Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:31 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 35, James Brafin wrote:Hey everyone, I’m James Brafin.
Some things to know:
I policy vote/lynch toxicity. Period. I don’t want it in my game. It’s no fun for anyone.
Fuck you.
I don’t like RVS. I’ve heard it said that it builds information, but how can you build information on no foundation? So I’m abstaining my vote. When I put it up you can assume your RVS is over.
Kind of agree. I don't think you can get near as much from RVS as some people think. But as to foundation - meta is somewhat of a foundation.
I’m also doing a touch of research to improve my preliminary reads, so if I ask a weird question just play along.

Speaking of weird questions, I’d appreciate it if everyone would answer this:
If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
Your sister's house. I hear she's freaky.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:32 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Hi James. I actually really like where I am here in Florida. Great tennis weather pretty much all year round.
In post 40, implosion wrote:Anyway.

Town:
Gamma
James
Jackal
Nah.

Phil is likely town though.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:33 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 39, implosion wrote:
In post 32, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 30, implosion wrote:phil is basically guaranteed to either be scum or towntell very hard very quickly when put under pressure so let's go friends
What Meta Gives You Such An Impression
None?
So you're just guessing?
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:36 am

Post by Phillammon »

I'll be honest, that was definitely the case in the past, but I'd like to think I've changed somewhat in the five years since I last played a game here. People did always tend to draw very strong, very fast reads on me.

Their accuracy left something to be desired, but hey.
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:36 am

Post by Phillammon »

Dryfit, any specific reads on that list you disagree with, or just generically don't feel they're good?
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:21 am

Post by James Brafin »

All responses noted.
To those who have an issue: I understand your concern, but I promise there is a very good reason for this. Let’s just say I’m trying to change the game so to speak.
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Get to know a handsome potato: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=76837
Making the world more educated, one uneducated person at a time.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:27 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 35, James Brafin wrote: Speaking of weird questions, I’d appreciate it if everyone would answer this:
For me, it’s somewhere in the north, where you get decent snow. Nebraska, maybe?
Thanks,
JB
Will this have some kind of follow-up this time? Last time with the food question it ended nowhere. (I liked though that the Italian food answer actually came from scum)

I don't need to live somewhere else.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:28 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 40, implosion wrote:Anyway.

Town:
Gamma
James
Jackal
I think it's too soon to lean town on James for that.

But why Jackal?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:28 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 55, James Brafin wrote:All responses noted.
To those who have an issue: I understand your concern, but I promise there is a very good reason for this. Let’s just say I’m trying to change the game so to speak.
I was toxic. Why aren't you voting me?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:42 am

Post by James Brafin »

In post 43, Phillammon wrote:No, I'm voting them because they are refusing to volunteer information that'll help me form a read on them, and applying pressure is a good way to
force
them to volunteer information that'll help me form a read on them.
In post 45, Phillammon wrote:Sakura leaning scum, you leaning town, brafin was leaning scum til I did a meta search at which point it became "null but learn more"
In post 41, Phillammon wrote:Implosion, sure, still a damn sight more than I am comfortable with that early on.

VOTE: James Brafin the entire point of RVS is that someone *does* have information, and we're trying to see who it is. A brief search suggests you do this every game, but I still don't like that at all.

Probably relatively northerly here too, but given I live north of 42 degrees, our calibrations for what constitutes north may differ :P
So A) your reason to vote me is shit. You should know, if you actually meta-dived, that if you vote me I feel no pressure.
B) This method is inherently flawed imo, because it relies on the fact that we focus on spontaneous wagons that have no structure and/or TvT, SvT, or similar, neither of which scum is stupid enough to get into at this point in the game and reveal they know things. So we end up with a D1 mislynch that didn’t really provide any information because the information we think we are gathering doesn’t exist or is being manipulated by scum. Alternatively, it’s hard to fake answering a question, and assuming everyone participates, it should tell you a little about playstyle, even if the question has no bearing on the game. For example, both you and Gamma are heavily reliant on RVS, and you use your votes as pressure to attempt to form reads. All of this due to the fact that my refusal to participate in RVS actually created more dialogue than your RVS did, far quicker and more naturally, which should be somewhat indicative of how flawed the system actually is. We learn far more from not doing it than doing it.

That all being said, VOTE: Phil OMGUS. Your reasoning that I am and will “refuse to provide information” is bull. I posted once, you’ve not given me the opportunity to provide information.
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:43 am

Post by James Brafin »

In post 56, Skellen wrote:
In post 35, James Brafin wrote: Speaking of weird questions, I’d appreciate it if everyone would answer this:
For me, it’s somewhere in the north, where you get decent snow. Nebraska, maybe?
Thanks,
JB
Will this have some kind of follow-up this time? Last time with the food question it ended nowhere. (I liked though that the Italian food answer actually came from scum)

I don't need to live somewhere else.
Yeah it will. I went out of town and needed to replace, but that shouldn’t happen this game.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:45 am

Post by James Brafin »

In post 58, Persivul wrote:
In post 55, James Brafin wrote:All responses noted.
I was toxic. Why aren't you voting me?
I was ignoring the blatant attempts to draw conflict that were obviously trolly in nature.
The fact that you’re still trying to force me to 1v1 with you is major scum points though.
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:52 am

Post by Phillammon »

James, the meta dive was literally just "confirming you said that same paragraph at the start of previous games", which you had.

That sure is one heck of a response, though. Vote's not going anywhere, as a consequence.
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:55 am

Post by Phillammon »

(I directly stated that's what the "meta-dive" consisted of, even. In a post that you just quoted.)
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:56 am

Post by Phillammon »

...in fact now I'm looking at your posts here harder, it's hard to remotely reconcile your claimed methodology with that vote, and as you say, you don't vote randomly. So yeah, James back to looking very suspect here.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:03 am

Post by James Brafin »

Well yes, I think your vote is bullshit and very opportunistic. It looks like a scum move. So I voted you, because it looked like a scum move. I don’t see what your reasoning is here.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:19 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 59, James Brafin wrote:You should know, if you actually meta-dived, that if you vote me I feel no pressure.
You seem to be feeling pressure from both Phil and me.
VOTE: James Brafin
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:21 am

Post by James Brafin »

When you actually have something important to say let me know.
Kthxbye
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:24 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Opportunistic how?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:38 am

Post by Phillammon »

I have to concur. (If anything, you've kind of proved my point here. In your response to being voted, you have responded and given a whole bunch of information about your reasoning!) (That immediately changes when you're called on it) (That's generally not how town reasoning works)
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:40 am

Post by Phillammon »

To be absolutely clear, because you're claiming I was voting you for not giving information in a single post: Your refusal to vote in RVS was itself the thing that was denying information, and threatened to continue. Voting for you was intended to get you to give us information sooner rather than later. And hey, look at that, it worked.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:20 am

Post by James Brafin »

But at that point we weren't in RVS anymore, were we? You and I (me in particular) intentionally moved us out of RVS and started generating information.
So you're saying here that "You don't like that all" (From post 41) because it doesn't start generating reads and discussion, when it did in fact start generating reads and discussion?
Your logic astounds me. Please, continue.

@Sakura: To me it feels like, "Hey, I don't like this guy's approach to game start, so even though he does this consistently, I'm gonna vote him because 'I don't like it.['" That reads as opportunistic to me and using my regular approach to gamestart to try and get a wagon rolling.
And before anyone goes all off the deep end about what I said before: Scum doesn't wagon/SvT in RVS, because that's where the entire focus is, in those wagons and those interactions. But that's where town looks and votes, and then we end up with a D1 mislynch. However, we are no longer in RVS, which means at this point any wagon from this point forward can and should be examined. When Phil ended RVS with his posts, which I believe were opportunistic, and an attempt to shade and paint me as unhelpful scum.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:32 am

Post by James Brafin »

In post 43, Phillammon wrote:No, I'm voting them because they are refusing to volunteer information that'll help me form a read on them, and applying pressure is a good way to
force
them to volunteer information that'll help me form a read on them.
I don't like this post, btw. If I don't believe RVS provides information of any sort, why would I participate in it? I never said I wouldn't provide info. All I said is that I wouldn't participate in RVS.
To recapitulate with classical logic, your argument is:

People who participate in RVS are people who are going to volunteer or provide information. (A)
James Brafin is not a person who is participating in RVS. (O)
Therefore, James Brafin is not a person who is going provide information. (O)

The problem here is that this first statement is objectively untrue. Not only does participation in RVS not dictate if you provider information, we've established that the participation in RVS does NOT provide information.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:05 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

I think this James person is town.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 39, implosion wrote:
In post 32, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 30, implosion wrote:phil is basically guaranteed to either be scum or towntell very hard very quickly when put under pressure so let's go friends
What Meta Gives You Such An Impression
None?
In post 35, James Brafin wrote: For me, it’s somewhere in the north, where you get decent snow. Nebraska, maybe?
This is *remarkably* unspecific.
Well then -_-
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Completed Open Games”