Townie
Townie
Location: The Planet Transsexual, in the Galaxy of Transylvania

Post Post #151 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:01 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Well that was a fast readthrough

Early reads

Thor is town
A50's push on the obviously fake vig claim is so bad it almost has to come from a mime.
Sesq hasn't done anything yet except claim her vote on lane was real in without reasoning
I like GL's catchup posts
Lady Angel isn't a mime
A lot of other null reads from there.

VOTE: Sesq

Not really interested in either of the other "wagons" right now.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:23 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Wait I thought fink/innocent were buddies?
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:47 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

IV, it looks like I agree with you on some iteration of scum Almost, but I'm much more sold on mime at this point. Could I interest you in a fancy sesq wagon to generate some content from that slot?
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

You're right, I could be just overconfident with the read. But the cases that he's pushing are mediocre at best... the fake reaction to the vig "claim", saying he's not going to move his vote on you because he didn't like the way you entered the thread on page 6, the way he tries to emphasize how bad his jester game is in feels like he's distancing himself from the role... don't get me wrong, I want the slot dead as well, but I'd much rather a vig shot at this point.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (isolation #5) » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:53 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Thor, I'm a bit confused. You've been pushing lane pretty hard recently, but your vote is still on DT*, and there isn't a whole lot save for a few passing comments about in your ISO to explain that read.

*Who by the way is apparently V/LA until deadline? Come on...
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:03 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Sorry if I was unclear - I was actually looking for you to explain your DT read in more detail. You've kept your vote on him since page 2 but aside from I hadn't seen much in your ISO to explain the read, and you've been much more focused on lane in your last few posts, which is where my inquiry initially came from. That being said, you ended up clarifying at the end of that post anyways, so thanks for reading my mind :lol:

On that note though, I do disagree that you haven't been pushing Lane. was a response to Lion's townread, but you make comments like "I am honestly left with no idea why anyone would see Lane as town." in and "But then I don't think you're likely to convince me you're scumhunting anytime soon either, so... :lol: " in , and you even just referred to it as your case on him in . It read as more aggressive than you're indicating, but that may just be a play style difference?

To answer your other question:
In post 177, Thor665 wrote:Also, would you vote either Lane or DT over Sesq? I would happily argue that the extent of the case on Sesq could be applied to either of them by simply changing the names, and then I've presented other aspects against both of them in addition to the Sesq case - so wouldn't that make my push on both of them superior to the Sesq one?
I agree that Lane/DT/Sesq are all pretty interchangeable for me right now. Sesq gets more scumpoints for this imo:
In post 90, Sesq wrote:not changing my vote [on lane] because its real this time
In post 166, Sesq wrote:no idea why i kept my vote on lane. this is why i should keep a notes document. dont really see any reason to move it though and no other scum

I don't know how much I see town with this level of apathy towards the game - this is about as empty of a vote as possible.

I'm a little conflicted about a DT wagon at the moment considering he's V/LA for the rest of the day phase according to the Activity Overview page. This bugs me for a few reasons. If he's town, then he's an inactive and scummy looking townie at best, meaning that if he survives the day he would be an easy mislynch wagon to push Day 2. Buuuuuut I also don't want to give him a free pass just because he's not around. At the very least, there are other people around here that would actually be able to respond to pressure votes and I think that would be a much better use of our time considering the slower gamestate right now.

I wouldn't be opposed to a lane vote - looking through his past games he usually seems much more involved and gamesolve-y than I'm seeing at the moment and I am getting some slight buddying vibes from . Buuuuuut I see even less content out of sesq right now, so I'd rather stick here until she gives me a reason to switch.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:51 am

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 181, Thor665 wrote:
In post 179, RockyHorror wrote:Sesq gets more scumpoints for this imo:
In post 90, Sesq wrote:not changing my vote [on lane] because its real this time
In post 166, Sesq wrote:no idea why i kept my vote on lane. this is why i should keep a notes document. dont really see any reason to move it though and no other scum

I don't know how much I see town with this level of apathy towards the game - this is about as empty of a vote as possible.
How do you compare that from Sesq with, for example the nearly identical behavior of Lane who voted me for reasons he can't describe, attacked me for reasons he couldn't support, went back to the non-describable reasons, then hard moved to Sesq in support of your basically unexplained case there?
Are you seriously considering that not even similar to your expressed Sesq issue here?
I don't know where you're getting that from. I specifically said that I was okay with a lane vote because of his lack of activity, and even mentioned that I saw him potentially buddying me with his sesq vote. I just think my vote is better positioned as is at the moment.

Do you have an issue with my vote being on sesq instead of lane right now?
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

I'll never forget you Almost <3
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

I mean, I still think you're scum that should be shot, but I promise I'll remember you if we're ever in a game together.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (isolation #10) » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 151, RockyHorror wrote:A50's push on the obviously fake vig claim is so bad it almost has to come from a mime.
In post 167, RockyHorror wrote:IV, it looks like I agree with you on some iteration of scum Almost, but I'm much more sold on mime at this point. Could I interest you in a fancy sesq wagon to generate some content from that slot?
In post 171, RockyHorror wrote:You're right, I could be just overconfident with the read. But the cases that he's pushing are mediocre at best... the fake reaction to the vig "claim", saying he's not going to move his vote on you because he didn't like the way you entered the thread on page 6, the way he tries to emphasize how bad his jester game is in feels like he's distancing himself from the role... don't get me wrong, I want the slot dead as well, but I'd much rather a vig shot at this point.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

Seriously have you been reading any of my posts at all?
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

I thought we were closer than that.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (isolation #13) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:25 am

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 202, Almost50 wrote:Well, you said "scum" this time and ,ost players (including yourself in #167) use that to describe MAFIA and not 3P (Mimes are basically Jesters as you yourself had pointed out), so I had to ask.
Eh, fair point I guess. I was referring to scum in the general sense, just to be clear.
In post 204, Thor665 wrote:I'll note that I just got dinged by Rocky for not describing a case when literally no one had asked me to yet.
I never said that I dinged you. I've been townreading you from the beginning, as I said. My question was originally only meant to dialogue a bit and see why you were still voting DT when it appeared your read on lane was stronger, and it appears that the conversation has spiraled a bit from there so I'm going to try to clear this all up for you.
In post 204, Thor665 wrote:I was being fairly clear I thought - I quoted you describing your primary Sesq suspicion and made a direct compare/contrast of it to Lane's play and asked why one was a primary suspect and the other was kind of a "meh" read by your own words.
It's great that you suspect him, I think you *should* suspect him. What I want to know is why I can't get your vote on him when the case is basically identical to your other case - and the extent of your answer is "my current vote is better positioned" which is nonsense because the best you've argued for that is "pressure to get content" and, frankly, Lane could do with that just as much as Sesq could, so again - what's the point in not moving if asked?
Well, you haven't asked yet. You asked if I would vote lane or DT over sesq, and I said that I would. I then followed up by clarifying why I'm currently voting for sesq, but that didn't mean I was unwilling to vote for lane. All it meant was that at the time of that post I had a stronger read on sesq.
In post 204, Thor665 wrote:
In post 183, RockyHorror wrote:Do you have an issue with my vote being on sesq instead of lane right now?
Clearly I do, I've expressed a case on Lane, have called Lane one of my prime scumreads, and have suggested that the case on Sesq could be applied to Lane (or DT) whole hog.
Do you have an issue that locks you to Sesq so hard that can actually be described?
Again, nothing is "locking me" to sesq. I had her above lane in my scumreads because she had a total of 6 game posts at the time of this post.

Spoiler: every sesq post prior to my 183
In post 8, Sesq wrote:VOTE: lane0168

this is not about omgus. this is about principles
In post 90, Sesq wrote:
In post 17, DoubtingThomas wrote:you don't like good music??
the only good music is techno, which does not feature lyrics. Cornered

big brain: we need to start wagons in rvs to push the game along
small brain: its rvs its supposed to be random

>sesq is good scumm

aww thanks :) bad thing im not good town

wrt doubting thomas: just because someone makes a joke post does not mean they want to be lynched. maybe they just want to post music lyrics. nobody is that stupidly obvious with their moves... right? i dont know.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, my Bets are on Thaey are just shit Posting

in general there's a problem where people assume people are so much more stupider than they are. nobody is that stupid .... except for me ;P

idk maybe its just me.... i dont think people are inherently logical! maybe im projecting too much again...(×_×)

dt isnt scum. hes just not thinking very hard

not changing my vote because its real this time
In post 94, Sesq wrote:because there is a wide gap between not thinking and being actively scummy

then again;;;;

i have a problem where i just assume everyone is town. and i never feel my votes
In post 129, Sesq wrote:
In post 120, DoubtingThomas wrote:Don't see any questions/comment people have on my new sets of posts that I made after the first 3 meaningless song lyrics
really
In post 166, Sesq wrote:
In post 146, Almost50 wrote:
In post 139, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 138, Almost50 wrote:Good.
Now tell us what you think and ask some questions please
. If the game doesn't get going I'm going to be totally withdrawn :(
i don't like this attitude but the fact that you're vocalizing it makes it less suspicious so im torn on that
Also, you missed the bolded and highlighted, so revisit the subject if you will. How about a read list?
"do a thing"
"i dont want to do that thing"
"why didnt you do the thing???????"

mime

no idea why i kept my vote on lane. this is why i should keep a notes document. dont really see any reason to move it though and no other scum
In post 172, Sesq wrote:
In post 168, innocentvillager wrote:@Sesq @Rocky

why is almost mime not goon

IOW tell me why is goon!A50 significantly less plausible than mime!A50

like i don't think i can believe tells confidently distinguishing between mime and goon. I honestly think those reads are either delusional, heavily exaggerated or scum but I haven't much experience with third party games so prove me wrong i guess?
the sophistry feels intentional instead of unintentional derived from a knowingly faulty premise

it doesnt feel like theres necessarily any presupposition behind it as much as it is just a really dumb thing someone would do to look "scummy" but also is not overblown enough that people would know it was mime
Can you really blame me for wanting to keep a vote on this slot? Lane had at least given the illusion of engaging with the game and trying. Given that sesq specifically said wagons force her to generate content, I can't say that I'm unhappy with the decision.

Look... FMPOV this is a tvt back and forth, Thor. Unless you're townreading sesq (at which point I would really need to know why), there shouldn't be an issue with me pressuring her. We still have over 4 days to deadline - I should be on and fairly active for at least 3 of those days. *Just to clarify again - I don't disagree with your lane read and I'm not against his vote/lynch, but Sesq is a top wagon right now, and I'm okay keeping my vote here.*
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:25 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Do you have any reads that can be backed by reasoning?
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:38 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Almost, you realize that what you're accusing me of neglecting (what if someone
wants
to look scummy) is the reason why I haven't expressed a willingness/desire to vote for you?
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (isolation #16) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:14 am

Post by RockyHorror »

@Mod, can I please request a prod on Lady Angel and Guilty Lion?

I'll take a look at those links today or tomorrow, Almost.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #229 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:51 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Sesq is at L-2. Given the existence of mimes in the setup should we be careful about putting someone at L-1 that could potentially self hammer and end day early?*

*I'm still perfectly fine with the sesq wagon (obviously), I think this is something we should just talk about as a group to reach a consensus.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:58 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Unreal Seal has made 2 posts, we're waiting on Lady Angel's replacement, DT hasn't posted since Wednesday - with so much still up in the air and so many contentless slots what's the benefit of ending the day early? We still have 3 days.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #234 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:03 am

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 232, Almost50 wrote:Btw, how come your join date was on 2010 yet your first post was the one to join this game? (Just feeling bored and looking for a chat on just about anything really, since this is the one and only game I am playing right now) *Sigh*
I was actually wondering if anyone would mention that lol. I'm an alt for a player that probably doesn't really need an alt but wants to test some playstyle stuff.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (isolation #20) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:12 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 233, Eragon wrote:It’s weird.

The sesq wagon shot up very quickly, which is weird, but I like pretty much everyone that’s on the wagon
lane included?
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (isolation #21) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:18 am

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 244, Thor665 wrote:Lady Angel needs replace and Unreal Seal owe everyone an apology (and, frankly, needs a replace).
Rocky needs to learn what using all the time means.
Lady A is currently up for replacement with DT right now. I agree something should be done about Unreal. No idea why it's taking so long to get replacements for a 9 page game.

@Mod, can you please prod Unreal Seal?

Since you're obviously trying to be king of this town though, please educate me about time management in Mafia.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (isolation #22) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:56 am

Post by RockyHorror »

3 players are either up for replacement or about to be and there are 3 others that were MIA over the weekend. Obviously town hasn't used its time well.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (isolation #23) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:06 am

Post by RockyHorror »

I really don't want to lol lynch a slot that has 0 AI content like Lady/Unreal, and the DT slot is being replaced. I'm still okay with my sesq vote.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:24 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Awesome. I'll probably be phone posting most of today but can get back on a computer tonight or tomorrow.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (isolation #25) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:35 am

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 254, Thor665 wrote:
In post 251, RockyHorror wrote:I really don't want to lol lynch a slot that has 0 AI content like Lady/Unreal, and the DT slot is being replaced. I'm still okay with my sesq vote.
Why not?
I would lay dollars to doughnuts that at least two scum are in the bottom third least active posters.
That's a fair assessment to make for lurkers, sure. But I disagree that we can in any way sort those slots based on their combined 4 posts. In my opinion there are actually scummy slots in the game that deserve more attention.

Sesq's GL case looks like deflection right now, but neither slot looks great considering they're both basically saying "Well I just haven't tried until now".

More people need to be trying. There are 9 town roles in this game and we have about 5 people posting with any sort of regularity.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (isolation #26) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:15 am

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 266, RockyHorror wrote:Sesq's GL case looks like deflection right now, but neither slot looks great considering they're both basically saying "Well I just haven't tried until now".
I responded to your case, just not how you wanted.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (isolation #27) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:49 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Really? Don't see much from Fink, who has spent most of the game doing setup spec and has kept his vote on a slot that has been out of the game for almost a week based on a first page mime claim. Lane has been completely MIA since the sesq wagon started up (RL circumstances withstanding, but even then his content wasn't great while he was here). And then there's you as well.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #289 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:45 am

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 287, Almost50 wrote:OK, I have yet another "one of those bright ideas" (seems I never run out of them). How about we NO LYNCH? We go into the night with a Vig and a Mafia factional kill and both sides should be shooting for the Mimes. Once a Mime has been shot the other is removed too and it becomes a normal game of Mafia.

The downside is if Mafia decide to hunt for TPRs instead, but that can be dealt with by assigning the kills, and if Mafia do not shoot the proposed target then I'd be alright siding by the Mimes over them (it's like "I came to you first and you refused to cooperate, so it was your choice").

OK, maybe that won't appeal to many of you, but it's a thought that crossed my mind and I had to voice it out just in case.
NGL I absolutely hated this idea when I first read this post.

viewtopic.php?p=3362184#p3362184

This was the last time this setup was run according to the Wiki, this is where they started the NL discussion. The only time town won, they no-lynched the first day to give the mimes a better chance of dying N1. With both of them alive, only one of them needs to be hit by one of the vig/mafia kills for the entire team to be taken from the game. From there they were able to have the vig claim (no fear of being roleblocked with mimes gone) and watcher target them to give town a clear.

I'm willing to entertain the idea at least.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

A REPLACEMENT THANK YOU JESUS.

Only 2 more to go now...
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #315 (isolation #30) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:55 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Hey Nero, do you actually scumread Eragon right now?
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (isolation #31) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:21 am

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 289, RockyHorror wrote:
In post 287, Almost50 wrote:OK, I have yet another "one of those bright ideas" (seems I never run out of them). How about we NO LYNCH? We go into the night with a Vig and a Mafia factional kill and both sides should be shooting for the Mimes. Once a Mime has been shot the other is removed too and it becomes a normal game of Mafia.

The downside is if Mafia decide to hunt for TPRs instead, but that can be dealt with by assigning the kills, and if Mafia do not shoot the proposed target then I'd be alright siding by the Mimes over them (it's like "I came to you first and you refused to cooperate, so it was your choice").

OK, maybe that won't appeal to many of you, but it's a thought that crossed my mind and I had to voice it out just in case.
NGL I absolutely hated this idea when I first read this post.

viewtopic.php?p=3362184#p3362184

This was the last time this setup was run according to the Wiki, this is where they started the NL discussion. The only time town won, they no-lynched the first day to give the mimes a better chance of dying N1. With both of them alive, only one of them needs to be hit by one of the vig/mafia kills for the entire team to be taken from the game. From there they were able to have the vig claim (no fear of being roleblocked with mimes gone) and watcher target them to give town a clear.

I'm willing to entertain the idea at least.
Thoughts on this? I'm terrible at running the math on these scenarios so if there's someone that can give the statistics on lynch v no lynch here I'd appreciate it, because just off the top of my head there's a lot of logic with how town played the game last time.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (isolation #32) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:15 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Thanks for pointing that out Fink - I hadn't caught that. Point rescinded.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #400 (isolation #33) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:25 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

Oh sweet Jesus thank you Jingle for giving me a townread to work with.

Just popping in for a second to say I'm busy but reading and staying mostly caught up. I should be around most of tomorrow and Sunday with more.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #417 (isolation #34) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:12 am

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 326, Fink wrote:And for the record, that's the first setup spec I believe I've done.
I think this was in response to my comment, which may have been mis-worded. By "setup spec" I meant I had seen more talk about from you mimes in the setup than attempts at scumhunting.
In post 332, Sesq wrote:VOTE: Nero Cain

sorry... you're probably town.....
wtf is this
In post 343, lane0168 wrote:
In post 169, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 151, RockyHorror wrote:A50's push on the obviously fake vig claim is so bad it almost has to come from a mime.
oh i should've iso'd you first. but like this to me seems as plausible from goon as mime, like lion said there's too much interchangeable wifom.
Is it so bad is has to come from mime? Or so bad it has to come from scum trying to be like mime? That's where the wifom comes in and you just lynch who you think is not town.
I'm starting to get to this point myself with how much I've gone back and forth between mime and scumreads for some people.
In post 352, lane0168 wrote:I just read through. This is a very "careful" game. I'm noticing that every other page has a "there's not much to talk about so far" post. Which leads me to believe there may just not be much to talk about. Or every single one of them is scum. Doubt that. It's essentially a whole bunch of gut reads and "shit posting" reads.
I agree with this assessment tbh. People being afraid to lynch a mime has lead to a pretty generalized apathy among the town. The number of replacements hasn't helped either.
In post 367, Almost50 wrote:
In post 360, Kmd4390 wrote:
Jingle replaces UnrealSeal.
Hmmm.. this player list id getting stronger by the minute. Here's for hoping this is a Town slot though (otherwise, we're in deep deep trouble).?
wtf is this
In post 374, Almost50 wrote:
In post 370, Jingle wrote:VOTE: a50

Aggressively serious vote, am caught up, can discuss when not mobile.
Good vote! I also suspect this guy, but I've been a victim of conf!bias before so I'm reluctant to vote there myself. :P
wtf is this
In post 389, Jingle wrote:Thor, my wagon has just as much steam as yours, a loud mouthed asshole who actually cares about pushing it through, and managed to destroy two vanity wagons. Can I interest you in the sweet smell of actually progressing the game?
I love you.
In post 402, Jingle wrote:I was gonna post the deadline after rocky, but the mod beat me to it. Instead I’m just going to point out that Rocky himself would make a better avatar for that account.
No idea why I didn't think of that :lol:
In post 410, Jingle wrote:
In post 402, Jingle wrote:I was gonna post the deadline after rocky, but the mod beat me to it. Instead I’m just going to point out that Rocky himself would make a better avatar for that account.
Reading this again this morning, I see that it has a different connotation than intended. I don't mean to imply that you're a sex crazed brainless creation of a mad scientist, only that your name is Rocky and thus you should have a picture of Rocky. :oops: I apologize for any unintended insult
I mean brainless may be a bit of a stretch, but the rest is pretty accurate tbh. No hard feelings :lol:

Okay cool so I'm caught up and feel fairly comfortable doing this.

VOTE: A50

I need to get away from the fear of lynching mimes day 1 mentality and vote my strongest scumread at this point. I'm getting drunk off of the WIFOM.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #418 (isolation #35) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:12 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Also I'll be around for most of the day today if anyone wants to talk
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (isolation #36) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:24 am

Post by RockyHorror »

RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #425 (isolation #37) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:33 am

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 424, Sesq wrote:also i think lane already alluded to this but i hope you all realize that anyone you mimeread could be scum posturing as such? just thought that was important
wow what a great post I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #426 (isolation #38) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:43 am

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 117, Fink wrote:My argument the other way is that trying to look a bit mime-ish on the first post would seem like a clever move if your role is mafia because of that initial "but what if they are a mime!?!" wifom response, which could help later, while Mimes would be worried about getting that same response. A bit of "but what if MIME" read from early game is good for Mafia avoiding lynches, bad for Mimes wanting to get lynched. It's a small thing, but people go back and look at the first posts of the game all the time.
In post 112, GuiltyLion wrote:also I don't really care about the Mime thing unless we lynch one, generally I feel like trying to distinguish between Mime/Mafia play is gonna be a barrel of WIFOM and not worth it
In post 106, lane0168 wrote:At least personally I don't think I'll be able to tell the difference between scum and mime.
Oh wait you mean we've already been over this and so bringing it up again is pretty pointless rn?
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #429 (isolation #39) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:55 am

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 428, Almost50 wrote:[Redacted] I'll leave this till later.
You're at L-2 with just over 24 hours to deadline. How much "later" are you talking?
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (isolation #40) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:10 am

Post by RockyHorror »

I think that being afraid of a mime lynch is what caused most of the game to stagnate early on - lane's comment about this being a "careful" game makes sense.

At this point, we only worry about the mimes if we lynch one. Until then, their win condition is just a distraction.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #454 (isolation #41) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:48 am

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 452, Eragon wrote:You think sesq is a mime but just stated hammer intent?

(I understand not worrying about the mimes until we actually lynch one, but still hammering someone you think is mime is weird
If thor has a mimeread vs a townread at deadline, who would you rather he hammer?
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #535 (isolation #42) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:14 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Wouldn't hypo'ing be more beneficial to scum?
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #536 (isolation #43) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:15 am

Post by RockyHorror »

I'm not upset about the night kills as well, but I also was surprised to see Thor live through the night with how hard he was pushing lane over anyone else.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #540 (isolation #44) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:20 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Eragon, why have Thor as a strong townread when he pushed so hard on lane?
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #579 (isolation #45) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:34 am

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 549, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 536, RockyHorror wrote:I'm not upset about the night kills as well, but I also was surprised to see Thor live through the night with how hard he was pushing lane over anyone else.
this feels like vig-fishing and empty shade - do you think Thor is lane's mime partner, yes or no?
The vig fishing wasn't intended, though I do see why the post pinged you that way. To answer your question, I'm thinking it's certainly a possibility, though I admit there's a fair bit of WIFOM as to whether a mime would bus as hard as Thor did.
In post 570, Jingle wrote:
In post 564, GuiltyLion wrote:Jingle no one elected you town leader

vig being deduced with no guaranteed watch protect is pretty clearly worst case scenario, objectively. vig claiming with watcher protect is far better. so you can disagree with the utility of a vig claim but nothing I said is wrong at all
Yeah, but posting No. Is literally the least letters I have to type to convey the message: "This is an objectively terrible idea and the vig shouldn't claim until I have a chance to explain why."
I agree with this. Vig claim would be horrible right now.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #582 (isolation #46) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

With one mime down and that win condition now posing a serious threat to everyone else in the game, wouldn't both vig and mafia be mime shooting?
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #594 (isolation #47) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

Got a good laugh out of that, sesq. Thank you. :lol:

Also good with a no lynch today as well. No one should out anything at this point.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #596 (isolation #48) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 594, RockyHorror wrote:Got a good laugh out of that, sesq. Thank you. :lol:

Also good with a no lynch today as well. No one should out anything (aside from a guilty) at this point.
*sigh* EBWOP
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #597 (isolation #49) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:45 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

I don't like hypoing right now. It gives way too much information to mafia for pretty little reward as an inno at this point only confirms someone as not being a mime.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #598 (isolation #50) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 593, Thor665 wrote:
I think lynching on the wagon makes immense sense
and think any Vig and Mafia shots targeted at the wagon would benefit town.
I agree with the second half of this, but wouldn't lynching on wagon in theory be the most likely way to hit the other mime?
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #600 (isolation #51) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

Don't try to condescend me. Obviously the statement you made wasn't as clear as you thought or I would have understood it from the beginning. :wink:
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #602 (isolation #52) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

If we were to lynch, I wouldn't choose to lynch on wagon because of the mime.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #605 (isolation #53) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

That makes much more sense.

Looking off the wagon, I honestly forgot Aristophanes was in the game until now - is it normal for him to do nothing in a game like this?
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #618 (isolation #54) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:25 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 615, Thor665 wrote:
In post 613, FA_Q2 wrote:I think thor's actions yesterday make him a prime candidate for the other mime.
Is there any reason for that outside of me scumreading a slot that was intentionally trying to be scumread and pointing it out?
If it's just 'Thor is on the wagon' yeah, I get the point, though singling me out seems awkward - but is there more to this case you're trying to sell here?
Because I don't think there is, and would challenge you to prove me wrong.
From the moment I replaced in you were shading me for keeping my vote on sesq when you wanted it on lane instead. The simple explanation of "I find sesq scummier even if you don't" wasn't good enough.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #632 (isolation #55) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:23 am

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 629, Thor665 wrote:Frankly, as I recall, I was willing to get you onto DT too - is he my other Mime partner?
Except you really weren't pushing DT.
In post 177, Thor665 wrote:Also, would you vote either Lane or DT over Sesq? I would happily argue that the extent of the case on Sesq could be applied to either of them by simply changing the names, and then I've presented other aspects against both of them in addition to the Sesq case - so wouldn't that make my push on both of them superior to the Sesq one?
This is the only time you attempted to get me to switch to DT (and even then you offered lane as another alternative), but after this you never actively pushed a lynch for the slot. You said later on he would be an "okay" lynch, but you spent most of the rest of the day tunneling on lane.
In post 181, Thor665 wrote:How do you compare that from Sesq with, for example the nearly identical behavior of Lane who voted me for reasons he can't describe, attacked me for reasons he couldn't support, went back to the non-describable reasons, then hard moved to Sesq in support of your basically unexplained case there?
In post 204, Thor665 wrote:
In post 183, RockyHorror wrote:I don't know where you're getting that from. I specifically said that I was okay with a lane vote because of his lack of activity, and even mentioned that I saw him potentially buddying me with his sesq vote. I just think my vote is better positioned as is at the moment.
I was being fairly clear I thought - I quoted you describing your primary Sesq suspicion and made a direct compare/contrast of it to Lane's play and asked why one was a primary suspect and the other was kind of a "meh" read by your own words.
It's great that you suspect him, I think you *should* suspect him. What I want to know is why I can't get your vote on him when the case is basically identical to your other case - and the extent of your answer is "my current vote is better positioned" which is nonsense because the best you've argued for that is "pressure to get content" and, frankly, Lane could do with that just as much as Sesq could, so again - what's the point in not moving if asked?
In post 344, Thor665 wrote:@Lane - I'm amazed that there is difficulty getting a wagon on you.
In post 358, Thor665 wrote:
In post 357, lane0168 wrote:I most certainly am noticing that. But what's not amazing to me, is people not jumping from a leading wagon to a non wagon for essentially the same case.
Yeah, but that they chose Sesq over you is a thing.
Probably done engaging with Thor for a while.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #653 (isolation #56) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:35 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Vote Thor for not-town

VOTE: No Lynch

Sorry, apathy is kind of strong at the moment. I'm around though.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #661 (isolation #57) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

It's quite laughable that Thor thinks he was
actually
trying to get people to switch to DT yesterday.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #679 (isolation #58) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 674, Thor665 wrote:
In post 661, RockyHorror wrote:It's quite laughable that Thor thinks he was
actually
trying to get people to switch to DT yesterday.
You literally quoted me asking you to switch to DT.
You asked me once on page 8. You were trying to get everyone else on lane for the rest of the day.

If you think you were pressuring or pushing DT in any seriousness for a majority of your play yesterday, I don't know what to tell you.

Return to “Completed Open Games”