Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

hi MT!
In post 1399, Morning Tweet wrote:Are you referring to a different VLA? If not, what's up with this "I was leaning Scipio scum before" comment?
No I was not, and I think it's pretty self-explanatory? I was leaning Scipio scum before Salsa's V/LA. I didn't say anything about it.
you mention Salsa as your strongest scum by a reasonable gap, is there a reason in particular you didn't vote for her?
because I like taking my time and hate making decisions?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

A50 seems like town to me and it doesn't seem like anyone feels to the contrary
In post 1314, Scipio1 wrote:a50 is pretty much always town from that flip
I also trust whatever this refers to is correct
In post 1324, Almost50 wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 659, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 649, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:we are definitely going off-wagon for the elim today.
In post 600, Rockhopper wrote:
VC 1.17
Not voting (2):
Something_Smart, implosion

Not_Mafia (1):
Minimegabyte
Dunnstral (1):
Salsabil Faria
Battle Mage (1):
Artemiana
Artemiana (7) (HAMMER)
:
Battle Mage, Not_Mafia, PenguinPower, PookyTheMagicalBear, Scipio1, Almost50, Save The Dragons
Something_Smart (1):
Dunnstral

With 7 votes, Artemiana has been eliminated. They were a
Mafia Goon

Night 1 ends in (expired on 2021-03-20 00:21:14)
Who do you suspicious of most from the off-wagon?

This is probably what tricked salsabil into shooting Pooky.
she killed pooky for saying he preferred an off-wagon elim that included her early in the game, even though he (so I'm told) hard townread her later in the game? Unsure that'd happen
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:44 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1400, Something_Smart wrote:hi MT!
In post 1399, Morning Tweet wrote:Are you referring to a different VLA? If not, what's up with this "I was leaning Scipio scum before" comment?
No I was not, and I think it's pretty self-explanatory? I was leaning Scipio scum before Salsa's V/LA. I didn't say anything about it.
you mention Salsa as your strongest scum by a reasonable gap, is there a reason in particular you didn't vote for her?
because I like taking my time and hate making decisions?
You had Salsa as scum over Scipio with a "reasonable gap" before Salsa went V/ka, that's what I'm referring to. I ask because it seems potentially helpful for you to pivot here while still keeping Scipio in your sights

And I suppose that's fair, although I was under the impression new content wasn't really poppin off so if you had her by a decent margin, well.. it'd be better than you being eliminated
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:59 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1285, Scipio1 wrote:wtf do you mean by "the traitor is hiding purposely" isn't that like... the point of the game???
lmfao

I don't know what this (presumably) neapolitan - traitor fake claim reaction test whatever business by A50 is but i think there's more evidence for him being town in those pages
In post 1213, Salsabil Faria wrote:Is this allowed that the last scum and the traitor can give hints to each other in the day phase?

it's too obvious an answer to be true i promise you hahaha

At the moment it comes across to me as most likely SS but i have paranoia for implosion as so far I mostly noticed him defend Salsa which is correct but also interestingly is a take that seems unique to him. I wonder just how scummy Salsa has been (or what implo's reasoning for TRing there is). i must learn more!!

And Scipio i thought came across as genuine in areas

STD is a really unfortunate name acronym, i like dragons a lot more for them
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:24 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1121, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:it's between implo and dunn for me

implo cuz battle mage got shot last night and he was all up for killing implo

dunn cuz he's literally done nothing except push town.

maybe they're both baddies who knows.

let's wait for Sergeant Salsa to check in and then pick one of these two to yeet.
I see that Pooky would be distancing implo. I wish i knew whether or not he'd do that to a partner, cause apparently Pooky was so widely townread the mafia were fooled so it *is* possible he thought he could win on his own if the bus went all the way through

HEy! I just realized this is sort of a second 1v1 situation between me and S_S coming just a single game after the last one. Well kinda. I guess im not sure it's him yet although i'm getting the impression it'd be a lot simpler for it to be him rather than implo

SS makes a lot of succinct observations, statements and the like, there's just nothing that really gives him negative equity with flipped scum nor anything that seems hard to fake that ive seen so far. But to be fair, it's the way SS usually plays

Spoiler:
In post 1014, MiniMegabyte wrote:Follower
N1 followed STD and they went nowhere
In post 1015, Save The Dragons wrote:wait then why do you think i'm scum?
In post 1016, MiniMegabyte wrote:Cause there is still a possibilty
In post 1020, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1017, MiniMegabyte wrote:You could be the traitor or the other scum and you had your buddy do the kill it doesn't clear you
err the buddy was dead though?
Now this is something special

I see pooky did more to bus implo, like he was on implo even before the BM nightkill happened. On day two! Was Pooky so townread then that he'd have the confidence to go it alone as a traitor? he did seem like he was trying to get that thru asap to me and that is also coming off of bussing the last one. Could pooky do it, totally, although thats a lot less simple than he tried to soft to SS and Art exactly and thats it

I presume that Art was really scummy or a big candidate at the time, so asking SS if Art is scum just makes sense as a question. adding on "Are you scum?" seems so pointless for that stage in the game. But Pooky jests so you wouldnt really think about it
In post 463, Battle Mage wrote:good cop...ok....

"Golly gosh, gee whiz, I didn't mean to offend with my vote! You're innocent until proven guilty, and I'll give you every chance to get yourself off the hook. But you need to help me, help you. Otherwise I won't be able to keep you safe from that trolly Penguin and the Pookster. Just confide in me, tell me the truth - are you scum? Is that why you've been brazenly trying to kill the good guys? I can get you a good lawyer, maybe just a suspended sentence. But you need to start talking."
I love this
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:01 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 464, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Detective Mage Cow is a natural at this

This might be the best Animal Police Department I've ever been a part of
does that mean i might have been a part of it!!? Nooooo, i show up late and now the department is completely vacated!

I'm just now realizing I have accidentally skipped really far back, that or ive just been plowing through these pages but somehow i dont think i got this far

Damn its just now hitting me how often Pooky busses for someone who proclaims to never sell out his fellow partners when its possible for him to do anything else. Like he doesnt bus like mad but he totally does ive seen it like at least two times which isnt that many but it is when he says he will never bus

I dont know my main thought through reading through here is that im jealous i didnt get to be in the fanfiction really. All the talkative players are fucking dead too bro

i would have definitely bought this Mini case by implo myself to be honest. That's the kind of tell (engagement and activity) that will get me as mafia and i would probably guess it applies to Mini
In post 721, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 718, Battle Mage wrote:I think it was highly likely Artemiana was getting run up as soon as the Pooky-Penguin-NotMafia-BM block all voted there. There was no alternative wagon of any consequence. It was incredibly predictable, and I think a scum PR probably wants to be jumping on there late to get some cred which they will need to see them through.

You're right it would be really bad for their partner to lose them, but it was also looking inevitable earlier than you suggest.
yea but it makes no sense for SS-scum to soft-defend the latewagoners - he needs every mis-elim he can get at this point

scum should be trying to broaden POE not shrink it.
In post 723, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I'd kill Implo over SS any day of the week tho I'm not even sure I want to limit the elim to those two slots.
Think, think, think..
In post 718, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 713, Something_Smart wrote:I think you are underestimating how bad it is for scum to lose a member D1. Follower becomes a cop. Jailkeeper becomes even stronger than a cop. Artemiana wasn't a consensus execution until those late people jumped on-- she hadn't even given any content.
I think it was highly likely Artemiana was getting run up as soon as the Pooky-Penguin-NotMafia-BM block all voted there. There was no alternative wagon of any consequence. It was incredibly predictable, and I think a scum PR probably wants to be jumping on there late to get some cred which they will need to see them through.

You're right it would be really bad for their partner to lose them, but it was also looking inevitable earlier than you suggest.
Mindmelding w/ BM on this one. At least, I'm guessing i would have, i havent actually read that far back yet. When a block of trustable townies vote somebody (even just a few) and theres no CW in sight without u having to create your own case, votes on that wagon after that point do not matter one way or the other. It's like a formality in my opinion
In post 716, Scipio1 wrote:
In post 707, Something_Smart wrote:I was willing to believe that Salsa's first dumbtell could be faked but this one seems quite unlikely to be fake. I think she's probably just town.
agreed
UNVOTE:
Whatever this is not true anymore?
In post 710, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 702, Battle Mage wrote:Artemiana being so pissed off makes me think it slightly more likely they were being bussed.
This is actually an interesting theory

I would say that the most likely busser (aside from STD who doesn't count) is you, but I'm not sure I feel that way now because you were the first one to bring this up.
You talk a lot like i do when I'm scum, although I'm starting to head into confirm bias

(I see the townslips now, I certainly buy them at least (・ω<) I honestly dont think Salsa would try that as a scum tactic. Seems that you dont feel so strongly about it anymore?)
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:26 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 669, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 667, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 664, Save The Dragons wrote:damn this thread is hoppin' need to go back and reread all that's been posted since day 2 before i vote, but...

in hindsight, i think it's likely that penguin hid behind n_m after crumbing it

i'd like to go off wagon today
What does this
crumbing
mean exactly? And where did he do that on
Not_Mafia
? Cause I'm thinking it's
implosion
?
crumbing (from bread crumbing, the hansel and gretal story) means leaving behind a hint about a role. this is the crumb i think
In post 591, PenguinPower wrote:Artemiana, more like LyingClodpole.
where he uses n_m verbiage of "clodpole" from the beginning of the day to indicate where he is hiding. an astute scum may have actually figured that out...
Oh yes that is right, the N1 NM nightkill. If NM played d1 to his typical m.o. (and i mean he did talk more than im used to but he certainly wasnt the one to catch Art), why would Salsa ever kill there, I wonder? Would be open to hearing others thoughts on that

Also, it was completely necessary for Penguin to crumb the visit as a weak role and that was p much undisputedly the crumb. Does scum know the exact power roles town has ? Yes they do, well, the ones town "can have" anyway.
In post 2, Rockhopper wrote:- Neopolitan
- Jailkeeper
- Follower
- Doctor
- Weak Hider
- Innocent Child (revealed start of Day 1)
Only one of these always crumbs a visit. Dragons is definitely on the mark with this, I mean i guess that was obvious given the night kill was not mafia but whatever -- my greater point being that I don't think Salsa would have realized the clodpole idea nor would she have the familiarity with the setup to know to even look for someone saying they're about to visit someone. Thats something a really savvy goon would do cause Weak Hider should ALWAYS crumb their visit, that just makes sense

Additionally given that she apparently didnt realize traitors are allowed to secretly communicate, I dont think she knows what crumbing is at all anyway

So the kill on the traitor? Seems really bad for Salsa (esp given that she didnt know the traitor and maf could communicate!) and convinced me as an outsider. But this one? No, it'd never happen because in part that she couldn't have read a crumb! And that would mean that she
just happened
to attack Not Mafia of all people (I guarantee you there were better, like BM and Dragons for instance if they were townread D1 like they are later ??) when it
just happened
to be the perfectly optimal play for a savvy mafia to make. i dont see this possibility.

And this was stuff that was agreed on by both SS and Scipio! Until the elim pool got reduced down, anyway. Enough talking about Salsa though
In post 1332, Almost50 wrote:@implo: Why speak against it when it works directly against him if he is scum? I mean, the "tone" of that post sounds "unpleased" with it
I feel like you're demonstrating exactly why he would do that

Especially considering what SS thinks about how the traitor works wont change how it works
In post 649, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:we are definitely going off-wagon for the elim today.
I can't find it now but whoever used this as speculation for why Salsa kills Pooky, it just seems so.. 'particular'. This was days before Pooky was killed, not directed at Salsa in particular, never caused anything bad for Salsa, and also Pooky advocated for Salsa being town at least a couple times in the days to follow. I would never come to the conclusion that this makes Salsa feel he's a good kill when he explicitly calls her town and this only calls her out in the most indirect of ways AND was on a previous day anyway! This was day two, no?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:28 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

yes i do feel accomplished solving that Salsa is not mafia thank you for asking
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:30 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Although I guess this answers my implo question earlier, I do think i would find Salsa as comparable to A50 towniness-wise in my own reads at this point in the game. I do not find this unusual from implo

I instead find it somewhat unusual that Scipio/SS discard their previous feelings
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:59 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Spoiler:
In post 601, Rockhopper wrote:

Not_Mafia was killed Night 1. They were a
Vanilla Townie

PenguinPower was found dead Day 2. They were a
Town Weak Hider

Day 2 begins.
In post 621, Almost50 wrote:
In post 614, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 611, Almost50 wrote:EXACTLY! This is PROOF he didn't die hiding behind N_M
Uh... Show your work?
What do you mean? N_M died at night, PP died at the start of the day. The two did not die "simultaneously". I thought YOU should explain that as a member of the NRG.
Lol wat since when is that how it works

What is this though why is the kill flavour different? I see now it was confirmed to not be anything. Still I guess i can never be too sure A50 is town
In post 603, implosion wrote:I don't really see anything that looks like a crumb in Penguin's recent posting but I didn't look all that far back. It's entirely possible he'd hide behind N_M tbh.
My soul wants to believe thissss

I'm at BM for real now ahahaha

Wheres that post by Dragons where they mention SS being frustrated with the minimal amount of shitposting is peculiar? Is that usually something you care about, or was it this game in particular? It hasnt really seemed so bad to me

Does seem kind of annoying that everyone kinda just trickles on Art and joke around as they do I guess, right around that wagon forming it was probably at its peak from what ive read so far

Oh I see the part where the three pillars of town vote Art and basically sentence her to death. Still have not seen a single gameplay related post from Art yet, was she actually in this game? Funny though -- only BM gives reasoning and it aint bad but it *is* only one person with a bunch of basically sheep votes and the reasoning relies on Art being absent/weakly present. A strong voice could have started suspicion somewhere if they really wanted.

Although if Art doesnt start playing I guess she really was dead, that would be pretty annoying to play. Also it kind of made Pooky just seem like a town block bro and not the traitor
In post 331, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 330, MiniMegabyte wrote:
In post 325, Almost50 wrote:Like, seriously.. SIX players have posted less than N_M??
Why is that something worth mentioning
Because nm is a notoriously low content player.
Holy shit how does that happen

There must have been quite some time to get a wagon going on anyone other than Art surely? So much time to speak up and be listened to by less than active players, right?

Actually kind of serious question to the audience (or Implo themself):
Is implo that type of player?
As in, are you likely to take control and get your own reads pushed through if it's beneficial to you, or are you more likely to make observations and really only take control when you're quite certain (so more passive). I ask because it feels like when a mafia elim based on like relatively nothing early goes through, a strong mafia voice could have prevented it if they like, but if the other mafia is passive, they cant really do much at all

I want to say implo had a hand in Dunn/Mini getting axed (especially Mini i remember a large case!). So if implo is scum, why doesnt something come out early game? They're not even voting page 14 of d1 (a few pages b4 art wagon starts)
In post 325, Almost50 wrote:
VC 1.12
Not voting (2):
In post 425, implosion wrote:beep.
I agree artemiana is wrong that it's wrong to wagon someone who's V/LA but like, from a pragmatics perspective it's sort of wrong (in that it's less useful) and I don't think her reaction is especially scum-indicative.

@STD: I probably will vote at some point idk. But also I think it's a pretty good meme if I don't until S_S does. If there's something that tickles my fancy enough I could.
lul

and it appears they didnt reallly have any plans to do anything after the wagon either, unless they really felt the need to

(im not asking this stuff for SS as I already know he's more of an observant player than one who usually throws his vote around to get stuff going)
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:18 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

This game's been going on since the beginning of march? how come i can read it all in like 3 hours
In post 280, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 275, MiniMegabyte wrote:
In post 240, Save The Dragons wrote:im a wolf
Isnt wolf another word for scum? If so that’s a very open scum claim
lmao i'm a furry dude
I am really surprised nobody else pushed that as a traitor crumb, holy hell. master splinter is no wolf
In post 153, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:imploscum can't keep up with our good vibes so he's putting up the white flag and bailing hard.
I dont know i feel like this is Pooky genuinely poking at a townie implo here and generally in the early game (Granted yes this is stupid early lol, but pooky continues trying to suspect / get implo killed to his death does he not?)

Maybe could argue the early joking was Pooky trying to show he "knew" implo was scum but like he was trying to kill implo for real later in the game so :I

Obviously he was on Art too, but that wasn't his own choice, that was BM's. Implo was fully his choice and he was pooky's first

Alright that's the whole thing. I've been mafia starved
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:39 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

So as it stands I think A50 and Salsa(from an outside perspective) are the towniest. If you only focus on the traitor kill and Salsa's concession, she's a very sensible suspect, however, look at the slips that *we all seemed to agree* she did and compare that to the NM kill. Does that ever happen?

Scipio is like a soul townread, I dont have a solid case but he comes across as genuine to me.

Implosion I do want to hear more about their playstyle -- but from what I can tell from their approach to Mini/Dunn, why couldnt they have been actively doing something D1? Art could have lived considering she basically went down to next to nothing. Yeah it got snowballed out of control I suppose and the "townblock" of sorts had a solid grasp on her, but a second wagon? A second suspect of sorts? Anything? No one was playing d1 apparently! Implo could do it on the other days, so why not there i suppose. If it is more typical for implo to take a back seat though, then this point is perhaps less strong

The traitorrrr crumbbbb. Pooky would have tried to signal the mafia in the four days he spent living, I have no doubt in my mind he tried. Does it seem like he was trying to signal to implo, or does it seem like he was trying to kill implo at every opportunity (yes "kill" is a bit dramatic, but relative to how strong pushes seem to be this game)? it seemed like the second to me. And he doesnt do much with SS besides mention he greatly prefers implo to him once and also maybe maybe mayyybe signal traitor to him.

Who is agreeing with me on Salsa, well just implo it seems. Kind of surprising although again, if you forget those particular bits I think she comes off like a really sensible kill. Still! Why are we forgetting those parts?

As for why SS doesn't just off her while he can -- SS isn't lying about being pretty laid back with his vote, i can buy it I think. He would have had to start the wagon or quickhammer it. Probably neutral on that overall

i cannot wait to talk to somebody sometime! Well, this is like my most active time frame i can play and if nobody's around now... (・・;) oh well I'm sure it'll be alright!
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:57 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1371, Something_Smart wrote:I mean implo also tried to argue that Pooky pushing me was a soft so like

excuse me for not totally trusting his judgement there
Hold on, "Pooky pushing you"?

The closest Pooky got to pushing you the entire game was here (you're at 1 vote at the time):
Spoiler:
In post 440, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:SS putting on his detective hat now

I like it.

who's scum here SS?
In post 412, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:It sounds like you don't want to join the townblock :O
In post 387, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:wait wtf you answered maybe to "are you scum?"
In post 388, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:VOTE: SS

LOLOLOL

Which is followed immediately by this return to Art and more favourable stance on you anyway:
In post 437, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Ok let's give her a nice welcome home from Vacay

VOTE: Artemiana
In post 440, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:SS putting on his detective hat now

I like it.

who's scum here SS?
He never talks about you ever again from this point on except once to say this:
In post 917, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:SS townbinned for trying to nerf the mafia team midgame lololololol
-

And about the soft itself -- he wasn't pushing you. The first time he ever engages with you is this:
In post 384, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:are you being pushed by scum?

is arte scum?

are you scum?

answer at least one of the above.
Which led into the aforementioend shit-push that lasted all of 30 seconds. This is his first engagement with you, and i've now listed every other interaction he ever had with you in this post of mine

So what exactly about implo's stance seems untrustworthy here? I feel like your portrayal of it as "Pooky pushing you" is somewhat disingenuous and not really true. is an odd thing to randomly ask. Especially combined with how Pooky would almost certainly try to signal his buddies *somewhere*, I am convinced of that
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:05 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1405, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 721, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 718, Battle Mage wrote:I think it was highly likely Artemiana was getting run up as soon as the Pooky-Penguin-NotMafia-BM block all voted there. There was no alternative wagon of any consequence. It was incredibly predictable, and I think a scum PR probably wants to be jumping on there late to get some cred which they will need to see them through.

yea but it makes no sense for SS-scum to soft-defend the latewagoners - he needs every mis-elim he can get at this point

scum should be trying to broaden POE not shrink it.
In post 723, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I'd kill Implo over SS any day of the week tho I'm not even sure I want to limit the elim to those two slots.
okayyy i forgot about these pooky mentions of SS but neither of these are pushing SS either

Point is, there's more to the soft than "pushing SS" -- calling it simply "pushing SS" makes it sound weak (since pooky pushes a lot of people), but in reality he never pushed SS + that's not even why the soft is odd
Scipio1
Scipio1
Goon
Scipio1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by Scipio1 »

so much cold feet.
Scipio1
Scipio1
Goon
Scipio1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by Scipio1 »

the n_m n1 is something i forgot about, and yeah, that does seem 10x more likely to come from s_s or implo than from salsa, especially given salsa was derpclearing herself regarding hiders and the n1 kills
Scipio1
Scipio1
Goon
Scipio1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:06 pm

Post by Scipio1 »

In post 1401, Morning Tweet wrote:I also trust whatever this refers to is correct
basically the fact that pooky's reaction to a50 fake guiltying him (which is a towntell in itself) is not really something a traitor does to their main scum, like ever.
Scipio1
Scipio1
Goon
Scipio1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by Scipio1 »

i'm so tempted to just hammer s_s rn

mt who do you think is scummier between implo and s_s?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1396, Morning Tweet wrote:hiya SS and A50! been a minute

And hello implosion n Scipio as well!
Hi there. IF you're Town; I sure hope you can convince me. Unfortunately your predecessor couldn't.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by implosion »

MT wrote:Actually kind of serious question to the audience (or Implo themself): Is implo that type of player? As in, are you likely to take control and get your own reads pushed through if it's beneficial to you, or are you more likely to make observations and really only take control when you're quite certain (so more passive). I ask because it feels like when a mafia elim based on like relatively nothing early goes through, a strong mafia voice could have prevented it if they like, but if the other mafia is passive, they cant really do much at all
As scum I mostly just try to get by and do whatever I can that looks town. I am quite sure that I would not have tried to come to Artemiana's defense in this game as scum. I feel like scum probably felt like she was dead weight with how she reacted to the v/la pressure. That said, I also wouldn't describe what I did as coming to her defense and it might be something I'd have done as scum. Tbh it's hard to be sure bc she was the only other non-traitor scum in the game and I'm not sure if I would have tried to join the crusade or whatever.

also jesus you have so much more motivation than anyone else alive right now lol
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:20 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1417, Scipio1 wrote:i'm so tempted to just hammer s_s rn

mt who do you think is scummier between implo and s_s?
It seems most likely to me that SS is last scum standing

i find it more likely right now that scum would take advantage of A50's SR on Salsa here than TR Salsa strongly as implo does. I think SS has the most convenient/odd approach to Salsa overall:
In post 671, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 657, Salsabil Faria wrote:Umm, but if he targeted Not_Mafia at N1, then why he isn't alive?
...Because N_M died?
In post 707, Something_Smart wrote:I was willing to believe that Salsa's first dumbtell could be faked but this one seems quite unlikely to be fake. I think she's probably just town.
This is the tell that *strongly* implies that Salsa wouldn't make the NM kill. She seems to have no idea how Hider works
AND we learn later she doesn't know how crumbing works (since she thinks it's not allowed) so how in god's name would she know to look for a hider visit crumb anyway?

I am taking this as confirmation SS agrees with that not being faked. However..
In post 1171, Something_Smart wrote:Salsa -> me -> Scipio for the remaining claim order?
In post 1191, Something_Smart wrote:I see why Scipio would be spewed town.

I do not see why Salsa would be spewed town.
Seems to have Salsa at the lowest back here
In post 1288, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1286, Scipio1 wrote:s_s who do you think is scum
Neither Salsa nor A50 are making a lot of sense to me right now. I think I would favor Salsa being scum because A50 is known not to make sense as town, and he was on the Artemiana wagon besides.
In post 1330, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1329, Almost50 wrote:So you do agree it's salsabil.... or scipio. Yes??
Yeah.

My reads right now are (town) implosion - A50 - (sizable gap) - Scipio - (reasonable gap) - Salsa (scum).
And he consistently does have her lowest. Even though he finds that A50 isn't making sense the day before pooky dies, he does agree with him that Salsa is scummiest the following day -- i assume cause of this:
Spoiler:
In post 1324, Almost50 wrote:
In post 659, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 600, Rockhopper wrote:
VC 1.17
Not voting (2):

Not_Mafia (1):
Minimegabyte
Dunnstral (1):
Salsabil Faria
Battle Mage (1):
Artemiana
Artemiana (7) (HAMMER)
:
Battle Mage, Not_Mafia, PenguinPower, PookyTheMagicalBear, Scipio1, Almost50, Save The Dragons
Something_Smart (1):
Dunnstral

With 7 votes, Artemiana has been eliminated. They were a
Mafia Goon

Night 1 ends in (expired on 2021-03-20 00:21:14)
Who do you suspicious of most from the off-wagon?
This is probably what tricked salsabil into shooting Pooky.
Scipio also agrees Salsa scummiest right after, momentum against was fantastic here and i dont think it would have been hard to notice (i did as an observer assume she was scum)

Salsa votes herself, A50 votes, A50 unvotes, A50 revotes, then implo starts a wagon on S_S that A50 joins. Scipio puts Salsa to E-1.

That all happens over the span of 4ish days and there is very little content in there. Notably S_S had ~2-3 days to vote Salsa (his strongest scumread) or mention anything about her, but chooses not to

The only thing he does in this time frame is say "Don't rush it", argue against the potential pooky traitor soft to him, appeal to A50 a bit, and then ask Scipio why he's rushing it

There's like 2 extra days where nothing happens from anybody, THEN and only then does Salsa rep out and SS like, immediately comments on it being frustrating

Now granted Salsa isn't doing anything and he's probably interested in primarily observing her I suppose, but he doesn't actively put anything out for her to respond to as far as I can see. Also, Salsa straight up asks to be eliminated and SS doesn't vote or comment on that -- he instead kinda-shades Scipio for voting her in response and says nothing else

Afterward the rep out SS says he was actually preferring Scipio over Salsa so i think the idea here is pretty clear; have Salsa die and then have Scipio take the fall for it. I think the hope is A50 decides to axe Salsa (And A50 has been very adamant about that read thus far) and then 1v1 Scipio tomorrow. SS probably loses if he kills off Salsa himself I think, so he's banking on that happening.

I feel like this has a decent chance of being true because SS just doesnt give the appearance of someone who's sold Salsa is scum (he's at 2 votes and he never votes even when salsa is at 0-1!) nor that of someone who is truly suspicious of Scipio either. If he really were thinking Scipio was the true scum (or that there's a sizable chance of that), then where's the energy? Why does he even think it could be Scipio now (overriding his "sizable gap" between Salsa and Scipio earlier), is it just because of ? Cause nothing else seemed to have happened and if SS did his own independent analysis you'd think he'd show something of it

and again why are we forgetting that Salsa couldn't have killed NM?!?!?!
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:28 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Uh as for implo, Pooky's somewhat bussy stances towards him, him not forgetting why Salsa is town, and mm I kind of want to say he would have had any kind of scumread D1 during the period where Art was being (mainly) shitpushed cause anything would have worked there. But gotta see if implo is a player who would be more likely to do that first
In post 1419, implosion wrote:
MT wrote:Actually kind of serious question to the audience (or Implo themself): Is implo that type of player? As in, are you likely to take control and get your own reads pushed through if it's beneficial to you, or are you more likely to make observations and really only take control when you're quite certain (so more passive). I ask because it feels like when a mafia elim based on like relatively nothing early goes through, a strong mafia voice could have prevented it if they like, but if the other mafia is passive, they cant really do much at all
As scum I mostly just try to get by and do whatever I can that looks town. I am quite sure that I would not have tried to come to Artemiana's defense in this game as scum. I feel like scum probably felt like she was dead weight with how she reacted to the v/la pressure. That said, I also wouldn't describe what I did as coming to her defense and it might be something I'd have done as scum. Tbh it's hard to be sure bc she was the only other non-traitor scum in the game and I'm not sure if I would have tried to join the crusade or whatever.

also jesus you have so much more motivation than anyone else alive right now lol
I don't mean so much come to Art's defense (I mean, there really was no defense there) as actually be a strong voice doing anything anywhere. Like, i could imagine a louder push overriding the Art one since there wasn't really too much substance behind it early (just 1 post by BM and that was IT for a long time until there was a little more by either BM or NM i forget) and the voters were pretty volatile (at least Pooky and NM). Combine that with how 6-7 players had less posts than NM? The game was pretty much begging for someone to take control of it but scum seemed to be content letting it progress naturally and that got Art killed

What made me think you'd be capable of doing this was that pretty lengthy and convincing case on Mini on a later day. I strongly get the impression had scum done something like that D1, heat would have gone off of Art. Or it at least would have been a fairly decent plan of attack

^w^
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:32 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1418, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1396, Morning Tweet wrote:hiya SS and A50! been a minute

And hello implosion n Scipio as well!
Hi there. IF you're Town; I sure hope you can convince me. Unfortunately your predecessor couldn't.
Hmmmmm, well lemme grab the stuff tailored to convincing you that it is in fact not me/Salsa

i've been super rambly and I can't imagine anyone is actually bothering to read everything I'm saying so here's the important bits on that topic:
In post 1406, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 669, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 667, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 664, Save The Dragons wrote:damn this thread is hoppin' need to go back and reread all that's been posted since day 2 before i vote, but...

in hindsight, i think it's likely that penguin hid behind n_m after crumbing it

i'd like to go off wagon today
What does this
crumbing
mean exactly? And where did he do that on
Not_Mafia
? Cause I'm thinking it's
implosion
?
crumbing (from bread crumbing, the hansel and gretal story) means leaving behind a hint about a role. this is the crumb i think
In post 591, PenguinPower wrote:Artemiana, more like LyingClodpole.
where he uses n_m verbiage of "clodpole" from the beginning of the day to indicate where he is hiding. an astute scum may have actually figured that out...
Oh yes that is right, the N1 NM nightkill. If NM played d1 to his typical m.o. (and i mean he did talk more than im used to but he certainly wasnt the one to catch Art), why would Salsa ever kill there, I wonder? Would be open to hearing others thoughts on that

Also, it was completely necessary for Penguin to crumb the visit as a weak role and that was p much undisputedly the crumb. Does scum know the exact power roles town has ? Yes they do, well, the ones town "can have" anyway.
In post 2, Rockhopper wrote:- Neopolitan
- Jailkeeper
- Follower
- Doctor
- Weak Hider
- Innocent Child (revealed start of Day 1)
Only one of these always crumbs a visit. Dragons is definitely on the mark with this, I mean i guess that was obvious given the night kill was not mafia but whatever -- my greater point being that I don't think Salsa would have realized the clodpole idea nor would she have the familiarity with the setup to know to even look for someone saying they're about to visit someone. Thats something a really savvy goon would do cause Weak Hider should ALWAYS crumb their visit, that just makes sense

Additionally given that she apparently didnt realize traitors are allowed to secretly communicate, I dont think she knows what crumbing is at all anyway

So the kill on the traitor? Seems really bad for Salsa (esp given that she didnt know the traitor and maf could communicate!) and convinced me as an outsider. But this one? No, it'd never happen because in part that she couldn't have read a crumb! And that would mean that she
just happened
to attack Not Mafia of all people (I guarantee you there were better, like BM and Dragons for instance if they were townread D1 like they are later ??) when it
just happened
to be the perfectly optimal play for a savvy mafia to make. i dont see this possibility.

And this was stuff that was agreed on by both SS and Scipio! Until the elim pool got reduced down, anyway. Enough talking about Salsa though
In post 1406, Morning Tweet wrote:
I can't find it now but whoever used this as speculation for why Salsa kills Pooky, it just seems so.. 'particular'. This was days before Pooky was killed, not directed at Salsa in particular, never caused anything bad for Salsa, and also Pooky advocated for Salsa being town at least a couple times in the days to follow. I would never come to the conclusion that this makes Salsa feel he's a good kill when he explicitly calls her town and this only calls her out in the most indirect of ways AND was on a previous day anyway! This was day two, no?
In post 1411, Morning Tweet wrote:So as it stands I think A50 and Salsa(from an outside perspective) are the towniest. If you only focus on the traitor kill and Salsa's concession, she's a very sensible suspect, however, look at the slips that *we all seemed to agree* she did and compare that to the NM kill. Does that ever happen?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:35 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

for the record i too want to hammer SS but i also want to actually have some time to talk, see what I'm understanding correctly about the game and what I'm not.

in particular i don't want to miss something that i should have noticed incriminating scipio or implo cause I don't have them perfectly set away in my mind like I do A50/Salsa. Implo maybe getting there
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:50 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1420, Morning Tweet wrote:This is the tell that *strongly* implies that Salsa wouldn't make the NM kill. She seems to have no idea how Hider works AND we learn later she doesn't know how crumbing works (since she thinks it's not allowed) so how in god's name would she know to look for a hider visit crumb anyway?
is there a reason Salsa couldn't have killed NM for a reason other than the crumb?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!

Return to “Completed Open Games”