Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:58 am

Post by VFP »

Well done scum.
If only I stuck to my guns I guess.

Sorry Llama, if it helps I had you as town but went with the probability of winning on the last vote.
I still don't understand how what Llama was saying wasn't understood but it is what it is.

Thanks for modding yessiree
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:05 am

Post by Korina »

ggs, and wp bambi. Probably wouldn’t have caught you if I stayed in
@VFP - please never say shit like “oh vex replaced out because they put scum in a poor position.” Not only is that against the rules to do so, but it’s also completely tone deaf to irl circumstances. I replaced out because I couldn’t be bothered to play. The reroll took all my motivation to actually play, so I replaced out.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:05 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

It was understood perfectly well. Town literally just saw he was evil and he didn't even deny it that much.

Logic doesn't mean much when you roll a nat 1 in a charisma check. He just wasn't really trying to be a townie so Kerset and Tbone weren't gonna listen to him, logic be damned.

Didn't help when I even kept giving him a chance to try and find my scum team but he ignored it. I kept doing that cuz that's what the rest of the town wanted him to do. Actually try and solve.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:09 am

Post by yessiree »

its getting late 4 me, more thoughts and stuff etc later

but just wanted to say thanks everyone for playing & subbing, and shoutout to those who stuck around when we had to reroll lol
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:11 am

Post by T-Bone »

GG
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:16 am

Post by yessiree »

and it was one individual who didnt send me consent to release the PTs for the previous game, im giving that individual the opportunity to come forward now

all pts for this game will be released after 24 hours unless someone says otherwise
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:30 am

Post by VFP »

In post 1901, Korina wrote:ggs, and wp bambi. Probably wouldn’t have caught you if I stayed in
@VFP - please never say shit like “oh vex replaced out because they put scum in a poor position.” Not only is that against the rules to do so, but it’s also completely tone deaf to irl circumstances. I replaced out because I couldn’t be bothered to play. The reroll took all my motivation to actually play, so I replaced out.
Let's not stretch it here.
I said "Vex looks like a defeatist here and the replace out doesn't look good regardless if there's a genuine reason or not."
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:36 am

Post by RationalMadman »

There was a lot laid put by me including how I descrobed Ana and my Lover PT that was ingended to leave clues Llama was our partner. I had planned that long ahead of time secretly including how hard I distanced Bambi from me.

I do not deny Bambi played well and was creative and commendable but I don't think you guys realise that I played Day 2 after her gambit with subtle intent already for me and Ana to be voted off if need be. As soon as the unfortunate Bingle VFP incident happened, I strategised woth Bambi ways to interact and make it seem natural such that I'd tank the voteoff without giving a single overt signal that Ana and I were willing and happy to get voted off (it's more difficult than you may think, juat playing bad/weak isn't enough, you need to really seem upset a d emoralised while secretly having hope and joy as people scumread you, such as Tbone).

I am extremely proud of myself and also Bambi for how we played this game. Ana was LVP of the entire game and a displeasure to work with.
Everyone's a fool in some ways, we all can only try.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:37 am

Post by RationalMadman »

Laid out*

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:37 am

Post by RationalMadman »

Intended*

Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:45 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

To be fair, I did kinda vote myself without telling you to make that gambit more genuine with your reaction. My plan was either to die and basically confirm your town or get Llama immediately as your partner. Him turning it on you I didn't account for but afterwards I focused on having to convince the lovers it was true.

If Llama actually tried to solve the lovers and say, convinced Bingle and Kerset I was with Tbone and VFP, he probably would've gotten me killed.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:50 pm

Post by Klick »

Please don't join another game that I'm in RM

gg Bambi, following along I was convinced you were town.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

Why not Klick? If you got an issue with me you dodge me then. If you got an issue then report me. Don't get upset I played to win.

yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:08 pm

Post by yessiree »

PTs for this game

Mafia chat viewtopic.php?f=90&t=86581
Klick T-Bone chat viewtopic.php?f=90&t=86579
Kerset Bingle chat viewtopic.php?f=90&t=86580
Dead chat viewtopic.php?f=90&t=86672

All PTs above will unlock in 24 hours from now (dead chat already unlocked), (expired on 2021-06-04 11:00:00)

PTs for previous game

Mafia chat viewtopic.php?f=90&t=86532
Bingle RM chat viewtopic.php?f=90&t=86533
Bambi Vex Vience chat viewtopic.php?f=90&t=86534

As of now, these PTs are already released, with the exception of Mafia chat, because Kerset still has not given their consent!! You're in deep trouble young man or woman.

Mafia chat will unlock in 24 hours from now, (expired on 2021-06-04 11:00:00), no ifs no butts
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 1758, Bingle wrote:Completely unrelated to the game and aimed at the mod, but:
In post 1731, yessiree wrote:
In post 1706, Bambi Jay wrote:@Mod: since Llama surpassed me in votes for a bit but we're tied again, is he set to die in plurality or is it me since I was at 3 first? That seems like important information to have rn.
In case of ties, the player who reached the most votes
first
will be eliminated
I just noticed this (and it's in the rules so it's how plurality should work in this game) but this is actually not the standard implementation of plurality.

Standard is most recently highest:

If A is at four and B is at three then someone unvotes A, A would be on the chopping block.
If A and B are at 2 and someone votes A then someone votes B, A would be on the chopping block.

I'm only bringing this up because I thought I'd explained that in the setup thread before game start, but apparently I hadn't. If you were aware of this but chose to implement plurality the other way that is also fine, I just like being informative.
I'm a little confused by your example I underlined.

A got to 3 first, then B got to 3. Using my rule, A is limmed (most votes
first
). Using most recently highest, B should be limmed as B's 4 votes is more "recent" than A's 4 votes.

My idea was to give more agency to players voting first, and to force more interactions between players if they want to change the elimination target.
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:49 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

Most interesting dead what ever.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:54 pm

Post by yessiree »

dead what?
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:59 pm

Post by yessiree »

On a more serious note, mafia have now won both games I modded with this setup, one was the original setup which was more town sided too.
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

And I was scum in both of them. Really makes you think, huh?

Invite me for the trilogy if you run another version.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:40 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1914, yessiree wrote:
In post 1758, Bingle wrote:Completely unrelated to the game and aimed at the mod, but:
In post 1731, yessiree wrote:
In post 1706, Bambi Jay wrote:@Mod: since Llama surpassed me in votes for a bit but we're tied again, is he set to die in plurality or is it me since I was at 3 first? That seems like important information to have rn.
In case of ties, the player who reached the most votes
first
will be eliminated
I just noticed this (and it's in the rules so it's how plurality should work in this game) but this is actually not the standard implementation of plurality.

Standard is most recently highest:

If A is at four and B is at three then someone unvotes A, A would be on the chopping block.
If A and B are at 2 and someone votes A then someone votes B, A would be on the chopping block.

I'm only bringing this up because I thought I'd explained that in the setup thread before game start, but apparently I hadn't. If you were aware of this but chose to implement plurality the other way that is also fine, I just like being informative.
I'm a little confused by your example I underlined.

A got to 3 first, then B got to 3. Using my rule, A is limmed (most votes
first
). Using most recently highest, B should be limmed as B's 4 votes is more "recent" than A's 4 votes.

My idea was to give more agency to players voting first, and to force more interactions between players if they want to change the elimination target.
Most recently highest is you rewind time until there isn't a tie, and then lim based on who would have been highest there among your tied players (continuing the process after dropping players if there's a tie)

Your ruleset, as I understand it would allow for the following situation: A gets 4 votes out of the gate. B then gets four votes. Everyone unvotes A. A gets run up to 4 again. A would then be the lim, because A was the first person to reach 4 votes that phase.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:41 pm

Post by Bingle »

EBWOP: If there's still a tie.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:43 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1917, yessiree wrote:On a more serious note, mafia have now won both games I modded with this setup, one was the original setup which was more town sided too.
I think balance wise this setup was fine. There's definitely some apathy based on the reroll and interpersonal conflict that played into the outcome, but I think scum earned their win and town definitely had a reasonable chance of pulling it out.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:44 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1912, RationalMadman wrote:Why not Klick? If you got an issue with me you dodge me then. If you got an issue then report me. Don't get upset I played to win.
I mean... if he just doesn't want to play with you it's only polite to not sign up for or replace into games he's already in. It's a reasonable request.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:04 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 1922, Bingle wrote:
In post 1912, RationalMadman wrote:Why not Klick? If you got an issue with me you dodge me then. If you got an issue then report me. Don't get upset I played to win.
I mean... if he just doesn't want to play with you it's only polite to not sign up for or replace into games he's already in. It's a reasonable request.
I'll take it as a sign of respect. Though I personally think allowing any user to ban a player they fear playing against is pretty toxic since being good becomes punishable.

Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:30 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 1913, yessiree wrote:As of now, these PTs are already released, with the exception of Mafia chat, because Kerset still has not given their consent!! You're in deep trouble young man or woman.
I thought that redactions imply that.
giv me pagetop :(

Return to “Completed Open Games”