Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Open 840 - Guardians of the Fortress [Game Over]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Prism »

Open 840 - Guardians of the Fortress

Modded by Prism, backup modded by catboi.
Setup by Something_Smart, ruleset unashamedly plagiarized from Hectic, and for formatting I am greatly indebted to northsidegal

Game Status

Game Over!
Spoiler: And the result is...
The Guardians have fulfilled their win condition by securing a score of 2-0 on Day 2!

Players

Spoiler:
1. numberQ
2. Tanner
3. Pavowski
DArby

4. imaginality
5. Lukewarm
6. RH9
Toogeloo

7. Aristeia
8. VP Baltar
9. implosion

Gate

Spoiler:
1. VP Baltar
2. imaginality
Tanner

Keep

Spoiler:
1. Lukewarm
2. Aristeia
3. Pavowski
DArby

Wall

Spoiler:
1. RH9
Toogeloo

2. numberQ
3. implosion

Events

Last edited by Prism on Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:45 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:27 pm

Post by Prism »

Ruleset

1. Fundamentals
  • All site-wide rules apply. Read and respect them.
  • This is a game. Have fun, and keep the game fun for other people. This might be the most important rule.
  • There is no personal communication regarding this game outside of this gamethread & associated PTs.
  • Do not quote any private communication (either real or fabricated) with the moderator, backup moderator, or fellow players. As this setup is open all PMs posted, quoting directly from your role PM is allowed, but please do not attempt to exploit this.
  • Heated discussion and debate is allowed, but personal attacks are not. I reserve the right to protect my players, and all other community members. Please PM myself and the backup moderator if you feel something needs our immediate intervention.
  • Play to your Win Condition.

2. Phases & Activity

• Please post at least once every 36 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. If you fail to respond to said prod within 36 hours, you will be replaced.
  • Holiday extensions (ie. Dec 24th/25th, Dec 31st) will not count against these timers. V/LA prod timers will be extended to 48 hours with 36 hours to respond; please contact me if you feel it will be a struggle to meet this, or if your religious holiday does not fall on the specified dates and you are concerned about a prod.
  • At the time you would receive a third prod, or fail to respond to a prod by posting in thread within 36 hours (or by PM if at Night), you will be force replaced.
  • Each phase shall have a standard deadline with the possibility for extensions for holiday and replacements. Day 1 will have a 5 day deadline and Day 2 will have a 10 day deadline. Night will last 48 hours. Any phase that would extend through Dec. 24th until Dec. 26th, defined as midnight EST, will receive a 48 hour extension. A further 24 hours will be extended for any phase extending through Jan 31st, again defined as midnight EST.
  • Votes must not be spoilered and should be in the format of VOTE: Player or
    Vote: Player
    , or they will not be counted. Abbreviating someone's name is acceptable, so long as I can discern who you were voting for without trouble. If I think it should count as a vote, it will.
  • Unvoting is not required, but is much appreciated. Note that you cannot move your vote once placed on Day 1.
  • The following is a list of outlawed shenanigans:
    • Using invisible text, codes, cryptography, etc.
    • Editing your posts (if you have the power to do so)
    • Quoting any PTs you may have access to
  • If any of these offences are committed, I have the right to force-replace you from the game, or, with listmod permission, modkill you.

3. Miscellaneous

• My mod colour is #2F66A9; don't use it or anything similar.
  • Feel free to address me in-thread, but if there is a large egregious mistake please PM myself or catboi. Small matters like errors in the votecount can be posted in-thread.
  • I have the final say on any issue. If you disagree with any action or inaction taken by me, feel free to PM myself or the relevant listmod, Something_Smart.
  • While I have tried to be thorough, I reserve the right to take corrective action with or without warning for any issue I feel was omitted in this ruleset.
Last edited by Prism on Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:58 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:28 pm

Post by Prism »

Setup & Mechanics

The setup is Guardians of the Fortress
  • The role distribution is 6x
    Guardian
    and 3x
    Saboteur
    , representing the town and mafia factions respectively. Saboteurs are known to each other and have daytalk.
  • The game has three phases. In order, they are Day 1, Night 1, and Day 2.
  • On Day 1, there is no elimination. Instead, at any time a player may sign up for assignment to the Gate, the Wall, or the Keep by voting for that location (eg. VOTE: Gate). A player is assigned to exactly one location, and players may not change their assignment once chosen. Any location that receives three players, the maximum, will be considered filled and no longer eligible for player assignment.
  • Day 1 ends when two locations are filled, and any remaining players will be assigned to the unfilled location automatically.
  • If all 3 Saboteurs are assigned to the same location Day 1, the game ends in a Guardian victory.
  • On Night 1, the Saboteurs must select two players to swap location assignments. There must be exactly 1 Saboteur in each location by the start of Day 2.
  • Day 2 is played as 3 concurrent minigames at each location, although all nine players will share the game thread and submit their respective minigame votes there. Players are free to weigh in on other minigames as they see fit.
  • Each minigame uses the following rules:
    • At the
      Gate
      , one Guardian player is chosen by the Saboteurs overnight to be publicly confirmed as a Guardian. The Guardians must vote to eliminate the Saboteur to win.
    • At the
      Wall
      , there are no special rules. Guardians must vote to eliminate the Saboteur to win.
    • At the
      Keep
      , Guardians must vote on one player. If that player is a Guardian, the Guardians win; otherwise, the Saboteurs win.

• A minigame is immediately resolved, and the outcome made public, once a decisive result is reached. Players in a completed minigame may no longer post in any gamethread once they are publicly flipped and the minigame's result posted.
    • There exists an important exception to the above: The player chosen by the Saboteurs to be publicly revealed as a Guardian may continue to post after the resolution of their minigame at the Gate.

• These minigames are best 2 out of 3, and the game will end when a single faction has won exactly two of the minigames.

Additionally, deadline requirements must be kept. Any failure to act by a faction will result in an immediate loss. Resolutions of unassigned players, unresolved night actions, and unresolved minigames are as follows:

• A passed Day 1 deadline results in a Saboteur victory if
    any
    Guardian remains unassigned, and a Guardian victory if
    only
    Saboteurs remain unassigned. Note that automatically resolved assignments do not trigger this condition.

• A passed Night 1 deadline without submission of the required Saboteur night actions results in a Guardian victory.

• A passed Day 2 deadline results in a Saboteur victory.
Last edited by Prism on Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:02 am, edited 12 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by Prism »

Sample Role PMs

Saboteur (Scum) Sample PM

Having already betrayed your past, you have only one thing left to lose.
The decisive moment has arrived. Put your life on the line and win the right to forge a new future.

[PLAYER], you are a
Saboteur
. Your co-conspirators are [SABOTEUR 1] and [SABOTEUR 2].

Abilities:
  • At any time during the game, including during the confirmation phase, you may talk with your co-conspirators here: [SABOTEUR PRIVATE TOPIC]
  • During Night 1, the Saboteurs must select two players to swap locations. There must be exactly 1 Saboteur in each location by the start of Day 2.
  • During Night 1, the Saboteurs must select one player whose final location is the Gate to publicly confirm as town.
  • You have your voice and your vote. Use them wisely.
Basic Win Condition:
  • You win if exactly two of the Gate, the Wall, and the Keep are controlled by the Saboteurs.

Guardian (Town) Sample PM
The sands of time blow fiercely, threatening to sweep you and your legacy away irrevocably.
The decisive moment has arrived. Weather the storm without fail.

[PLAYER], you are a
Guardian

Abilities:
  • You have only your voice and your vote. Use them wisely.
Basic Win Conditions:
  • You win if all three Saboteurs are assigned to the same location.
  • You win if exactly two of the Gate, the Wall, and the Keep are controlled by the Guardians.

In addition to exactly one of the above role PMs, all players will receive the same two spoilers highlighting important setup features & deadline conditions, along with a confirmation request. All three can be found here.

Role PM Addenda & Confirmation Message

Spoiler: Important setup notes
  • A full description of the setup, including the rules of the Day 2 minigames and Guardian/Saboteur sample PMs, can be found here.
  • You cannot move your Day 1 vote when placed, ie. All Day 1 location decisions are final
  • Day 1 will end the moment two locations are filled. The third location will be populated automatically.
  • The assignment of 3 Saboteurs to a single location results in a Guardian victory.
Spoiler: Special deadline win conditions that I hope will be irrelevant
  • A passed Day 1 deadline results in a Saboteur victory if
    any
    Guardian remains unassigned, and a Guardian victory if
    only
    Saboteurs remain unassigned. Note that automatically resolved assignments do not trigger this condition.
  • A passed Night 1 deadline without submission of the required Saboteur night actions results in a Guardian victory.
  • A passed Day 2 deadline results in a Saboteur victory.

You have 36 hours to confirm by responding with your role name, an acknowledgement that the Saboteurs have daytalk, and the answer to the question "Can you move your vote when placed Day 1?" The game will start when all players confirm, and you can find the gamethread here.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Prism »

All Role PMs have now been sent. Players have 36 hours to confirm before I seek a replacement:

(expired on 2021-12-19 09:00:00)

I noticed that I did not specify whether Saboteurs could continue to post in their PT after the resolution of their minigame on Day 2. They cannot, and I have revised the ruleset to reflect this. This did not come as the result of an inquiry of a player.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:49 am

Post by Prism »

Nine gather in the central courtyard to ominous news. The remains of the spare parts for the fortress's various defense mechanisms, recently unaccounted for, have washed up as floatsam on the banks of the river just below the wall. The leftover vestiges testify only to ruined wrecks with no hope of recovery, and most of the debris has long since been swept away.

Posting a single guardian is no longer an option, not with such clear evidence of sabotage in your midst. The fortress can hold if one section is rendered inoperable, but all will be lost if the damage extends further. Hold out until the machinists can reinforce the critical mechanisms; the saboteurs must surely act before then, or their chance will be gone.

There is no commander anymore, not when mutual suspicion runs so deep. For the moment, you can trust only yourself. Still, you know some share your purpose. You all have your strengths and weaknesses, sections of the fortress that you know inside and out. There are postings that keep you at your most alert, that lull you into a sense of overease, or whose grand sights overwhelm you with a wave of despair.

Leverage that knowledge of yourself and each other to maximum effect, or you too will find yourself as floatsam in the river of oblivion.

For Saboteurs and Guardians alike, the question is the same: Where will you go?

Day 1 has begun, and you may now post. The deadline is in (expired on 2021-12-23 10:50:00).
Last edited by Prism on Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:53 am

Post by Prism »

Guardian Assignment Tracker 1.0

LocationGuardians
Gate
(0)
Keep
(0)
Wall
(0)
Unassigned
(9)
numberQ, Tanner, DArby, imaginality, Lukewarm, Toogeloo, Aristeia, VP Baltar, implosion

9 Guardians remain unassigned. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2021-12-23 10:50:00).
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:02 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Tannnnnner

Also, hello old heads.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:04 am

Post by Tanner »

baltaaaaaaaar

i guess i cannot enter with my usual "ego. + random vote" for this account, huh.

okay, here's the shit: i want to go to the keep. i won't lolvote because i like to pretend i believe in democracy and all that, but that is where i want to go. discuss. or don't, i dunno.
your eyes on the city.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Why the keep?
YOUR AD HERE

Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:10 am

Post by Tanner »

only one town found is required to win the keep - my role pm is green. i don't expect that to be taken at face value, but i believe i can townspew enough for it to become apparent. after that, we only need one more.
your eyes on the city.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 10, Tanner wrote:only one town found is required to win the keep - my role pm is green. i don't expect that to be taken at face value, but i believe i can townspew enough for it to become apparent. after that, we only need one more.
Well, we could win by that point if you're town spewing. Best 2 out of 3.

I don't really have strong feelings about where I go. Now that you brought this up, I'm half considering going where you go because I feel fairly confident I can actually town read you at this point (of course, haven't seen your scum game in awhile, so who knows)
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Of course, I do have a vacation planned dec.22-27. I think I will be able to post some, but will be semi-occupied during that time. Maybe orientation toward the first or last mini game makes more sense for me?
YOUR AD HERE

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:30 am

Post by Aristeia »

I was hoping to go with Tanner somewhere to flirt with him and I am sad he does not want to go to the same place I want to go to.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:31 am

Post by Aristeia »

Hello Baltar!
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:31 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 11, VP Baltar wrote:I don't really have strong feelings about where I go. Now that you brought this up, I'm half considering going where you go because I feel fairly confident I can actually town read you at this point (of course, haven't seen your scum game in awhile, so who knows)
hm. my hope was to bring two scummiest people to the keep with me. if we're right on them both being scum, scum will be forced to move one of them, which would greatly help us. of course, wifom is a thing, and this whole operation rests on the assumption that people will collectively townread me, so we'll see.

there's probably an optimal strategy for the order of the minigames played, but i haven't checked the past runs of this setup yet to see if they'd figured it out.

pedit: we'll see what can be done about that, aristeia! ;)
your eyes on the city.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:32 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 13, Aristeia wrote:I am sad he does not want to go to the same place I want to go to.
what place would you prefer?
your eyes on the city.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:32 am

Post by Prism »

Note that I have added to my ruleset regarding V/LA and holidays.

The initial prod timer for players on V/LA will be 48 hours, but you will still have only 36 hours to respond. Holiday extensions, if necessary, will not count against prod timers. I will generally use EST to calculate this, but I will try to account for timezones.
Last edited by Prism on Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:33 am

Post by Aristeia »

I guess if I am to play this game very seriously I would go to Gate to become IC or 1v1 someone to death.

If I am just roleplaying for funzies I would go to the Keep with Tanner and make him pocket me and feel happy.

choices choices choices
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:33 am

Post by Aristeia »

I think maybe I could go to Keep with you, it would be a fun date <3
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:34 am

Post by Aristeia »

Where would you like me to go?
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:35 am

Post by Tanner »

if we're playing seriously - i'd want you to go to gate if you're town. i want you to be town, but it's obviously too early to tell.
your eyes on the city.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:36 am

Post by Aristeia »

gosh you can't tell I am town already?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 14, Aristeia wrote:Hello Baltar!
Oh hello
YOUR AD HERE

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:37 am

Post by Aristeia »

it doesn't make much sense for scum!me to want to go to keep with town!you to flirt with you and then vote you the winner dear

Return to “Completed Open Games”