Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:53 am

Post by Three »

In post 1549, Jacket wrote:
In post 1546, Three wrote:Sigh. Just another game where I catch scum but get voted out instead, and town let's the caught scum endgame because they threw a fit for a literal straight month and nobody wanted to deal with it. From now on I'm just going to policy elim anyone who does this because it's getting kind of old.

GG, and thanks for modding Cook.
I will be blunt: You had a correct read, but for entirely incorrect reasoning. Don't forget that your entire basis for the initial read was that Scorpious and I were distancing from each other, which was untrue. Have a little humility and remember that you weren't exactly perfect. Take a look in the mirror before blaming others here.

Your logic was absurdly poor, and it made it incredibly easy to argue against you and get you eliminated. Having correct reads is only part of the game. The other part is convincing people, and if you make weak/fallacious arguments, scum are going to focus on debating those points to make you look bad. Demanding I disprove your argument that I was scum with Scorpious was laughably bad and I would've trashed you as town too. If you'd kept your points simpler and less outlandish, it might have been more persuasive.
Ok, first off, you didn't "trash" anyone. You cried and screamed and even weeks after I was dead you continued to insult me and make everyone feel as uncomfortable as possible. You also made multiple attempts to use OOG threats to stop people from voting you. Threatening to black list anyone and everyone who scum read you was fucking bonkers and should've been called out as poor etiquette and sportsmanship. You didn't persuade anyone, you just cried until you got what you wanted.

Second, I got you for way more than the Day 1 interaction. Your weeks-long meltdown and defensiveness was a scum tell, your refusal to engage with reads on you was a scum tell, the orchestration of the ADSE mislim and NM Vig was pointed out multiple times, and my deal to 1v1 trade with you showed your true colors and got you caught red handed with your reaction.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:56 am

Post by Jacket »

I tore you apart, you had a meltdown, selfvoted, and got eliminated. I endgamed because you're bad at arguing and no one cared about your opinion. You lost pretty hard.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:57 am

Post by Jacket »

If you can't discard your overblown ego you're going to continue to fail in exactly the same manner. Any skilled scum player is going to run circles around you in an argument.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:14 am

Post by Galron »

Sorry for killing you Taly on N1, but I wanted to keep your streak alive. I was pretty sure you would nail me and figure out the game though.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:17 am

Post by Galron »

This was a good plist. RCE had me shaking a couple of times on Day 1, but I thought if I eased back on the the throttle I'd be okay. And Jacket had to remind me that there wasn't a tracker.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:25 am

Post by Three »

In post 1551, Jacket wrote:I tore you apart, you had a meltdown, selfvoted, and got eliminated. I endgamed because you're bad at arguing and no one cared about your opinion. You lost pretty hard.
You literally do anything? I self voted to take us both out but town refused to follow through. You end gamed because you threatened to scream at and blacklist anyone who voted you.
In post 1552, Jacket wrote:If you can't discard your overblown ego you're going to continue to fail in exactly the same manner. Any skilled scum player is going to run circles around you in an argument.
Literally what ego. I proved you were scum and town ignored it because you made OOG threats. The revisionist history here is appalling but I don't expect anything different after seeing how you acted this entire game.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:27 am

Post by Scorpious »

you both played well.

It was an interesting dynamic with both of you replacing in at the same time with your styles. I liked it.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:12 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 1555, Three wrote:
In post 1551, Jacket wrote:I tore you apart, you had a meltdown, selfvoted, and got eliminated. I endgamed because you're bad at arguing and no one cared about your opinion. You lost pretty hard.
You literally do anything? I self voted to take us both out but town refused to follow through. You end gamed because you threatened to scream at and blacklist anyone who voted you.
In post 1552, Jacket wrote:If you can't discard your overblown ego you're going to continue to fail in exactly the same manner. Any skilled scum player is going to run circles around you in an argument.
Literally what ego. I proved you were scum and town ignored it because you made OOG threats. The revisionist history here is appalling but I don't expect anything different after seeing how you acted this entire game.
I played up my frustration at RCE and called him a bad player who I didn't want to play with. That's not the same as threatening a blacklist (and he was already voting me anyway), and I didn't do it to anyone else. Faking that frustration is a valid tool. Maybe went a little over the top but I don't think it was a deciding factor.

You lost, because you played very badly. You don't have bad instincts (well, maybe) but your charisma is virtually nonexistant. I'm just trying to help you out. Self-improvement starts with recognizing where you went wrong. But if you want to be a spoilsport and cry about how it's everyone else's fault, go ahead.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:38 am

Post by Jacket »

Anyway, I'm done. No more ranting from me.

Thanks for the game, Cook. Although I wish it hadn't taken me several hours to actually get my role PM.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:10 am

Post by Looker »

I literally never use logic to scum hunt. I think it's improved my meta.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:21 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1559, Looker wrote:I literally never use logic to scum hunt. I think it's improved my meta.
Hard to convince with logic when more people care about meta.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:21 am

Post by RH9 »

That's not why I didn't vote him. It was his cases that did.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:28 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 1560, Scorpious wrote:
In post 1559, Looker wrote:I literally never use logic to scum hunt. I think it's improved my meta.
Hard to convince with logic when more people care about meta.
That's true. Kind of the best part of Anonymafia (Secret Alt) games. They remove almost all instances of using meta as a scumhunting tool.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by Three »

In post 1557, Jacket wrote:
I played up my frustration at RCE and called him a bad player who I didn't want to play with. That's not the same as threatening a blacklist (and he was already voting me anyway), and I didn't do it to anyone else. Faking that frustration is a valid tool. Maybe went a little over the top but I don't think it was a deciding factor.

You lost, because you played very badly. You don't have bad instincts (well, maybe) but your charisma is virtually nonexistant. I'm just trying to help you out. Self-improvement starts with recognizing where you went wrong. But if you want to be a spoilsport and cry about how it's everyone else's fault, go ahead.
In post 1226, Jacket wrote:One of the worst excuses for a player I've ever seen. Stay out of my games, thanks.
In post 728, Jacket wrote:I have exactly zero fear of getting vigged if Three flips town, because it would mean their reads were gamethrowingly bad and the game was unwinnable anyway. They're not own though.
In post 742, Jacket wrote:
In post 734, Three wrote:Or just vote Jacket because he called me obvscum but then demanded ADSE get mislimmed and NM get Vig'd.
Again, flagrant istortion of the truth. You're obvious scum. We also had barely any time left before deadline and very little activity. Even if I could have convinced people you were 100% mafia it was unlikely there would be enough time to get a wagon on you. It's better to have an elimination day 1 than none. This is basic stuff. Of course, it's convenient for scum to sit on their own on a vanity wagon and then blame town for the mis-elim.

Again, you're being absurdly fucking disingenuous right now, I swear to god, if no one else sees this the game is an absolute disgrace.
In post 964, Jacket wrote:VOTE: Looker

Three sucks. Obnoxious player. Not dealing with them again.
In post 991, Jacket wrote:
In post 967, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 963, Nathann wrote:RCEnigma, is massclaim a good idea here? Considering the shortened deadline, we should get to it if we're planning to.
Yes, it's MeLo so we lose on a miselim. I mean I'm kinda ready to lose this game already but if you want my input I'll give it.

We do not have a Vig but we do have at least 1 more pr for the town.

SK with roleblocker means we rolled T 1 or 3 times.

I also have a loose order I'd want claims in I think. But I see some merit in massclaiming by role and not by slot.
Has to be a vig because of 3 deaths N1, right?
In post 968, RCEnigma wrote:I just wanna like elim jacket and if we lose we keep it moving.

But I'm out right now so I'll give some attention to the game maybe later tonight.
I would recommend not throwing the game just because Three got stupidly tunneled.
In post 1020, Jacket wrote:I think it's really super obvious to anyone that's not Three that Scorp wouldn't try to bus his teammate immediately on replace in. But maybe that's because I'm biased.
In post 1113, Jacket wrote:Still haven't heard an actual reason why RCE seems to think I'm sum beyond Three's shitty case pairing me with Scorp.
No but yeah I'm just mad that I lost and definitely not because you made OOG threats and constantly made personal attacks and insults while projecting your own shitty attitude onto me. Even now you refuse to admit to your behavior and resort to more personal attacks. Even in the post game you can't help but make it miserable and uncomfortable to read your posts.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:54 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Ggs everyone. This game was very interesting to me after I subbed out. Though we didn’t get to see much of Galron’s play and I would’ve liked to see it considering what others have said about them.
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:17 am

Post by Cook »

PRIVATE TOPICSNot that many PTs compared to other games. Releasing access to them one by one, give me a moment.
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=88327
// SCUM PT

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=88328
// SK Notes PT

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=88329
// Dead PT

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=88323
// Mod PT

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=88336 // RH9's Notes PT
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=88337 // A Dreary Saturday Evening's Notes PT
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:58 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

-
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!

Return to “Completed Open Games”