Spoiler: Currently Alive
  • Isis / superbowl9 / Tommy Two Times
  • Morning Tweet / Auro / Doctor Drew

Spoiler: Currently Treestumped
  • gobbledygook / Galron / Adorable, treestumped D1

Spoiler: Currently Modkilled
Please don't make me use this.

Spoiler: Chronology
Last edited by NotAJumbleOfNumbers on Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:27 pm, edited 11 times in total.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

Rules

copied from the worst, who mercilessly stole & slightly adapted it from MarioManiac4
also slightly edited for this game (thanks enomis!)

General Rules:

1. Site Rules apply.
2. You may not quote your role PM, you may not quote any other PMs from me, and you may not quote the time at which I sent you any PM.
This shade of green (#CCFFDD)
is my mod colour. Don't impersonate me.
4. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed.
5. If you have a question or concern, or if you think that I may have made an error, do not hesitate to ask in-topic or by PM. Be sure to bold requests directed at me so that I see them.
5. If you break any of these rules, or if I deem it to be appropriate, you could be warned, force-replaced, or modkilled, depending on the severity of what you did.
6. If a player is modkilled, they will die and become a Neutral Survivor resulting in their loss.
7. Please be respectful and kind towards other players. I understand that Mafia can be a heated game sometimes, but there is a line, and if you cross it the game stops being fun. In particular, personal attacks are not allowed.
8. Once you die you may not post anymore.
9. No encryption please. Breadcrumbing is fine, but things like encrypting your role into scrambled text are not. If you have any questions about what does and does not violate this rule, feel free to ask me, and I will answer.
10. Don’t claim scum with another player in a serious manner. I will judge what counts as serious; don't toe the line. Claiming scum by yourself is fine, but please don’t lose the game intentionally by doing so.
11. Don’t work against your win condition.
12. Don’t use provable randomness. Saying “I rolled a dice and it landed on 2” is acceptable; posting a screenshot of you using random.org, or using dice tags, is not acceptable.
13. Use your common sense; I try to include as much as I can but this is probably not an exhaustive list of all things you are not allowed to do.
14. I reserve the right to change any of these rules or any of the time, or make any judgement irregardless of what these rules say (although I will try to follow what I have said here as closely as possible.)
15. The spirit of these rules is what counts, not the exact wording. If you find a loophole in these rules, don't be surprised when I modkill you anyway.

Special Mechanics:

16. The regular voting system does not apply. Instead,
anyone can self-vote in the main thread at any time, instantly treestumping their neighborhood
. Town wins if mafia gets treestumped, mafia wins if all other neighborhoods get treestumped.
17. Votes must use the bold tags or the vote tags, like this: VOTE: NotAJumbleOfNumbers or this:
Vote: NotAJumbleOfNumbers
. please try and use recognisable names/nicknames wherever possible.

Deadlines:

18. Deadlines are 2 weeks long, although I may extend this if I deem it appropriate. If deadline expires without any neighbourhood being treestumped,
MAFIA WINS.

19. When a town neighbourhood is treestumped, I will make a mod post about it and the next day will begin after my mod post. You are allowed to post at anytime in this game.

Prodding and Activity:

20. If a player fails to post for 48 consecutive hours, they will be prodded. If that player does not post for another 24 hours after they've been prodded, they'll be replaced.
21. If you are going away, or if you have limited access to the site, notify me by pm or in-topic so that I know not to prod or replace you. The maximum amount of time you may go without posting due to V/LA is 120 hours (five days).
Last edited by NotAJumbleOfNumbers on Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:53 pm

Link to setup

Basic Setup:
  • 2 neighborhoods with 3 VTs
  • 1 neighborhood with 1 VT and 2 Mafia
Mechanics:
  • Neighborhood membership is public
  • Nightless
  • There are no lynches. Instead, anyone can self-vote in the main thread at any time, instantly treestumping their neighborhood. Town wins if mafia gets treestumped, mafia wins if all other neighborhoods get treestumped.
Spoiler: Sample Role PMs
Welcome to Open 782! You are a
Vanilla Townie

Your neighborhood is with X and Y, which you can access
here

You win when the Mafia are treestumped before both Town neighborhoods are treestumped.

Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.

Welcome to Open 782! You are a
Mafia Goon

Your teammate is X, and you both share a neighborhood with Y, which you can access
here

You win when both Town neighborhoods are treestumped.

Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:13 pm

Role PMs are sent. Waiting for 8/9 confirmations to start game.

(expired on 2020-06-20 00:13:16) left to confirm your role PM. 9/9 confirmations received.
Last edited by NotAJumbleOfNumbers on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:53 am

With 8/9 confirmations, day 1 begins.

Reminder: The list of neighborhoods are shown in the "Currently Alive" spoiler.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2020-06-30 14:53:24).
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Galron »

Hey cool cats.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:03 am

Post by Auro »

Umm where's the Mafia PT
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:03 am

Post by Auro »

whoops
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:05 am

Post by superbowl9 »

First thing we need to do is root out the conspiracy theorists. Raise your hand if you don't believe in the moon landings
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

hi hi hi Isis hi gobble hi Adorbs hi Auro hi Drew hi everybody!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:15 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 8, superbowl9 wrote:First thing we need to do is root out the conspiracy theorists. Raise your hand if you don't believe in the moon landings
I don't believe in the moon.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:25 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 10, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 8, superbowl9 wrote:First thing we need to do is root out the conspiracy theorists. Raise your hand if you don't believe in the moon landings
I don't believe in the moon.
There’s one village cleared!
One to go :D
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Adorable »

Hi everyone. Hi MT and welcome back.
Tommy Two Times
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:32 am

Post by Tommy Two Times »

...did you just welcome yourself back?
Hectic
Tommy Two Times
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:33 am

The real conspiracy was the friends we made along the way.
Hectic
Tommy Two Times
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:35 am

The real conspiracy was the friends we made along the way.
Hectic
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Isis »

Hi Morning Tweet.

It's been pointed out before that being no fun and using pseudovotes to collectively select a neighborhood that will be forced to destroy itself is better EV than playing normally. This is a lot more workable in this variant of the setup because theres an odd number of neighborhoods.

this setup is based on a shitpost I made once
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Tommy Two Times
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:25 am

I just want to be transparent with the thread and let everyone know because I think transparency with the thread is important right now:

Isis and superbowl are having a massive 1v1 in the hood. It's kind of weird but Isis thinks superbowl is town acting intentionally scummy, and superbowl is denying it and accusing Isis of conspiring. It's getting kind of heated and I'm uncomfortable standing in the crossfire. Any advice for how I should be handling this, to put a handle on it?
Hectic
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:47 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 16, Isis wrote:Hi Morning Tweet.

It's been pointed out before that being no fun and using pseudovotes to collectively select a neighborhood that will be forced to destroy itself is better EV than playing normally. This is a lot more workable in this variant of the setup because theres an odd number of neighborhoods.

this setup is based on a shitpost I made once
Ah, cause an individual voting themself only has a 1/7 chance to be right, whereas if we vote on hoods we have a 1/3 chance then a 1/2 chance.. kind of ?
Tommy Two Times wrote:I just want to be transparent with the thread and let everyone know because I think transparency with the thread is important right now:

Isis and superbowl are having a massive 1v1 in the hood. It's kind of weird but Isis thinks superbowl is town acting intentionally scummy, and superbowl is denying it and accusing Isis of conspiring. It's getting kind of heated and I'm uncomfortable standing in the crossfire. Any advice for how I should be handling this, to put a handle on it?
That is certainly interesting, especially so if you're town and you don't think it's theatre. I am not really sure why any of that is happening -- a townie supposedly acts intentionally scummy, gets it pointed out that they're scummy town, they deny it, and then they call the accuser a conspirator.

try offering them both food, then maybe you could all have a snack break and calm down for a while
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Isis »

That's exactly right Morning Tweet!
In the previous version of the setup with 3 hoods you need a 4/6 consensus to actually vote a hood which is kind of similar to getting one defector in a hood to be the 4th vote and social deduction wise even though the EV is different the gameplay on that is Weird and Hard to actually trade in your 1/4th and get 1/2. But in this case we have like the 3 people from the towniest hood able to render judgement on which of the two other hoods is the scummier one and the democracy works out smoothly without gridlock and deadline panics
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Isis »

I'm gonna hold some comment about the events in my hood for a bit
"Well, I..."
Tommy Two Times
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:06 pm

Isis wants me to let her resolve it but I really think everyone needs to know this. I'll summarise what happened, Morning Tweet:

>superbowl entered the hood saying it was a lovely hood and he's really looking forward to this (grinning emoji face)
>I entered and greeted him normally
>Isis enters and asks him about why he's so excited
>He says no reason in particular, but the setup looks cool
>Isis asks him what's cool about the setup
>superbowl does a u-turn in attitude and threatens to
self-vote on the spot
(not kidding) because he thinks Isis is being weirdly antagonistic
>They have a back and forth here and I won't summarise every post, but basically Isis thinks he's intentionally acting scummy and doesn't get why, and superbowl is accusing her of scummy anti-OMGUS

The thing is he outright refuses to talk to me now and is insisting we're both scum. I just want us to be friends, and I don't think this is theatre. What should I do? I need advice on what to do, because I don't think our hood is in a theatre.
Hectic
Tommy Two Times
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Tommy Two Times
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:09 pm

If people think what I'm describing is theatre however, I am open to self-voting and trusting in the WOTC, in the WOTC.
Hectic
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 17, Tommy Two Times wrote:I just want to be transparent with the thread and let everyone know because I think transparency with the thread is important right now:

Can confirm
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 21, Tommy Two Times wrote:Isis wants me to let her resolve it but I really think everyone needs to know this. I'll summarise what happened, Morning Tweet:

>superbowl entered the hood saying it was a lovely hood and he's really looking forward to this (grinning emoji face)
>I entered and greeted him normally
>Isis enters and asks him about why he's so excited
>He says no reason in particular, but the setup looks cool
>Isis asks him what's cool about the setup
>superbowl does a u-turn in attitude and threatens to
self-vote on the spot
(not kidding) because he thinks Isis is being weirdly antagonistic
>They have a back and forth here and I won't summarise every post, but basically Isis thinks he's intentionally acting scummy and doesn't get why, and superbowl is accusing her of scummy anti-OMGUS

The thing is he outright refuses to talk to me now and is insisting we're both scum. I just want us to be friends, and I don't think this is theatre. What should I do? I need advice on what to do, because I don't think our hood is in a theatre.
My first thought would be: if Tommy is town, then the entire hood is probably town, unless it seems really theatrey. I suppose it's also possible that Tommy is scum with Isis or superbowl and this is a real TvS interaction between superbowl and Isis, i just don't really have enough info to know what's most likely yet

Return to “Completed Open Games”