Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/it

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 9:50 am

Post by Vex Vience »

cant and dont mean two entirely different things.
cant means you cannot do that—ie, you don't have the ability to do so.
dont means you will not do that—ie, you have the ability to do so, but you refuse to do so.
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

In post 242, T-Bone wrote:People who think highly of their own abilities also tend to do irrational things in the name of being confident in their abilities. It's NAI at best, to be honest imo
Why would a person named RationalMadman be... Irrational? That's impossible. Usernames don't lie.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 9:52 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 244, T-Bone wrote:Like I know I can be frustratingly (to other people) coy at times, personally.
In post 243, Kerset wrote:
In post 235, T-Bone wrote:lol this is what, 15 hours into the game? Please
Yea, you struggle as scum and got no idea what to do.
Here's a good example of my coyness in action btw. Kerset doesn't even know why I'm criticizing them in post 235. Hence this odd comment about me struggling as scum lol
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 9:53 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 251, Bambi Jay wrote:
In post 242, T-Bone wrote:People who think highly of their own abilities also tend to do irrational things in the name of being confident in their abilities. It's NAI at best, to be honest imo
Why would a person named RationalMadman be... Irrational? That's impossible. Usernames don't lie.
You make a compelling point :idea: :idea: :idea:

Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 9:54 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 249, Bingle wrote:
In post 236, Vex Vience wrote:so you think his “elim me then ana” thing before you had a chance to post and his 180 from me being town to suddenly me being scum comes from town?
I mean... I know it comes from town. I'm an informed party.

I think it's ridiculous, but that doesn't make it any less true.

The question is, does that progression come from scum any more often than it comes from town? To which I think the answer is pretty obvious. If someone is aggressive enough to have the thought as scum they're equally likely to have the thought as town.
his full read progression goes from presumable scumread on me, to townread because i actually read the setup which is questionable at best, to suddenly scumreading me based on very little. sure, i agree town can change their mind on reads, but they normally change their reads when something occurs, not on a whim like that, especially after saying they thought i was very townie
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 9:55 am

Post by Vex Vience »

also jingle, can you confirm what rm said in 33 is correct?
In post 33, RationalMadman wrote:I had to ask the mod to find out as bothy partner and I were confused but what you say is indeed the truth.
this is referring to the fact that the lover pt is locked at the start of d1

#CultsArentBastard
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 9:55 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 247, Vex Vience wrote:1) like you said, llama thinks they found one. why lie about it if you're town or scum? i already said why scum and town would do it.
If as scum you think it's unlikely to be found as town, why bring it up at all?

FWIW, I'm forging ahead here because setup wise if we can locktown a Loverpair and a VT successfully we win the game almost all of the time. This setup is just like dance game from that perspective.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 9:57 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 255, Vex Vience wrote:also jingle, can you confirm what rm said in 33 is correct?
RM did ask if the thread would lock and I did ask again later (and separately), yes.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 9:58 am

Post by Kerset »

giv me pagetop :(
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 9:59 am

Post by T-Bone »

Did you change my avatar? That's like the biggest affront to me I've ever seen. Insulting.

Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Kerset »

If i get you voted out and you flip scum then you set this for week.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 10:02 am

Post by T-Bone »

That's actually against site rules, we can't do something like that, sorry.

Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

We're overthinking this guys. We can solve this easily. One Lover pair has no anime pfp at all. That's the evil party
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 10:04 am

Post by T-Bone »

I take all my claims back, Bambi is my mason partner

Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 10:08 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

Yeah I'm lovers with Vex but Masons with Tbone. I'm a pretty OP role in that regard.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 10:09 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 261, T-Bone wrote:That's actually against site rules, we can't do something like that, sorry.
I just checked and i dont see such rule
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 10:10 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

He has a green name he makes the rules. Duh.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 10:13 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 256, Bingle wrote:
In post 247, Vex Vience wrote:1) like you said, llama thinks they found one. why lie about it if you're town or scum? i already said why scum and town would do it.
If as scum you think it's unlikely to be found as town, why bring it up at all?

FWIW, I'm forging ahead here because setup wise if we can locktown a Loverpair and a VT successfully we win the game almost all of the time. This setup is just like dance game from that perspective.
In post 231, Vex Vience wrote: also because if you’re scum and you share that, odds are you get hard-cleared and deepwolf to melo and win from there

#CultsArentBastard
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 10:18 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 266, Bambi Jay wrote:He has a green name he makes the rules. Duh.
i think that mods feel uncomfortable if you treat them unequally
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 10:29 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

I've done it with every one and memed with them all the same. Heck, when Ari was around and I was still just my OG account I called him Evil Greek Green Man. I dunno if he laughed or not but it was fun for me.

Honestly the fact all of them have nice personalities is what shocked me tbh. You'd think you'd get a bad apple or 2.

Also Kerset am I scum yay or nay?
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 10:32 am

Post by Vex Vience »

@rm, i want you to explain what caused you to go from townreading me, to suddenly scumreading me, on top of explaining your logic in the following quotes:

Spoiler:
In post 123, RationalMadman wrote:I am now extremely certain I was wrong, when you vote me out vote Vex and Bambi after me. I was incorrect. Anastasia is being cleverly pitted against me and Bambi and Vex are feigning hesitation to justify thebvote one and disassociate later
In post 126, RationalMadman wrote:Ana's pair is the town pair with me and bingle, Vex and Bambi are laughing in scum chat olaying both sides of this, it's very blatant.
In post 148, RationalMadman wrote:Today is Bingle andyself vs Vex and Bambi do not let them play any sides against each other anymore.
In post 152, RationalMadman wrote:We aren't friends here, one of our pairs directly wants the others to lose. Stop this act. I don't respect any of you less than any other. You're all trash and all amazing in your own ways, I focus on tells and indication of scum. If I think you're scum, I'll vote a d encourage others to. Idc if I reapect your lover partner like a god, I vote you.

Bambi is trying to seem inquisitive and understanding but if you properly analyse it, it's just positioning the pair of Vex and Bambi perfectly so both lover pairs Ana vs Rational can get voted off.

I have excellent grammar in real life. I rush to type on a smartphone at times here, I also like it as it forces people to read what I'm saying a little harder while deciphering it.
In post 196, RationalMadman wrote:
Lovers

Town

RM and Bingle (of course)
Anastasia and Kerset

Both have displayed signs of having independent agendas without seeking approval and synergy with the partner within the pairings (lacking live day-chat and wanting badly to scumhunt from the get-go results in this) as well as dedication to voting off a scumread that entails willingness to be voted off first or afterwards.

Scum

Vex Vience and Bambi Jay

Too much to name even,

Generic posts full of fluff to seem Towny, proudly proclaiming oneself to be a passionately mechanical player in a setup that involves almost 0% mechanics... The only time I ask a mechanical question, expresses annoyance at me asking it since it is apparently too easy to decipher from the PM (which left it open to interpretation). This could be Towny on its own however... Since then, played both sides the millisecond it appeared as an opportunity, and operate as a pair throughout.

Bambi appears less sure of who is scum than Vex but both blatantly are playing both sides between the Lover pairs, Vex is only claiming to scumread me because it's convenient to claim and agreed with Anastasia while leaving full blame on Ana for the elimination when and if it occured, Vex also didn't dedicate with a vote despite claiming to have a read on me as scum and still passionately claims to have it with secret reasoning that is too precious to rush to release...

Junk, fluff, obfuscation... You come with what you want as a term, the posts are full of it.

Lone/Solo

All three Null but T-bone very strange and forced interaction early on followed by nothing.

Llamafluff has successfully positioned into being an active and therefore blatantly default-towniest player but keeps trying to overplay this position, encouraging the entire game to switch dynamics and focus on the solo vanillas while knowing full well that the other 2 haven't towntold at all (Klick hasn't even posted yet).

Kerset and Klick both must post for us to sufficiently read but at the moment I would say that it's actually more certain of an elimination in the Lovers than the vanillas so I don't get the complaint from Llama, however that is because I know my pair is Town and have a strong read on which of the other two isn't.
In post 189, RationalMadman wrote:
In post 182, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 152, RationalMadman wrote:We aren't friends here, one of our pairs directly wants the others to lose. Stop this act. I don't respect any of you less than any other. You're all trash and all amazing in your own ways, I focus on tells and indication of scum. If I think you're scum, I'll vote a d encourage others to. Idc if I reapect your lover partner like a god, I vote you.

Bambi is trying to seem inquisitive and understanding but if you properly analyse it, it's just positioning the pair of Vex and Bambi perfectly so both lover pairs Ana vs Rational can get voted off.

I have excellent grammar in real life. I rush to type on a smartphone at times here, I also like it as it forces people to read what I'm saying a little harder while deciphering it.
1) why is pushing someone who appears to be scummy wanting the others to lose? isn't that the entire point of mafia? to find the scum and push them? yes, obviously not all town will be perfectly townie, and not all scum will be scummy. but trying to push a scumread isn't gamethrowing like you're equating.
2) i really don't like all the spelling errors, because that means i have to take more time to actually figure out what you're saying. no offense to you, but if i'm spending a significant part of my time while reading the game simply trying to figure out what you're saying, i'm going to want to policy yeet you *just* so i don't have to read your stuff.
Yoy didn't push me, you played the middle and still are. Anastasia pushed me even after I said I was willing to go down, meaning it probably does add up that her read was genuine and she was ready to hard-gamble on it. Also Anastasia's responses were solely designed towards further getting others to scumread me which is Towny tunneling, not scummy tunneling as she knew very well if I flip Town how it looks on her. I also like that she did all this without her lover partner being around or backing her up, it is a very Towny dynamic where the Lover pair are running on independent initatives whereas you and Bambi seem artificially united in all ways.

i also want you to elaborate fully on your case against us. if i'm making a full scumcase against you, i want you to do the same

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 10:35 am

Post by Vex Vience »

also this quote:
In post 171, RationalMadman wrote:
In post 170, Bingle wrote:
In post 167, RationalMadman wrote:If you think Bingle and me are Town this is useful to disarm us as you're trying to create rapport with Bingle after failing to with me.
Both VV and Bambi know better than to try to pocket me. :lol:
Arrogance will be our downfall, never underestimate your capacity to be manipulated by someone. Bambi is playing to disarm me via you.

#CultsArentBastard
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 10:36 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 269, Bambi Jay wrote:Also Kerset am I scum yay or nay?
idk do something relevant
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

Well I thought the answer was obvious. If you thought Ration was evil that means I'm good if Ration is good I'm evil. So I guess we just wait it out then.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 10:40 am

Post by Vex Vience »

kerest what is your read on me then?

#CultsArentBastard

Return to “Completed Open Games”