Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #40 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:30 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Why did I join a game full of people I can't read?

That's the price I pay for an awesome playerlist, I guess.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #41 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:30 am

Hectic, did you read the Trust Fall game that just ended?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #45 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:32 am

Scum-T3 did a very similar thing to me to what you just did to Ydrasse.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #48 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:33 am

No, but if you had read it I would have said you were very likely town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #61 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:37 am

In post 53, Dannflor wrote:shouldn't mafia always insta-accept?
Yes but also no. No because yes. Something like that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #62 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:39 am

In post 56, MURDERCAT wrote:lol this is actually so true
I've played this setup (ish) twice before and been each alignment once. When I was scum, my partner didn't auto accept an offer.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #72 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:47 am

I feel like Ydrasse wouldn't troll here as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #82 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:51 am

In post 78, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Anyway, the good news about this playerlist is a lot of you have played with me when I was scum. It would be pretty easy for you to spot that I'm town this time. This means if you say you don't want to trust me, I don't want to trust you either.
Based on my extensive experience with you, I'm pretty confident in my read that you aren't the mod this time.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #97 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:56 am

In post 80, Dannflor wrote:what leads you to believe that?
My perception of her is that she's fairly unconfident in her scumgame, and given the choice between staying to try to help her team more (but also possibly giving away more information) and taking the free ticket out, she'd probably take the latter.

Also she was in a similar situation in this game (as Briar), and she chose to leave immediately there as well (even though she was playing a great game up to that point).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #100 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:58 am

In post 91, Prism wrote:It is incredibly tempting to say "If I can't beat them, join them" and propose to Ydrasse but I will restrain myself.
I don't think there's any advantage to it. You can always reciprocate if she trusts you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #102 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:59 am

Fair.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #117 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:08 am

Yeah I was wondering about that lmao
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #125 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:11 am

In post 115, Prism wrote:I thought Murder openly admitting 79 right after I explain why doing so works as scum was a bit bold.
I don't think that what he said is really the same as what you said. His strategy was obviously put forth from a town perspective; whether he would actually follow that if given the chance to leave as scum is another matter.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #137 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:26 am

In post 122, MURDERCAT wrote:If I were scum I would take the first offer I got based on the logic SS laid out.
Didn't quite get my response to this in before the lock. I didn't really lay out clear logic for why insta trusting is better. In fact I laid out benefits and drawbacks of each, so I don't think what I said clearly points to this at all.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #141 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:28 am

Also Dann I'm more than a bit curious why you townlean me, given that you were trepidatious to townread me last time we played and you still did it and it ended up being a mistake.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #144 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:30 am

In post 138, Prism wrote:I really don't know how to interact with you because both this and the prior added nothing. I am well aware of the difference in perspective given; the point of my post is the utilization of that perspective to accomplish the same proposed result.
Sorry, sometimes I don't make my point very clear. I disagree that it was bold; if anything, it's slightly scummy LAMIST, though I don't really think it's that scummy.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #146 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:31 am

In post 139, MURDERCAT wrote:I was referring to the "doesn't feel comfortable as scum" logic
I suppose. I wasn't talking about you though; I don't know firsthand what your scumgame is like. (I don't think?)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #164 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:45 am

In post 157, Dannflor wrote:I've been deliberately trying to lay "paranoia" as having a strong effect on my reads aside, because it annoys me to no end when applied to me
This makes a lot of sense.

I kinda take the opposite approach, where I frame "paranoia" as "I actually just can't read this person as well as I would like". But I'm not exactly the model of self-confidence.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #205 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:50 am

In post 199, humaneatingmonkey wrote:my prediction is murdercat is scum and i'd gladly stay with him.
Elaborate?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #216 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:03 am

For what it's worth, I townread Prism pretty solidly now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #217 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:04 am

So if you really are confident in HEM being town, then I'm in support of that pairing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #267 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:28 am

If Prism/HEM fall next (and I think they should) and they are both town then I would want to see the next fall be two out of {S_S, Infinity, Murdercat}, I think.

I don't townread HEM's play on its own, but I'm not experienced with him so I'll defer to the people who are.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #276 (isolation #22) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:39 am

In post 271, MURDERCAT wrote:you and SS will always live in the could be scum range
Why us specifically?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #277 (isolation #23) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:40 am

If I were to pick out people at this table with scary scumgames I would
not
be pointing to myself.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #326 (isolation #24) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:50 am

In post 316, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I dont think either would do it even though they said they would
Because they're buddies, or because one or both of them are town and scared?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #332 (isolation #25) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:51 am

It wasn't an answer, lol. I'm not sure what you're saying.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #425 (isolation #26) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:17 am

Yeah, I mean there's a difference between trusting someone because you're confident they're town and doing what Hectic did.

I think there's something to be said for having more scumread people trust their townreads first. But I think I probably would be willing to throw out a trust to Prism, if people feel like it's time to start trusting townreads.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #440 (isolation #27) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:32 am

In post 437, Prism wrote:I still just doubt S_S encourages me/HEM quickly yesterday if HEM is town, so pairing them off is likely safe as well.
For what it's worth, I also wouldn't do that if I were scum with HEM, because if you actually fell with him after I said that it would look so bad for me.

Kinda like Ich trying to bait me into falling with his buddy T3 in the last run, which didn't work, but wouldn't have worked out well for them if it had.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #452 (isolation #28) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:50 am

I'm pretty close to trusting Prism. Would you want me to do it first?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #453 (isolation #29) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:51 am

I guess really catboi should do it first, though I can't imagine scum-Prism ever takes that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #455 (isolation #30) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:53 am

Am I sure about what? Prism being town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #458 (isolation #31) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:58 am

I mean, no, I'm not
sure
, but they're my strongest townread by a large margin, and at some point you just have to put your paranoia aside.

I recall a very strong scum-Prism game from the distant past, and I don't think it was strong in this way. Pretty much everything they've done has resonated with a real desire to advance solving.

That said I'm content to let some other people trust them first, but I highly doubt it will matter much, as even if scum they are probably only leaving with me or you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #460 (isolation #32) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:01 am

Also btw Prism, how town is "definitely town" for HEM? Because it seems like you do still have some paranoia of him (specifically of me/him, despite us being your strongest townreads).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #463 (isolation #33) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:04 am

Well scum-Prism would rather leave with a universal townread than a universal scumread, because it makes our job harder; e.g. if they leave with catboi then you and I can just go together, but if they leave with you then I don't have an easy partner and catboi is still alive and a problem.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #497 (isolation #34) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:42 am

In post 483, MURDERCAT wrote:I don't follow, isn't it bad if scum HEM leaves with town you?
Not as bad as if he leaves with someone like me or Prism, I think is the point.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #499 (isolation #35) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:47 am

In what way? You don't townread me and Prism?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #527 (isolation #36) » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:18 pm

See, I like this setup, because I never have strong scumreads, and I don't have to be annoyed about that this time :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #549 (isolation #37) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:24 am

In post 546, Infinity 324 wrote:Murder's solviness dropped off so I townread him less now but I still think he's much more likely to be town.
Is this an absolute decrease (failing to solve is scummy) or a relative one (everyone else has gotten townier, and he hasn't)?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #551 (isolation #38) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:30 am

Hm. I'm usually skeptical of absolute read deteriorations, because if his early posts were unlikely to come from scum then they were unlikely to come from scum, period, no matter what happens after.

(Of course it's different if what they did after was actively SCUMMY, but I don't think not being as solve-y is that?)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #555 (isolation #39) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:33 am

I guess that makes sense. I would have framed it more as "I reevaluated my read and the reasons weren't as good as I initially thought." than what you said.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #561 (isolation #40) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:51 am

I think you can pretty safely trust Prism. If they're scum they're probably going down with a bigger ship than you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #577 (isolation #41) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:44 am

I trust Prism
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #579 (isolation #42) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:45 am

Not expecting you to accept, at least not right away, but I was just waiting for catboi.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #584 (isolation #43) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:50 am

Playing my own game?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #586 (isolation #44) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:52 am

Because Prism is my top townread by a large margin and I would have trusted them sooner but we decided that catboi should do it first.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #588 (isolation #45) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:56 am

There's no point in doing that, beyond the initial test which was a long shot anyway. I doubt Prism accepts anyone other than me or you today, regardless of alignment.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #858 (isolation #46) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:57 am

No redactions.

I feel like hero trusting on your own reads instead of following consensus should in theory be a good idea, and it certainly makes the setup more interesting. But this game was pretty damning evidence against that (as was the last one, where town planned out and agreed on all the falls and won).

It may just be that this setup ends up like a slight variant of Reverse Mafia but with no voting, which would be sad. But it's worth testing more, I think.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #862 (isolation #47) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:06 am

Also Dann is never going to townread me again :shifty:

I don't know what it is but you really see something in my scumgame, lmao.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #866 (isolation #48) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:18 am

In post 863, Dwlee99 wrote:I enjoyed modding this and I hope everyone enjoyed playing!
I did! Thanks for modding :]
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #896 (isolation #49) » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:28 am

-

Return to “Completed Open Games”