. Also don't like the "lol" reaction to Eyes power role hunting and telling scum to shoot her power role read. That move by Eyes was blatantly playing against her win condition. It could have fucked us over. I can't imagine why town would find that funny.

slaxx wrote:This flips scum.

“I developed reads slowly”

“I have the game solved”

Okay


This, on the other hand, sounds like town who is confident we lynched correctly.

Slaxx wrote:So I think town here means SA tomorrow, his vote looked the least organic

Slaxx wrote:And Roo for unique and thoughtful perspectives that seem hard for town to fake


Elaborate.

____________________

Will read Day 2 tomorrow at the latest.
3-2 as scum and 5-7 as town

kitcat
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 29, 2018
Pronoun: She

Post Post #668  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:00 pm

In post 657, Invisibility wrote:kitcat where are you seeing the lining up lynches i didnt find it


In post 416, Slaxx wrote:If Eyes is town it’s probably SA


In post 437, Slaxx wrote:SA wasn’t around for the lulz L-1 gambit either

So SA works with both flips


In post 457, Slaxx wrote:I’m saying kitcat looks more Townie if Eyes flips green. Even though that means my scumpool is smaller. Because like you said they weren’t being opportunistic.

If Eyes flips red then some of their posts could be I terpeted as giving Eyes an out or trying to discount the wagon.

Does that make sense?


And a bunch more. He did it for whatever alignment Eyes maybe flipped, so maybe this isn't as bad as I thought it was

kitcat
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 29, 2018
Pronoun: She

Post Post #669  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:02 pm

In post 659, CultOfAthena wrote:Meh, I'd argue that with the right NK choices, coming into Day 2 it'd look like he could. Both Invis and Eragon—if I'm recalling correctly—townread him, rooroo and I were both unknowns, and I think that he would have known that you'd scumread him. Not sure.

I'd argue that it's a decently playable strategy.


Eh, it might be doable in this playerlist. Do you think Slaxx kills Pink Ball there? If I remember correctly, I think Pink Ball was jiving with Slaxx and townreading him fairly hard.

Why do you think he'd think I'd be scumreading him? I don't think I said as such either way yeseterday

kitcat
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 29, 2018
Pronoun: She

Post Post #670  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:04 pm

In post 667, Sleepless Assassin wrote:Looking at the time stamp, I "disappeared" because I went to bed. I explained the vote in 119


Your vote was just sort of there and bandwagonish and I'm skeptical of it

kitcat
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 29, 2018
Pronoun: She

Post Post #671  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:07 pm

In post 667, Sleepless Assassin wrote:^This could be scum who knew Eyes was town. Also don't like the "lol" reaction to Eyes power role hunting and telling scum to shoot her power role read. That move by Eyes was blatantly playing against her win condition. It could have fucked us over. I can't imagine why town would find that funny.


I htought those posts of rooroo's were actually fairly townie.

I don't think the 'lol' was at Eyes per se, or at finding him funny, more at the absurdity of the situation as a whole

Sleepless Assassin
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 13, 2009
Pronoun: He

Post Post #672  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:46 am

In post 670, kitcat wrote:
In post 667, Sleepless Assassin wrote:Looking at the time stamp, I "disappeared" because I went to bed. I explained the vote in 119


Your vote was just sort of there and bandwagonish and I'm skeptical of it


My vote was the first one there and only sat there until page 5.

In post 671, kitcat wrote:
In post 667, Sleepless Assassin wrote:^This could be scum who knew Eyes was town. Also don't like the "lol" reaction to Eyes power role hunting and telling scum to shoot her power role read. That move by Eyes was blatantly playing against her win condition. It could have fucked us over. I can't imagine why town would find that funny.


I htought those posts of rooroo's were actually fairly townie.

I don't think the 'lol' was at Eyes per se, or at finding him funny, more at the absurdity of the situation as a whole


Still not a funny situation.
3-2 as scum and 5-7 as town

Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 01, 2010
Location: Indy
Pronoun: He

Post Post #673  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:26 am

How do I elaborate more on Roo? Seems straightforward. Unique perspective I have a hard time believing is manufactured.

Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 01, 2010
Location: Indy
Pronoun: He

Post Post #674  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:29 am

Mainly no alignment discernment attempt in the vote. The uhhhh how doesn’t come across as sincere and the rest is a rehash of my points

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Central Park