Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 2198, Fuscosco wrote:
In post 2196, Skygazer wrote:someone send me their big sleep energy so i can sleep well tonight
Sorry, Its a big day for me tomorrow.

Whats the occasion?
the occasion is i want to be well rested for once in my life :p
Golden RASpberry
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by Golden RASpberry »

In post 2150, schadd_ wrote:with 12 alive, it takes 7 to choose a group. the group phase ends june 20th at 22:40 central US time; in 10 days, 1 hour, 13 minutes
hi schadd_

is this accurate or does the party phase end 7 days earlier? /this is the final day deadline?
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by schadd_ »

hi

yeah my bad should be (expired on 2019-06-13 22:40:00)
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

Golden RASpberry
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:26 pm

HEAL: Golden RASpberry

L-1 btw
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:28 pm

Post by Skygazer »

HEAL: Golden RASpberry

ahaha get quickhammered noob
Golden RASpberry
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:32 pm

we were both already voting me fml
We're L-2 still
Golden RASpberry
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:33 pm

also obligatory
In post 2204, Skygazer wrote:HEAL: Golden RASpberry

ahaha get quickhammered noob
arrgghh noouuuu
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:21 pm

Post by RedPanda »

In post 2181, Golden RASpberry wrote:For the record this is where we're at. You've spoken about being a townhunting-heavy player which is convenient, because I am too. I think your townreads are probably mostly correct i.e. {IBL, Fus, us, skyg, cheeky}.
I've just been having a quick look through your ISO and from what I can tell:
1) The Yumeko read is due to a change in posting levels from a previous game / because she feels lacklustre. She's not high in my townpile either, but I actually don't mind her posting.
2) From what I can tell you're not gleaning a lot from PenguinPower's posts; are you looking for a toneread there? It's pretty hard to get a confident toneread on Penguin as either alignment unless he posts pretty frantically.

I think that you've more or less got the clear townies worked out, but the pile which contains 2-3 scum of {Titus, Bob, Yumeko, Penguin} is probably closer to containing 4 nullreads/"not townreads" rather than two nulls and two scum. Do you think that's fair?
I find townhunting to be a better strategy because townies also exhibit scummy behaviour. They lie, selfdestruct, play too careful, lurk etc..
I am Poeing scum from my reads too and even if someone pings something in me that I deem to be scummy, I just slightly take a note of it. Penguinpower is a null read and so is yumeko. I can tell this is PP's playstyle but this playstyle is so dangerous and antitown because scum will never nk him and town can never read him. I would say unclebob is closer to the null pile than titus and If you'd like, I will spoiler the posts of unclebob and titus which gave me something more than the other two later.
In post 2181, Golden RASpberry wrote:wrt EAF, I think that's the read I want to talk to you about the most. Going by your 1101, you townread him but it appears to already be an established read. I've had a quick look through your ISO and I won't quote every time you've said Edgar or EAF or anything, but I'm not really sure how you came to the read.

Would you mind giving a quick summary (maybe like a couple of sentences or half a paragraph or something) on why you think his approach to the game is town indicative? For reference, our synopsis on why he's scum:
Yes, it was an established read. I townread TRT and EAF and two different players on the same slot giving me townreads is something I take seriously. I will reread EAF today based on what you said and I will spoiler the posts that both these slots made that gave me a townread.
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:27 pm

Post by RedPanda »

Also lynching in the pool with two scum is better than lynching in the pool with 1 because it's not even guaranteed that the pool has one scum. Let there be a kill in the party before we even attempt to lynch.
Golden RASpberry
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:29 pm

Yeah, that'd be great. Casing him outright would be super boring. I'd rather a conversation. For what it's worth I agree with you about townhunting but don't think PP's style is "antitown".. It's effective, and I'd call his towngame somewhat better than his scumgame. I understand that it's difficult to gauge at first if you're used to different styles and tonalities, but he's definitely a solid town player.

(pocketing irl sry penguin)
Golden RASpberry
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:33 pm

In post 2208, RedPanda wrote:Also lynching in the pool with two scum is better than lynching in the pool with 1 because it's not even guaranteed that the pool has one scum. Let there be a kill in the party before we even attempt to lynch.
Sorry, but we will be pushing our strongest scumread. If you want to case a slot outside the wagon so we can jam about it a bit more I'm down for that. But EAF is scum. The fact he's in the party isn't a meaningful point against lynching him.

At rand, allowing there's a 25% chance of hitting the scum in the party. At rand, there is a 25% chance of hitting the scum outside the party.

With reads taken into account (IL and Fusco are absolutely town; duppin is very very likely town; EAF is explicitly wolfy) we are 100% likely to hit scum by lynching EAF. Doing this makes the party relevant.

Please understand not lynching semi-caught, clearly-scum slots on the proviso that they may be soft guiltied later in the game via a death occurring in the party (this puts them in a trichotomy (1/3 slots have to be scum)), is not a high town ev strategy.

I get where you're coming from, but defending EAF mechanically in advance of reconsidering your reads won't help us. Both of our heads think you're town. We need you to have an open mind.
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by RedPanda »

Alright, I have to tell you though that I'm afraid of titus making fun of me post game for calling her a safe player.
Golden RASpberry
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:49 pm

LOL
it's ok, if we don't try with a risk of being embarrassed post-game are we really trying at all? :P
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:28 pm

Post by Titus »

Yeah, well I haven't been trying much due to IRL so I get the easy push a bit.

I really don't care for a hydra subbing in and immediately getting voted into the party. The party being static is why it's good.

And he has me as scum for objecting....
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:49 pm

Post by Fuscosco »

In post 2200, Skygazer wrote:the occasion is i want to be well rested for once in my life :p
:o

Well, then you can retroactively have it
Golden RASpberry
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:23 pm

Fusco, Penguin, Yumeko, duppin: when you guys check in next we need you to make a call on healing or not healing us. We're pretty close to the party deadline. We still have time to handle the lynch.
Inbred Lannisters
Inbred Lannisters
Goon
Inbred Lannisters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:15 am

Post by Inbred Lannisters »

In post 2195, Golden RASpberry wrote:
In post 2192, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:While Joff can possibly see 2187 as reaction testing, I can’t recall a comparable post like that in the history of mafia, ever coming from town.
^ where I'm at tbh
In post 2213, Titus wrote:Yeah, well I haven't been trying much due to IRL so I get the easy push a bit.

I really don't care for a hydra subbing in and immediately getting voted into the party. The party being static is why it's good.

@Titus, what are your thoughts on 2187?

~T
We are not questioning your logic, we are denying its existence.
Inbred Lannisters
Inbred Lannisters
Goon
Inbred Lannisters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:17 am

Post by Inbred Lannisters »

In post 2215, Golden RASpberry wrote:Fusco, Penguin, Yumeko, duppin: when you guys check in next we need you to make a call on healing or not healing us. We're pretty close to the party deadline. We still have time to handle the lynch.
+1
We are not questioning your logic, we are denying its existence.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:14 am

Post by PenguinPower »

HEAL: Golden RAS

Pocketing successful.

I have to say the addition of RAS to duck makes me uberparanoid I’m not going to be able to correctly read the slot but...oh well.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:17 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Oh...I’m anti town. Sorry - “ducking” back out then.
<(") | (")>
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:19 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2216, Inbred Lannisters wrote:
In post 2195, Golden RASpberry wrote:
In post 2192, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:While Joff can possibly see 2187 as reaction testing, I can’t recall a comparable post like that in the history of mafia, ever coming from town.
^ where I'm at tbh
In post 2213, Titus wrote:Yeah, well I haven't been trying much due to IRL so I get the easy push a bit.

@Titus, what are your thoughts on 2187?

~T
Someone who doesn't give a damn regardless of alignment but I am in the same place.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:13 am

Post by Fuscosco »

In post 2215, Golden RASpberry wrote:Fusco, Penguin, Yumeko, duppin: when you guys check in next we need you to make a call on healing or not healing us. We're pretty close to the party deadline. We still have time to handle the lynch.
We killing EAF? Cuz Im taking the silence from them as a bad sign
Golden RASpberry
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Golden RASpberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:01 am

In post 2187, Edgar Allan Foe wrote:I mean shit man, minus the fact that I know it's wrong by nature of my role PM that's a pretty convincing case? Fuck, I'd vote me if I wasn't me, based on that case. I accept my lynch, unfortunate as it is. Seems my attempt sot change my playstyle to be less hyperactive just resulted in my stuff turning to shit. Apologies. At the very least let's replace me with Golden within the party, because there's ~0.0001% odds it flips scum.

Let me use the maximum amount of time available to put down plans for what happens when their solve ISN'T accurate and we have to re-calibrate.

And then I'll root? Rot? From the dead PT.
After this I think so, yeah. Despite the fact the tone of this is outright defeated there are a couple of scum indications within this post as well. Nancy kinda mentioned it but this post never comes from town.
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:09 am

Post by Fuscosco »

yea, these defeatist posts are always bad.
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:09 am

Post by Fuscosco »

HEAL: GRAS

Return to “Completed Open Games”