notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:49 am

Post by notscience »

VOTE: Secret Hydra

Gypyx failed my reaction test

1/10

(I’m going to try to limit my posting to 10 a day to keep myself focused and on track.)
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:19 am

Post by notscience »

More energy from Gypyx is a good sign, the only reason he was able to keep the energy levels up in Tenet was he had a scumteam breathing down his neck. Of his own volition I'd be comfortable slotting them as town, but will reevaluate later if I notice him losing steam.

2/10

Ninja-
Meh I'm standing by the townread
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:27 am

Post by notscience »

I’m not counting this.

Ben I said in my first post I was doing them. Yes.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 60, Datisi wrote:what is the point of giving out the warning in advance?
Why does it matter? Levels of engagement are tricky to fake as scum.
In post 61, seCret hYdra wrote:and why you assuming that's not the case here?
Because I thought you were the other head until you clarified and your activity is miles better than my experience with you.
In post 84, AaronFrost wrote:i feel like the same logic could apply here if he's scum, especially since he's part of a hydra this game
Meh. Maybe? But typically in this instance that player would end up taking a backseat, in a perpetual "im catching up but" mode.
In post 104, Infinity 324 wrote:Fwiw, normally when I see scum question TRs on themselves, it's one question and they often don't follow up, so my RVS-townread is now an actual townread.
What? is the first time Penguin's posted since implo townread him. How is this "following up" on it?
In post 140, Bridgeburners wrote:notsci limiting his posting is prob town motivated
Why?
In post 175, Isis wrote:I don't think town!implo could actually find that much AI so early in the game and it feels like I'm looking at performative play.
I'm a tad skeptical on it too, but I have little bearing on implo's play. I was writing it off as him taking glances of my play in 2181? I also think it's early and if I can use the "its literally page 3" excuse so can he lol
In post 175, Isis wrote:skitter didn't tell the mod right away about her V/LA
skitter has done this in both games I have played with her iirc and she was town in both

plus its in her sig lol
In post 192, Bridgeburners wrote:Isis can i tempt you with a scipio vote?
I have not seen one haiku.
In post 198, implosion wrote:I also think there is a pretty solid chance that bridgeburners are scum but that is very definitely something to litigate later.
Why? I'm fairly solidly townreading Mena's posting thus far.

I'm a tad lost. I think it's playing in catchup mode, but excuses don't really do anything. I still think gypyx is town. I think mena/skitter is town. I'm kinda leaning town on isis I think? Not enough to stand in the way of it. I didn't like infinity's townread of penguin for following up on a post when that was the first time penguin asked about it- that seems like a weird take to make.

My vote is for sale to whoever writes the best limerick to sell me on theirs.

3/10.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by notscience »

Ah, reading is tech. Sorry infinity.

@skitter-
This is going to sound really weird but I liked her push on you about the v/la thing and don’t think scum isis comes up with that. It’s not a bet the farm read but it felt town enough where I wanted to comment on it.

Ninja-
Do you have a lot of experience with isis? I might be missing context here.

4/10
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by notscience »

See my reading is tech comments

Probably wasn’t paying enough attention as I’m pretty zonked from work.

I just have eyes for the superior prose.

5/10. Bed now.

Ninja- I mean, yeah penguin that’s what I’m thinking, I just don’t think that push comes from scum isis. Apparently they have a few games of history, but I still think it’s a town push
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 284, PenguinPower wrote:I don’t have any reason to see why that doesn’t come from scum!isis but feel free to enlighten me.

+I’m pocketed.
I think it kinda boils down to what skitter said, BoP of her scumgame? I understand if it's not reason enough to sway you and I'm pretty sure I have clarified a ton of times I'm not *super* confident in it, and wouldn't stand in the way of any proceedings regarding this.

I just think left field stuff typically tends to come from town more at a base level. You don't have to agree, but it's something I use when figuring things out.

I think to is a weird jump. I don't think it's scum but its weird.
In post 332, Datisi wrote:sure, they're tricky, but they're not *impossible*. if he knows that's what you're looking at, he could play to that angle?

also what about mena's posting is a solid townread to you?
I mean, he could, and I could have just given him a benchmark on beating me. But I think it's a tad premature to be concerned about?

Re: Mena- I like the shitposting. Granted I have no experience with scum mena, but so far nothing he's posted has bothered me, he feels loose. Like yeah I suppose scum could be loose or shitpost too but like... I just wanna believe, ya know? Call it a soul read, call it whatever. Even though I disagree with his push on Isis I feel like Mena and I dont see eye to eye that often anyways?
In post 333, Datisi wrote:327 is literally the most ai post that slot has made so far
also it's town!indicative
I liked this post too! But I felt like the post following it made me feel weird about it. "Hey this person got good as scum!" "This person is town!"

I suppose they arent mutually exclusive statements it just felt off when I read it.
In post 345, Infinity 324 wrote:Ok, but the more occam's razor-y explanation is that town had a weird thought than scum did something intentionally bad to get a TR
QFT, I like this post from infinity.
In post 373, Scipio1 wrote:notsci
hi

why am i here
In post 413, Datisi wrote:hello guess who's suffering from insomnia
In post 401, ben dover123 wrote:tbh this now just feels like a dogpile with a wagon this quick. I can't say that scum is on this wagon but it feels way too smooth with these 3 consecutive votes here.
is this all? like, none of the votes ping you anywhere? not questioning anyone? just "oh idk if scum here but quick wagon"?
I feel like you post things that I 100% see then you post this and im like... huh? because I really liked that line from ben and feel like the nonchalance is townie.

Caught up. ben's posting on this page (18) is townie as fuck, I won't voting that. Infinity seems to be melding a bit with me particularly wrt isis so I'm cool having that as town. I'm trying to figure out how I feel on datisi, bc I kinda suck at reading them.

1/10
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by notscience »

Notmaf who’s scum?

@skitter-I’ll take it. I think I mentioned I’m trying to play things out from a more null space anyways. What am I missing re:scipio?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by notscience »

Why? I don’t mind it
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by notscience »

@skitter I feel like I forgot happened. I can see it now.

I’m curious about his read on me still but I’m more leaning green now.

Ninja-
A lot of my games lately have been “clear the bottom” and it’s been pretty effective.

I think this is 4/10
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:14 am

Post by notscience »

In post 474, Datisi wrote:re notsci's :

i'm not necessarily concerned about scum!gypyx finding an avenue to fool town!notsci, i'm moreso thinking about whether notsci calling that out in the first place is indicative of alignment, and in which way, you feel?

i agree the shift from to looks a certain ~weird~, but /shrug, i think it's genuine. at least, feels more genuine than the entirety of the last game.

why do you like that line? like when i read it last night, i thought it was uncaring, but in a scummy way. like scum who's getting voted by town, feels they have to like, start making reads to get out of trouble, and that town!them *would* find the wagon scummy, but can't actually find it scummy bc informed pov, so they throw out a weak "there might be scum on my wagon" throwaway line.

i'd say probably the best way to read me is direct/real-time interaction, but /shrug. how *do* you feel about datisi?

oh, you're still reading the hYdra as town, no? your vote's still on them.
Eh, I suppose it makes sense. I think if I were scum I'd probably be able to get away with shoving them as I was wishy-washy with my read on gypyx in tenet until I did a solid reread.

I think you are adding a connotation from tunneling than anything. I don't think he doesn't care he just doesnt want to stamp his feet and make us look one place when hes not confident it's the right place to look. I think calling a wagon scumpushed is such an easy thing to do as either side of an alignment and him doing the more difficult thing in being apprehensive and nonchalant gave me good vibes.

If you put a gun to my head I'd say you were town. But I said you were town in haunted village too. I don't think I've got a good grasp on how far you've come since smuggler's port.

And I offered my vote for a limerick and noone has jumped on it. Looking at the recent votecount, I don't hate who is on the Isis wagon but I still think she's town and don't want to vote there. I'm townreading ben. I could vote notmaf for being notmaf but I did that in masons and monks and was wrong and actually want to feel solid about pushing something.

mmmm.

VOTE: Schiavetto

1/10
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:17 am

Post by notscience »

In post 477, Bridgeburners wrote:
In post 439, notscience wrote:Even though I disagree with his push on Isis I feel like Mena and I dont see eye to eye that often anyways?
Ooi, what’s this based on notsci?
Iirc from skimming your ISO in 2181 before my replace in and I feel like we had different gamestate views when you came in to Tenet as well. Of course, I don't think we've both existed as town from gamestart before this game but I think it's a fair judgement to make- do you disagree?

2/10
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by notscience »

Not really. I’m typically a PoE player though. Schiavetto is someone I want to see more out of. I like to try and get bearings on those low posters so I know if I’m on track. I’ve already reached out to notmaf (who ignored me :( ) but datisi was right that it is a waste to have my vote sitting on a townread

I didn’t like the lead wagons soooo I’m voting to start a new one.

I wouldn’t be totally upset to vote Aaron. Why should I?

Ninja-
What do you like about them?

3/10
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by notscience »

Who should we be voting then, implosion?

4/10
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by notscience »

I’ve played with scum datisi twice. Once as a scum buddy and once as town. There was a definite improvement and he had me snowed pretty solid when I drew town. That in conjunction with what ico has said about datisi having a massive scum growth lately isn’t helping my paranoia. But I’m not sure it’s not just me being me.

5/10
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (isolation #15) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by notscience »

I’m curious why I’m a strong enough townread for them to trust my read particularly when I’ve stated in thread I was wishywashy against scum gypyx in tenet.

Can you elaborate some?

6/10
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (isolation #16) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by notscience »

Isis is skitter still on the bottom of your list from the v/la thing or is it something else?

Skitter, do you know if mena planned on outting that lie read you guys mentioned earlier?

7/10
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #663 (isolation #17) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:48 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 617, Isis wrote:notscience is not even actually a low-poster/inactive, he just said he was going to be, then he's had standard activity. I thought it was weird. I guess the only scenario where it's scummy weird is when notscience has posted in a scum PT that he's gonna self impose a limit and gets to lurk but don't worry he'd prob do it as town too.
It's not super characterizable but it's super weird! like notsci feels high content to me. Though I don't remember much of the content so he's probably scum
You’re used to me being around this activity level. Other games I have a MASSIVE post count and I have recently been getting tilted and various other things and I need to step back and be more objective.

I suppose it’s fair I’m not really committing to many pushes right now and my iso is somewhat forgettable. I wish I had a better answer than “fuck if I know what to push”

This almost feels like 2181 for me. Which is weird because that game I blinded myself but I don’t feel blinded this game? Like I’m struggling to find scumreads

But excuses do fuckall so I probably need to reread or something. Maybe Monday if I have time.

1/10
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (isolation #18) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by notscience »

Why does your gut say there’s scum in that group?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (isolation #19) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by notscience »

Long day at work and another long day tomorrow.

I’ll be here tomorrow night or Monday.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY

Return to “Completed Open Games”