Open 843 - Divide & Conquer - Game Over!

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:30 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 1159, Prism wrote:By "clean" play, I mean I do not think esther has been even slightly opportunistic today, and has not been hesitant in hunting in 6, selling her case, and ruling out others (eg. on Dunnstral). Her points have all been natural to me, her realtime interactions too, and the only one I thought was out there was the one about me pushing to go in 6. If she hasn't played with me before she also will not understand my scum POV on strategy.

1048 in particular I want to highlight as a very, very good post. I took a very different angle on the IV post that I will discuss in a second, and it definitely has scum incentive in trying to nudge me along, but is more likely just chewing seriously on the partner question and what motivate IV to give that read.

I saw your tonal point, but I didn't find it persuasive. I talked about it earlier. I do similar as scum, but I copied it after losing to town players repeatedly. They're also very open about the approach, which again might just be the next layer of scumplay, but it is again extremely clean if so.

I think IV's day leans on the scum side, too. I again think the cut-off check-in and how little fight in him he has is indicative, and if I am wrong then okay. I read through the wall, and while it may have been the tilt, I did not find it cohesive or convincing, particularly in points like "Why is esther so calm?" when as scum she has more reason to be nervous and struggle to post, while IV's "calm" has been in the form of lost energy at a time when I expect he would have gone harder. He does not like playing scum and gets very demotivated even if he can put up a good fight when needed, and I think the wall lines up with that. His defense of me today, when I was not on the table but IV was, really suggested to me it was an attempt to win my vote back before it slipped.
She hasn't been outwardly opportunistic, sure, but not all scum play with that "evil opportunistic" mindset. Maybe you do or think that's what good scumplay is, but to me it's clear she's just going through the motions and trying to appear townie - that is a totally plausible scum approach even from an objective standpoint. Her points can be natural because she is just talking about setup spec with everyone else in realtime and that's not too difficult to fake.

I don't know why you think her being more open to hunting in 6 is townie, especially when some people have already made it clear that they think hunting in 6 is better. It's just so much easier to see from my perspective that killing in g3 is better (note that this is now g2 and g5) when I know it's better to just yeet a confirmed scum ASAP, whereas she's more interested in survival and appearing townie/posturing.

I think you like 1048 because it aligns with what you thought was possible I was doing. But why doesn't this come from scum trying to nudge you along as you mentioned (spoiler: it does)?

I thought at that point it was getting increasingly clear that you were emotionally invested in going between us and it seemed like you were really trying to figure out what the fuck was going on. It's maybe not the easiest to describe concretely, but I would be very surprised if you as scum could fake the energy that you have been giving off this day. Also in general I think "opportunistically winning your vote by hard TRing you" randomly is not really a thing scum do, much less me - I don't think it actually does much to pocket the other person because they might just get paranoid.

I don't know why you keep using the word clean - earlier your usage suggests it means non-opportunistic, but to me clean just means consistent. It's not difficult for scum to be consistent, but it is difficult to for scum to be in an appropriate headspace and emotional space at all times - I think scum!esther has the natural white noise participation part down but not the former.

My check-in frequency is a bit reduced lately because of me needed to balance RL better - I even had to go as far as to do a self-imposed ban. I understand that you think my posting timing can be indicative of alignment and I can't fault you for using that - however just keep in mind that there are out of game things influencing that in this instance.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:32 am

In post 1190, Prism wrote:You were also in 9:12, am I just crazy to think that IV can fake this?
Never in my 10 years of playing this game have I posted a long wall like that as scum, but take that for what you will. Maybe some shorter ones back in the day, but nothing as tilted and intense as I got that night. I'm not one to effort much as scum (9:12 is an exception but I put an uncharacteristic amount of effort into that one because I had more time, the plist was fun, and I wanted to put up a last ditch fight).
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:35 am

I think a Dunnstral/esther solve sounds fine, but I want to see where Dwlee and STD come out with their reevaluation with me/esther especially if it's with a vote; that may be pretty telling of how who scum is and how they are approaching this game going into f3. I'm at E1 and I would really prefer not being at E1 before they finish - @Prism I know this game is giving you a really big headache but I implore you to unvote to give people time to process. @Dunnstral you too, if you come around to this/are willing to consider that I'm town here.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:37 am

In post 1189, Save The Dragons wrote:i think it could be dunnstral in the 6 i think dwlee is more likely

as far as esther goes it just has to do with their posting vs. IV's posting, IV's seems more genuine and seems to come from a town position. i don't like the way esther just multiposts it seems to be efforting in an attempt to look townie. Yeah I know that IV's big wall can be construed as that as well and i'm wrestling with that too so i'm not sold on esther i just think it more likely.
I wrote the big wall because I was getting pretty tilted that people were buying her flurry of posts and noise as townie and piling onto me.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:42 am

In post 1168, Dwlee99 wrote: This post right here is just slimy. I also don't even see why "what if esther quickhammers" would be a concern town!iv actually thinks of in that moment.
How is it slimy? Prism thought he E1'd Todoroki but did not mention it. I thought this was like borderline newbie queue stuff but maybe I'm wrong (Prism please don't take that as an attack on your play lmao, I don't want to piss you off for no reason)

I don't know why you find my thought so weird? If esther was scum, she benefitted A LOT from Todoroki's quick and early death. I've mentioned this many times but I wanted Todo alive because NS is easier to read as the day go on. This is something I believe but also something I believe he made clear already.
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:49 am

Post by Brighter Puppy »

IV can you vote Dunnstral.

- Norwee
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by Prism »

What I'm getting from this is that I just have to look at esther's tone, ignore all of the hunting in 6, all of the motions, not missing a step, etc. and feel in my heart of hearts that she is scum even when I actively hate things from the IV slot.

To be blunt: No.

If you think it's Dunnstral/esther feel free to vote Dunnstral.
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:14 pm

Post by mc esther »

i can be around to make sure a dwlee (or i guess std but im pretty sure it'll be dwlee) wagon goes through at deadline if we cant reach three-group consensus. ive thought on the whole "but dunnstral is very definitely town thing" further, and eh, i probably dont really "get" to be an asshole and refuse to deadline hammer here, so okay. im also just, less concerned than i was earlier in the day that im the "guaranteed" miselim; i'd still rather get our pool sorted today rather than tomorrow, we're a pretty fucking dicey yeelo, but im no longer feeling "yeah lol we literally autolose to my d1 play if we get the six-group elimination wrong, i simply cant vote there".
~
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:19 pm

Prism I don't think you addressed any of my actual counterpoints that I gave in 1201
ignore all of the hunting in 6
Again like why is this townie? It's just not the priority for our slots today and fmpov it's clear she did
all of the motions, not missing a step, etc
What does this even mean??
when I actively hate things from the IV slot.
What do you hate beyond my "activity" level again?

You literally say I'm low energy as scum now when I just gave you a perfectly valid reason of why my activity is spotty - meanwhile esther's just popping in and posting "clean" white noise or whatever

I'm sorry if you're stressed out about this game but I you should at least consider it? Like at least admit that you're voting me because you're too stressed out about this game and just sticking with your lean and don't want to admit that you're conflicted, rather than essentially saying all the evidence points towards me - it just doesn't. Sorry if that's coming off as harsh but it's my slot on the line here.
Brighter Puppy wrote:IV can you vote Dunnstral.

- Norwee
I will vote there if I have to/there are not the numbers to kill esther. Dunnstral, STD, Dwlee are all better than my elimination today.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:20 pm

In post 1207, mc esther wrote:im also just, less concerned than i was earlier in the day that im the "guaranteed" miselim; i'd still rather get our pool sorted today rather than tomorrow, we're a pretty fucking dicey yeelo, but im no longer feeling "yeah lol we literally autolose to my d1 play if we get the six-group elimination wrong, i simply cant vote there".
You've literally had Prism and Dunnstral (regardless of his alignment) voting in a block with you and dwlee mostly undecided and only NOW had this revelation after I pointed out it was ridiculous that you didn't earlier? wtf
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:21 pm

It just all makes zero sense to me
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:23 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1196, Prism wrote:I love being forced to guess Dunnstral's alignment based off of 2/3 sentences every 48 hours and maybe one strong post a week.
You accused me of oog so I'm in full lawyer up, stay silent, only place votes mode now.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:26 pm

In post 1208, innocentvillager wrote:You literally say I'm low energy as scum now when I just gave you a perfectly valid reason of why my activity is spotty - meanwhile esther's just popping in and posting "clean" white noise or whatever
Like my motivation changes as RL ebbs and flows but I think it's been clear that last few days since I started losing that I'm here to win it so I'm not sure why you are still so adamant about me being lower energy at one random point in time, if you think that's scum!indicative for me

pedit: Dunnstral hi can you please explain your reads on me and esther or quote where you explained them?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:38 pm

Post by Prism »

VOTE: Dunnstral

I dropped it already. If you're going to refuse to play, then okay.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:02 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

I dunno about dunn but I cant wait for him to not post for 2 days again
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:03 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1212, innocentvillager wrote:pedit: Dunnstral hi can you please explain your reads on me and esther or quote where you explained them?
Esther looks like town and you don't. They had effort posts that looked good while you didn't have much. Inside the neighborhood I mentioned your progression early on who you were voting and what you were arguing for being weird.

The line is blurring now with your recent posts and I'd really prefer to vote between Dwlee/Save the Dragons (and I have all day), as I believe that one of those two is the mafia in the group of 6

VOTE: Dwlee
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

In post 1215, Dunnstral wrote:I'd really prefer to vote between Dwlee/Save the Dragons, as I believe that one of those two is the mafia in the group of 6
WOW.

THIS IS REVOLUTIONARY.

- Norwee
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by Prism »

VOTE: dwlee99

The fact that IV didn't blitz gives me pause but sure.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:08 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Official Vote Count 2.05
Dunnstral
(2): Dwlee99, Brighter Puppy
Dwlee99
(2): Dunnstral, Prism
mc esther
(1): innocentvillager
innocentvillager
(1): mc esther

Not Voting
(1): Save The Dragons

With 7 employees, it takes 4 to fire.

Deadline:
(expired on 2022-01-28 20:44:58).

Mod notes:
:)
Last edited by Pavowski on Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by Prism »

@Pav I also just swapped.

Seen and updated, Prism's vote came while I was adding the vote count. -Pav
Brighter Puppy
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Brighter Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:16 pm

Post by Brighter Puppy »

In post 1217, Prism wrote:VOTE: dwlee99

The fact that IV didn't blitz gives me pause but sure.
Eh, i wouldn't want to read based on that when we don't know if IV was online at the time, and also it's not ElO so IV probably shouldn't make himself look scummy by immediately hammering Dunn if they are town.
I get that you're trying to bring up an point in favour of our argument, but i'd rather we didn't try to find alignment indicative stuff from that.

- Norwee
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:23 pm

Post by Prism »

I still don't think it's him and he's giving content now. If it's not to me, understandable.

Dunnstral, I still prefer IV.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:27 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

I'm getting paranoid
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:34 pm

Post by mc esther »

In post 1216, Brighter Puppy wrote:
In post 1215, Dunnstral wrote:I'd really prefer to vote between Dwlee/Save the Dragons, as I believe that one of those two is the mafia in the group of 6
WOW.

THIS IS REVOLUTIONARY.
does the sarcasm indicate "and he would usually give more as town"? because, like, i dont think "basic" or whatever posts are alignment-indicative in themself.
~
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:05 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1222, Save The Dragons wrote:I'm getting paranoid
Of me? Of Brighter? Of Dunnstral? Of IV? Of yourself?

Successfully did not spend all day reading. We call it a W.

Return to “Completed Open Games”