Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:50 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1823, Umlaut wrote:Raya, is your case that Menalque is scum dependent on A50 being scum? If so, wouldn't it make more sense to lynch A50 today?
Yeah I guess I could do that.

VOTE: A50
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Occam's razor says menalque pushing town with SvT h2h wagons, claiming scum him would just push the unconfirmed on that wagon then pushing the unconfirmed on that wagon to an elim, and all the defending of Mohab day 1 just points to him being scum.

I hate the idea of losing to menalque scum with all of that pointing to him but he gets away with it because he put in effort.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 3.3
Menalque
(2):
RCEnigma (), Ydrasse ()
Ydrasse
(2):
Titus (), Menalque ()
Something_Smart
(2):
Snowblaze (), Almost50 ()
Almost50
(1):
Raya36 ()

Not Voting
(4):
Umlaut, Fredrick A Campbell, Something_Smart, Eevee ()

With 11 alive, it’s 6 to lynch. The Day 3 deadline is in (expired on 2020-08-11 20:41:59).
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Prodding Eevee.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

I'm here.

I still feel like Menalque is probably town and well if he isn't either he flees and we get a shitton of info or he stays and we have another chance to kill him.

VOTE: Ydrasse
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by Eevee »

Got poked while I was sleeping...

@S_S, if Menalque is scum and frees, who is his partner? What sort of information do we get? Also why do you think it’s Ydrasse?

~Eva
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Fre/He/She/It/They/伊

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

In post 1829, Something_Smart wrote:I'm here.

I still feel like Menalque is probably town and well if he isn't either he flees and we get a shitton of info or he stays and we have another chance to kill him.

How are we supposed to differentiate between the situations where he is town and isn't the escapee and the situation where he isn't town and isn't the escapee?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:21 pm

In post 1830, Eevee wrote:Got poked while I was sleeping...

@S_S, if Menalque is scum and frees, who is his partner? What sort of information do we get? Also why do you think it’s Ydrasse?

~Eva
I would imagine that answering this is a bad idea, because it just tells him whether or not to flee if he's scum. I don't think he is scum, but I think we shouldn't really talk about who exactly we should kill depending on who flees, because that will just tell scum who should flee. But there's plenty of information regarding him being wagoned that I would imagine will tell us a lot once we see him go red.

Re: Ydrasse, it's partially that I think Menalque is town and trust his read, partially that I still have some suspicion on Raya (her reactions yesterday lessened it, but her interactions with me were still pretty gross) even though there's no way she would get executed today but Ydrasse makes sense as her partner, and partially process of elimination.
In post 1831, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 1829, Something_Smart wrote:I'm here.

How are we supposed to differentiate between the situations where he is town and isn't the escapee and the situation where he isn't town and isn't the escapee?
I mean, that depends on who we kill today and who does flee and who gets NK'd. Again, we should cross that bridge when we come to it, and not tell scum what to do during the night.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

but... doesn't me/raya go against what you said about a double bus?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

also how is there no way that raya would get executed today? like, i feel you should be making a case for the person you think is actually scum versus the person who you think is poe'd down as their partner despite... thinking that that exact combination of people would have to have done something very stupid.

maybe i'm biased here because the vote is on me but i don't see the like... coherency in pushing on me here except that i am in the preferred poe for the day and it fits this scenario which doesn't like... work. :v
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:46 pm

In post 1833, Ydrasse wrote:but... doesn't me/raya go against what you said about a double bus?
Ye you right, my thoughts are pretty jumbled right now ngl. Somebody suggested you two as a possible team and I certainly didn't do my homework there lol.

UNVOTE:

Gonna look into Raya a bit I guess. Probably a moot point since there doesn't seem to be nearly enough support to kill her.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:47 pm

In post 1834, Ydrasse wrote:also how is there no way that raya would get executed today?
because nobody is voting her and nobody has expressed an interest in voting her...
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

*squints*
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i did mean have a few posts in mind the other night that i thought were a bit weird in retrospect from raya, lemme go see if i can find what past me saw.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:49 pm

In post 1834, Ydrasse wrote:maybe i'm biased here because the vote is on me but i don't see the like... coherency in pushing on me here except that i am in the preferred poe for the day and it fits this scenario which doesn't like... work. :v
There's no coherency, really. In a game with so many conftowns I don't have to pull much weight in solving, I just have to make sure I'm decently townread, which I think I am?

I don't know why Snowblaze and A50 are voting me honestly, I should probably go back and look and engage them on that.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

also, given that i don't fit into your scenario, who DO you read with raya now if she's maf?

p-edit: eeeeh *hand wiggle* fmpov you're Okay right now with a little bit of suspicious zest thrown in.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

but then again i am not a confirmed townie so my recipes may not be looked upon favorably. flavorably, even.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Snowblaze
Snowblaze
Goon
Snowblaze
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:50 pm

Post by Snowblaze »

In post 1839, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1834, Ydrasse wrote:maybe i'm biased here because the vote is on me but i don't see the like... coherency in pushing on me here except that i am in the preferred poe for the day and it fits this scenario which doesn't like... work. :v
There's no coherency, really. In a game with so many conftowns I don't have to pull much weight in solving, I just have to make sure I'm decently townread, which I think I am?

I don't know why Snowblaze and A50 are voting me honestly, I should probably go back and look and engage them on that.
Basically a lack of actual reads + wanting to try wagoning as many different people as possible to see who reacts and how. At some point I should read back through people’s ISOs and try and work out where I think my vote should be.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Fre/He/She/It/They/伊

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:00 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

VOTE: Menalque
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:09 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

ngl i only looked for a little bit but couldn’t find what i thought was vaguely questionable from raya so i’m just gonna sleep
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Snowblaze
Snowblaze
Goon
Snowblaze
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:22 pm

Post by Snowblaze »

In post 1822, Raya36 wrote:The wagon wasn't really in that bad of a position until close to deadline anyway
Umlaut’s vote for A50, the second on the wagon. occurred at 3:46 am, GMT + 1 on the 30th of July (using my own time zone to avoid getting confused by conversions). It was followed by Fredrick’s at 3:52 am and Eevee’s at 4:32 am.

Menalque posted at 4.40 am, not exactly trying to halt the wagon in its tracks. He voted for A50 at 5:09 am.

His Montosh case was made at 1:51 pm on the same day.

Day two ended at 2:32 am on the 31st, a little while before deadline.

It’s not
impossible
, but imo it’s highly unlikely.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Menalque »

Snow, why is it not ydrasse? Or why is it more important to you to do S_S today?
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1826, RCEnigma wrote:Occam's razor says menalque pushing town with SvT h2h wagons, claiming scum him would just push the unconfirmed on that wagon then pushing the unconfirmed on that wagon to an elim, and all the defending of Mohab day 1 just points to him being scum.

I hate the idea of losing to menalque scum with all of that pointing to him but he gets away with it because he put in effort.
Posts like this are why I feel that your engagement with me today has not been in good faith. You’re starting off, I think, from a position that I’m scum and then explaining my actions in light of that.

For instance, what do you mean about “claiming scum him would just push the unconfirmed on that wagon then pushing the unconfirmed on that wagon to an elim”? How is this scum!indicative for me fypov?

I also think that people aren’t just townreading me for efforting D2 (and if you are, um, that’s a bad way to read me unless I’m coming in off the back of several scumgames or really burned out, I’m quite capable of efforting as scum when needed). I think they’re townreading me because my trajectories don’t make a lot of sense if I’m scum, outside of some fairly outlandish scenarios (like me being scum with A50). Like, for instance, everything that happened on D2 — for me to be scum I have to have put in a load of effort, secured TRs on me to a sufficient extent that I wasn’t really at risk of being guillotined, only to risk throwing that all away by calling out that I thought scum was more likely to be doublebussing than to be double on which scum!me would know looks insanely scummy given that the initial TRs on my a lot D2 were from my insistence that we probably win by just flipping through the snow wagon one-by-one.

I think it would then also look bad for me to simply flip back to A50 because of feeling ehhh on ydrasse, and to then push montosh at the end of day knowing that if I redirected onto town it would again look bad for me. I just think these things are all very questionable form me in a world where I’m scum, and only really make sense if I am entirely going for a WIFOM based win. And I just think that doesn’t make sense given that I’m generally competent enough as scum to not need to do that, and prefer to play solidly rather than gamble on town falling for WIFOM.
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:11 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1847, Menalque wrote:For instance, what do you mean about “claiming scum him would just push the unconfirmed on that wagon then pushing the unconfirmed on that wagon to an elim”? How is this scum!indicative for me fypov?
Because things like this are narrative pushing. Like that specifically was you saying you wouldn't do xyz as town but would as scum, pushed something else and circled back to that thing scum!you would have done.

The bad faith bit is inaccurate as well, I thought you were townish day 1 and votes on your preferred wagon with the caveat that Mohab!Scum likely points to you as scum. She flipped scum. So even before mohabs flip there was content to pin you as partners and she flipped scum. I'm not overthinking this.

Day 2 I'm not super interested in screaming at the confirmed that they're wrong, they can do their own thing since the game is ultimately in their hands not in the unconfirmeds. Which, fine, but frustrating.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:15 am

Post by RCEnigma »

You keep mentioning this doublebuss theory but still pushed on the snow wagon. So idk why you have been bringing it up.

Return to “Completed Open Games”