Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm town. Whose shit we wreckin?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 295, Sesq wrote:all smiles with these replacements
just wait till I want to lynch you and Ari have 5 posts on day 3.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 20, Eragon wrote:And it’s worth posting becuase cats are the only true gods, and dogs are evil
vote: Eragon

policy lynch this plox

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 214, Fink wrote:To people who have played with Almost50 before, especially Thor,
Are posts like this, particularly the tone of them pretty standard coming from him? Or is this more confrontational than you'd expect?
In post 118, Almost50 wrote:@Fink: Mimes aim to get LYNCHED. If they could accomplish that on D1 they don't need to worry about the Vig. "Act scummy --> Get lynched" is what a noob Mime would think. I do not expect a NOOB to go about the consequences beyond that point. Planning for multiple moves hardly makes someone a NOOB.

Mafia do NOT want to get lynched. A noob Mafioso would NOT try to act scummy in the first place. If they do (in order to avoid being lynched) then they are NOT a noob either. NOOB NOOB NOOB. A Newbie who has not yet developed the sense to plan ahead for multiple steps and will only go for the next move is what I'm talking about.
Seems p standard but I don't think there's any huge difference in his scum and town game.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 55, Almost50 wrote:
In post 53, Thor665 wrote:why do you oppose the Mime wincon exactly?
Hmmm... this actually made me reread the role PMs on the wiki, and it does seem that the game does
not
end upon the Mines achieving their wincon. Better safe that sorry though, so..

@MOD: Does the game end or not if both Mimes get
lynched
?

Per the setup review thread, only one faction can win. Once a win condition is met, all other factions have lost and the game is over.
Why does this matter to you, why ask?
In post 57, Almost50 wrote:Believe me.. I've seen worse things happen on and off his site. Someone may not see your entire post, but only see that line quoted in another post. Some scum may even purposefully "misquote" you on D2 or D3 and exclaim why you were still alive after you claimed, this calling for your lynch. Just do not assume anything and try to refine your jokes is all I'm saying. Plus, my case on you did get the game going anyway, so that's something even if you still think it was fabricated BS.
So you no longer think he's a mime?
In post 98, lane0168 wrote:Sometimes I feel myself

On p6 I think a50 is being LAMIST and I disn't really like his OMGUS vote on ICV.
In post 202, Almost50 wrote:Well, you said "scum" this time and ,ost players (including yourself in #167) use that to describe MAFIA and not 3P (Mimes are basically Jesters as you yourself had pointed out), so I had to ask.
scum is a catch-all term :/ I'm p sure you knew that.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #300 (isolation #5) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I agree that Sesq is p scummy but I'm also a little worried that she's a mine. Like the whole "it takes a wagon on me to get me going" just seemed so telegraphed. Would a mine say that to get wagoned or would mafia say that to appear like a mime?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

but also
In post 258, Kmd4390 wrote:Sesq - 5 - RockyHorror, lane0168, innocentvillager,
GuiltyLion, FA_Q2
both these votes were kinda go with the flowy so I was kinda :igmeou:

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:01 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 310, FA_Q2 wrote:I do not like NC's catchup here. He touches on a few things but it is all riding the fence. My and GL votes are 'go with the flow' but no actual stance. Sesq is scummy but more likely a mime - again, a reason to not place a vote.
What else should I be touching here? Hopefully, not much since I'm a bit of a germaphobe. And you know you could have just asked me my opinions on these super important events that I didn't touch on.

Firstly, there's little sense in putting someone to L-1 with a suspended deadline when I haven't had
much
any interaction with anyone. Even if Sesq is some variation of scum there are still 3 out there. Let me game solve or at least attempt to.

Like, Gun 2 my head: I think you and GL are scum but for me, it's still early and my read might change. Also, myself and maybe most town are a bit wishy-washy in nature. Barring being an informed minority or inno/guilty checks no one is going to know anyones alignment till flip. Sure, decesions will get made, some right and more wrong and I think some town even have the mindset of "I don't care who gets lynched as long as its not me!"

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 313, Almost50 wrote:
In post 299, Nero Cain wrote:Why does this matter to you, why ask?
Because it tell me if we can win with Mime or not. If we can, then I won't mind lynching them both (in fact it would be much better than lynching Town). As it turns out; lynching Mime works directly against the Town (and Mafia) win cons.
isn't that just...idk...common sense?
In post 314, Almost50 wrote:
In post 299, Nero Cain wrote:So you no longer think he's a mime?
No, I don't think Eragon is Mime anymore.
Why not?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Is the scummist post I'ver ever read. In what world are cats better then dogs?

but real talk.

NO. Where should I hang my vote?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 329, lane0168 wrote:I PROMISE I will say something that I think is useful tomorrow. Or at least say smelling that I hope will be useful.

Pedit. Hi Ari. Long time no see
Does it really take you that long t think of something?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

OH NOES, I'M BEING GOADED INTO VOTING SESQ!.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I rather not lynch a mine today but if it comes down to me vs. her then I

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:05 am

Post by Nero Cain »

vote: FA_Q2

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (isolation #14) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 358, Thor665 wrote:
In post 357, lane0168 wrote:I most certainly am noticing that. But what's not amazing to me, is people not jumping from a leading wagon to a non wagon for essentially the same case.
Yeah, but that they chose Sesq over you is a thing.
Is is strange that ppl want to lynch scum over Lane? Also, you seem content sitting on a not scum wagon so your whine that we aren't lynching Lane seems odd.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (isolation #15) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

:igmeou:

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (isolation #16) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 368, Almost50 wrote:Do you have any other suspect, just in case you are wrong about either of us?
your sole scumread is town so I think you should care more about your reads than mine.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (isolation #17) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 373, Almost50 wrote:Do you have any suggestions?
umvote me or I'll join Jingle.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (isolation #18) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 379, Almost50 wrote:you still haven't given me an alternative target
Why do you need me to feed you information? Since when do you need hand holding in scumhunting?
In post 379, Almost50 wrote:so I am on you because I -at least- know you're not a Mime (bc DT replaced out while being wagoned).
Doesn't make me mafia either.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (isolation #19) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:A50

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (isolation #20) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 382, Almost50 wrote:
In post 381, Nero Cain wrote:Why do you need me to feed you information?
Because if you are town then we're a team.
Well, you certainly aren't playing like my team member.
In post 381, Nero Cain wrote: Since when do you need hand holding in scumhunting?
Every now and then I do need advice and especially so when we have a game like this where almost everybody is holding their cards too close to their chests.
Why would you want advice from someone you want lynched?

In post 381, Nero Cain wrote:Doesn't make me mafia either.
Not necessarily, no. But it if it's between you and Sesq then I'd rather lynch you, because lynching Mime!Sesq is giving her 50% of her win con on a silver platter, while lynching you (assuming you are a townie) doesn't hurt us that much.

Unless you prefer to live and lose over getting lynched and win.
Not lynching town is always the best course. If you don't think I'm mafia then you should go find them. This lynching between me and Sesq is very very lazy and not town motivated.

Also the "if you live we'll lose and if we lynch you we'll win." is very much
A
t
E
y fearmongering bullshit.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (isolation #21) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 55, Almost50 wrote:@MOD: Does the game end or not if both Mimes get lynched?
this is also mafia that's asking if their wincon can still be achieved if the mimes is first.

feels fake as fuck.

It's hilariously bad that he's attempting to subscribe scum motivation to DT's replace out. I mean, I know he's wrong and that DT was town thus he was being sincere. I've never had oral surgery, I've had a tooth pulled and even that hurts but my dad has had oral surgery he says that hurts like a son of a bitch. And he said he was starting school so like isn't that the OR? He's up Thor's ass and he promised to sheep him and his vote being the third vote on the wagon After Thor is just a continuation of that. He doesn't seem to particularly think that my slot is mafia and seems more than content to lets Sesq and I be the main/only wagons today.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (isolation #22) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 403, Thor665 wrote:what I did say was that Lane perfectly matches a large number of cases people are pushing, yet I'm the only one looking at him and *that* is suspect (which it is).
Ah, fair enuff. Whats the case on Lane?
In post 403, Thor665 wrote:Are you claiming I should have a town read on your slot for some reason? Why?
I'm claiming you are wrong. I really don't care how you read me; just know that I'm town.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (isolation #23) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 432, Eragon wrote:then im fine with both wagons right now
I vastly perfer A50 over Sesq.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 533, Eragon wrote:well honestly both mime reads/scum reads for me are gone, so im actually happy with those Night kills.
y say this when you were scum reading GL?
In post 540, RockyHorror wrote:Eragon, why have Thor as a strong townread when he pushed so hard on lane?
I don't feel like this is all that scummy?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (isolation #25) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:FA-Q2

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I think there's a decent chance that mafia/last mine are on the wagon. I don't understand why you think this is not a good theory.

lane0168 - 7 - Fink, Jingle, Thor665, Eragon,
Almost50
, FA_Q2,
lane0168

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #675 (isolation #27) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 672, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 671, GuiltyLion wrote:also FA_Q2 still has yet to share a singular townread, hmm
Because I don't really have any.

My only real townread yesterday was A50.
Why were you town reading him?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (isolation #28) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Seemed more like he was trying to gambit than anything.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (isolation #29) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 656, Fink wrote:So people who need to get shot sooner rather than later:
Nero, Aristo, Thor, Jingle, IV, Fink, FA_Q2, Eragon
It does seem likely that there is scum in this list
Is this post meant to be some kind of joke? This is most of the player list. Why are you on it? Why are Rocky and GL the only ones not on it?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (isolation #30) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

:?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (isolation #31) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah, who was casting this ridiculously wide net?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (isolation #32) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm not sure why me missing/not understanding part of the game is causing such a big upset.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (isolation #33) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 699, Thor665 wrote:If he didn't waste time by attacking Fink over it I could see your point.
asking questions=//=attack.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (isolation #34) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 711, Aristophanes wrote:I mean, I'd volunteer as tribute but that'd be antitown
Would it?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (isolation #35) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

just
vote: no

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (isolation #36) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 737, Jingle wrote:Mountainous, on the other hand is crazy boring and ALL about dayplay. Fun setups are all about balance between the two.
I
slightly
disagree. Its been a thing forever and its even more common now days but there are lots of town players that are "bored" unless they have a PR. Its really really dumb though.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (isolation #37) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Nero Cain »

y is eragon townie?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #752 (isolation #38) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 750, Eragon wrote:
In post 749, Nero Cain wrote:y is eragon townie?
y not.

:0

Return to “Completed Open Games”