unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3111 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:33 am

Post by unwnd »

I didn't play this game but your languish resonates with me Shirou. Overthinking has been the death of me in recent games and it's worse looking back when you had proper leads, just to dump them later on.

However, I think you shouldn't be hard on yourself. Everyone is guesstimating and being 'right' stacks up like personal achievement because I promise you nobody is gonna leave this game thinking 'man Shirou really just blew it with his reads!' Lot of people are self-absorbed and hardly paying attention to what you do. In that regard, the best contribution is one that you feel like making and is within reason.

Another observation: I think you give yourself too much workload. You post frequently while trying to process information in real-time. I don't think you give yourself enough of a reprieve to just let your thoughts settle and not just interact with the thread. Taking time away can be beneficial for both yourself and others.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3118 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:38 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 3116, Shirou wrote:
In post 3113, unwnd wrote: Overthinking has been the death of me in recent games and it's worse looking back when you had proper leads, just to dump them later on.
It's technically overthinking yes you're correct but I didn't consider it quite "overthinking" because there were back then, what I believed "solid reasons" to change my mind. It wasn't just me losing faith on it randomly, I cleared Klick because he came openly defending TGP when TGP was about go down, and it didn't work very much and made people suspecting him more, so I thought that probably didn't come from partners and in my 5 years here so far I'm not sure I had ever seen someone defend their partner so openly like that as they are near death. If it was for the WIFOM it clearly worked on me.

I thought at least one scum had also positioned themselves well by bussing given how much pressure TGP was getting since D1 (given how common bussing the most suspected partner is usually?), so it made me later on focus in [Fire, Furtive] and leave [Toto, Gimli] to "later" because they hadn't exactly bussed too hard/positioned themselves too well for the flip, not to mention that TGP plan seemed to be cooking a mislim on me as Klick apparently also seems to have confessed, so I thought one other scum had to be trying to associate me + TGP from the start which made me again look at Fire/Furtive and think it was a cohesive scum team plan.

It made...so much logical sense to me. But it seems to be a failure as a method to scum hunt to think there's this overarching logic about the scumteam play I suppose...

About your other points like posting too much and caring about being "right"...it's probably good advice I'm just not sure I could realistically follow it. I'm lazy and don't even try on most things but in the few things I try I'm self-pressured to do the best I can at
any
and
all
expenses for self-satisfaction first before anything else. Maybe I should just focus on something else to do at my spare time or something, I don't know.

Either way thanks for the feedback @unwnd. I appreciate it.
Players who lack proficiency wouldn't be working with so many angles in the first place. The fact you have layered ideas gives you an advantage as there may arise a situation where your proficiency will
allow
others to see something that they might have missed. I also believe that you are quite good at explaining your logic with is an absolute plus. You weren't on the mark this time and that's OK. I really suggest a Notes PT or just textdumping somewhere else so you have a place to stare at your posts before pressing 'Submit.' It really helps!
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3120 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:47 am

Post by unwnd »

Bud you don't know how many times I've eaten crow and will continue to do so

These are just experiences to take from and nobody is gonna devalue you for mistakes
Stop

Return to “Completed Open Games”