LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:25 am

Post by LaserGuy »

@mod: Are both halves of the hydra confirmed? Or can we lynch the Korina half and leave the other one?

@mod: Is the hydra only innocent child for Day 1? Can she be recruited by the cult after that?

-- I'm going to treat these as serious.
Yes, both halves of the hydra are confirmed. A hydra encompasses one player slot.
This game is confirmed as not being bastard and thus having no alignment-changing roles. I should think that was obvious.
Last edited by TheGoldenParadox on Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:38 am

Post by LaserGuy »

I think if you read again you'll find that neither of those questions were serious. Or I just fail at troll posting. Take your pick.

-- Both.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:21 am

Post by LaserGuy »

VOTE: Kop

I like their pregame the least.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:10 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 104, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:HOLD YOUR HORSES!

Let's first make a strategic move. I think the best move for town now is for the masons to claim if there are any.

Note that
only the masons should claim
and not any other roles.
Can you pretend I'm an idiot and explain the logic here?
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:07 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 79, Gamma Emerald wrote:Hi I finally get to play with you again
Good to see you :)
In post 110, Generic Hydra wrote: IC can only be in play if there’s 1 or 3 M’s rolled. If it’s 1, we have no masons, if it’s 3 we have two masons + us.
-Kor
I know that. I want to know the logic for why Dredd thinks this is a good idea.

Please don't answer questions directed at other players. We already know your alignment so it doesn't give us any information for you to do this.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:14 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 134, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:Cutting the road on scum to fake masons later on + gaming the setup for the exact formation of the scum.
Why do you think that the value of doing this so obviously outweighs the cost of outing two Town PRs on D1?
In post 135, Generic Hydra wrote:I'd also like us to discuss this quote in general:
In post 127, Ok Nyeo wrote:
In post 126, Generic Hydra wrote:Tbh, I have suspicion on you for RVSing us.
-Kor (to both)
Yeah I realized it will be useless anyways since you are getting the nightkill.
Is it just me, or does this entire quote seem scummy?

-Kor
I am not certain what to make of Oh Nyea yet. I think I will have a better idea once she answers your question about her mafia experience.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:09 am

Post by LaserGuy »

@Gamma,
Do you have any reads at this point? I need somebody else with actual content to talk to :P

-- Why don't you talk to me?
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:23 am

Post by LaserGuy »

I don't think it was a scumslip, no. Her play is very erratic and I don't have a good feel for her yet.

Speaking of which:
Ok Nyeo wrote:
In post 70, pinturicchio wrote:VOTE: Fredrick A Campbell for having alt activation problems
Hmm...

VOTE: pinturicchio

I am going to a secret spy mission so see you later, everyone!
Why did you change your vote to pinturicchio?
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:59 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 182, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 181, Myloninja13 wrote:Hey, sorry, homework and going out got in the way.

Generic Hydra lol. This is going to be fun.

For now I'll VOTE: Judge Joseph Dredd because I'm not sure how a masons claim would help town in really any way aside from eliminating a few smaller options in the set-up.
VOTE: myloninja
this is scum taking the high road
I agree with this.

VOTE: myloninja
Generic Hydra wrote:
In post 155, Generic Hydra wrote: Where's the town motivation in lynching a confirmed town member?
I'll save you the effort, there is none.
Me and n33dl3 both whole-heartedly agreed that is most certainly a scumslip. You said you had 10-ish games, therefore, it's not a noobslip, it's you scumslipped.
Bolded is the reference of what "it" was.
@Laser, this post isn’t enough?
Honestly, I think there's a decent case for policy lynching you, confirmed or not. This game has only been going on for barely 24 hours and I'm already seriously tempted to replace out.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:40 am

Post by LaserGuy »

Mostly prod-dodge. Weekends are usually bad for me.

Korina's troll reaction test is funny.
Vote Nyeo

This is looking pretty good right now.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:40 am

Post by LaserGuy »

VOTE: Nyeo

Fixing tags
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #11) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:04 am

Post by LaserGuy »

Okay, quick thoughts:

Gamma, Hoopla, pinturcchio all looking pretty good.

I think JDD's mason claim strategy is probably coming from Town. The reasoning checks out, and even if I don't agree that it's a strategy that's worth pursuing, bad strategy suggestions are usually the province of Town.

Kop wagon makes sense to me. I get a bad vibe from him.

Ok Nyeo's content is so weird I don't know what to do with a lot of it. A lot of it feels so unself-conscious that I have a hard time believing it could come from scum, e.g. , , , . Some definitely scummy stuff... Voting patterns are all over the place. String of naked votes, including a self-vote. Is deliberately being evasive. Yeah, I don't even know what to do with this slot. If this setup allowed for a jester, I'd say jester.

Sesq's posting style is consistent with the last game I played with her where she was Town. IIRC she's pretty abraisive as either alignment, so I don't think that I can read much into her tone at the moment.
In post 294, Sesq wrote:nyeo's town
Can you explain where you're getting this from?

Nobody else really standing out one way or the other to me.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:17 am

Post by LaserGuy »

L-1
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:40 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 324, Gamma Emerald wrote:Doesn't SK have option of one shot bulletproof
Pregame choice of godfather or one-shot bulletproof.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:07 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 334, Hoopla wrote:So, who wants to have a chat about this claim with me? I feel like my opinions about these sort of situations are controversial.

For the most part, towns are pretty ruthless when it comes to following through on lynching D1 VT claims. The problem is, most scum are aware of this idiosyncrasy and tend to favour claiming PR's, which creates the ugly D1 metagame of having PR-claims being disproportionately scum-heavy and VT-claims disproportionately town-heavy. Ultimately, if you want to have the best chance of lynching scum D1, you generally need to take a risk in lynching a PR. Most towns are adverse to this concept, and tend to play it safe and lynch the VT and keep the PR pool hidden -- this is a valid strategy as PR's can win you the game, but you're
almost always
lynching town D1 because of it.

When I used to keep track of Mini Normal stats, I used to record things like VT claims on D1 to check how often town/scum claimed that role respectively. IIRC, scum claimed VT 5 times compared to about ~50 truthful VT claims. In analysing the handful of times that scum claimed VT, it was generally done by newbish scum who didn't really seem to get site meta of claiming a PR to try and survive deeper into the game. Granted, I haven't updated any of these stats for more than 18 months, but I doubt the metagame has shifted significantly.

This is where I'll get Gamma to weigh in. Do you think Kop is a switched on enough player to realise that claiming VT as scum in this situation is suboptimal? Would you expect a PR claim from him in this spot as scum?

Also, unvoting while I do my some research.

UNVOTE:
I think there is definitely some validity to this reasoning. We had a similar discussion over at my homesite in a recent game (not the same setup, but a roughly comparable situation), and reached a similar conclusion... I think in a semi-open PR-heavy setup like this one, scum does have very little to lose by claiming PR this early in the game. We might end up lynching the scum!PR tomorrow, but it's still better than today if it ends up with a mislynch somewhere down the line, and depending on the claim, they could live even longer. I haven't played enough relevant games on this site to have a good sense of the site meta as far as this sort of claiming is concerned though.

Noting that it isn't safe to apply this reasoning to any future VT claims this game since if claiming VT will mean that scum will avoid the lynch, then claiming VT is now optimal for this game.

Also, Hoopla is Town.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:12 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 354, Ok Nyeo wrote:
In post 339, LaserGuy wrote:Also, Hoopla is Town.
Can you explain your TR on hoopla?
hoopla's tone is extremely townie. This specific discussion regarding the VT claim I also feel is very unlikely to come from scum. Scum has little to gain by attempting to push the lynch off of a true VT. OTOH, there is very little to be gained from scum!hoopla trying to save a buddy at L-1 in this manner. If the lynch goes through anyway or if Kop flips scum later, then he'll be under a lot of suspicion.

UNVOTE: Kop
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:13 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 267, UglyDuck wrote:
In post 237, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:That moment when you open the activity overview to do some ISOs and you see that the mod has the 2nd highest post count.

OK, why is there a wagon on Gamma? I think he's town

The two people voting me are both scummy, but not because they're voting me. It's because neither has done anything else other than voting me.

I have good feelings about Laser Guy, UnaBombaH & Kop.

@Una: you didn't start the wagon on Gamma. Hoopla did, then you then Sesq

VOTE: Myloninja13

Again, not because he's voting me but because he did nothing else and also because 3 of the 4 I TR aside from the IC are voting there
If I wasn't already voting you, I would because of this post.
What's wrong with this post? Why are you voting for JDD?
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:19 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 354, Ok Nyeo wrote:I would vote for Kop, but their wagon gained votes too easily. I doubt they are mafia right now.
Why aren't you answering the questions directed at you? E.g. .
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:24 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 343, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:I'm of 2 minds
I think lynching the VT claim is the safe choice as we don't want to out the PRs
But since my call for the Masons to claim was met by general objection I can see this one too to be viewed as advocating a mislynch on purpose

fwiw I buy the claim from Kop and I think if lynched he will flip a villager just like he said, but I don't know if lynching him is good or bad so I'm staying put
What do you mean by the last line here? If you think he's going to flip Town, what value do you think there is in lynching him?
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:28 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 364, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 358, LaserGuy wrote:
In post 354, Ok Nyeo wrote:
In post 339, LaserGuy wrote:Also, Hoopla is Town.
Can you explain your TR on hoopla?
hoopla's tone is extremely townie. This specific discussion regarding the VT claim I also feel is very unlikely to come from scum. Scum has little to gain by attempting to push the lynch off of a true VT. OTOH, there is very little to be gained from scum!hoopla trying to save a buddy at L-1 in this manner. If the lynch goes through anyway or if Kop flips scum later, then he'll be under a lot of suspicion.

UNVOTE: Kop
I think hoopla is town regardless of Kop alignment
Not a fan of you switching tune on how you're reading him
Kop or hoopla? I had hoopla in my "looking pretty good" pile earlier (roughly Town lean).
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:13 am

Post by LaserGuy »

Intent to hammer

Claim please.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (isolation #21) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:29 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

Busy night. Please don't quicklynch before the end of the weekend since I'll probably barely have a chance to post otherwise.

@JJD: Why did you pick Campbell as your target? Also, any chance you crumbed your role or target?

My inclination is to believe JDD's claim at this point. His D1 play is very consistent with being a cop. The hammer was bad, but bad hammers D1 are usually from townies. Scum!JDD had no reason to hammer in that situation.

Trusting this for now.
VOTE: Fredrick
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:48 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 479, Hoopla wrote:
LaserGuy
- I've got a town vibe from some of his posts like 320 -- covers a lot of topics and reads in a pretty lucid manner and is clearly thinking about the game. But I'm also suspicious that he talks about Sesq earlier on D1 like this and then later in the day claims intent to hammer without reason:
In post 320, LaserGuy wrote: Sesq's posting style is consistent with the last game I played with her where she was Town. IIRC she's pretty abraisive as either alignment, so I don't think that I can read much into her tone at the moment.
In post 391, LaserGuy wrote:
Intent to hammer

Claim please.
If you believe her play was consistent with her town game (or at best neutral), what was your reasoning to intend to hammer?
I had her as null up till , which I didn't care for. I liked most of the people on the wagon (I don't care for Ok Nyeo, but wasn't scumreading anyone else on there) so I was mostly trusting my townreads.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:06 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 560, Ok Nyeo wrote:I did not know the optimal play for a cop. Lynching fred then lynching JJD if fred flips town made more sense after that. But after JJD explained his reasons, I thought about it and came as very townie motivated reasons.

Una, what do you think about mylo? And are you good at scum?
You've never seen a cop get a guilty result or had to evaluate a claim before? You said you had played 10+ games on another site. How has this never come up for you?
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (isolation #24) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:29 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 564, Ok Nyeo wrote:Una, if Fred flips scum would you be OK with lynching Mylo tomorrow?
What's your read on Mylo? Why do you think he's scum?
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 582, LaserGuy wrote:You've never seen a cop get a guilty result or had to evaluate a claim before? You said you had played 10+ games on another site. How has this never come up for you?
Ok Nyeo wrote:
In post 583, LaserGuy wrote:
In post 564, Ok Nyeo wrote:Una, if Fred flips scum would you be OK with lynching Mylo tomorrow?
His only vote seems opportunistic, he has been lurking and PoE.

@Fred
if JJD is lying and is scum, then who is their partner?
Why did you answer the second question and not the first? I have to assume you are deliberately refusing to acknowledge questions about your previous experience at this point.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (isolation #26) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:23 am

Post by LaserGuy »

*Sigh*

This is such a troll game.

Off the top of my head, my reads are something like:
Town
Hoopla
Unabomber
Kop
Myloninja
Ok Nyeo
Ugly Duck
Scum
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (isolation #27) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:20 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 579, UglyDuck wrote:
In post 519, Ok Nyeo wrote:
In post 512, UglyDuck wrote:Town!Fred - We go to night, Skum kills JDD
Why would scum kill JDD when he was wrong? Would not fred being town make JDD a scum?

Fred is probably trying not to give information. L-2 would be always safer just in case.

Sorry, good catch. it should read that if JDD is wrong we lynch him the next day. Again - late on a plane write up :P
I think there's a good chance this is a scumslip.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (isolation #28) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:29 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 487, Kop wrote:Suspicious of JJD, Mylo, Una, Fred.
Why are you scumreading Una here?
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (isolation #29) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:32 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 505, Myloninja13 wrote:Not sure why Kop is suspicious of both JJD and Fred, did he think he was lying but still killing a scum member?
Also @Kop, why did you never answer this?
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (isolation #30) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:51 am

Post by LaserGuy »

I'm VT.

I'll go with Una.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (isolation #31) » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:13 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 587, Kop wrote:
In post 584, Ok Nyeo wrote:
In post 583, LaserGuy wrote:
His only vote seems opportunistic, he has been lurking and PoE.

@Fred
if JJD is lying and is scum, then who is their partner?
I don't know if it's my brain not functioning as well as it should be, but that is a bit of a odd question to ask, I don't know whether it's down to how it's worded, or just in general, odd.
I find it very interesting that this pinged you. In retrospect, I see exactly why you might have found the wording "odd" (JDD was lying but not scum), but that you felt this phrasing was unusual in D2 is quite remarkable. Not necessarily in a good way.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (isolation #32) » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:50 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 683, Ok Nyeo wrote:
@laser
your Una read and
@una
your laser read, please.
Post-reread, I think Una and Kop are probably both mafia. Unsure about the third... was thinking it was Duck before the claim.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (isolation #33) » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:58 am

Post by LaserGuy »

Una claimed VT in 674
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (isolation #34) » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:07 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 675, Hoopla wrote:we can now potentially work out the game from a PoE perspective.
This is an odd oversight on your part. If we are in a TT setup, then that guarantees that there is a mafia godfather. We need to be very careful trusting any innocent results even if we believe Duck's claim.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (isolation #35) » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:15 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 694, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 684, LaserGuy wrote:Post-reread, I think Una and Kop are probably both mafia.
Interested in hearing what landed you here! :]

What interests me even further though, is your implementation of UglyDuck into this.

1. Why do you think me/Kop/UglyDuck would work as a team?
PoE and some associatives. Nyeo's play doesn't make sense as mafia, but I couldn't put her as Town until everyone had claimed since I thought she had a good chance of being SK (who either had bad luck with blocks/crosskills or just decided not to shoot). With SK largely ruled out, Nyeo is probably Town. Mylo is lynchbait. He's a useless lurker slot for sure, but I don't think he's even had a null read by anybody this whole game. Unless his buddies basically decided to throw him under the bus D1 and never interact with him or defend him in any way... I don't see it. I actually also agree with him that having three people immediately jump out of the gates and say that he should be the lynch today is extremely suspicious.

So that leaves you, Kop, hoopla and Duck. Hoopla has been a strong townread for me since D1, so I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. PoE leaves you Kop and Duck.

For associatives... you avoid the Kop wagon entirely, and immediately push off onto the Sesq wagon as soon as it looks Kop is in the clear. You do spend a lot of time providing a soft defense of him, though, and never follow through on any of the analysis of him that you say you're going to (e.g. ). Kop votes you in pregame RVS, you comment both before and after him in very short succession, but later in the game "just realized" he was there, and Kop has the same reaction to you :? This is weird.

Kop also makes blunder where he puts you inexplicably as a strong scumread when he hasn't interacted with you at all or expressed any reason, at any point, to think you're scum.

You're joined at the hip.
2. If you honestly thought he was a likely part of a scum-trio, why would him claiming PR in assumed LyLo mean anything?
I'd rather wait until after he claims his results to discuss this.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (isolation #36) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 734, UglyDuck wrote:I just want to make it clear - I have no problem revealing results. I simply want to be sure it is thought to be the best line of action before I do so, since once I do, I cannot undo it. And since I have claimed the only role I highly doubt I will get the chance to divulge any more info tomorrow on potential gains from this night. So this is kind of the end of my contribution today, I just want to make sure it is used to its fullest.
At this point it feels to me like everyone is just kind of waiting around to see what your results are, so if you aren't going to produce those, I think you need to give some alternative course of action that you'd like to pursue before that happens.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (isolation #37) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:08 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

@Duck: Can you explain your reasoning for being so reluctant to reveal your results? I was figuring you probably had only one innocent result which was why you weren't keen on revealing.

Regardless, I kind of feel that the best course of action today is to see if we can find a lynch from the remaining players and leave coinflipping on Duck/hoopla for later. One must be Town and the other scum, so we can maintain parity in lynches by leaving that situation alone for one day phase at least. We may be able to test Duck's claim through further flips as the game progresses.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (isolation #38) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

I would also like reads from both Duck/hoopla.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (isolation #39) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:42 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 754, Myloninja13 wrote:Actually, I agree with you Laser. We should leave Hoopla/Duck to test Duck's cop abilities. If we get mafia tonight, we'll see if he dies or not.

If he dies (and flips cop), Hoopla is conf!Mafia, as we hopefully didn't get two idiot power roles in this game.

If he doesn't die, he'll have another result, regardless if its real or fake, it'll add more information.
It's not only this. We can confirm both of them from the setup (as long as we manage to lynch correctly, of course). TT setup (Duck is cop) is Goon/Roleblocker/Godfather. TTTT setup (Duck is scum) is Goon/Goon/Roleblocker. If we lynch a Godfather, then hoopla is confirmed scum. If we lynch Goon/Goon or Goon/RB, then hoopla is confirmed Town and Duck is confirmed scum.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (isolation #40) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:46 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 757, Hoopla wrote:- Scum needs one townie to misvote to win. A cop claim can't be disproved from a setup spec angle.
All we need to do is convince one townie and we win without having to worry about surviving a day of analysis
....Um.... This phrasing is disturbing.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (isolation #41) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:55 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

@Mylo: Where are you at in terms of reads?
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (isolation #42) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:00 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

@hoopla: We don't need to lynch either of you until D6, and it's not beneficial for us to do so before then. If you're Town, stop worrying about it, start acting like Town and find the rest of scum.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (isolation #43) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:26 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 734, UglyDuck wrote:Furthermore - I am quite tired of the "claim immediately bit". These are 14 day game phases - it is not like we are pressed for time. Once I claim, I cannot unclaim. So I want to be sure it is the correct play to extent that I do it when it happens.
Let me be more specific then. Why did you think claiming at this point in time might not be the correct play?
In post 730, UglyDuck wrote:OK well clearly this isn't going to move forward until I claim up - so just to be clear - do we want a whole claim now or just like the relevant parts? Is there any value in hiding the details from skum?
What details of your claim did you think might be worth hiding?
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (isolation #44) » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:03 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 778, Ok Nyeo wrote:Hoopla has no push on someone (that's not what experienced town players do) only game theory (for town credit, she already painted most people's eyes with that) and voting sesq instead of kop. Reading the day 1 makes me sure of Hoopla and Kop are scum team.

I am considering to vote Hoopla soon.
If you think that hoopla and Kop are both scum, it would be better to vote for Kop. See my argument in #756.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (isolation #45) » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:16 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 799, UglyDuck wrote:Everyone's opinions are welcome - but the response I am looking for is from Laser, and no one should answer until they do. You were the one to promote the "not Ugly/Hoopla" lynch. Why? You said it works for Town, but no that is not accurate. It in fact statistically works out to the same thing, but while giving all the upper hand to the Skum. What was your exact reasoning behind promoting it?
I think you are missing the key point of the argument as to why we should not be lynching from you/hoopla today. By D6, assuming we lynch correctly, we are 100% guaranteed to have verified your result, one way or the other. There is absolutely no chance we can lynch wrong D6 if the choice is between you and hoopla. If we lynch from the two of you first, we need to lynch correctly three times in a row; if we follow my approach, we only need to lynch correctly twice in a row and the third one is free.

This is because the scum team has a different composition depending on whether you are in fact a cop or not. If you are, then scum is Goon/Roleblocker/Godfather. If you are not, then scum is Goon/Goon/Roleblocker. So if we lynch a Godfather, then we also know that you are cop, and hoopla is scum. If we lynch either Goon/Goon or Goon/RB, then we know that you must be lying and are scum. Your claim is verifiable pending future flips, so there's no benefit to testing it now.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (isolation #46) » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:12 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

I may be unduly prejudiced by the fact that he hasn't posted anything but a prod-dodge yet today, but right now I feel like Kop is probably our best chance of hitting scum.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (isolation #47) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

My pool is Kop/Una. Not keen on voting anyone else at the moment
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (isolation #48) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:08 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

I'm not super keen on letting Duck decide the lynch :?

I'd rather just run up Kop and see which of his buddies wants to bus for credit.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (isolation #49) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:19 am

Post by LaserGuy »

Pretty much everything in the last couple of pages has just been WIFOM, and I don't see that changing any time soon, so I'm just going to get in front of this and go with my instincts.

LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (isolation #50) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:06 am

Post by LaserGuy »

That is L-1.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (isolation #51) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:06 am

Post by LaserGuy »

Also, both of those votes are awful.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (isolation #52) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:30 am

Post by LaserGuy »

I was going to go through your ISO and quote all of the posts that show why that vote is such BS, but your motivations are so transparently scummy that I think this is better:

VOTE: Una

Ok Nyeo needs to unvote before Kop comes online.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (isolation #53) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:44 am

Post by LaserGuy »

Or maybe I'm mistaken... Interesting.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (isolation #54) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:45 am

Post by LaserGuy »

UNVOTE:
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (isolation #55) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:01 am

Post by LaserGuy »

Only person not accounted for is Mylo.

Teams we can lose to at this point are therefore Mylo/Duck/Una, Mylo/Nyeo/Una, or all scum wagon of Una/Duck/Nyeo. Or hoopla is scum and we move forward. Una is confscum in pretty much every possible arrangement at this point.

Fine, let's see how this turns out.

VOTE: hoopla
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (isolation #56) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:03 am

Post by LaserGuy »

Apologies if we just lost the game :?
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (isolation #57) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:09 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 877, Myloninja13 wrote:I'm here and not immediately lynching.

But are you telling me that two PR's decided to fake cop results in the same game?
Duck has no reason to pretend he was faking claiming if he were scum that just won. There aren't really any teams that can fit here that result in a loss that don't include either you or Duck. I think we're good.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (isolation #58) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 882, Myloninja13 wrote:I think Una is a safe bet for tomorrow lynch still, but is there any chance of the final scum not being Kop? I'm certainly not going to believe it's you LaserGuy.
I don't see any reason not to lynch Una tomorrow. Town!Duck is confirmed by scum!hoopla's flip, which means his result on scum!Una is also confirmed.

I think Kop pretty much has to be the last scum, yeah. I guess there's a few low probability cases where he might not be, but I think that those will probably resolve out through PoE. (I'm noting Duck's comments about me in #876, but there isn't really much point in discussing this until we see the flip).
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (isolation #59) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:02 am

Post by LaserGuy »

Anyone have anything to discuss before we lynch Una? Duck, do you want me to comment on some of your twilight posting?
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (isolation #60) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:14 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 906, UglyDuck wrote:
In post 905, LaserGuy wrote:Anyone have anything to discuss before we lynch Una? Duck, do you want me to comment on some of your twilight posting?

Do me a solid - before we jump into that - is there a downside for town in you explaining your vote series from yesterday [Kop -> Una -> Hammer Hoopla]? If you don't mind sharing, I would really like to hear about that first if you don't mind.
Sure, no problem.

So I was reading scum as Kop, Una, and one of Duck/hoopla (). For most of the day, I was leaning more toward you being mafia... that you were so opposed to letting yourself be confirmed at the end of the game was a huge scumpoint against you, since I figured that it was likely that you + buddy Una + absent Kop hadn't worked through the implications of a fake claim, and were blindsided by how it would work against you. Your point of view wasn't townie... you weren't trying to win the game for Town, you were just trying to secure the one lynch, and we wouldn't even get useful flip info out of it since Town!you would obviously just be NKed. post was also a huge red flag against you... Kop was my strongest scumread. There's basically no scumteam that I could put together that didn't include him, and the fact that the people I felt were most likely to be scum (you, hoopla, and Una) were basically ignoring a slot that, were it Town, would have been a very easy mislynch, pretty much sealed the deal there. Your complete refusal to even consider the slot led me to believe that Kop was probably the roleblocker, and scum!you was trying to avoid having to manufacture another result on D5, or explain why you weren't NKed.

So, at the time I wrote , it looked to me like mafia was probably you/Una/Kop, and if you guys couldn't get hoopla, you were going to bus Una, so I wanted Kop. The fact that Ok Nyeo and Una immediately went for hoopla after I voted for Kop made me think that scum was just going to try to make a play on Town!hoopla having secured the vote of Town!Nyeo. Una's vote was so transparently a scum play... it makes zero sense at all for Una to be voting hoopla in that situation (he was townreading hoopla; Ok Nyeo's hoopla vote was predicated on Una himself being mafia, etc)... so I switched to Una in the vain hope that we could swing the lynch before Kop came online.

When Kop didn't immediately hammer, that implied that either Kop was not mafia (doubtful), hoopla was mafia (likely), or mylo was mafia (very unlikely). So I hammered.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (isolation #61) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:31 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

I'm fine with lynching Kop.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (isolation #62) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:29 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 932, UglyDuck wrote: There will be nothing gained from this day - i am not saying vote right now but really what we can learn from has already been said. The only exceptions might be from the votes of today (if we lynch Una, bc if we lunch off of Una and are correct then we lynch Una tomorrow and win.

The LCD here is Kop. I will vote however the two of you decide. If you want me to vote first or last or whatever, idc. But i am voting within Una or Kop.

I have my own reasoning that i will post back when i get to my computer - but that is where skum is.
I don't think the vote order much matters at this point. I don't see any way that you can be mafia here with Town!Kop. You had the votes yesterDay to lynch him easily if you had wanted to. There's no reason that you would ever have needed to bus hoopla.

I'll think on this overnight to make sure I haven't missed something, but otherwise I'll vote Kop tomorrow morning.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (isolation #63) » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:01 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 936, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 934, LaserGuy wrote:I'll think on this overnight to make sure I haven't missed something, but otherwise I'll vote Kop tomorrow morning.
Like, I'm starting to feel comfortable with you being scum based on how Ugly works, but please try to explain why voting Kop is ever the right play here?
You either vote me today, or you vote Ugly.
We are the ones with a contradicting 1v1.
It's exactly the same situation as D4. You and Ugly are linked claims. One of you is guaranteed Town and the other is guaranteed scum. By lynching the third scum, we can confirm with 100% certainty which player is which through the same mechanic (GF!Kop -> Town!Duck, Goon!Kop -> Town!Una). I don't think this is strictly necessary at this point since I don't really see any way around you/Kop as remaining scum, but it's the optimal play regardless.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (isolation #64) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:11 am

Post by LaserGuy »

I don't see any way that he can flip Town at this point.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (isolation #65) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:41 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

VOTE: Una

That has been one of the strangest games I've ever played.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (isolation #66) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:06 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

I'm actually really looking forward to reading the dead thread on this one :P
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (isolation #67) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:07 am

Post by LaserGuy »

Thanks TGP for hosting. This was a fun, if unusual, game, and I am glad that you didn't ultimately reroll.

A few quick shout outs:
@Gamma: Wish I'd got more chance to play with you. D1 was kind of a gong show and then D2/D3 happened and you were dead :( Oh well, I'll look for you in another game sometime down the line :)
@Mylo: You really stepped up D4 and played very strong. It really helped having somebody that I could be confident that I could trust in LYLO and help validate my reads.
@Nyeo: You had some really impressive reads D4 especially... Apparently your super-secret spy training paid off :P
@Duck: That was a hell of a gambit you pulled. Thinking about all of the ways that it could have gone wrong (I was seriously stressed out waiting for hoopla's flip... he had been GF that would have been a disaster, though this wasn't super likely as I feel scum would have pushed you more if they knew the guilty was fake), I'm amazed how well it worked out. You definitely deserve a huge share of the credit for the win on this one.
@JDD: I get why you did what you did, even if I don't necessarily agree it was the right play at the time. If nothing else, I think scum was probably so eager to lynch you D2/D3 that they didn't really consider how it associated them and left them vulnerable.
@hoopla: You have a very impressive scum game. I don't know if we ever would have caught you had it not been for Duck's claim.
@Una: I don't really agree with your premises at all. We didn't post a lot of cases D4/D5, sure, but at least I had a very solid bead on you/Kop since early D4. I think probably more importantly, of me/Duck/Nyeo/Mylo, each of the four of us was reading at least two of the remaining three as Town, so the pool of potential mislynches was very, very small. D5 Duck was basically confirmed Town because there was no way that scum!Duck was bussing hoopla in that situation rather than allowing the lynch of Town!you or Town!Kop to happen. The same problem is true of pretty much any potential buddies that don't include scum!Kop. I think you're mistaking laziness for confidence here... as soon as hoopla was lynched the game was over.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (isolation #68) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:34 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 1014, UnaBombaH wrote:With the theoretical scumteam of Ugly-Kop-Hoopla, it would've been the absolutely correct move to claim a guilty on a buddy who had suddenly come under a lot of suspicion (along with Kop, making it 2/3 of his team).
But the correct play to counter this would have been to do exactly what we did... lynch hoopla and Kop, and scum!Duck's claim can be verified in 3p LYLO.

Anyway, hoopla also wasn't under that much suspicion prior to Duck's claim. The only person who had said they thought she was mafia was Ok Nyeo.

Return to “Completed Open Games”