Satoru Nakata
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by Satoru Nakata »

Nakata thinks friend Noraa could also have gone after T3 potentially, and that Nakata would have been a softer target D4 if he’d been loudly wrong on 2 people and if the rest of the thread was very cognisant of scum!Nakata being only one more miselim from winning, potentially.

Nakata isn’t sure how townread he really was this game, and Nakata suspects that the advice he gave Noraa would be good generally for future games scum!Noraa finds herself in, where even if Nakata’s idiosyncrasies were being townread this game, they might have been offputting (even quite severely) with an alternative playerlist.

Nakata was once again impressed by friend Prism.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Lukewarm also has a thought. Specifically, that the way in which friend Nakata writes his posts is most pleasing. Lukewarm has seen many a player who posts using purposefully unique styles, and Lukewarm thinks that this was the most pleasant and non-disruptive one he has seen on this site. Lukewarm hopes to encounter friend Nakata again some time in the future :)
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Idk if this helps luke but the "Idk why I'm townread" felt very towny to me itself. Especially because it was nothing really obvious that I was TRing you for and I didn't even really remember it, so that fixation made sense in context fypov. One thing was you getting into the meta mindgames very early on with T3, which scum can often shy away from. The rest of it I think was largely the emotion surrounding your reads. There's a lot that you did that was towny, and it's kind of a tough thing to try to replicate as scum lol. But you only have to replicate the impression you give off, not the whole thing.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by Fidget »

My apologies for the replacement. Nicely done though, all of you. I don't envy scum's spot this game.
Satoru Nakata
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Satoru Nakata »

Nakata also saw friend Hectic asking if we were acquianted: we are indeed. Nakata is acquianted to greater or lesser with everyone who was playing this day phase!

Nakata would also like to pedit this post by saying he appreciates friend Lukewarm’s kind words! Nakata also hopes to see Lukewarm in more games as time goes on!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1654, Satoru Nakata wrote:Nakata also saw friend Hectic asking if we were acquianted: we are indeed. Nakata is acquianted to greater or lesser with everyone who was playing this day phase!

Nakata would also like to pedit this post by saying he appreciates friend Lukewarm’s kind words! Nakata also hopes to see Lukewarm in more games as time goes on!
Alts are wild. I have absolutely no idea where you and I could be acquainted. It is odd entering games, and knowing that there are people that might know more about you then you know about them.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

They were probably in one of the guardians runs I'd guess
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1647, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Prism, how do you read slots? I genuinely want your help on this because I'm a charismatic bulldozer as town, but it's the same style that scum take advantage of because they can easily hide under me. my reads are based on gut and determining if the process/POV is genuine/viable. I think my methods are a bit outdated or I still don't understand some aspects of reading.
While I get why you might want my help I really think I got lucky this game more than anything else. I really try and tailor how I read the person to the type of player they are, but I have my own biases.

My biggest double-edged sword is that I tend to place a lot more emphasis on progressions-what reads people have, whether it makes sense for
that player
to believe them, and how they evolve naturally or unnaturally-than other players, as opposed to something like tone. That works in my favor sometimes: I suspected you were "a player with strong scum AtE", had this confirmed, and was more skeptical with that in mind. I got really lucky with finding the specific record, which helped a ton, but the reads on me/Infinity I just didn't think lined up with what you should have been feeling/thinking given your previous statements and those sealed it for me. I figuratively spat in your eye only to have you claim to be glad I seemed town so I was like ?_?

Other times my tailoring got a lot more specific. Knowing that Infinity wouldn't have the
confidence
to go solo against the rest of the table by bussing, even if she
probably could
, is one example.

Finally, my predisposition for reads/progressions really bit me & the town on Ydrasse. I had to get my head out of my ass and focus on, ugh,
AtE and tone
. I had to sit down and think about her position, whether she comes out that motivated Day 2, and the answer was obviously no. She's a smart & tough old gal but not a robot.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Gypyx and I are planning to run this game if anyone is interested, I'd be happy to have any of you!

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Draft_Mafia
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:05 pm

Post by Prism »

Also if it helps Lukewarm most of the players in this game can vouch that I spend weeks grilling people over why I'm a universal townread because I get so confused by it...and I've been playing for literally 11 years.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:05 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Just like self reflecting on being town read this game, I think that it was also in part because I have had positive experiences playing with all of Ydra, Infinity, T3, and Johnny previously, so I was looking forward to playing with each of you again before the game even started. I think that translated into me being more relaxed in general at the start of Day 1 then I have been in my prior games, where I have generally been going in knowing very few people I was getting ready to play with.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Prism »

Literally this game is a one-off normally I become a UTR and lead the town right off the cliff into 2+ miselims in a row so please do not take advice from me after one game
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by Prism »

SN's main is actually pretty straightforward I think?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1646, Prism wrote:
In post 1643, Satoru Nakata wrote:Secondly, Nakata thinks that friend Noraa misplayed here a bit, and that the main lesson she should consider is not rocking the boat when solo-scumming in a tricky list. Nakata is also not very good at scum but thinks this is more due to poor execution on his part than lack of understanding of what should be done. Nakata thinks that the way for Noraa to win was probably to go after Nakata today for being wrong on skitter30, and then to go for either T3 or Hectic tomorrow depending on skitter30’s paranoia there. Nakata thinks it was probably a mistake to try to go after the widely townread friend Lukewarm which stood out in a bad way from the rest of the list. Solo scum want to blend in if possible.
In general I really agree with this, though I'm a bit torn as to how I expect pushing Nakata to have gone. I'm a bit biased by how obviously town they were to me but I think playing for SN/T3 into a flexible Day 4 posed a better chance.
I underestimated Prism's SR on me.
I was pretty certain no one else would hammer
Nakata wouldn't hammer because they TR me
Infinity would never yolo hammer here
Hectic would be more careful. He might hammer but chances are still very very low
I figured it was worth the risk because if I left my vote there for long enough, I might get hectic's townread, at which point I would have half the town reads that I declared I needed to develop a will to live, and could unvote and probably win this game with that support + skitter. I really only needed one more person outside of Nakata and Infinity to win the game.
I was going to hammer skitter solely bc it was a very not scum me thing to do and I felt extreme measures needed to be taken to win this game.
T3 would not have been difficult to mislim, the issue is that mislimming T3 still puts me in a tough spot the next day. I was hoping I could gain hectics trust and win the game off that alone.

I was not scum reading T3. I was scum reading Lukewarm, Prism, and Hectic. Why? You think its bc I'm trying to play TSTBS. Thats incorrect. I was trying to replicate my town game. I don't generally agree with consensus reads as town because I have a lot a lot of paranoia about everything. I wanted hectic's TR so I was trying my best to replicate my town meta.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:22 pm

Post by Noraa »

My thought was that hectic would expect scum me to unvote really quickly bc I've done this many times in games. so if I didn't, he would TR me for it. That was why I took this gambit.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:24 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1650, Satoru Nakata wrote:Nakata thinks friend Noraa could also have gone after T3 potentially, and that Nakata would have been a softer target D4 if he’d been loudly wrong on 2 people and if the rest of the thread was very cognisant of scum!Nakata being only one more miselim from winning, potentially.

Nakata isn’t sure how townread he really was this game, and Nakata suspects that the advice he gave Noraa would be good generally for future games scum!Noraa finds herself in, where even if Nakata’s idiosyncrasies were being townread this game, they might have been offputting (even quite severely) with an alternative playerlist.

Nakata was once again impressed by friend Prism.
For sure I could've taken less risky routes. I probably should've but its been so long since I've felt ALIVE in a game. I will take friend Nakata's advice for future scum games though :)
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1654, Satoru Nakata wrote:Nakata also saw friend Hectic asking if we were acquianted: we are indeed. Nakata is acquianted to greater or lesser with everyone who was playing this day phase!

Ah Noraa believe she knows who friend Nakata is. She sends her greetings and a small packet of fruit snacks <333333
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1653, Fidget wrote:My apologies for the replacement. Nicely done though, all of you. I don't envy scum's spot this game.
FIDGETTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Spoiler: About self-votes
Self-votes are scum claims and you should avoid using it as AtE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:28 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1658, MURDERCAT wrote:Gypyx and I are planning to run this game if anyone is interested, I'd be happy to have any of you!

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Draft_Mafia
In post 1668, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
Spoiler: About self-votes
Self-votes are scum claims and you should avoid using it as AtE
Heck I've self hammered half my town games. They are not scum claims for me lmao. I'm a VERY emotional player. It's a whole thing and I'm working on it which is why I was so happy when infinity said that about me. Anyways. I will try to keep things like that outside of games in the future since I understand they can be pretty unfair even if unintentional.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:29 pm

Town can also scum claim out of emotions, but good town shouldn't scum claim.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:30 pm

Post by Noraa »

Perhaps.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:30 pm

Post by Noraa »

I don't think they are scum claims but ig it depends on why it is happening.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:32 pm

Self-votes are also different to self-hammers. I'm not trying to hound you here. Just saying that your scum equity increases by a metric ton when you self-vote.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:33 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I don't believe I see scum selfvote at a much higher rate than town