Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3200 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:32 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 3194, implosion wrote:
In post 3191, Enchant wrote:But yeah, i apologise for just jumping with hammer, before announcement. Because i didn't knew about it. Previous post more about overall hammering.
I don't think this is what catboi is saying. It's not (at least not primarily) about the fact that you posted before the replacement was announced. It's about you hammering one minute after the replacement was announced.

It's about site meta having norms around things like declaring intent and allowing a claim before hammering, etc. It's okay (arguably, but I think it's fine) to break those norms, by quickhammering. But in this game before you replaced in, no one had any reason to believe any of the players in the game would do that (in fact, the opposite, there was no one in the game likely to quickhammer) and so people might put someone at E-1 e.g. with the intent to force a claim. When you replace in and quickhammer before anyone has a chance to unvote after seeing that you, a quickhammering player, are in the game, it's essentially a cheap shot and kind of rude in a different way from just quickhammering in general.

You can say "I think it was playing to win", but it really doesn't look that way when you do it indiscriminately one minute after replacing in, presumably before reading anything about the game (though maybe you read the game in depth before replacing in - I don't know, but I sort of doubt it). It just looks like abusing a game mechanism to get a cheap laugh. I think I personally would be at least somewhat less miffed at you doing it as scum because there at least there's a clear justification of it being a mislim that you think you can get away with.
I did it even before. But these slots are mafia, so no one cared.
So moment is "You was wrong so you get blamed".

Anyone can replace in, and then just hammer. Just because. My reputation SHOULD'T lay forbiddence on me on my decisions. Even then, if mod FEARS it, again, announce "Enchant replaced, known shitler, waiting confirmation in PM". And it's done. I think it should be ideal to decide on one direct approach with replaces, so you don't need to adapt for every mod in different mood.

Why i need to wait or something, just because i am known to hammer? To not pissoff people who writed HOLY META? Bah, i don't care. If breaking meta helps me win, i break them. Stop being so serious about your holy meta, what i can say.

In any cases where i hammer, i really consider if it's worth risk and how likely it flip maf. It's just happens that I DON'T NEED WHOOPING 7 DAYS to make decision. I comed from fast paced games, for me 30 minutes is enough. You can say that i take too small time, but you can never blame me for this approach (expect BAH YOU NOT PLAYING HOW WE WANT BAAAAH, on which i don't care). Because it's my decision, on which i put reasonable time in my case. Sometimes i wrong, sometimes i am right. More often wrong though, but it's just me not being expireinced.
Not going hide, hammering is funny, but i love winning more, and i hate,
HATE
losing, especially if it's me for blame.

Imagine people will throw shit on you every time you was wrong in the game, just because you didn't took MUCH time as they expected. Insanity. Spare me.

And worst thing is people talking bad about me behind my back and then deleting it. If you want to say anything to me, you can so freely, or even in PM. Really, maybe it can be looking like not, but i am pretty sane person and can communicate.

Sorry for being salty, but i am pretty annoyed with this. Don't even talk shit about me behind my back and then say "You was shit but afterwards not so shitty, so okay you not banned", it's just not right. I made decision dammit, which was wrong. It's mafia.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3201 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1, catboi wrote:If you make a post indicating that the game is having a negative impact on your out of game relationships or well being, you will be warned or forcibly replaced, depending on severity. If you believe the game is having a negative impact on your life, send me a PM rather than posting about it in the game thread.
I didn’t notice this until reading Datisi’s notes PT
This wasn’t a problem this game but my dad loves to breathe down my neck about my mafia hobby because sometimes I get audibly frustrated. He refuses to let me be in these scenarios and forces to explain and then he bitches about how I should stop playing. So this rule feels a bit over-limiting since with how my dad is there’s a ridiculously thin line between where games do not and do adversely affect my rl.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3202 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Are you saying you actually read enough to think Mala might flip scum, Enchant?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3203 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:45 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 3201, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1, catboi wrote:If you make a post indicating that the game is having a negative impact on your out of game relationships or well being, you will be warned or forcibly replaced, depending on severity. If you believe the game is having a negative impact on your life, send me a PM rather than posting about it in the game thread.
I didn’t notice this until reading Datisi’s notes PT
This wasn’t a problem this game but my dad loves to breathe down my neck about my mafia hobby because sometimes I get audibly frustrated. He refuses to let me be in these scenarios and forces to explain and then he bitches about how I should stop playing. So this rule feels a bit over-limiting since with how my dad is there’s a ridiculously thin line between where games do not and do adversely affect my rl.
I empathize with your situation, but it doesn't necessitate posting in the game thread which is what catboi is going for here. Privately send a PM to the mod, post in a private notes PT, or don't reference it at all.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #3204 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:47 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 3200, Enchant wrote:Why i need to wait or something, just because i am known to hammer? To not pissoff people who writed HOLY META? Bah, i don't care. If breaking meta helps me win, i break them. Stop being so serious about your holy meta, what i can say.
No. It's to respect the other players in the game who have dedicated a lot of their own time to playing the game.

There is a difference between being known as a "lolhammerer" as a playstyle, and being one who joins a game only to immediately hammer without consideration for the rest of the players of the game.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #3205 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:49 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 3196, VP Baltar wrote:ggs town. nice work fire and Enchant for not giving into wifom at the end.

ggs scum because I still love you all.
echoing this. I was vry bad this game so I appreciate my scumteam to taking it to f3.

enjoyed the playerslist and thanks to catboi for running.
<(") | (")>
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #3206 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:29 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 3168, Enchant wrote:Really.

I don't want lose to Looker.
And you probably ALSO don't want to lose to Looker.
...again.
GG :mrgreen:

I just spent four hours squeezing through underground caverns. No redactions to the wolf pt
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #3207 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:33 pm

Post by Looker »

Also, I appreciate the resumption of flavor for me :lol:
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3208 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:54 pm

Post by Aristeia »

Congrats Fire & Enchant!

Thanks for the game everyone - I enjoyed playing with all of you <3 [my first time beating Dats!Scum yay]

I think nightkilling me was probably a terrible idea because I was still quite confused atp in time.

Thanks for modding Catboi !
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3209 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:05 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Sorry I was getting frustrated at the game but then I tried to throw off with a soft which was my fault entirely
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3210 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:02 pm

Post by hutmeil »

Gg!
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3211 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:06 pm

Post by hutmeil »

In post 3182, catboi wrote:PTs:

Dead/Spectator: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=89638
Mafia: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=89635
Masons: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=89636
Mod: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=89634
Datisi Notes: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=89642

Mafia/Masons have 24 hours to request redactions to their PT.

Thread unlocked for postgame discussion.
I guess I have to wait 24hrs before I can see the scum pt?
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3212 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:26 pm

Post by hutmeil »

gut tells me mason newbie puts their buddies in town. we'll see after they elaborate i guess...
Haha thought about this too. That's why I just I played it like VT
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3213 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by catboi »

Mason and Mafia PTs are now released!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3214 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

scumtisi wrote:Post #46 (isolation #23) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:45 am

i'm sorry i am so stupid
Revenge is mine.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3215 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:11 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

-
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!

Return to “Completed Open Games”