Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4050 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by fua »

Let's go. Let's go.

I knew it.

I can't believe we actually won somehow.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4051 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by fua »

@Catboi Thank you for hosting this game!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4052 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 4047, Tejate Raichu wrote:I would have probably scumread me off of d2 play either. Looking back, it reminded me a lot of how I played town in the SH days. I believe I mentioned before but in SH's heyday, I actually used to be way better at scum than town. As scum I would pull off these crazy plays, direct bullets, and get people to trust me enough to elect me chancellor. Then as town, I would say the most incriminating shit feasible.
thought you played a good game, your early reads were actually pretty on point. I was scared I might be throwing you into the deep end by inviting you after 1 game in the newbie queue but I felt you held your own here.
fua wrote:@Catboi Thank you for hosting this game!
Thanks for joining! I had to make a last second rush to get this to not get pulled, and I'm glad it ended up running after all.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4053 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:15 pm

Post by Shirou »

also nice chainsaw man art catboi!

thanks for modding, it was stressing but since we won it was fun.

sorry for messing up on pronouns early on, I think I got better by the end though. I was just unsure of what to call Meg/Enchant but kept forgetting about directly asking.
いつだってヒーロー。

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4054 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:16 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I think it was a fine play to do SvS cop check, but it may have been worth it to try claiming a later night. As we saw here, N1 cop claim with alive target is almost bound to get elimmed or checked at some point, just for the info. The mech seems to favor scum!cop claims to claim mid or later nights.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4055 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

wahoo!! gg everybody. Thanks for modding catboi, the game was smoothly run and replacements were quick, I had a ton of fun

Felt like one of those games where I was fighting with town a lot but glad it all seemed to resolve itself well in the end. I think this was a tough playlist to roll scum against and I'm also surprised the current scum winrate is what it is, feels like kind of a nightmare for scum mechanically with all the cop shots flying around. I'm definitely curious to see the reasoning of the AL kill on N2 in particular I would have thought taking out a cop would have been a bigger priority there.

thanks for playing everybody it was an enjoyable experience for me and I hope it was the same for you all as well! I apologize that I got a bit salty/aggro with Shirou, implo, and fua at points this game, there were a few times it felt like everyone was suspecting me and I let it rile me up a bit more than I should have. but glad it didn't ever compromise the game state and we were still able to block it out and win!! :]
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4056 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:18 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 4052, catboi wrote:
In post 4047, Tejate Raichu wrote:I would have probably scumread me off of d2 play either. Looking back, it reminded me a lot of how I played town in the SH days. I believe I mentioned before but in SH's heyday, I actually used to be way better at scum than town. As scum I would pull off these crazy plays, direct bullets, and get people to trust me enough to elect me chancellor. Then as town, I would say the most incriminating shit feasible.
thought you played a good game, your early reads were actually pretty on point. I was scared I might be throwing you into the deep end by inviting you after 1 game in the newbie queue but I felt you held your own here.
I was honestly a bit surprised that both of my hard scumreads for day 1 were correct. I guess I'm improving on that front. My secret is that I've been scrolling Vigilante and forcing myself to shoot night 2 in Town of Salem recently. Thank you for the invite and modding, by the way!
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4057 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Also I just want to say to GL, the reason I hammered even though I knew you didn't want me to is because the game seemed to be heading to a point where both of your competitors were going to get elimmed over you. So anything you had to say on the matter wouldn't really have changed the outcome.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4058 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by catboi »

PTs:

Dead/Spectator: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=88531
Mod: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=88528
Scum: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=88529

mafia team has 24 hours to request any redactions to their PT.

The setup:

Mafia: Cephrir, numberQ, redtea

Cops: nsg (N4), implosion (N3), fua (N3), Shirou (N3)

Doctors: Ydrasse (N2), imaginality (N2), morph (N5), tejate raichu (N3), GuiltyLion (N5), Amazonian Legends (N1)
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4059 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

ggwp all

thx for modding catboi
Imprefection is the spice of life.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4060 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by implosion »

I guess this explains why the midgame was such a slog.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4061 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 4053, Shirou wrote:also nice chainsaw man art catboi!
TY, was running out of ideas for stuff to post and i was like, hey wait,
power
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4062 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 4060, implosion wrote:I guess this explains why the midgame was such a slog.
How do you mean?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4063 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:23 pm

Post by implosion »

Ceph and nq being scum, with people calling nq's claim town at the time, meant that redtea was the only scum who was really meaningfully in the lim pool for a long time.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4064 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:23 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

btw Tejate you did a great job sticking through the suspicion/wagon on D2, I don't remember exactly when it was but there was a point where it suddenly clicked for me that you were town and you deserve props/credit for being able to towntell through a difficult D2 there

I find that my early reads are often more accurate than my later game reads, and I definitely think reads can be even better if you go through and reread the early game again once you know most players' alignments. I generally feel most people are better at scum as the game plan becomes more clear and slots have dirtied themselves throwing bad accusations around, it's really hard to establish a comfortable opening as scum and I also think townies are often able to more accurately detect real indicators/tells early because they aren't tunneled/stuck on incorrect reads yet.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4065 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 4055, GuiltyLion wrote:thanks for playing everybody it was an enjoyable experience for me and I hope it was the same for you all as well! I apologize that I got a bit salty/aggro with Shirou, implo, and fua at points this game, there were a few times it felt like everyone was suspecting me and I let it rile me up a bit more than I should have. but glad it didn't ever compromise the game state and we were still able to block it out and win!!
Sorry for the D2 stuff as well.

I got so riled up with you pushing me that I biased myself on your alignment and did stuff that I regretted almost instantly due to becoming less sure you really were scum after a few minutes/seconds had passed.

When I get too angry/stressed about something I do very questionable actions...
いつだってヒーロー。

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4066 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:27 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Yeah, my issue is that I just have a tendency to lose confidence too easy. I should have gone harder on an nQ wagon, but I just didn't have it in me at the time. I was so ready to throw him off of Mount Everest, but I think you were the only one who really shared that sentiment at the time. And thank you, at some point I just kind of realized that defending myself isn't going to help the gamestate at all. I started talking under the assumption that I was already going to die.

And yeah, figuring out last scum was difficult for me for that reason. I still wasn't 100% on Ceph because... he just didn't feel scummy to me in the early game. But I guess fua saw something I didn't.

I think we can all agree that day 2 was very rough for town. In hindsight, had I been mis-elimmed there, there's a very good chance that nQ and Ceph may have gotten away with it.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4067 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:28 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

no worries Shirou! I know how emotionally aggravating it can be especially if you feel your scumread is controlling the game. and I definitely don't think you ever did anything you need to apologize for, just defended scum a little too much for my liking ;P
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4068 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

imaginality N1 ---> Me D2 ---> ??? N2 ---> redtea D3 ---> probably fua N3 ---> really bad position
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4069 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:36 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 4063, implosion wrote:Ceph and nq being scum, with people calling nq's claim town at the time, meant that redtea was the only scum who was really meaningfully in the lim pool for a long time.
Definitely yes, when a game feels hard it's usually because someone is being miscleared so all the potential eliminations are on town.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4070 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by imaginality »

Also if Shirou had ended up being the lim over NQ yesterday I think scum would have had a good chance of winning from there?

Well played town, good recovery from an atrocious* mislim D1

Thanks for modding, catboi!

Well done scum for trying something, I think this setup would be hard to win as scum without pulling something sneaky.

*not really, I know my play D1 was far from great
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4071 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I still think that nQ's play could have worked had he claimed a later night. With a N1 cop claim, I feel like the information is just... too powerful to NOT flip. Even while I was hard scumreading Shirou, I acknowledged that mechanically it made a lot more sense to lim nQ.

And imaginality, you should have hopped on board the nQ train! We could have taken the brakes off the damn thing. Then again I share responsibility for your elim and my own being proposed by doing that weird vote into immediate unvote thing.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4072 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by fua »

I think my play was not that great, but it was really fun either way.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4073 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I kinda like the suggestion in the dead/spec thread about running this setup where scum have one night RB abilities. I think the biggest problem with this setup is it's not too much of a drawback to claim early if the docs claim or if we have multiple cops on a single night, both of which happened at points this game. the mech speculation was interesting and a major part of the game at times, which made the game a fun/unique experience, but IMO it feels like it would make things a bit more even if there were a little more disincentive for town to claim, and claiming to be RB'd could help give scum an avenue where they aren't forced to clear or protect certain players.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4074 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:48 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 4073, GuiltyLion wrote:I kinda like the suggestion in the dead/spec thread about running this setup where scum have one night RB abilities. I think the biggest problem with this setup is it's not too much of a drawback to claim early if the docs claim or if we have multiple cops on a single night, both of which happened at points this game. the mech speculation was interesting and a major part of the game at times, which made the game a fun/unique experience, but IMO it feels like it would make things a bit more even if there were a little more disincentive for town to claim, and claiming to be RB'd could help give scum an avenue where they aren't forced to clear or protect certain players.
Still skimming over dead PT, I saw this suggestion agree with this somewhat. Could be a neat change. I'm kinda reeling a bit at how many people are spectating this game. I can't believe so many people had to see my awful end of D1 play.

Return to “Completed Open Games”