Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:06 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 48, obscure wrote:for the ICs uncertain, quote of hutmeil's reads'. see bolded for why it' scummy

Thread 1
YH - Looks like the slot is scumhunting and townhunting in the other threads. Very active. Looks townie - out of all threads.
Galron - Not quite active. Not willing to read other threads. Hmm, that's not helpful to town, so scummy.
NM - Haven't even posted yet. Lurking?

Thread 2
Hutmeil - Town. Like I know who's scum and town in the thread 100% just because of the setup. The real work is how to convince the IC that I'm the VT. Quite boring to be honest, but I guess I can town/scum hunt in the other threads which is something new to me (and hopefully will be helpful to the other ICs as well).

Yume - Said that I scumclaimed. Lolwhat?

obscure - Very good townie entrance. If it were a normal mafia game, I would townread him 100%. But then again, a lot of times those that seemed very townie at first turned out to be scum which is very much applicable to him here.

Thread 3
Bellaphant - The slot and Mala played "clueless" at first. Could be genuine or could be a scum play. No solid reads yet.
Malakittens - See above.

Nona1510 - No reads too. But I like how thread 3 is going with all the discussions flowing.

---

Purple 1. the part on NM feels like a TMI assumption. there's no reason to assume someone is lurking here.. unless you know they're mafia.
Are you kidding me?? As of THAT writing, he hasn't posted yet. And NOW, if you check the activity overview, he's the 2nd least poster on his thread.
In post 48, obscure wrote: Green 2. this is way overexplained on themselves. like, an excessive attempt to be like "hey, look at me, i'm so town."
If I don't fight hard, best case is we go to round 2 and worst case is insta-lose. So I'm gonna fight you here and try to win IC over.
In post 48, obscure wrote: Red 3. so if hutmeil is a villager, that would mean he has 100% knowledge Yume and i are mafia.. so the bit on Yume is just weird sounding. "Said I scumclaimed. Lolwhat?" like.. it is just a lazy non-thought about a partner.
Lazy? Sure, I don't have to make a case against him. He's already scummy and no one's townreading him in any thread. My focus is on you.
In post 48, obscure wrote: Blue 4. unable to garner up any actual points against me
My point there is, looking townie doesn't mean your town. I've seen this in multiple games already. Case in point - you look townie to others in T1 and T3, but I know for a fact that you're scum.
In post 48, obscure wrote: Pink 5. just.. lazily repeats the same thoughts on mala as they had on bella. even though their posting was very different. this also makes me feel good about nona being the actual town in that thread, because the way he treats the other 2 is kinda similar.
You ignored the fact that I said I had no reads yet at that time (on both of them). I guess you're taking things out of context as your scum strategy to mislead others.
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:23 am

Post by obscure »

my point on #1 is that NM is mafia, and you knew NM was mafia. so you made the accusation of "lurking" whereas if you didn't know they were mafia, you may be more likely to assume they just weren't around.

but, fighting doesn't feel particularly productive. like, you're obviously not convincing me you're town, i already know you're scum unless the host lied to us. solving the other threads feels like a much more useful use of time for any villager, whereas mafia just wants to show they're town. which, is what your doing (IE, my point in #2.. and my general point when scrutinizing your analysis).

on #4, "i know for a fact you're scum" is a pointless way to appeal to me.. or to anyone.. because i'm not scum. and i know this. like, i'm saying that if you were town you'd be able to pick out actually scummy things i did. but you're unable to because you know i'm town.

i'm not ignoring that in #5, i'm just making the point that you're trying to flash the "omg, look at me, i'm so townie" card without actually being townie or trying to solve, like me (and yourhighness and nona) have done imo.
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:25 am

Post by obscure »

anyway, if any ICs/people in other threads are around and wanna chat or want my thoughts or anything, i'm around!
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:47 pm

Post by hutmeil »

In post 51, obscure wrote:my point on #1 is that NM is mafia
Slip? You KNOW NM is mafia? I don't know about you guys but this shows obscure is INFORMED and therefore scum. Obscure CANNOT AND SHOULD NOT BE ABLE KNOW the alignment from other people's thread. So his claim that he KNOWS NM's alignment is AI to me.
In post 51, obscure wrote:, and you knew NM was mafia.
Nope, I don't know the slot's alignment. All I know (for a fact) is that you and Yume are scum.
In post 51, obscure wrote:so you made the accusation of "lurking" whereas if you didn't know they were mafia, you may be more likely to assume they just weren't around.
In normal mafia games, we vote to put pressure on a slot. That is not applicable here, so me accusing the slot of lurking is my way of pressuring the slot.
In post 51, obscure wrote: but, fighting doesn't feel particularly productive. like, you're obviously not convincing me you're town,
I don't need to convince you. I need to convince the IC.

My persistent back and forth with you will hopefully show the IC that I don't intend the town to lose without a fight.
In post 51, obscure wrote: i already know you're scum unless the host lied to us.
Back at you. I know you're scum and of course the host didn't lie to us.
In post 51, obscure wrote: solving the other threads feels like a much more useful use of time for any villager, whereas mafia just wants to show they're town. which, is what your doing (IE, my point in #2.. and my general point when scrutinizing your analysis).
Using your logic, that's the reason why I posted my readlist. I'm giving my reads in hopes that this will be helpful to all 3 ICs.

I'll be posting an updated one later once I get to catch up with the other threads.
In post 51, obscure wrote: on #4, "i know for a fact you're scum" is a pointless way to appeal to me.. or to anyone.. because i'm not scum. and i know this. like, i'm saying that if you were town you'd be able to pick out actually scummy things i did. but you're unable to because you know i'm town.
Back at you, LOL! You said and I quote
"i already know you're scum unless the host lied to us."
If it's useless, why make the SAME statement yourself?? LOL. You're starting to slip here - scum.
In post 51, obscure wrote: i'm not ignoring that in #5, i'm just making the point that you're trying to flash the "omg, look at me, i'm so townie" card without actually being townie or trying to solve, like me (and yourhighness and nona) have done imo.
What are you talking about? I released my readslist even before you did. I posted 2. The first short one. And a second in color. I'll be updating it again later as I said above.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:59 am

Post by Auro »

How we lookin'? I think I'm happy just rewarding effort as a heuristic. I think town in any thread has a direct interest in gamesolving the other two threads.

@Nona from the other thread: you mentioned Yume looked okay at one point, any post from Yume that gave you townie vibes?
@
Nutmeg
hutmeil: What's your solve of the other two threads? I'm pretty sure you'd agree on YourHighness as town from Thread 2.
@Malakittens: What do you think of hutmeil versus obscure in this thread?
@Gamma: Not that this will lead anywhere - but can we ask Not_Mafia and Galron to simply pick a name from the other threads for VT? Even if they haven't read the other Threads and are randomly choosing.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:02 am

Post by Auro »

In post 53, hutmeil wrote:Slip? You KNOW NM is mafia? I don't know about you guys but this shows obscure is INFORMED and therefore scum. Obscure CANNOT AND SHOULD NOT BE ABLE KNOW the alignment from other people's thread. So his claim that he KNOWS NM's alignment is AI to me.
How do you know Obscure simply isn't extremely confident in Not_Mafia being scum in the other thread? I feel like it's pretty common that people go "XYZ is scum" when they're scumreading someone.
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by obscure »

@Auro i'm not finding it productive, honestly, to get in a back in forth with hutmeil here, but let me know if you have any Qs

same with you @furtive, one day you will love me <3

(and yes it was clearly that i was confident :P)
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:16 pm

Post by Auro »

Hmmm, suddenly confused over Thread 2 again, I don't think Not_Mafia!scum is as obvious as it seems based off his recent posts.

I feel like this game could simply be a single thread and nothing really changes except for easier engagement.

Agree with Gamma on Malakitten's post appearing fake. I'm rethinking on Nona versus Bellaphant again for one of Nona's posts that I'll discuss later.

Obscure, if the solve is the seemingly obvious {Nona, YourHighness, Obscure} don't think scum would be panicking a little more in their threads?

Yume, do you have any thoughts on anything at all? You've been absent. If you're town I'd hate to make the wrong guess because of lack of content from you, as one of my thoughts coming into the game was that scum would probably not bother putting in any effort.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:17 pm

Post by Auro »

It's been over 6 days since Yume posted. Can we get a prod, and maybe a replacement?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:17 pm

Post by Auro »

It's been over 6 days since Yume posted. Can we get a prod, and maybe a replacement?
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:27 am

Post by ProfessorDrapion »

Sure
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:44 am

Post by Yume »

Sup?
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:51 pm

Post by hutmeil »

In post 54, Auro wrote:@Nutmeg hutmeil: What's your solve of the other two threads? I'm pretty sure you'd agree on YourHighness as town from Thread 2.
Thread 1
Well, out of the 3, only YH looks townie. No question about that. The other 2 are just plain uncooperative (doesn't want to solve the other threads).

Thread 3
It's either Ballaraffe or Nokia3310. They're both trying to solve. I have yet to ISO again. I'll try to do so later when I'm no longer busy irl.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:57 pm

Post by hutmeil »

In post 55, Auro wrote:How do you know Obscure simply isn't extremely confident in Not_Mafia being scum in the other thread? I feel like it's pretty common that people go "XYZ is scum" when they're scumreading someone.
If this was a normal mafia game (and/or RVS) then I'd agree with you. But it's not. Qualifying/describing slots are important especially when me and obscure are going back and forth at each other. So for me this is a slip on his part.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:58 pm

Post by hutmeil »

In post 56, obscure wrote:@Auro i'm not finding it productive, honestly, to get in a back in forth with hutmeil here,
@Auro: And now he's slipped, he'd rather not exchange words with me again.
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:56 am

Post by obscure »

In post 57, Auro wrote:Hmmm, suddenly confused over Thread 2 again, I don't think Not_Mafia!scum is as obvious as it seems based off his recent posts.

I feel like this game could simply be a single thread and nothing really changes except for easier engagement.

Agree with Gamma on Malakitten's post appearing fake. I'm rethinking on Nona versus Bellaphant again for one of Nona's posts that I'll discuss later.

Obscure, if the solve is the seemingly obvious {Nona, YourHighness, Obscure} don't think scum would be panicking a little more in their threads?

Yume, do you have any thoughts on anything at all? You've been absent. If you're town I'd hate to make the wrong guess because of lack of content from you, as one of my thoughts coming into the game was that scum would probably not bother putting in any effort.
i feel like they simply.. do not care enough to panic. like, if the others in the yourhighness thread are mafia especially, they clearly don't care about the game very much.

i will admit i'm not as certain between nonna/bella, but it was my best guess.
In post 64, hutmeil wrote:
In post 56, obscure wrote:@Auro i'm not finding it productive, honestly, to get in a back in forth with hutmeil here,
@Auro: And now he's slipped, he'd rather not exchange words with me again.
"slipped," TF? that doesn't even make sense. that's me finding that roundabout back-and-forths with someone i know is mafia aren't productive.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:39 pm

Post by hutmeil »

Here's a question for @hutmeil and @obscure:

Who is town: Bella or Nona?
Nona: I really like Nona except for the fact that she's leaning more on Obscure being town. She's been solving, giving her thoughts on the other 2 threads and makes logical statements.

Bella: Really similar to Nona. The slot has been giving their views on the other slots and hasn't said anything that rings any scum bells.

I'm having a hard time choosing between the 2 so I can definitely feel your pain here FG!

But they both butchered my name so I'm gonna go with Mala :lol: .
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:40 pm

Post by hutmeil »

In post 65, obscure wrote:"slipped," TF? that doesn't even make sense. that's me finding that roundabout back-and-forths with someone i know is mafia aren't productive.
I suggest you backread to get context.
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:52 am

Post by obscure »

i still think it's Nona/YourHighness
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:36 pm

Post by Auro »

I'm ready to lock in obscure.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:39 pm

Post by Auro »

@furtiveglance: Lock in Nona? Let's do it - yolo
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:15 pm

Post by obscure »

I'm worried Bella's reaction to that lock seemed a bit townie :/
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:16 pm

Post by obscure »

Well regardless if you're picking me and gamma YN town should win cuz they just don't vote Bella final round
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:35 am

Post by Auro »

VOTE: Obscure
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum