Chemical Elements
Chemical Elements
Townie
Chemical Elements
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by Chemical Elements »

Here's a little absurdity. I'm still at post #800.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

glad we figured it out last minute :D

*post game thoughts:
overall crazy game and it was pretty stressful to get 6 misdunks, but also exciting to work together and dunk the whole team with less than 2 days to go. Thanks Ruby for modding and it was fun!

I yelled about the timer all game - I was literally on every single dunk (I think I was the only one? lol) to try and speed up the game but I think I should've yelled louder. It really fucked us and got us into that shit spot.

I got pretty frantic towards the end especially, tried a bunch of things and as Isis mentioned in Mafia PT my fake votecount idea was pretty detached from reality with the deadline, the problem of translating the fake votecount to the actual votes would've taken way way too long and there were a few other flaws.

I think the only real strategy in our specific spot given a) deadline b) chaindunking problems was to do what we did and have Casey lead the town while the rest of us built cases and tried to solve to support her.

I still think without a single obvtown like Casey this would've been almost unwinnable near the end because of the whole scum influence thing I was mentioning, I think having this kind of unbiased figure is super crucial because even random dunking scores super highly after that from my model. I think that we also got lucky near the end that scum kind of just became complacent and stopped trying as much because they were super likely to win; I maintain that's what somewhat gave them away and part of how we won. All 3 scum were unfortunately in my lean town pool before that though, y'all played super well, had they continued to town it up we would've been absolutely fucked, definitely kudos for getting us into that horrible spot and draining the timer

let me know if you disagree with my thoughts, I'm curious as to what we should've done
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:57 pm

Isis wrote:
In post 1184, innocentvillager wrote:and there's the discredit right on cue
Oh no, is there some sort of cookie cutter pattern aside from the 37 others I've deliberately avoided fitting this game that makes that post really scum indicative?
How do I even respond to this?
Like I don't really know. Uhh uhhhhhhhhh UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
In post 1186, Isis wrote:What does "discredit" mean in this context?
In post 1188, innocentvillager wrote:nvm if you ask i don't think you're trying to discredit me.
I am just like
so good at this alignment
I trained in a Tibetan monastery for 3 consecutive decades
that kind of level
genius!Isis played me so hard here :facepalm: :facepalm:
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by Casey »

This was truly an incredible game with an unthinkable comeback. The serious scramble to assemble a solution in the final 48 hours was probably the most positive moment I've experienced while playing mafia.

I really loved this "pure" form of mafia where the only game mechanic was voting. I'm terrible with mechanics and will sheep my gut nine times out of ten. I would absolutely join more Crossfire games in the future.

In terms of balance, I like to think that the number of mislynches required to have a mafia win should be equal to the number of mafia players. That would be -2 townies for this setup.

The fact that we were able to double-dunk in DuLo and essentially pull ourselves out of it was *really* valuable.

I think 8 town / 4 mafia could easily be doable.

Now it's thank-you time!!

Ruby Red - I loved, loved, LOVED this setup. It's right up my alley. The basketball gifs and subtle weirdness helped lighten the seriousness of the game. I appreciated it all!

WeyounsLastClone - Sorry about the early dunk! Looking forward to reading the mafia chat!

Hayasaka - You were great this game.

Hellbooks - I thoroughly enjoyed your posting!

Elements - I would have loved to see more of you. :)

Chemical Elements - I hope to see more of you!

Nono - Yesyes. Thank you for showing me I could snip quotes by highlighting text before tapping the Quote button! Your solves and pressure were endearing.

Hiraki - Thank you for taking this one humbly. Sorry for butting heads so much.

Isis - Just a little more gas and you would have crossed the finish line, I'm sure of it! Thank you for your effort!

Marksman - You clever little trickster. You were the only person in the game who interacted with everyone. Thank you for putting my scumhunting mettle to the test!

Almost50 - Thank you for the respect.

Raya - Thank you for replacing in!

Lavender - Thank you for seeing this one to the end. I hope you had fun!

Innocentvillager - THANK YOU. This guy right here. We spoke on so many wavelengths to solve the game and clear each other. Our back-and-forth was unlike anything I had ever experienced in a mafia game, with each of us building on the other's work. You. Were. The. Best. Town. Buddy. Ever!! :D

This was definitely one of my most favorite mafia games I've ever played. 10/10 would do it again in a heartbeat!!
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by Casey »

Hard agree that Isis carried that team to the bank.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:27 pm

yeah Casey past two RL days collabing with you was awesome and essential for our win! it was really great that we helped give each other more confidence in our reads approaching the game from different angles :D

as an aside: i will say this game kind of bled into RL mentally for me as well especially at the end lol, I need to be able to separate mafia from RL better (as you can see from my frequent frantic posting), this is partly why i keep going on hiatus after hiatus and I might have to start another one soon because of this :P but i had a lot of fun so I'm sure I'll be back eventually!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Nice comeback @town. I was most sincere about not being vote happy though. There were times when we needed only one additional (town on town) vote for us to end the game instantly.

@Ruby: Yeah, that was fun. NGL, but if we didn't lose a member on the first dunk we could have pulled it out still. Like, that vote we needed could've come from our 4th buddy too.

GGA

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by Casey »

SCUM PT COMMENTS

@Wey to Marksman: "Even if they lynch me, I think it will pretty much give you safe passage for quite some time."

So true.

@A50: "I didn't even remember WLC was on my team (that's the way I approach my scum games, Forget that I'm scum and act like I am scumhunting for real)."

That... doesn't sound fair. One of the burdens of being on the mafia team is perfect knowledge. And to intentionally lose that disadvantage just doesn't feel like you're playing the game as intended.

DEAD/SPEC PT COMMENTS

@Chemical Elements: "My current guess of the team: Raya36, Lavender, and Casey."

The winning team? Yes. :D Don't forget IV!
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Casey »

In post 1406, Almost50 wrote:Nice comeback @town. I was most sincere about not being vote happy though. There were times when we needed only one additional (town on town) vote for us to end the game instantly.
I noticed! That's pretty wild.

I love the multi-voting. It makes it so much easier to see who's committing and who isn't.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:45 pm

im not sure what is normally considered balanced for pure normal nightless vanilla (maybe like 4 v 7 would be my guess? 4 v 8 I know is 50% but town outperforms this right?) but the crossfire voting and votes not resetting really hurts town in the late game; as A50 said there were many opportunities for blitz chaindunking (none materialized, but they definitely could've and I probably should've been more explicit about discouraging multivoting in the mid-late game). I think 4 v 9 is probably pretty balanced if I had to make a wild guess, i think 4 v 8 with crossfire starts to get maf sided
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Casey »

In post 1405, innocentvillager wrote:yeah Casey past two RL days collabing with you was awesome and essential for our win! it was really great that we helped give each other more confidence in our reads approaching the game from different angles :D

as an aside: i will say this game kind of bled into RL mentally for me as well especially at the end lol, I need to be able to separate mafia from RL better (as you can see from my frequent frantic posting), this is partly why i keep going on hiatus after hiatus and I might have to start another one soon because of this :P but i had a lot of fun so I'm sure I'll be back eventually!
<3!

It's important to stay healthy in both body and mind. You take care of yourself. I'll remember this for quite some time. :D
Lavender
Lavender
Goon
Lavender
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Lavender »

Lmao XD
Not voting much at all worked out in the end, I thinks (-。-;
Chemical-san wanted all of us dead how sad how mean! (>﹏<)
Take care of your backs you two, you had to carry everyone (/ω\)
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1411, Lavender wrote:Not voting much at all worked out in the end, I thinks (-。-;
True. There were times when I wanted to yell at you to spread your votes like everyone else. I'm pretty sure we could've used a couple of votes from you on town right after Raya replaced in and that slot also became active and voting. You probably were the unknown town soldier that kept us from taking you all by surprise.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Anyway, look me up if you want to play with me again. I mostly play A) Large Theme, B) Large Normal, C) Open, and D) Mini Theme/ I rarely ever play Micros and it's been forever since I played in the Newbie games.

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1409, innocentvillager wrote:im not sure what is normally considered balanced for pure normal nightless vanilla (maybe like 4 v 7 would be my guess? 4 v 8 I know is 50% but town outperforms this right?) but the crossfire voting and votes not resetting really hurts town in the late game; as A50 said there were many opportunities for blitz chaindunking (none materialized, but they definitely could've and I probably should've been more explicit about discouraging multivoting in the mid-late game). I think 4 v 9 is probably pretty balanced if I had to make a wild guess, i think 4 v 8 with crossfire starts to get maf sided
if i recall correctly 4v8 nightless is actually 33% EV, with an in-practice winrate of 50% or higher. i'll check the wiki

chain dunking
is
a real benefit for scum, though. i think that if this setup
needed
to be changed, it'd probably be only minus one VT
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by northsidegal »

scratch that, it has an in-practice winrate of 7/8

uhhh wow, didn't expect that, maybe minus two townies is a bit more fair

things fall apart
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:20 pm

In post 1414, northsidegal wrote: if i recall correctly 4v8 nightless is actually 33% EV, with an in-practice winrate of 50% or higher. i'll check the wiki
oh im dumb I misread
In post 1415, northsidegal wrote:scratch that, it has an in-practice winrate of 7/8

woah that's crazy, where did you get that stat from?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by northsidegal »

wiki page for Nightless Vanilla

things fall apart
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:05 pm

Post by Casey »

In post 1415, northsidegal wrote:scratch that, it has an in-practice winrate of 7/8

I think typically in a game of mafia you'd have the best & worst town players and worst mafia players dying off first, leaving a gang of middling townies against a the best scum.

In this setup the best townies simply can't be expunged.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:06 pm

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

Congrats to town! Maybe nightless mafia wasn't the best idea to return to this forum to get back in the game, but it was a fun mechanic and nice players.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:20 pm

Post by Isis »

GG
I kinda shared my setup thought in the pt. Didn't really want to roll scum in this setup
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Marksman
Marksman
Goon
Marksman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:12 am

Post by Marksman »

Good job on that turn around, town! I lost the will to effort in the last few days, but overall it was quite fun. Isis and Almo were great for us to manage to get to DuLo in the first place.
In post 1387, Casey wrote:He has a good style but the problem was that his style never changed throughout the game. The hustle, scramble, and emotional high of DuLo paranoia was lacking to the extreme.
Very true. I really should've tried to fake some of that. You were so obvtown with how you'd be constantly switching your votes and having new thoughts out of paranoia.

Oh, and I will never underestimate you again, inno. Who knew you had like 4 new final forms.
Hectic
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:16 am

Post by Raya36 »

Thank you Ruby Red for nodding and really good job to mafia for having us tricked for so long! I'm also really impressed with the last few dunks and the turnaround! I wish I was here for that
Marksman
Marksman
Goon
Marksman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:49 am

Post by Marksman »

Oh, and great job modding as always, NSG. Can't believe you didn't ask me whether I wanted a hydra PT this time.
Hectic
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

In post 1422, Raya36 wrote:Thank you Ruby Red for nodding
no problem bro anytime

Return to “Completed Open Games”