Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:14 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 2.Final

TargetWagon
Vedith
(5)
Dr Worm (), RadiantCowbells (), PenguinPower (), Draco Lucky (), Vedith ()
Micc
(2)
Dannflor (), BBMolla ()
BBMolla
(1)
xwing ()
Not Voting
(1)
Succinct

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Vedith has been lynched.

Mod Notes:
xwing is V/LA on weekends.

Succinct replaces Micc.
Last edited by northsidegal on Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by Vedith »

If you're scum RC you've just made one of the worst fake pushes I've ever seen.
I claim scum \o/
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:23 pm

Post by northsidegal »

It was hard to follow up such a high-publicity arrest, and Internal Affairs didn't expect to have a bombshell case every time.

The investigators had their suspicions against him, but they couldn't come up with anything conclusive. That wasn't going to stop them, however.

Amid pressure from higher up and the threat of being moved to permanent desk duty, spending the rest of his years sorting records and filing away papers, Vedith quietly resigned, never to be seen around the station again.

Vedith was lynched. He was a
Vengecop

Night 2 begins now and ends in (expired on 2019-02-22 20:22:59).

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:35 am

Post by northsidegal »

Night deadline is paused at 1 day, 10 hours while I resolve something.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by northsidegal »

JunkoChan actually replaces Micc.

Don't discuss this.

The Night 2 deadline is in (expired on 2019-02-23 05:33:59). Thank you for your patience.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:49 pm

Post by northsidegal »

It's funny what you can find cleaning out an old desk. Vedith's old desk held something particularly interesting – a nondescript beige envelop.

It was nearly thrown out by the Janitor until he heard the rattling coming from within.

Inside were photographs, tax audits, tape recordings of conversations, all of Vedith's old beat partner. Strangely enough, while the source was somewhat dubious, the evidence all pointed to one indisputable conclusion: PenguinPower was a clean cop.

PenguinPower is aligned with the
Town

What the Internal Affairs investigators didn't realize was that their presence and the notability they were bringing to the investigation of the Mafia was disrupting an ongoing undercover investigation.

The months of deception, of infiltration – they were going to fuck it all up, he thought to himself, stepping into the parlor. Today was the culmination of months of undercover work, and the Mob boss he was talking to being antsy because of what was in the papers would not help things.

"You know who I am?"
"I know you."
"You have been talking to the Tattaglia family...right? I think you and I can do business. I need someone strong like you. I heard you are not happy with your current family—with the Corleone Family. Want to join me?"
"What's in it for me?"
"$50,000 -- to start with."
"Not bad."
"So then...", he said, offering his hand. "Agreed?"

As he reached out to seal the deal and finally move one step closer to taking down the scum of the city, a garrote was wrapped around his neck.

RadiantCowbells sleeps with the fishes. He was a
Vengecop

Day 3 begins.

things fall apart
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:00 am

Post by BBmolla »

VOTE: Junkochan
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:25 am

Post by Dannflor »

This is some lovely flavor nsg
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:28 am

Post by Dannflor »

That was a really unfortunate end of day phase in the end, though I'm a little surprised those both ended up flipping town

It means I have to revisit my reads because while I still believe the Micc/Junko slot is most likely scum I'm having a little trouble seeing a partner right off the bat.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:40 am

Post by Dannflor »

less color variety rainbow reads list \o/

Draco
- I feel like a lot of attention is going to go here next after the flips but I... still think this is town? Re-ISOing Draco today has just strengthened this read honestly. For starters, I don't think #793 ever actually comes from scum. PP is town for this too but (obviously) that's irrelevant. Basically, scum doesn't hop on this wagon like this ever. Instead of staying on the safer Micc wagon Draco shifted in a rather blunt way to a mislynch. That move makes Draco one of the prime investigation targets that night (Vedith probably chose PP for similar reasons), which compounds with the fact he'd already faced a good amount of pressure/suspicion. I don't know why a scum!Draco here wouldn't just stay on the wagon he was already on and let the lynch go through without him, it would've attracted a lot less attention. I suppose it's possible he thought he was already doomed and wanted to ensure a mislynch would go through, but that seems highly questionable to me

I still don't think the conversation in #504 is faked. It's a very high level of detail and I don't think it's a tactic scum uses to try and save their ass. I town read his entire attitude throughout the game, particularly in posts like #517 where despite being under pressure he's still showing a drive to solve the game and asks RC to challenge his reasoning on certain slots. Overall, he seems like somewhat frustrated town that's still trying to solve despite being under pressure.

BBMolla
- So, a couple people have said my argument for BBMolla is just "too wolfy to be wolf" and not a great basis. I guess that's part of it, but I also don't think there's scum motivation in entering the game like he did and not reading the thread. I'm not trying to read effort as alignment indicative, but I do think his initial vote coming into the game comes from a town place, and his lack of detailed followup does not come from a scum place. Scum would want to milk the shit out of that and analyzing people's reactions to his self vote in order to appear towny.

Other than that, I do think there's just some things BBMolla has said that scum just... don't? #173 and #197 are the best examples of this. Don't think scum admits to skimming the thread, at least not so readily. Don't think scum tosses out a free town read on what could be a lynch-baity slot depending on the player list's reactions to Dr Worm.

Oh also the fact that OK was one of the people who tried to invalidate my town read on BBmolla early makes me think it's correct

xwing
- Mixed on this slot. Kinda worried my early paranoia here was correct, and that I just gave xwing what they needed to be more familiarly town!xwing in my eyes. This is probably a slot I should do a proper meta dive on when I get the time, because a lot of my gut feelings on this slot comes from a sample size of 1 game I completed with them.

Reading back over the previous day, I was looking for people that were playing *not* to be investigated. Especially as a potential Micc partner, xwing really fits this bill imo. #606 and #663 ping me the most. In the first, xwing soft-defends Micc and then votes BBmolla, someone I'm pretty sure is town but also someone no else had really expressed interest in voting. It's a vanity vote, especially when the main two wagons of the day (excluding the surprise Vedith one) had already been established. BBmolla was never gonna be the lynch yesterday, and it's not like xwing really tries to sway people over to this wagon, which they should be doing if they really believe this slot is scum. It's too safe of a vote.

The second post also reads like someone not trying very hard to get people to vote bbmolla, and from my experience with xwing I feel like they're a stronger player than that.

1) reason for scum read is based on style? but also says they can't read the style
2) ignores the explanation bbmolla did give for voting micc that was pretty valid
3) fair ig, but had already been discussed
4) not a reason

Overall, just a very weak vanity vote that ignores the main wagons and doesn't really try to start a new one or take any strong stances. From what I know, I feel like xwing can be stronger than this as town, but tonally, they're very similar to my meta with them. next thing I do here is a proper meta dive and try to do it as objectively as possible

Dr Worm
- The Worm pinged me on reread for mostly the same reasons xwing did. It's a vanity vote that looks more like an attempt to avoid being investigated than actually looking for scum. Worm's reasoning for his vote is much stronger than xwings. However, the reasoning was essentially setup preflip by Worm in D1, so I don't think a scum!worm setting up a place to go D2 that doesn't look too suspicious is out of the question. His reads on the two most likely wagons to go through yesterday were "Draco is town by heart but brain not sure" (fence sitty but doesn't invite suspicion) and "micc scum by poe". Neither are particularly strong stances and especially if the Draco lynch is town it's a good way to avoid an investigation there.

#650 kinda does the same thing except it's trying to lowkey pocket the person he's voting? It seems like a useless post to make otherwise as it's not enough for him to actually change his vote. I also find it weird that Dr Worm doesn't question or try to poke at the Draco push more considering he had him as a town lean. However, I still town read a few of his earlier observations on specific players that I've mentioned before. Since I think Micc is very likely scum, I think it's likely only 1 of xwing/Worm is scum

Micc/Junko
- I've explained why already. Still think this is probably the best lynch and should have happened yesterday. I'll vote here in 24 hours, just want to give a chance for others to post reads after flips and give time for me to get a few more of my thoughts together. I don't really trust people won't just speed lynch

tldr:
micc/junko still good lynch - one of dr worm or xwing as prob partner

draco/bbmolla town (and pp obviously)
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:42 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 606, xwing wrote:what do you think are your major contributions in this game for this particular day, and why?
also xwing what was the purpose of this question?
Draco Lucky
Draco Lucky
Goon
Draco Lucky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:10 am

Post by Draco Lucky »

In post 758, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 113, Creature wrote:I'll come up and say Mr Worm, PP and xwing are town
btw i suspect creature was killed because this is right
In post 759, RadiantCowbells wrote:{RC, PP, xwing, worm}
molla ????
{Micc, Draco}
{Vedith, Dannflor} btw
this seems relevant. Added note: RC later said that he had micc too low on the list

-U2
Hydra of Slaxx and u r a person 2
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:47 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Oh poop. I hate being IC.
<(") | (")>
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:44 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 811, Draco Lucky wrote:
molla ????
{Micc, Draco}
{Vedith, Dannflor} btw
this seems relevant. Added note: RC later said that he had micc too low on the list

-U2
In my experience, mafia always kills whoever they think is more treatening or whoever is not scumreading them

Assumung we are all at least semi experienced here the first one is less likely, by killing RC who had the same reads as Creature it basicly locktowns those reads

Tbh I don't understand how after all that happened day 2 Dr.worm is still not dead

VOTE: Dr.worm

Unralated: I became what what I hate the most, a replacement ugh this is trully despair inducing<3
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Draco Lucky
Draco Lucky
Goon
Draco Lucky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:33 am

Post by Draco Lucky »

In post 813, JunkoChan wrote:Tbh I don't understand how after all that happened day 2 Dr.worm is still not dead

V
welcome junko! Thanks for replacing

Could you explain this?

-U2
Draco Lucky
Draco Lucky
Goon
Draco Lucky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:37 am

Post by Draco Lucky »

@junko

Also, would you mind giving a read on each slot when you have time? Appreciate ya

-U2
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:16 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 815, Draco Lucky wrote:@junko

Also, would you mind giving a read on each slot when you have time? Appreciate ya

-U2
I guess I have to, since micc apparently never gave a concrete list, I will once I get home from work, around 8-9 hours feom now

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Dr Worm
Dr Worm
NOT A REAL DOCTOR
Dr Worm
NOT A REAL DOCTOR
NOT A REAL DOCTOR

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:42 am

Post by Dr Worm »

JUNKACHON thinkgs DR WORM is HANG LOW FRUIT but DR WORM is GETTING BETTER at MAFIA!!

DR WORM HAMMERED SCUM DAY ONE!!

DR WORM not so GREAT day two..

JUNKACHON is SCUM in my HEART and my MIND!!

VOTE: JUNKACHON!!
Draco Lucky
Draco Lucky
Goon
Draco Lucky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:54 am

Post by Draco Lucky »

@Dr Worm

Who do you think Junko's partner might be?
Draco Lucky
Draco Lucky
Goon
Draco Lucky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:54 am

Post by Draco Lucky »

-U2
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:38 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 817, Dr Worm wrote:JUNKACHON thinkgs DR WORM is HANG LOW FRUIT but DR WORM is GETTING BETTER at MAFIA!!

DR WORM HAMMERED SCUM DAY ONE!!

DR WORM not so GREAT day two..

JUNKACHON is SCUM in my HEART and my MIND!!

VOTE: JUNKACHON!!
I don't think you are a low hanging fruit, actually i said i feel like we are all at least semi-experienced

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:39 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 811, Draco Lucky wrote:
molla ????
{Micc, Draco}
{Vedith, Dannflor} btw

-U2
Possibly? I think RC was more likely killed because Vedith said he’d investigate him. I’m not putting a ton of stock in his reads because he was both wrong in his solve, you’re pretty confident town, and Micc is pretty confident scum
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:41 am

Post by Dannflor »

JunkoChan, town reads? Reads on slots other than Dr Worm?
Draco Lucky
Draco Lucky
Goon
Draco Lucky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:42 am

Post by Draco Lucky »

In post 821, Dannflor wrote:Possibly? I think RC was more likely killed because Vedith said he’d investigate him. I’m not putting a ton of stock in his reads because he was both wrong in his solve, you’re pretty confident town, and Micc is pretty confident scum
yeah, im sure vedith had something to do with the kill. Not arguing that.

Same question to you as Dr. Worm, though.

Who is scum!Junko's partner?

-U2
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:43 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 822, Dannflor wrote:JunkoChan, town reads? Reads on slots other than Dr Worm?
I'm still at work giving a detailed list later

Return to “Completed Open Games”