Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Open 786 | Dream Mafia | Cult Win!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

Welcome to Open 786: Dream Mafia!

Modded by GeneralWu and comodded by midwaybear.
Credits to various people who wrote the setup/rules/role PMs, which we copied. ;)

Spoiler: Rules
Game Rules

General Rules/Game Etiquette
  1. Obey all Site-wide Rules.
  2. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  3. You may not quote private communication of any kind. This includes moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  4. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
Activity/Prods/Replacements
  1. Prods of missing players will be issued after 36 hours of no activity.
  2. A prodded player has 24 hours to respond to the prod, after which time a replacement search will begin. The prodded player may re-enter the game so long as no replacement has been found.
  3. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
  4. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than 36 hours please PM midwaybear and I or post in the thread to declare V/LA.
  5. We reserve the right to force replace players who need extensively long V/LA at our own discretion.
Deadlines
  1. Deadlines for this game will be 10 days for Day 1 and 7 days for following Day Phases. Night Phases will last 48 hours.
  2. Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.
  3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to the mods by the posted deadline. If the mods do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
Player Actions/Voting/Player Death
  1. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day is zgrynibysed (zgrynibysed means the same as eliminated/executed/defenstrated/chopped/buttered-on-a-stick/lynched/etc).
  2. Starting day 1, if at any point during the day more than half of the living players are voting for a particular player, day will end and that player will be zgrynibysed.
  3. Votes must be bolded or use the [.vote] tags to be counted (e.g.
    Vote: Player
    or VOTE: Player).
  4. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  5. Votes made using nicknames or abbreviations will be counted at our discretion. Fake vote gambits should be executed at your own peril. If we think its a vote, then its a vote.
Miscellaneous
  1. The mods will use
    bolded yellow
    for Mod posts. Don't impersonate us. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed.
  2. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to our discretion and will be handled as we see fit on a case-by-case basis.

Spoiler: Setup
ABC
Mafia
Cult Roleblocker
Cult Rolecop
Cultist
Row 1
Town Cop and Town Rolestopper
Town Tracker and Town Friendly Neighbor
Town Cop and Vanilla Townie
Row 2
Town Jailkeeper and Town Tracker
Town Jailkeeper and Town Friendly Neighbor
Town Jailkeeper and Vanilla Townie
Row 3
Unrecruitable Townie, Unrecruitable Townie
Town Tracker and Town Rolestopper
Unrecruitable Townie, Unrecruitable Townie

One row and column are selected at random to provide 2 town and 1 scum roles; the remaining slots are filled with 1 Cult Leader and 5 Vanilla Townies.

In total, there are 9 possible setups:
  • A1: Cult Leader, Cult Roleblocker vs. Town Cop, Town Rolestopper, 5x Town Vanilla
  • A2: Cult Leader, Cult Roleblocker vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, 5x Town Vanilla
  • A3: Cult Leader, Cult Roleblocker vs. 2x Unrecruitable Townie, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B1: Cult Leader, Cult Rolecop vs. Town Tracker, Town Friendly Neighbor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B2: Cult Leader, Cult Rolecop vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Friendly Neighbor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B3: Cult Leader, Cult Rolecop vs. Town Tracker, Town Rolestopper, 5x Town Vanilla
  • C1: Cult Leader, Cultist vs. Town Cop, 6x Town Vanilla
  • C2: Cult Leader, Cultist vs. Town Jailkeeper, 6x Town Vanilla
  • C3: Cult Leader, Cultist vs. 2x Unrecruitable Townie, 5x Town Vanilla
Setup Specific Rules

• Cult have daytalk.
  • The Cult cannot have more than three living players.
  • If the Cult Leader dies, the Cult does not gain another Cult Leader.
  • The Generated Cultist and Recruited Cultists have the same flip.
  • Cult Roleblocker resolves before Town Jailkeeper, but after Town Rolestopper. (Town Rolestopper > Cult Roleblocker > Town Jailkeeper)
  • Cult wins if they achieve parity with the town. Town wins by lynching all cult.
  • Zgrynibysations are compulsive; there is no option to no zgrynibys.
  • If there is a tie in the votecount at the end of the day, one player will be zgrynibysed at random.
Role PMs:

Vanilla TownieWelcome, [Player Name], you are a
Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:

• You have no special abilities apart from your voice and your vote.
Win condition:

• You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Town CopWelcome, [Player Name], you are a
Town Cop.

Abilities:

• Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of "Town", "Not Town", or "No Result".
Win condition:

• You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Town TrackerWelcome, [Player Name], you are a
Town Tracker.

Abilities:

• Each night, you may target a player in the game and learn if they targeted anyone, (if at all).
Win condition:

Town JailkeeperWelcome, [Player Name], you are a
Town Jailkeeper.

Abilities:

• Each night, you may jail a player in the game, simultaneously protecting them from recruitment and roleblocking them.
Win condition:

Town Friendly NeighborWelcome, [Player Name], you are a
Town Friendly Neighbor.

Abilities:

• Each night phase, you may target another player in the game to tell them you are Town.
Win condition:

Town RolestopperWelcome, [Player Name], you are a
Town Rolestopper.

Abilities:

• Each night phase, you may target another player in the game to attempt to prevent all other night actions from affecting your target.
Win condition:

Unrecruitable TownieWelcome, [Player Name], you are a
Unrecruitable Townie.

Abilities:

• You may not be recruited by the Cult.
Win condition:

Cult LeaderWelcome, [Player Name]. You are a
Cult Leader
, along with your partner, [Player Name], the [Role].

Abilities:

• You may talk with your allies at any given phase here [Link]
  • Each night phase, you may attempt to recruit somebody to the Cult. You will be informed if this is successful.
Win condition:

• You win when the Cult obtain parity or when nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Cult RoleblockerWelcome, [Player Name]. You are a
Cult Roleblocker
, along with your partner, [Player Name], the Cult Leader.

Abilities:

• Each night phase, you may target another player in the game to attempt to prevent them from performing any night actions.
Win condition:

• You win when the Cult obtain parity or when nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Cult RolecopWelcome, [Player Name]. You are a
Cult Rolecop

Abilities:

• Each night phase, you may target another player in the game to attempt to learn their role. Vanilla Townies and Cultist will both return 'Vanilla'. If your ability is prevented, you will receive 'No Result'
Win condition:

Cultist (generated)Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a
Cultist

Abilities:

Win condition:

Cultist (recruited)Welcome, [Player Name]. You are now a
Cultist
, along with your partner(s), [Player Name] the Cult Leader, (and [Player Name] the [Role].)

Abilities:

Win condition:

Spoiler: Alive
JacksonVirgo
spicer1209
the worst
iamausername
asdf335
clidd
innocentvillager
Jesus Christ
Doctor Drew
Hiraki
Battle Mage
Psyche
Titus
Ythan
Korina
Aristophanes

Spoiler: Dead
Logicalicaltist
Ythan

Spoiler: Significant Events
Logicalicaltist, VT, hammered D1.
Ythan, Cultist, hammered D2.

Spoiler: Flavor
It was a calm and peaceful night. A man walks down the street after a long day, with his mind filled with thoughts. When he arrived home, he immediately went to sleep, and those thoughts turned into dreams. Some of those dreams are nice ones about sunshine and flowers, but others are nightmares. The good dreams have to try and get rid of all the nightmares, while the nightmares have to try and turn those good dreams into scary ones!

Confirm your participation in this game by replying to your role PM with your role name and alignment, or by posting in your PT (if you have one). Game will start when 7/9 players have confirmed, or when 2 days have passed, whichever happens first.

I just realized I set the rules to say majority zgrynibys starting D2, but I actually meant for it to start D1. The rules have been edited accordingly.

Current time: July 16, 2020, 9:07:30PM EDT

Do not post until this line is crossed out
Last edited by midwaybear on Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 17 times in total.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

Vote count 1.00

It is now Day 1!
With 9 votes, it takes 5 to hammer. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2020-07-27 22:41:00).

VC
Not Voting [9]:
JacksonVirgo, iamausername, asdf335, Logicalicaltist, Jesus Christ, Doctor Drew, Battle Mage, Ythan, and Korina

DreamsImage

mod notes
  • GLHF
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by Korina »

VOTE: Ythan[/b]

I DIDN’T ROLL CULT BUT I’M NOT A UT SO DREW YOU BETTER RECRUIT ME TONIGHT; I’M HARD DEFENDING YOU
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 2, Korina wrote:VOTE: Ythan

I DIDN’T ROLL CULT BUT I’M NOT A UT SO DREW YOU BETTER RECRUIT ME TONIGHT; I’M HARD DEFENDING YOU
Fixed, currently on mobile making food as well
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by Korina »

Also, I’m gonna say this now, but I’m gonna use the word lynch and not any of the proposed alternatives. Doing so would require more effort/focus on what I’m saying than I really care to put forth, considering I’ve used the word in mafia for way too long
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by Korina »

Also:
@mod v/la weekends
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Korina »

Also you guys have like three minutes before I log onto my computer and start spam posting thoughts / complaints about not rolling cult
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 5, Korina wrote:Also:
@mod v/la weekends
Noted!
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Korina »

Ok, I'm gonna paraphrase my thoughts because I'm not sure if I can get in trouble for basically copy-pasting them, but... we should have UTs,
and only UTs
claim today. If we have UTs, we can treat them as basically a public masonry, and if any cult tries to also claim UT to get into it, that's fine too, because they're gonna have to act townie and go against two people who are actually town, so they should likely out themselves relatively quickly

second, if there is a CC to anything we're not lynching them until CL is dead. Period.
Also, if CL is lynched today, everyone claims tomorrow, no questions asked. If there is only one TPR, (C1 or C2), then we're kinda fucked and we actually have to play the game; otherwise, we just automatically win
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by Korina »

I have other thoughts I'd like to share, but not now. I'll share them at a later point or post-game if I never find that point
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Korina »

also, I'm lowkey tempted to powerlynch Drew because they're very likely cult / CL, but I don't have any proof for that, and lynching not-cl-cult d1 is just harmful for us.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by Korina »

also, i'm very likely to just shitpost for the first couple of days in this game until RVS is over because I'm genuinely expecting people to try to flash-wagon me in RVS because "hur hur, cult game and korina is in it, and hes clearly cult and/or will be culted n1 hur hur"
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Korina »

also, if there is a rolestopper or jailkeeper and you target me at all this entire game, even if it stops me from being culted, we're gonna have words, very angry
w o r d s
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Korina »

Also for anyone wondering why I'm not really typing properly like usual, it's because I had like two monster energy drinks in the past hour-and-a-half and I'm kinda hyper
also i made ramen I haven't eaten yet
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by Korina »

Also if Drew is cult again this game, and they flip CL and they're lynched today, we're also gonna have
very angry w o r d s
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Korina »

also I really thought I'd have more to shitpost about until someone else got here, I really don't have anything else to post beyond me complaining about not rolling cult
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Korina »

Also also, I'd appreciate it if someone else could join me, preferably Drew for y'know... no... particular reason... hahah please believe me
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Korina »

Also also also
@mod did you send to everyone playing that d1 has started, and if not, could you? I only saw the thread was unlocked because I have no life and checked ms
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 14, Korina wrote:Also if Drew is cult again this game, and they flip CL and they're lynched today, we're also gonna have
very angry w o r d s
Unfortunately not Cult.

I don't know how to play this setup as town lol.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by Korina »

DREW ARE YOU LYING TO ME
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by Korina »

PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE BB
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by Korina »

Also, on a serious note, the optimal play for town is to pretty much find the CL and lynch them. We don't lynch any other cult until CL is dead, because cult will just recruit back whoever we kill.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Korina »

Also this setup is very likely unbalanced. I spent all of five minutes designing it lmao
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by Korina »

ty mod <3

also I just realized we have Jesus Christ in the game...

VOTE: Jesus Christ

I'm sorry, but you must die for our sins.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2, Korina wrote:VOTE: Ythan[/b]

You broke the living shit outta that tag, also your avi is a cult so you're cult ezpz.
VOTE: Korina
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS

Return to “Completed Open Games”