She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 8:57 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 424, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 416, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ITS ALWAYS POSSIBLE

BUSSING IS THE FIRST RESORT OF SCUM WHO SEE A MASSIVE TOWN BLOCK AND CANT FIND A WAY TO GET IN
yea ig but isnt like every mafia a pr or sum. i havent even researched the roles lol i probably should
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 8:57 am

Post by Gypyx »

nice pagetop

more coming soon (tm)
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 9:31 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 421, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 420, Bingle wrote:Pooky, I think GPa believes his angles to be true regardless of his alignment, which makes me think at the very least he and Drap aren't S/S. Do you get a different vibe?
what is s/s?
Scum Scum. I don't think you and drap are both aligned with the mafia together based specifically on the impression that your reasoning is genuine. I could see a case for either of you individually, although I think you're probably just town playing at a surface level atm.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 9:41 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 385, VFP wrote:Scum want to find the masons here and I think you're trying to do exactly that.
FWIW, I don't think this is the goal if drap is scum. I think it's more likely he's looking to avoid making waves by getting a sense of how the town feels b/c he doesn't strike me as comfortable enough with his position to be PR hunting. Drap has come across as very self conscious about how he's being read and that doesn't mesh well with risking the limelight to worry about hunting PRs here.

If drap IS PR hunting it's likely on a team of fresher players, as anyone with experience will know that the best way to PR hunt is after the thread has locked for the night so that you don't accidentally out that you're planning out your NK.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 9:59 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 427, Bingle wrote:
In post 420, Bingle wrote:Pooky, I think GPa believes his angles to be true regardless of his alignment, which makes me think at the very least he and Drap aren't S/S. Do you get a different vibe?
what is s/s?
Scum Scum. I don't think you and drap are both aligned with the mafia together based specifically on the impression that your reasoning is genuine. I could see a case for either of you individually, although I think you're probably just town playing at a surface level atm.

fwiw i thought my reasonings were good ;-;

ig im still new to this overall game and sematics of the open games (this is my first ig)
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 10:04 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

also dann is leaning scum for me now, they were null, but if i dont hear from them soon enough, im going to lean them as scum.

poe so far: leaning gypx (between gypx + drap), leaning t3 (between luke + t3), nd dann

and almost50 goes back into my null pile.
and nm goes into my town pile.
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 10:24 am

Post by ProfessorDrapion »

In post 382, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 380, ProfessorDrapion wrote:
Professor’s Reads

ProfessorDrapion

Bingle

Menalque

Dannflor

GrandpaMo

VFP

Almost50

PookyTheMagicalBear

T3

ManWithNoName
Pine

Gypyx

Lukewarm
Is this ordered? If so, what has you putting Bingle at the very top of you town reads?
Bingle has been exceptionally Townie this game. (Or at least I think so)
They come in with a big post that had lots of production of interacting with.
They seem to be coming in looking for solves rather then coming in looking for agenda.
I like Bingle’s responses he’s been giving as they feel genuine.
Here’s some posts I like:
Post #129 I liked the fact here that Bingle gave a basic rundown of what him “Bingle” would do.
Although I’ve seen Bingle play before and despite me knowing how capable he is to do this as either alignment I feel like it’s still a good look to point him towards receiving that green Rolecard.

Although I do like how he handled Grandpa Mo’s slot on Post #185 while I disagree with the opinion of dislike (as I felt Grandpa was genuine with their analysis) the response Bingle gave to Grandpa didn’t feel like scum agenda but rather Town generally disliking Grandpa’s opinion.

In case you also ask, As for Mena I was concerned with Mena’s early day 1 Bingle thing as despite it technically being a null thing It could also be considered Town motivated or be Scum agenda depending on how they go about it.
And well judging from what I’ve been seeing and how they have treated Bingle I think it comes more from a Town mindset then that off a Scum’s.
Mena’s push towards me and their vote on me felt as a genuine TvT rather then agenda SvT.
They’ve shared solid takes while some I may disagree on (Bingle/Dann) it comes from a Town PoV from how I see it.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 10:26 am

In post 403, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 401, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 394, Not_Mafia wrote:Drapion is scum though, I've read the first 2 pages

eh i think gypx is way more scum than drap. drap has been very solvy on finding mafia wit a town mindset imo. the interation wit them and gypx just made gypx look worse. they also had good reactions against luke. i might be biased tho
^ Drapion's partner
Hey we talked about this!
I said don’t mention us right away in Scum PT not call our both your partners!
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 10:26 am

Out*
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 10:27 am

Although I will say it’s great to have NM playing, he’s funny and I like him!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 10:42 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 434, ProfessorDrapion wrote:Although I will say it’s great to have NM playing, he’s funny and I like him!
Thanks, I like you too. It's a shame that you're scum.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 11:00 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 429, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 427, Bingle wrote:
what is s/s?

fwiw i thought my reasonings were good ;-;

ig im still new to this overall game and sematics of the open games (this is my first ig)

the more i think about it, the more i think about my first game and how its really not a fair assessment to the other games. newbie 2059 was an easy game compared to this and mafia scumslipped and the other was coasty mafia so honestly i think thats how we won
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 11:38 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 436, GrandpaMo wrote:the more i think about it, the more i think about my first game and how its really not a fair assessment to the other games. newbie 2059 was an easy game compared to this and mafia scumslipped and the other was coasty mafia so honestly i think thats how we won
Basically?

Town wants to find scum and look town in that order.
Scum wants to look town and find people who look like they might be scum but aren't actually in that order.

Opens, barring odd setups that discourage encourage specific S/S interactions, are mostly the same as closed setups outside of claiming.

I think the place you are wrong here is specifically that you're townreading effort, which is not a solid play because the characteristic that makes a good scumgame a good scumgame is that it looks like a towngame, and a large chunk of this playerlist is notable for having a good scumgame.

That's not to say that I'm absolutely right and you're absolutely wrong. I think I'm right and you're wrong, and I'm going to act as if I'm right and you're wrong, and I'm not going to apologize for it, but mafia is a difficult game and there are many ways to catch scum.

If you're town, the best idea is to keep saying what you think and being unapologetic about it (although civility is helpful regardless of alignment if you want to have any hope of convincing people) because being genuine is a trait inherent in most towngames.

There are other ways to play (both Pine and I tend to play the game to manipulate people to be off guard and thus more easily readable as both alignments, for example) but the one I just described will probably give you the best results overall, especially if you're fairly new to the game.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 12:00 pm

In post 435, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 434, ProfessorDrapion wrote:Although I will say it’s great to have NM playing, he’s funny and I like him!
Ah well don’t be ashamed post game that your wrong bud, your still fun to play with!
Unless your scum trying to secretly sus me to see if I will go into your pocket, in which case let’s see what you can do!
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 12:00 pm

I’m not easy to pocket.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 12:44 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 435, Not_Mafia wrote:
nm locktown
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 12:44 pm

professorscumbutt in trouble
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 12:54 pm

You know what, I’ll bite.

Which of these posts (First 2 pages) make you think I’m scum?
In post 9, ProfessorDrapion wrote:I shall acquire the post that will start this game!
In post 10, ProfessorDrapion wrote:(Thought I’d be different instead of saying “First”)
In post 19, ProfessorDrapion wrote:But I don’t want no Cred.
Can I have a sandwich instead?
In post 30, ProfessorDrapion wrote:
In post 24, Menalque wrote:We’ve all failed, bingle made it to thread
Yeah Should have gotten on sooner and gave me that sandwich.
In post 31, ProfessorDrapion wrote:
In post 28, VFP wrote:Gypyx trying to derail the wagon?!
VOTE: Bingle
In post 34, ProfessorDrapion wrote:We shall continue to stay on the Bingle topic for approximately 12 more hours to allow more discussion and less derail from the Bingle.
In post 35, ProfessorDrapion wrote:
In post 33, Bingle wrote:Optimal play is for baby to target Allen and Allen to aim for scrum.

We all pseudoclaim a psych inno D2 and maybe later day phases on the basis of how kills pan out. psych claims immediately if has guilty (although letting pseudoclaims happen is reasonable for extra analysis fodder). Mafia likely use the roleblocker to kill n1 as they are most valuable. They also likely don’t target with their roleblock N1, as it is greater utility as the game proceeds.

No more mech discussion, including clarification about scum action optimization or WHY I would share such action optimization is appropriate on D1.
Sure I’m down to do the mass psych check D2.
@Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 1:00 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

All of them, any of them
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 1:07 pm

So another words, no real reason other then Gut.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

What a damp squib of a discredit
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 1:56 pm

MAYBE GRANDPA IS TOWN

I SWING BACK AND FORTH ON HIM

I LIKED HIS APPEAL TO ME BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE SOMETHING HE WOULD DO IF HE WERE TOWN

BUT THEN HE IGNORED ME WHEN HE ASKED ME THAT QUESTION - THE SLOW FOLLOWUP MADE ME DROP HIM BACK TO NULL

I DONT KNOW WHY IM SHOUTING

I THINK IM JUST EXCITED
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 1:56 pm

In post 443, Not_Mafia wrote:All of them, any of them

APEX PREDATOR COW COP IS IN RARE FORM TODAY

PRAISE JEEBUS
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 1:57 pm

IF NOBODY GIVES ME A GOOD REASON TO TOWNREAD PROFESSOR SCUM SCUM WE ARE GOING TO YEET THIS TO THE MOON
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 1:57 pm

In post 439, ProfessorDrapion wrote:I’m not easy to pocket.

NOBODY IS GOING TO PUT A DEAD BUG IN THEIR POCKET

YOU GETTING FLUSHED DOWN A TOILET
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Open Games”