Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:02 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1882, GuiltyLion wrote:like basically the whole way you went about framing my read dynamic with Ceph/Tejate/fua is just terribly disingenous

I didn't like Ceph's push on Tejate, it felt aggressive and I
was
townreading Tejate
I think about it like, fractionally more, and decide it's not especially unusual for town!Ceph to treat Tejate that way
I then think about how fua was pushing Ceph and decided to pressure fua in case they were trying to jump ahead of a Ceph-Tejate TvT

At no point was I really scumreading Ceph. at no point did I retcon my read into a townread. I was pinged, then decided it was not indicative, then came around to more confidently townreading Ceph over time

But you're playing up the magnitude of the suspicion I initially had on Ceph explicitly for the purpose of making it look like I was lying about how much I scumread him

which is ?? both because - that's not what I did, and also why the hell would scum!GL do that to begin with? There's no critical thinking in any of your case on me of what scum!GL gains or is trying to do with my posts, it's all just fear mongering about inconsistency in how I present my reads. I'm far more inconsistent as town than scum
I mean this is sort of the point. You never "scumread" him formally but you did unambiguously say you were getting scummy vibes from something of his, and then you quickly turned around on that. Hence my saying that you as town would want to push on that more. It's just weird to go so quickly from saying something Ceph did is suspicious (which you did do, even if you didn't formally scumread him) immediately to voting someone else specifically because of reasoning that assumes Ceph is town. Like I think it's pretty weird that early in the game to vote for a reason based on two specific people being town in the first place.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:05 am

Post by implosion »

I am probably playing up the magnitude of your ceph read there. But you're also playing it down. Maybe you are town and it's smaller than it looked but you said something of his was suspicious, then said maybe it's not as bad as you thought, and then described fua as "worse", implying you still thought Ceph's posts were bad. In particular,
In post 1878, GuiltyLion wrote:was I claiming to scumread Cephrir, or was I being couched and not very sure of the read

you can't have it both ways
Yes, I can have it both ways; you were claiming you found Ceph suspicious (I should have said this rather than "were scumreading ceph", but it was shorthand/imprecise, I guess - but it is splitting hairs to a degree). You also were couching and not very sure of the read. Like, you were saying you thought something he did was scummy and also saying you weren't very sure of the read, yes, that is literally exactly what I'm saying.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:08 am

Post by implosion »

And I do want to emphasize that for the crowd that I don't immediately know how much my "case" convinces me myself because, like I said, I was specifically trying to look for scum motivation in things. I'm hoping that it + looking at GL's reaction will help sort him better but I don't really have a strong opinion on his reaction so far.

There are two reasons that I decided to do this for GL in particular: one, as mentioned, I think I need to come up with some novel way to read him. Two, I have a sort of vague wishy-washy gamestate feeling that he makes sense as scum. Basically exactly the paranoia that I described him as lacking: I feel like the sort of status quo of reads is not good enough with imaginality flipping town. The nQ claim alleviates that feeling a fair amount but it's still there.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:18 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i’m just gonna clarify bc it’s easier than using my brain that my breadcrumb joke was real and i’m a n2 doctor so you can leash me to whoever
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:23 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I almost feel like open claiming was a better breadcrumb than the traditional methods.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:32 am

Post by fua »

Oh nice, four confirmed town already. I would appreciate being healed but it's no biggie if not. Still gonna keep my vote on Tejate.

Tejate, what does your readslist look like now that we're 2000 posts in?
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:41 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 1841, Tejate Raichu wrote:
In post 1827, morph the cat wrote:What are your current reads?
Amazonian and fua are town for reasons that should be fairly obvious.

Null town are GL, imp, Ydrasse, and Meg. Meg in particular because I liked NSG's later posts before she left; and because while I'm not exactly a fan of their opening here, I don't think it's very dissimilar from what they did in the newbie game.

Ceph is still a null read for me, and I've come around to a null read on numberQ as well. I think the latter half of their iso looks much better than the first. Ceph is null because I haven't been pinged much, and nQ is null because I've been pinged in both directions.

I wanted to give redtea a chance to prove me wrong, but honestly this slot still kind of sticks out like a sore thumb to me. morph, as I have already described previously, has pinged me little and what has pinged me has not inspired very much confidence.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:43 am

Post by implosion »

To be clear, nQ isn't confirmed town in any way, though I (still) don't think he's scum. There's technically an off chance of every "confirmed" player being scum but I have no interest in looking at any of them closely until at least like, day 5 if any are still alive.

And yeah fua and ceph are the more valuable ones because they're the ones being vouched for, and also because they still have their power role shots. fua moreso because they claimed cop but a theoretical n2 doc (i can't imagine who would be such a role) should be open to some wifom on who they target in theory. Another option is that we could leash ydrasse onto fua, and then a potential other n2 doc if they exist could target ceph, which could be nice.

Tbh, with ydrasse's claim, *another* way we could play is that if fua is a n2 cop they could say so explicitly in which case we'd
definitely
leash Ydrasse to them. fua shouldn't claim as much until/unless we decide they should, but if so then we can get a guaranteed reliable cop shot (or ydrasse-scum would kill them and out herself). On second thought though probably it's best to have fua not claim and just have Ydrasse on fua either way.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:44 am

Post by fua »

I'm not claiming which night I'm copping on. Then scum would know when to kill me.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:44 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I'm not going to write up a new one this second on account of I'm about to head out to dinner.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:46 am

Post by fua »

Explain why and how Morph pings you. Is that a hard scumread?
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:46 am

Post by fua »

Where's Shirou on that list?
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Came back to check before I head out. My issue with morph that brought me to a null-scum is their lack of posts I like rather than posts I didn't. I feel like at the very least I'd have seen more from ffery. I can't think of any specific posts that scumping me on such short notice, but the main reason I have almost no confidence in this slot at the moment is because the most townie post (in my opinion) that I've looked at was less like a loud ping and more like someone whispering the word "town" from another room.

I forgot to mention in that particular post, but I actually left Shirou out intentionally. I want to think a bit on their slot in particular, and I wanted to express those thoughts in a separate post. My bad for not mentioning it.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by catboi »

Vote Count 2.01

Tejate Raichu (2):
fua, Shirou
GuiltyLion (2):
numberQ, implosion
implosion (1):
GuiltyLion
Not Voting (7):
Amazonian Legends, Cephrir, morph the cat, MegAzumarill, redtea, Tejate Raichu, Ydrasse

With 12 alive, it's 7 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 2 is January 31 at 6:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-01-31 19:00:00)
Last edited by catboi on Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by fua »

Wouldn’t that mean they’re null? I don’t understand your case on them and redtea is just LHF.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 1907, implosion wrote:To be clear, nQ isn't confirmed town in any way, though I (still) don't think he's scum. There's technically an off chance of every "confirmed" player being scum but I have no interest in looking at any of them closely until at least like, day 5 if any are still alive.

And yeah fua and ceph are the more valuable ones because they're the ones being vouched for, and also because they still have their power role shots. fua moreso because they claimed cop but a theoretical n2 doc (i can't imagine who would be such a role) should be open to some wifom on who they target in theory. Another option is that we could leash ydrasse onto fua, and then a potential other n2 doc if they exist could target ceph, which could be nice.

Tbh, with ydrasse's claim, *another* way we could play is that if fua is a n2 cop they could say so explicitly in which case we'd
definitely
leash Ydrasse to them. fua shouldn't claim as much until/unless we decide they should, but if so then we can get a guaranteed reliable cop shot (or ydrasse-scum would kill them and out herself). On second thought though probably it's best to have fua not claim and just have Ydrasse on fua either way.
So... was there a point to this post? I think every single thing you said was either "maybe this but also maybe this", or you backtracked it a few sentences later.
Hey!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:56 pm

Post by implosion »

The fua claiming stuff was train of thought that ended with me deciding that it's best not to have them claim, and that ydrasse should probably go on fua.

The post started as the point being to point out that you're not clear, and that the others aren't 100% clear, which is an important distinction.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:18 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 1914, fua wrote:Wouldn’t that mean they’re null? I don’t understand your case on them and redtea is just LHF.
1) No. I would actually be happy to flip them, rather than the null spot where I'm still mulling them over. But that seems quite unlikely to happen today.
2) Maybe so, but that doesn't change my thoughts on it. I put it there because of what I've observed, not because it's a contentious slot. I know consensus reads are dull, but that doesn't mean they're incorrect or invalid. Several people have had similar thoughts, and I don't really like the arguments I've seen for redtea being town very much.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:35 pm

Post by fua »

I still don't understand how you have a compelling case on them whatsoever based on what you just said in 1912. Redtea is the easy vote.

If you had to pick a third scum who would it be?
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:44 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

nQ and Ceph are people I wouldn't like to vote today, so I'll need to do some re-organizing later. If I had to pick someone out of my townbin right now, implo would probably be my first choice to bump down.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:46 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

The discussion him and GL have been having the last few pages feels very stilted and awkward. I haven't really been a huge fan of his recent posts.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:47 pm

Post by implosion »

I don't think anyone should want to vote nQ or Ceph today... particularly Ceph. Why do you list them in that way?
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 1921, implosion wrote:I don't think anyone should want to vote nQ or Ceph today... particularly Ceph. Why do you list them in that way?
fua asked who my choice for third scum would be, and both of my reads just above scum were those two.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:50 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I should note, I made that reads post just a bit after Amazonian had claimed. nQ hadn't outed yet.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:37 pm

Post by redtea »

what did i miss