Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #3200 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:10 pm

Post by Isis »

Well, some opinions about what scum look like are more correct, and some opinions about what scum look like are more popular, and the opinion that scum do less solving is
very popular
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3201 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:19 pm

Post by Bell »

Probably some opinions would be backed with evidence if someone looked at the numbers. But then it moves out of the realm of opinion.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Best Overall Mish Mash Player
Farren
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3202 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Farren »

In post 3196, Isis wrote:I think one reason it was scarier to townbin you that MT and TL didn't suffer from is feeling like you could pivot to voting any slot in the game, while MT and TL actively cornered themselves out of lines of play by more frequently stating townreads and their certainty level and the reasoning for them. You might be able to point to places in your iso where factually you were doing so; mafia constructive criticism is rough so I'm mentioning an impression off the top of my head.

I would say Farren did this even less than you, he just mega obvtowned in other ways for me day 1 so it just kind of didn't matter.
I'd say this would be pretty accurate, mostly because there were times I genuinely thought just about any slot could be scum - except for the one that actually was.

I've never been good at giving read lists, and this game was worst than most because those lists would have been changing with alarming frequency.

This game will be another stepping stone in the lesson of "No, Town is *not* more consistent." I think at the end, it came down to some combination of: MT's bit about not being able to vote Bell in good conscience; Bell's statement about slapping around and hitting bark; Dunnstral's sticking around on S_S (and being right about Ydrasse), and my lack of confidence in my own reads due to changing them every five minutes.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Please PM me for any Mish-Mash maintenance needs!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3203 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:22 am

Post by Bell »

I have incredibly mixed feelings on this game. In some ways i’m proud and others ashamed.
I liked everyone here tho.
Thanks for playing with me.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3204 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by Isis »

Hectic how did you know I was town?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3205 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3187, Dannflor wrote:
In post 3178, Isis wrote:But it sounds like you've determined that this exact rhythm is unfun by playing a similar setup if larger eLo's feel bad.

I do want to point out that there is still a difference other than "nightless with a bigger elo" even without stumps and FF:
I think the main issue in such a setup is that scum's best strategy is simply always to never ignite until they've won the game. It's not so much Double Day as it is town getting no new information except for their own eliminations. I do like the difference of the strategical element behind chopping doused slots, but I feel that adds another element of frustration for town where they then have to guess at which slots they've exiled that are doused and then when eLo actually is becomes an uncertainty.

Granted, the forest fire setup I played in I was snowed by an RC/Ankamius scum team so that may have contributed to my frustration with the setup.
You were also in the one where I replaced RC iirc
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3206 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by Dannflor »

yeah that one was a town stomp and was this exact setup versus northsidegal's forest fire setup

Releasing:

Farren's Topic
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3207 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Isis »

I'm chuckling from how clumsy Farren thinks I am with not tracking my own votes and such
I think I just play mafia different
"Well, I..."
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Farren
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3208 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by Farren »

Still fun playing with you. :)
Mish-Mash Janitor

Please PM me for any Mish-Mash maintenance needs!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3209 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:55 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3204, Isis wrote:Hectic how did you know I was town?
I was just such a town boi in my brief time here on D1 that he couldn't shake that impression
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3210 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:58 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 88, Menalque wrote:I only play in playerlists with loads of good players to get carried to victories and to keep my sweet, sweet win rate % high so I can continue to fool people into thinking I know what I'm doing muahahaha

(am I becoming isis)
incidentally, Isis, I saw you wondering about this and I didn't mean anything by it -- I purely meant that I felt my phrasing of this joke, not the content, was approaching yours (evidently you'd disagree)
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3211 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Isis »

Oh, nah, I format humor that way I just thought I was supposed to be on the receiving end
"Well, I..."
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3212 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by Bell »

Ydrasse: Correct.
In post 735, Bell wrote:Self-narration is when a player trys to construct an accounting of their own internal experience.
Perhaps said differently, it's when a player thinks out loud to get into their town character. The issue is right there in the wording, they don't need to type out their internal reasoning unprompted unless someone asks because they're town already. But a scum player that needs to fake the perspective of a town player might write something like that.
In post 736, Bell wrote:You can see a lot of examples of her talking about her internal reasoning prompted and unprompted. Sometimes she says she doesn't share her change in reads. But she consistently shares what she is internally thinking about whatever topic she's on. By saying 'I think' etc.
Danflorr: Wrong.
In post 1032, Bell wrote:Does dannflorr always think out loud?
In post 1034, Bell wrote:He’a pinged my scumdar twice by thinking outloud.
In post 1058, Bell wrote:
In post 1044, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1032, Bell wrote:Does dannflorr always think out loud?I tend to try to be as transparent with my thoughts as possible yes
[/qoute]

Post#75.WhiteVion: Correct.

Mason PT: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=83723&start=75
Bell wrote:Vion's post 1305 reads as third person, there was evidenencece of this earlier too. I associate this sort of writing slightly with mafia because they're trying to construct a town perspective and they tend to write "what I would think as town" in this sort of style.
Not sure how to link directly to the specific post in the locked thread.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3213 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by Bell »

:facepalm:
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3214 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by Bell »

Don't mind me!
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3215 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by Isis »

"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Open Games”