Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:48 am

Post by Yume »

Yeah, it is solved. I am town, Auro is conftown, any you two are scum. Can we get on with it?
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:49 am

Post by Yume »

I mean, you two are obviously tryharding too hard.
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by obscure »

@Auro can i get your thoughts/opinions on how you'd like us to spend our time, or thoughts on the other threads?

me engaging with people i know are mafia telling me they are not mafia is not particularly productive, so.
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by obscure »

In post 26, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 25, Gamma Emerald wrote:NM, what is your take on the events of the other threads?
I'm not reading them
yikes
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by obscure »

thread 1 is very clearly yourhighness as the townie.
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:43 pm

Post by obscure »

i guess complaining about "tryharding" is a common theme amongst the mafia here as Yume did it in and NM in his game
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:03 am

Post by Auro »

I'd like to share that I (think I) have a good gamesolve technique!! If only us ICs had our own private thread. I'll share my hunches for T1/T3 mafia later.
To the ICs in the other threads, let's try to align our gamesolve before submitting our answers.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:05 am

Post by Auro »

In post 27, obscure wrote:@Auro can i get your thoughts/opinions on how you'd like us to spend our time, or thoughts on the other threads?
I'd actually love to see you discuss with the other two in this thread about the entire game.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:11 am

Post by Auro »

Lol @ Gamma's thread members not bothering about the other threads.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:21 am

Post by hutmeil »

Idk, I like keeping my cards close to my chest.
^This. I agree with Furtive here.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:21 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 32, Auro wrote:I'd actually love to see you discuss with the other two in this thread about the entire game.
Do you have any particular questions in mind?
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:58 am

Post by obscure »

furtive, that's because the other 2 in yourhighness thread are so scummy.

Also, read high's reads list (particularly the ones on me and the portion on himself). It's really scummy.

@Auro, alright, I don't see the point of directly engaging with people I know are mafia but I'll talk about my thoughts on thread 3 soon.
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:06 pm

Post by obscure »

By high I mean hutmeil. Read hutmeil's reads list. It's very TMI.
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by obscure »

also I may have overstated my confidence in yourhighness but fmpov both of the other 2 were refusing to do anything so idk how to find them if they're town. And I liked highness enough.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:54 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 37, obscure wrote:By high I mean hutmeil. Read hutmeil's reads list. It's very TMI.
TMI? Which bit?

This is a lie and an obvious attempt to discredit me.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:59 am

Post by hutmeil »

And the name's
hutmeil
(not high, not oatmeal, not nutmeil, not huntmeal) :D
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:26 am

Post by obscure »

the read on me. Like, you can't think of a real reason to scumread me because you know I'm a townie.

I'm a little torn between nonna and Bella as the townie in their thread. I need to read more carefully later.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:34 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 41, obscure wrote:the read on me. Like, you can't think of a real reason to scumread me because you know I'm a townie.
That's not TMI. I don't have to scumread you because I KNOW you're scum.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by Auro »

I think I'm currently leaning towards obscure as this thread's VT. What do you think, fellow ICs?
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:29 am

Post by obscure »

work has died down so I plan to spend some time today talking through my thoughts on the other thread so people can see a bit into my mind more than broad statements (and answering any questions)

Appreciate people's patience.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:24 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 43, Auro wrote:I think I'm currently leaning towards obscure as this thread's VT.
Oh boy. I do hope you reconsider.
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:54 am

Post by obscure »

thoughts on thread 3

at first i liked bella. she sounded pure with #5, the whole "am i the only town?" it took me a bit to explore the set-up/realize this. however, i didn't feel that same sincerity from Malakitten's #7. because.. it only took me one read-through to figure out it was 2 mafia per thread, so it felt like a forced attempt to slip that they're townie. i also liked that bella called hutmeil out as scummy right away, though it's possible i put too much merit into that point, especially for something (i believe) that came up later, just tracking the timeline here.

by #17 i could sort of believe mala's townslip as "legit" but i don't think that makes them town - like, can't they be mafia who didn't realize how the threads worked? as i get to #20, i'm a little less certain on mala just being lock scum here.

@Malakitten, if you're townie, it'd be nice if you could give opinions on other threads, though.

#37 sounds sort of sincere from Nona? i don't know. "solving" wasn't my first thought here, but i guess if it correlates to how they treat the other threads.

#51 also sounds a bit sincere from Mala.

#53 from bella kinda makes me think the pair isn't Bella/Nonna though, because that would be pretty bold of her to say as scum with Nona ngl.

the posts after, the solving from Nona feels kind of genuine, tilting into the region of towniest of the 3. also, Bella's post about not being able to really say anything not townie about Nona pinged me as similar to how hutmeil is treating me.

while Nona seems to stick to their guns on me despite giving opportunity to change, Bella's turn on me by #102 doesn't really make sense/feels illogical and opportunistic for after furtiveglance voiced concerns on me, since early on, Bella was explicitly saying that they liked me more than hutmeil and Yume. so it's possible bella is just an impressionable villager, but i've found Nona's solving to seem more real.

so, all in all, I've realized I like Nona the most from your thread at this point, and hopefully this explains why better @furtiveglance. Mala isn't all negative, but i found something to indicate the team isn't bella/Nona, and Nona as a whole has been the best.
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:46 am

Post by obscure »

thread 1
should be an easier answer, and hopefully it's as simple as it looks. yourhighness's solving/points come across as very real to me, including how they're sort of pleading the ICs to see what they're seeing in #4.. relatable too. while #9 i worried inched into the territory of too "on the nose," i think the fact they noted that they wouldn't make the declaration with confidence until i spoke was a + point for them being town.

in addition, galron's whole "yeah i'm not reading" and "yourhighness is just tryharding" (#17 / #18) just feels like lazy mafia tactics to discredit a townie, similar to what yume was doing well. whereas villagers care about figuring things out, or so i'd think.

then NM just flat out refuses to read the other threads too in #26. yourhighness and i still seem to kind of be in agreement.

NM repeats the same "tryhard scum" argument that people who are confirmed scum have used. seems a common way to just misrepresent townies.

so yeah, i think i feel comfortable with yourhighness/Nona as the 2 vanillas in the other threads!
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:54 am

Post by obscure »

for the ICs uncertain, quote of hutmeil's reads'. see bolded for why it' scummy

Thread 1
YH - Looks like the slot is scumhunting and townhunting in the other threads. Very active. Looks townie - out of all threads.
Galron - Not quite active. Not willing to read other threads. Hmm, that's not helpful to town, so scummy.
NM - Haven't even posted yet. Lurking?

Thread 2
Hutmeil - Town. Like I know who's scum and town in the thread 100% just because of the setup. The real work is how to convince the IC that I'm the VT. Quite boring to be honest, but I guess I can town/scum hunt in the other threads which is something new to me (and hopefully will be helpful to the other ICs as well).

Yume - Said that I scumclaimed. Lolwhat?

obscure - Very good townie entrance. If it were a normal mafia game, I would townread him 100%. But then again, a lot of times those that seemed very townie at first turned out to be scum which is very much applicable to him here.

Thread 3
Bellaphant - The slot and Mala played "clueless" at first. Could be genuine or could be a scum play. No solid reads yet.
Malakittens - See above.

Nona1510 - No reads too. But I like how thread 3 is going with all the discussions flowing.

---

Purple 1. the part on NM feels like a TMI assumption. there's no reason to assume someone is lurking here.. unless you know they're mafia.

Green 2. this is way overexplained on themselves. like, an excessive attempt to be like "hey, look at me, i'm so town."

Red 3. so if hutmeil is a villager, that would mean he has 100% knowledge Yume and i are mafia.. so the bit on Yume is just weird sounding. "Said I scumclaimed. Lolwhat?" like.. it is just a lazy non-thought about a partner.

Blue 4. unable to garner up any actual points against me

Pink 5. just.. lazily repeats the same thoughts on mala as they had on bella. even though their posting was very different. this also makes me feel good about nona being the actual town in that thread, because the way he treats the other 2 is kinda similar.
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:56 am

Post by obscure »

In post 110, Bellaphant wrote:Maybe controversial actually but I really dislike obscures post to hotmail.com about making up reasons to scum read, as it just throws shade without actually advancing the point of the thread.
fypov what is the point of the thread? like, we have it solved in our personal threads, i know who is mafia here, so my goal is:

1. figure out the mafia in the other threads
2. show why the 2 others are scummy here

Return to “Completed Open Games”