schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

open 841: concgratulations to the winners and losers

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:25 am

Post by schadd_ »

Hello? Yes, this is open 841: pick your power X/Y with a hint of something smart with a hint of something lime

modded by: schadd
shoutout to: ketchup peanut

Spoiler: players list
  1. Something_Smart
  2. Datisi
  3. skitter30
  4. SirCakez
  5. Sleepless Assassin
  6. Andante
  7. innocentvillager
  8. catboi
  9. Alyssa The Lamb
    flow trap

10. Kaiji
    northsidegal

11. Mare
  12. Enchant
    Menalque PookyTheMagicalBear

13. midwaybear
  14. Faker

Spoiler: alive people
  • the games over...

Spoiler: reveals
d1: sleepless assassin was a vanilla townie
n1: innocent villager was a town universal backup
n1: faker was a town 1-shot watcher (oops! see )
d2: sircakez was a town draft cop!
n2: midwaybear was a town lime doctor
n3: galron was a town tracker
d4: Enchant was a mafia 1-shot vigilante
n4: Mare was a town neighborizer
d5: skitter30 was a vt, along with datisi, alyssa & kaiji. something_smart & catboi, both goons, survived
Last edited by schadd_ on Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:59 am, edited 22 times in total.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:39 am

Post by schadd_ »

How To mod mafia game
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:39 am

Post by schadd_ »

Oops
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:40 am

Post by schadd_ »

the shit

general:

- Please adhere to the site rules.
- Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread.
- Day phases will last 9 days and 12 hours (for a total of 228 hours) (or until an execution is achieved).
- Night Phases will last 48 hours maximum. On any given night, if all players PM me that they are okay to speed up the night, it will end sooner.
- During night phase, no talking may be done in the thread. Um the thread will also be locked, so i think this rule only applies to listmods and stuff (this takes on new meaning due to the two listmods present in the game. Behave you two!!!!)
- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all (real or fabricated).
This includes specific timestamps and that sort of meta-data; please ask me if you're uncertain whether something breaks this rule.
Paraphrasing is acceptable.
- If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to PM the mod.
- "Bah" posts are not allowed.
- i don't like players using the term "lynch" in my game, and i make an effort to provide a bunch of fun and stupid alternatives. i would appreciate seeing that effort returned
- it is also like against site rules i guess

- rule number 1: don't break the rulez

voting / player actions:

- Vote either with vote tags (VOTE: schadd) or with bold (
vote: schadd
). Note that I didn't include the underscore in my username; you may choose to use a string that will uniquely identify a player to me instead of the exact thing.
- Don't try to confuse me with your votes.
- An Execution will occur once a majority decision is reached. if no majority is reached, the day will end peacefully.
- Following an execution, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread and declare it night.
- If you have a Night Action, you may submit it from Night 1 and each subsequent Night (or whichever nights are specified by the role).

activity:

- You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you haven't posted for 48 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 24 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.
- As well, if you require more than three prods, I will force-replace you.
-
If you decide to replace out, PLEASE PM me and don't post in thread after doing so - if you want to rescind the replacement BLEASE PM ME AGAIN and dont post in thread until i have been like "ok np"

things:

-
Aquamarine, 21B35F
is my color. Please don't use it. i dont use it either because i think it's hard to read on mafsilver
- No impossible/hard to read text, or cryptography. For example, I would prefer that no font size smaller than the one you're reading now be used.
- The mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.

rule that i am going to steal from datisi for fun & because it's in the spirit of things HOWEVER i think it IS a good rule and it DOES count:

~ play to win. seriously claiming scum with another player is against the rules. i will judge what counts as serious - don't toe the line.

actually wait sorry i'm gonna steal another one too:

~ very big images and big chunks of non-game-related text are allowed, as long as they are spoiled. if you post them without a spoiler, i will edit a spoiler in.
Last edited by schadd_ on Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:13 am

Post by schadd_ »

so in this case i am simply reposting the setup post made by datisi for open 825 except i'm changing colors and editorializing a bit & i added the lime doctor. it bears mentioning that the lime doctor is just a regular doctor, however there is a hint of lime. anyway without further ado.

game setup - pick your power x/y: hint of something_smart: hint of something lime

here is the wiki page for the original pick your power x/y. the setup we're playing today is the same, except it's different.
the differences between the linked setup and this abomination will be bolded below.

if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a pm, or yell at Datisi on discord (Datisi#6868). however, Datisi is a player in this game so you can't ask him any questions about it. you can ask
me
questions via schadd#7589. Only if you want!!!

the tl;dr of the differences between the og pyp and *waves hands* this:

~
during the drafting phase, scum will have a choice between two factional abilities:
multitasking
(all scum gain the ability to multitask) and
informed
(scum is informed of one pair of roles which was NOT selected during the draft phase. if multiple role pairs went unselected, this will be randomised. if all role pairs were selected, scum will be informed of this & may god help you).
~ this factional ability selection will be publicly revealed at the end of the drafting phase.
~
the possible role choices are slightly different.
scroll down to the table whose formatting i definitely did not steal from the worst's run of pyp, because Datisi did that

now, onto the full setup.

setup:

~ 11 members of the
town
~ 3 members of the
mafia
~ the scum pt will be open at all times, including in the pregame phases.
~ the main thread will be locked during the drafting and role bidding phase.

phase one - the draft:

~ once alignments have been dealt out, each player must send a (whole, positive) number back to the mod, with the lowest unique number winning the draft. second place is awarded to the second lowest unique number and so on, until all unique numbers have been exhausted. next placed on the list is the lowest doubled numbers, followed by the next lowest doubled numbers, and so on. continue this same process for triples and quadruples.
~ in cases of multiple players selecting the same number, the higher placed between these players is chosen randomly.
~
during the first setup phase, the mafia will collectively pick one factional power.
they may choose ONE of:
~~
multitasking
: the entire scumteam will become multitasking, meaning that they can carry out both the factional nightkill and any draft powers, in the same night phase.
~~
informed
: at the end of the second draft phase, the scumteam will receive a piece of information about the draft. if there are any role pairings which were not taken during the draft, the scumteam will be informed of one of these pairings. if there are multiple, they will be informed of one at random. if all role pairings were taken during the draft, the scumteam will be informed of this.

resolution of the draft:

~ the numbers selected, and the order of the draft, will be revealed publicly.
~
it will also be publicly confirmed whether scum selected to be multitasking or informed.
the information that scum receive from the informed modifier will not be made public.

phase two - bidding for roles:

~ once the draft order has been determined, each player pm's the moderator of the game with the role they'd like to be.
~ i will assign one power per pair, as players have selected. priority will be given from the top (winner) of the draft.

resolution of bidding for roles:

~ i will send out the new role pm's to everyone.
~ the game will then begin after 12+/14 confirmations.

the role pairs - with a hint of something_smart:

only ONE ROLE PER PAIR can exist in the game.

night 3 vigilanteorvengeful
1-shot vigilanteor2-shot PGO (active)
ascetic coporbulletproof
draft copor1-shot watcher
lime doctororroleblocker
universal backuporrolecop
neighborizerorvoyeur
jailkeeperortracker

~ sample initial role pm's - alignment only:
Spoiler:
townwelcome to open 841: pick your power X/Y with etc.! you are a member of the
town

please confirm your participation in the game by replying to this pm with your alignment, and picking a whole, positive number for the draft. after everyone has done that, the number choices will be revealed and the game will proceed to the role bidding phase.

mafiawelcome to open 841: pick your power X/Y with etc.! you are a member of the
mafia

your teammates are
playername
and
playername
. you may talk to them at any time in your mafia pt, located here. once every night, a living member of the mafia may submit a factional kill action.

please confirm your participation in the game by replying to this pm with your alignment or by posting in the scum pt, and picking a whole, positive number for the draft. after everyone has done that, the number choices will be revealed and the game will proceed to the role bidding phase.

~ sample final role pm's (town):
Spoiler:
vanilla towniecongratulations, you are a
vanilla townie
!

role abilities:

~ you have no special abilities.

win condition:

~ you win when there are no longer any threats to town and at least one town player is alive.

please confirm your role by replying to this pm with your role name.

town night 3 vigilantecongratulations, you are a
town night 3 vigilante
!

role abilities:

~ on night 3, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.

win condition:

~ you win when there are no longer any threats to town and at least one town player is alive.

town vengefulcongratulations, you are a
town vengeful
!

role abilities:

~ when you are eliminated, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.

win condition:

town 1-shot vigilantecongratulations, you are a
town 1-shot vigilante
!

role abilities:

~ once, at night, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.

win condition:

town 2-shot pgocongratulations, you are a
town 2-shot paranoid gun owner
!

role abilities:

~ twice, at night, you may elect to "arm" yourself. if you do, you kill anyone who targets you that night.

win condition:

town ascetic copcongratulations, you are a
town ascetic cop
!

role abilities:

~ each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. you will receive a result of
mafia
town
, or
no result
. actions that target you, other than kills, will fail as if roleblocked.

win condition:

town bulletproofcongratulations, you are a
town bulletproof
!

role abilities:

~ you are protected from kills that target you.

win condition:

town draft copcongratulations, you are a
town draft cop
!

role abilities:

~ each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. you will learn learns what role pair they tried to draft.

win condition:

town 1-shot watchercongratulations, you are a
town 1-shot watcher
!

role abilities:

~ once, at night, you may target one player in the game to watch them. if successful, you will learn which players in the game targeted them that phase, if anyone.

win condition:

town doctorcongratulations, you are a
town doctor
!

role abilities:

~ each night phase, you may target one player in the game to heal them. they will be protected from a single kill. you may not target yourself.

win condition:

town roleblockercongratulations, you are a
town roleblocker
!

role abilities:

~ each night phase, you may target another player in the game to attempt to block them from performing any night actions.

win condition:

town universal backupcongratulations, you are a
town universal backup
!

role abilities:

~ after the first power role has died, you will inherit their role. if the first roles to die are multiple people at night, you will inherit one of those roles randomly.

win condition:

town rolecopcongratulations, you are a
town rolecop
!

role abilities:

~ each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. you will receive either their role name or
no result
mafia goons
and
vanilla townies
will both return a result of
vanilla

win condition:

town neighborizercongratulations, you are a
town neighborizer
!

role abilities:

~ each night, you may create a neighbourhood with another player in the game. you will now have access to a private thread with this player for use at any time.

win condition:

town voyeurcongratulations, you are a
town voyeur
!

role abilities:

~ each night, you may target a player. you will learn what actions were performed on that player, but not who targeted them.

win condition:

town jailkeepercongratulations, you are a
town jailkeeper
!

role abilities:

~ each night phase, you may target another player in the game to attempt to jail them, blocking any night actions they might take and protecting them from a single kill.

win condition:

town trackercongratulations, you are a
town tracker
!

role abilities:

~ each night phase, you may target one player in the game to track them. if successful, you will learn which players in the game they targeted that phase, if any.

win condition:

~ sample final role pm's (mafia):
Spoiler:
mafia gooncongratulations, you are a
mafia goon
!

role abilities:

~ you have no special abilities.

win condition:

~ you win when there are no longer any threats to the mafia (or nothing can prevent this from occurring) and at least one mafia player is alive.

please confirm your role by replying to this pm with your role name or by posting in the mafia pt.

mafia night 3 vigilantecongratulations, you are a
mafia night 3 vigilante
!

role abilities:

~ on night 3, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.

win condition:

~ you win when there are no longer any threats to the mafia (or nothing can prevent this from occurring) and at least one mafia player is alive.

please confirm your role by replying to this pm with your role name or by posting in the mafia pt.

mafia vengefulcongratulations, you are a
mafia vengeful
!

role abilities:

~ when you are eliminated, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.

win condition:

mafia 1-shot vigilantecongratulations, you are a
mafia 1-shot vigilante
!

role abilities:

~ once, at night, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.

win condition:

mafia 2-shot pgocongratulations, you are a
mafia 2-shot paranoid gun owner
!

role abilities:

~ twice, at night, you may elect to "arm" yourself. if you do, you kill anyone who targets you that night.

win condition:

mafia ascetic copcongratulations, you are a
mafia ascetic cop
!

role abilities:

~ each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. you will receive a result of
mafia
town
, or
no result
. actions that target you, other than kills, will fail as if roleblocked.

win condition:

mafia bulletproofcongratulations, you are a
mafia bulletproof
!

role abilities:

~ you are protected from kills that target you.

win condition:

mafia draft copcongratulations, you are a
mafia draft cop
!

role abilities:

~ each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. you will learn learns what role pair they tried to draft.

win condition:

mafia 1-shot watchercongratulations, you are a
mafia 1-shot watcher
!

role abilities:

~ once, at night, you may target one player in the game to watch them. if successful, you will learn which players in the game targeted them that phase, if anyone.

win condition:

mafia doctorcongratulations, you are a
mafia doctor
!

role abilities:

~ each night phase, you may target one player in the game to heal them. they will be protected from a single kill. you may not target yourself.

win condition:

mafia roleblockercongratulations, you are a
mafia roleblocker
!

role abilities:

~ each night phase, you may target another player in the game to attempt to block them from performing any night actions.

win condition:

mafia universal backupcongratulations, you are a
mafia universal backup
!

role abilities:

~ after the first power role has died, you will inherit their role. if the first roles to die are multiple people at night, you will inherit one of those roles randomly.

win condition:

mafia rolecopcongratulations, you are a
mafia rolecop
!

role abilities:

~ each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. you will receive either their role name or
no result
mafia goons
and
vanilla townies
will both return a result of
vanilla

win condition:

mafia neighborizercongratulations, you are a
mafia neighborizer
!

role abilities:

~ each night, you may create a neighbourhood with another player in the game. you will now have access to a private thread with this player for use at any time.

win condition:

mafia voyeurcongratulations, you are a
mafia voyeur
!

role abilities:

~ each night, you may target a player. you will learn what actions were performed on that player, but not who targeted them.

win condition:

mafia jailkeepercongratulations, you are a
mafia jailkeeper
!

role abilities:

~ each night phase, you may target another player in the game to attempt to jail them, blocking any night actions they might take and protecting them from a single kill.

win condition:

mafia trackercongratulations, you are a
mafia tracker
!

role abilities:

~ each night phase, you may target one player in the game to track them. if successful, you will learn which players in the game they targeted that phase, if any.

win condition:

free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:51 am

Post by schadd_ »

i sent out all the role PMs btw. send me a number please
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:46 pm

Post by schadd_ »

aand here is your draft!

Andante: 2
skitter30: 3
midwaybear: 5
Mare: 6
innocentvillager: 10
SirCakez: 12
Faker: 14
catboi: 21
PookyTheMagicalBear: 1 + coin flip victory
Datisi: 1
northsidegal: 8 + coin flip victory
Sleepless Assassin: 8
flow trap: 9 + coin flip victory
Something_Smart: 9.

so at this moment you shall reply to me which role you're going to aim for; if no one else picked the row containing that role before you in the draft, you shall successfully take on that new identity.

night 3 vigilanteorvengeful
1-shot vigilanteor2-shot PGO (active)
ascetic coporbulletproof
draft copor1-shot watcher
lime doctororroleblocker
universal backuporrolecop
neighborizerorvoyeur
jailkeeperortracker
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:21 am

Post by schadd_ »

oh it also gets revealed at this spot: mafia chose multitasking as their factional ability.
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:43 pm

Post by schadd_ »

vote count 1.0 !

not voting (14):
Something_Smart, Datisi, skitter30, SirCakez, Sleepless Assassin, Andante, innocentvillager, catboi, flow trap, northsidegal, Mare, PookyTheMagicalBear, midwaybear, Faker

14 are alive, and it takes 8 votes to posthumously nominate someone for the rock and roll hall of fame. day 1 starts now and ends in (expired on 2022-01-05 12:45:00)

other ideas
  • thread unlocked
  • did you know that skitter30 is vla on fridays and saturdays?
free darius mccollum

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:48 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

i tonw
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:50 pm

just trust me I’m green as the chrstimas tree this tim :mrgreen:
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:51 pm

I’m voting for the next person that posts

I promise

Also I’m a vanilla townie
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:51 pm

Hahaha very serious claim above

why did this thread open right before im going to sleeep huehue
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:26 pm

Post by Faker »

It is a thrill to play again. It is unclear to me how to vote without really rolefishing here, but I really want to discuss why I made my number selection.

VOTE: skitter30

The last two runs of this setup have only a single scum draw over 10, with a meme submission of 69, and all 5 of the others are under 10. I have some theories on why this is, ranging from small sample size to player preferences independent of alignment, but I think there is some value in discussing how I'd approach the game as mafia.

To me, the value of roles for scum hinges mostly on mechanical denial. In contrast, town finds niche utility out of the dispersion of middling roles.

I believe catboi is town. My impression was that Datisi was likely aware of the avoidance of number 1, and that Pooky is the type to straightforward go for gold when presented with a prisoner's dilemma.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:28 pm

Post by Faker »

Missed a sentence.

I am more comfortable placing a vote on someone I've played with, and that leaves me to vote skitter over Andante. I don't know anything about Andante, but skitter had a high level of intentionality in Trust Fall, so I am comfortable voting her first.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:33 pm

Post by Faker »

(Should also make it clear that I am fully aware there are town incentives to aim high in the draft, and WIFOM/meta reasons to aim middle-low as scum; my point is that scum historically tend to disproportionately aim high)
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:42 pm

Post by Prism »

Skitter picked 6 in a previous run as town (while S_S selected 9 as both alignments), but I'll let things sit for now.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:42 pm

Post by Prism »

LMFAO THAT WAS FAST
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:43 pm

Post by Faker »

Ah well, my style is too idiosyncratic anyway. Was never going to last!
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:51 pm

Post by Faker »

And for Pooky: I regret nothing, trusting Meg and turbostossing every time, get rekt
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:51 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

why do you bother to alt if you sound the same every time
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:53 pm

how did i get rekt i was laughing my ass off
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:53 pm

VOTE: IV
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:56 pm

Post by Faker »

I'm inflexible and can really only play one way unless I want to deliberately sandbag, but it's nice to have a mixup.

On the other hand now I can just openly say "Pooky is exactly the type of animal to just submit 1 without thinking twice"
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:56 pm

imagine thinking when u can just establish a meta of always picking 1
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Open Games”