Town Psychologist

Spoiler: Links/Deadline
LinksDay 1: Post #7
Day 2: Post #697
Day 3: Post #1353
Day 4: Post #1492
Day 5: Post #1880

Deadline2021-06-07 15:00:00 +3.00

The game is now over. The mafia has won!
Last edited by lendunistus on Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:40 am, edited 27 times in total.
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:30 am

Post by lendunistus »

Role PMs will go out tomorrow.
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:40 am

Post by lendunistus »

Rules

(Adapted from northsidegal)

General

-Adhere to all site rules.
-Always play to win.
-Remember that this is a game - heated discussion is allowed, but personal attacks are not.
-Pretending to break the rules will be treated similarly as actually breaking the rules.
-Do not quote any out of game communication regarding this game - this includes your role PM, any other PMs I may send you and any PTs you may have. You are allowed to paraphrase. Any specific timestamps also fall under this rule.
-If you need to get my attention, please include "
@mod
" in your post or PM me.
-
This
(#800080) is my color. You can use it, if you want. Don't try to impersonate me though.
-Do not use encryption, hidden text or excessively small text in your posts.
-Do not use any form of provable randomness. This includes dice tags, screenshots of random.org, etc. Saying you flipped a coin is okay, providing some sort of proof that you did isn’t.
-Every day phase will last for 10 days maximum.
-Night phases will last for 48 hours maximum. On any given night, if all players PM me that they are okay to speed up the night and all night actions are submitted, it will end sooner.
-Do not post in the game thread or any private topics related to this game following your death, with the exception of the dead thread.
-If you have the ability to edit or delete your posts, do not do so.
-My decisions are final. If I feel you are violating any of the rules, I will take the appropriate action.
-As a general principle, whenever moderator action is required I will attempt to make the decision that has the least impact on the natural flow of gameplay. For example, force replacing instead of modkilling whenever possible.
-Have fun!

Voting

-Vote either with vote tags (VOTE: lendunistus) or with bold text (
vote: lendunistus
). You don't have to use the exact name, you can use shortened versions or abbreviations. Just make sure that I can understand who you're voting.
-If I think it's a vote, it's a vote. If I don’t think it’s a vote, it’s not a vote.
-Eliminations will occur when a majority (>50%) is reached. If no majority is reached before deadline, the day will end in a no elimination.
-You may vote No Elimination to not eliminate.
-Ending the day in a No Elimination only requires half of all players (50%) to vote No Elimination.
-Once majority has been reached, the game is in "twilight". Discussion may continue until I lock the thread but no further votes or unvotes will be counted.

Activity

-You are expected to make at least one game-relevant post every 48 hours. Players who go 48 hours without posting will be prodded.
-If you are prodded, you have 24 hours to post in-thread. If you do not respond within 24 hours, you will be replaced. Additionally, if I have to prod you 3 or more times, you will be replaced at my own discretion.
-If you're being replaced for inactivity and post in the game thread before I find a replacement for you, you get to stay.
-If you want to be replaced, send me a PM requesting replacement and do not talk about it at all in the main thread.
-Abuse of prod dodges will result in you being replaced at my own discretion.
-If you are going to be V/LA, please announce it in thread or PM me. If your V/LA will last 7 days or longer I may be forced to replace you.

Game Notes

-For night actions, this game will follow Natural Action Resolution.
-If you do not send me an action for the night, I will assume that you are not taking one.
-The Mafia private thread will be unlocked during the day as long as the Mafia Encryptor is alive. If the Mafia Encryptor dies, the Mafia private thread will only be unlocked during the night.
-Night actions may be submitted up until 10 minutes before the next day begins.
-If you would like for me to make a notes PT for you, PM me requesting me to do so and I will make one for you.
-You may make one "Bah!" post following your death. This post must be completely devoid of any content that could help advance the game and it must be posted at most 72 hours after your death.
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:46 am

Post by lendunistus »

Setup Info:

Aliensitter Needed!

13 Players:

1x Town Lover Babysitter - https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Babysitter; can't self-target
1x Town Lover Alien - https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Alien_(role) protects from kills, can't self-target
1x Town Macho Psychologist - https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Psychologist
7x Vanilla Townie
1x Mafia Cowardly Encryptor - https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Encryptor
1x Mafia Motion Detector - https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... n_Detector
1x Mafia 2-shot Roleblocker - https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Roleblocker

Lover - If a Lover dies by any means, their partner also dies instantly (this cannot be stopped). Lovers know each other's identity and have a PT, where they may talk at night.

Mafia daytalk is dependent on the survival of the Encryptor.

Cowardly - Unable to carry out the nightkill until they are the only mafia alive (which also means that Psychologist will yield a "not able to kill" result on them until that happens).

Macho - Any protective action targeted at this player (including abduction) will automatically fail.

Psychologist will yield a "can kill" result on the Babysitter.

If the Alien dies, the Babysitter's death will
not
trigger the death kill on their target.

Daystart. Mafia win upon parity with the town.

Mafia cannot multitask.

Mafia Roleblocker
action trumps the
Town Alien
action, if that were to apply.

Spoiler: Role PMs
Town Role PMs:

Vanilla TownieWelcome to
Open 810, Aliensitter Needed!
Your role is
Vanilla Townie

You have been living in the town for about a decade now at this point. Everything has gone normally, until an alien ship crashed in a nearby forest...

You have no special abilities.

You win when the town is the last remaining faction.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment.

Game Thread

Town Macho PsychologistWelcome to
Your role is
Town Macho Psychologist

You are the town's only psychologist. You decided to move here a few years ago, although your business hasn't gotten quite as much visitors as it previously did. Everything has gone normally, until an alien ship crashed in a nearby forest...

Each night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn whether or not that player has an unused active killing ability (which gives a "positive" result), as opposed to having no kill or a kill that has already been used (both of which give a "negative" result).

Any protective actions targeted at you (including abduction) will automatically fail.

Game Thread

Town Lover BabysitterWelcome to
Your role is
Town Lover Babysitter

You have been living in the town for about a decade now at this point. While taking a walk in the forest, you stumbled across a crashed alien ship which contained a small, child-like alien. You then swore to protect it until the end of time.

Each night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will be protected from one direct kill, but will die if you are killed. You may not target yourself.

You are in love with PLAYER, a Town Lover Alien! When either one of you dies, the other one will unavoidably leave the town. While both of you are alive, at night, you may post in the Lover PT, found here.

Game Thread

Town Lover AlienWelcome to
Your role is
Town Lover Alien

You were flying above Earth in your spaceship, when suddenly it failed and you crashed in a forest. A human found you and you're now pretty much dependent on them. However, you have still retained the ability to contact your colony...

Each night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, all actions used by that player that Night, and all other actions targeted at that player that night, will be blocked. You may not target yourself.

You are in love with PLAYER, a Town Lover Babysitter! When either one of you dies, the other one will unavoidably leave the town. While both of you are alive, at night, you may post in the Lover PT, found here.

Game Thread

Mafia Role PMs:

Mafia Cowardly EncryptorWelcome to
Your role is
Mafia Cowardly Encryptor

You are a member of the local mafia that has been terrorising the town for decades. However, recently, an alien spaceship crashed in a nearby forest. You and your partners, PLAYER (a Mafia 2-Shot Roleblocker) and PLAYER (a Mafia Motion Detector) have decided to capitalise on this opportunity and take over the town once and for all.

Each night,
if you are the last mafioso alive,
you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will die.

You may speak with your teammates in this PT while you are alive. While you are alive, this PT will be unlocked at all times.

You win when the Mafia is the last remaining faction or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Game Thread

Mafia Motion DetectorWelcome to
Your role is
Mafia Motion Detector

You are a member of the local mafia that has been terrorising the town for decades. However, recently, an alien spaceship crashed in a nearby forest. You and your partners, PLAYER (a Mafia 2-Shot Roleblocker) and PLAYER (a Mafia Cowardly Encryptor) have decided to capitalise on this opportunity and take over the town once and for all.

Each night, if no other member of your faction is performing this action, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will die.

Each night, if you are not already performing the factional kill, you may detect motion around a player. Assuming no interference with your action, if your target visits someone or gets visited at night, you will get a positive result. Otherwise, you will get a negative result.

You may speak with your teammates in this PT while you are alive. While the Encryptor is alive, this PT will be unlocked at all times.

You win when the Mafia is the last remaining faction or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Game Thread

Mafia 2-Shot RoleblockerWelcome to
Your role is
Mafia 2-Shot Roleblocker

You are a member of the local mafia that has been terrorising the town for decades. However, recently, an alien spaceship crashed in a nearby forest. You and your partners, PLAYER (a Mafia Motion Detector) and PLAYER (a Mafia Cowardly Encryptor) have decided to capitalise on this opportunity and take over the town once and for all.

Each night, if no other member of your faction is performing this action, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will die.

Twice in the game at night, if you are not already performing the factional kill, you may roleblock a player. Assuming no interference with your action, any night actions that your target may have will fail that night.

You may speak with your teammates in this PT while you are alive. While the Encryptor is alive, this PT will be unlocked at all times.

Game Thread
Last edited by lendunistus on Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:13 am

Post by lendunistus »

Sending out role PMs now
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:48 am

Post by lendunistus »

Role PMs have been sent out!

Day 1 will start when 11 players have confirmed their Role PMs. Everyone has until the 2nd of May, Sunday, 2021 at 3pm EDT to confirm their Role PMs. If you don't confirm your Role PM in time, you will be replaced.

Confirmations so far:
Last edited by lendunistus on Sat May 01, 2021 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by lendunistus »

I forgot to include "You may not target yourself" in the Town Alien and Babysitter role PMs. This has since been fixed.

Apologies!
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:19 pm

Post by lendunistus »

11 confirmations have been received.

Day 1 has begun!

You may now post.

Day 1 will end when majority is reached or on the 11th of May, Tuesday, 2021 at 8am EDT, at which point there will be no elimination.
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:25 pm

Post by lendunistus »

Aliensitter Needed Votecount - Day 1

Votecount
Not Voting (13):
ManWithNoName, Almost50, Bingle, Dannflor, Lukewarm, Menalque, Pine, ProfessorDrapion, VFP, T3, Gypyx, GrandpaMo, PookyTheMagicalBear

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-05-11 15:00:00)

Vote HistoryNo votes yet
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:27 pm

Post by ProfessorDrapion »

I shall acquire the post that will start this game!
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:27 pm

(Thought I’d be different instead of saying “First”)
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:51 pm

Post by Gypyx »

VOTE: professor

stole my gimmick
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:13 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

ego
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:44 pm

Post by VFP »

VOTE: T3

Every post above me is town.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 12:09 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

you forgot me smh. im voting you for not looking into the future

VOTE: VFP

btw hey t3 and pooky!! nice playing again with you all
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 1:42 am

Post by Menalque »

i have a N0 guilty on bingle

VOTE: bingle
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 2:12 am

Post by Pine »

Well then

VOTE: Bingle
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 3:31 am

Post by VFP »

VOTE: Bingle
Get the Bingle!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 3:54 am

Post by Menalque »

Anyone who participates in limming Bingle before he posts gets free towncred tomorrow
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:11 am

But I don’t want no Cred.
Can I have a sandwich instead?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:15 am

Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:23 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 15, Menalque wrote:
i have a N0 guilty on bingle

Claim serial killer. If you leave me alive I promise to shoot Menalque. Show of hands, who doesn’t want that?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:24 am

Post by Bingle »

I see no hands. Clearly we’re all okay leashing me to kill mena.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:30 am

wtf theres a serial killer in this setup?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2021 4:31 am