Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:16 am

Post by Ethel »

Did we really just get locked in here until who knows when? And of course I happened to forget to have my servants bring my cozy kit, consisting of a bookshelf, a blanket and a portable fireplace. Ugh, just my luck. I hope we atleast get some decent food in here. Power is all well and good, but obliterating Earthbounds on an empty stomach isn't much fun.
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:31 am

Post by Ethel »

I am both confused and amazed at what you all are able to read, but I will try my best to learn this secret language so I may assist in the reading of things.
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:06 am

Post by Ethel »

In post 111, Umlaut wrote: Ethel, are you an actual new player or an alt?
I am a... wait, what's the lore of this again? Oh right - I am of course an ambitious young magician from the beautiful city of Enhasa who is honored by this opportunity to serve her majesty the Queen. Although I have been educated in the matter of intrigues and schemes, this is my first time experiencing a scenario such as the current one firsthand. I am still trying to decipher the code most of you seem to use, but not to worry, I'll have it figured out soon enough. Admittedly, I am finding it hard to follow some of the reasonings that have been made about the indentity of any Earthbound Ones, so I will observe and learn before making any such accusations myself.
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:11 am

Post by Ethel »

In post 152, Gimli wrote: so this is your first mafia game?
Kinda, yes - I have played it under a different name before, though not online. But since I'd like to stop being confused and contribute something useful to the discussion, maybe LLD can clear something up for me. I've started to get that most of the reads people post here are just vague impressions and 'vibes' they get from people and not meant to say "Hey, X is 100% scum/town". It still feels a bit random to me how people create a narrative from the smallest things, but lots of Mafia experience probably does that I don't expect to get it straight away. However, looking back at page 1, this was Ranger's first post:
In post 21, Ranger wrote: Mod: 24 hour V/LA
Since game just started, can give this tho.

{Save The Dragons, Gimli, furtiveglance, Cephrir}
{Ethel}
{Sail}
{Korina, Lady Lambdadelta (Detective Penguin, Radical Rat, Umlaut)}
{redFF}

VOTE: redFF

Be back tomorrow, hopefully.
And right away, LLD seemed completely sure that Ranger was scum. Could you clarify why that one post convinced you of that? Maybe you explained that already and I just missed it. Obviously a lot of posts came afterwards that could be used to support or deny that read, but I'm wondering simply about that first post that seems to have started this whole debate, because I'm just trying to follow the logic of everyone's arguments. Was that just a ploy to get Ranger's reaction or did you genuinely believe she was scum based on that initial ranking?
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #354 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:35 am

Post by Ethel »

In post 219, Ethel wrote: Could you clarify why that one post convinced you of that?
I don't know if LLD read my question or not, but it doesn't look like I'll get an answer. And I couldn't find it anywhere on this forum. From what I've seen, the vast majority of messages between LLD and Ranger have just been a rather pointless and stale argument. I'm honestly rather surprised how heated this seems to have gotten, I expected these games to be a lot more... civil. At first I thought it was just a part of the game, but surely this kind of hostility isn't considered normal? Maybe this comes too late and things have already cooled down, but I just wanted to say something because this seems to have gotten out of hand for what's supposed to be a fun game...
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #664 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:24 pm

Post by Ethel »

VOTE: redFF
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #891 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:41 am

Post by Ethel »

In post 878, Cephrir wrote: Ranger why are you still selfvoting when there is a clear and realistic option for you to live here
I'm really wondering about that too. I was very confused by the self-vote in the first place since I've never seen anyone do that before except as a joke, but apparently it can be a serious strategy? Even if I don't get what it's supposed to really accomplish, that's already been discussed plenty and I wish Ranger would just undo that and we can move on.
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #916 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:59 am

Post by Ethel »

In post 894, Umlaut wrote: I know you're new and all but is this really all you've got to say about the game state?
I'll keep my thoughts to myself until I think they're worth sharing. I don't have any information that's not publicly available, and I don't think any speculations from me would currently be helpful.
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #948 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:07 pm

Post by Ethel »

Two cops gone already, and it's just been one night? Damn, that really is a dangerous job. Uhm... I'm totally not worried for my own safety of course, but it would really make me feel much better if we caught an Earthborn this time around. But since furtive lying about a claim would probably not make sense, I'm also not sure what I should speculate about.
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #951 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:14 pm

Post by Ethel »

I think we are some kind of mage supremacists? So... we might be the baddies here...
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1115 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:55 am

Post by Ethel »

VOTE: furtiveglance
There seem to be valid arguments for both sides of this but in the end it comes down to everyone's own decision.
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1169 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:16 am

Post by Ethel »

In post 1117, furtiveglance wrote: Which arguments are convincing you?
At first I thought it wouldn't make sense for you to lie since you'd essentially just trade one for one, which doesn't seem worth it at all if you are scum. But people have said that you might have thought you would be voted out anyways and wanted to take one with you, and I remembered that you were very close to getting voted on day one until you claimed the N1 cop. And as others have suggested, if you had just cleared someone as town, people might not have bought it and instead thought you were lying. An additional hint pointing to that scenario is the fact that you deliberately took your time announcing who you checked, which might have been because you were trying to see if faking a claim was necessary. Of course, none of this means that you can't just be telling the truth, but I feel like it's also possible that you're lying, so I'm going with that option.
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1196 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:55 am

Post by Ethel »

In post 1184, Cephrir wrote: I believe one person expressed mild interest in having my ability around. This isn't really a good representation of current events
Maybe there are also some people who want you around regardless of your ability :-3
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1229 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:43 am

Post by Ethel »

In post 1202, Cephrir wrote: like, by the same token that you would try to win if we played chess together

not saying i don't want your support ofc, i just want it to be for the right reason
Oh, as if I'd need to
try
in order to beat you at chess :-p
But don't worry, I'm not that naive - I've voted out my friends in Werewolf plenty of times, and I wouldn't spare you either if I believed it was the right choice.
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1261 (isolation #14) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:15 am

Post by Ethel »

UNVOTE: furtiveglance
At the very least, this poem deserves to make me give this further thinking.
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1303 (isolation #15) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:08 am

Post by Ethel »

In post 1274, Cephrir wrote: i hate to even think it but there is a really significant part of my brain saying that ethel is scum here and suggested a poem as the only possible way she could flip on me without claiming scum <_<
Hey, I didn't even flip on you yet and I'll probably go back to voting furtive! I'd just feel bad about completely ignoring a poem, so unvoting seemed like a reasonable thing to do.
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1326 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:45 am

Post by Ethel »

There once was an Enlightened Doc
By name of Cephrir he was known
The scum attacks he'd bravely block
Had earned him far and wide renown

But then, one fateful day at noon
A cop came riding into town
He said you fools, this guy's a goon
Who's working hard to bring you down!

Now there was doubt in people's minds
Who should we trust, who should be hung?
They tried to read them both for signs
And back and forth the voting swung

Eventually, the vote was ended
And the cop got apprehended

VOTE: furtiveglance
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1333 (isolation #17) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:48 am

Post by Ethel »

In post 1328, furtiveglance wrote: Renown is pronounced to rhyme with town, it doesn't rhyme with known.
My sincerest apologies.
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1336 (isolation #18) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:53 am

Post by Ethel »

In post 1331, furtiveglance wrote: Ethel, bad poem. You literally called me a Cop and still voted me.
Well, you claim to be a cop, so in this scenario you look like one and are thus described as a cop, but that doesn't mean that you can't just pretend. Same goes for Ceph though, just because he claims to be a Doc doesn't mean he really is one. I'm pretty sure people have impersonated both, maybe even in the same movie!
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1337 (isolation #19) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:55 am

Post by Ethel »

Can someone explain to me what "bussing" someone actually means? I couldn't figure it out yet.
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1348 (isolation #20) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:01 am

Post by Ethel »

Ceph, what's the correct emoticon for 'confused'?
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1366 (isolation #21) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:09 am

Post by Ethel »

So you are town, furtive? Or are you still trolling?
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1369 (isolation #22) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:14 am

Post by Ethel »

In post 1368, furtiveglance wrote: What do you think I am?
The last thing you said was Mafia, so probably that, but I'm unfamiliar with this situation where someone who's already voted can still talk for a while. So I don't know if there's a strategy to this where you try to confuse us or if this is just simple trolling.

Return to “Completed Open Games”