Open 175 - Picking Simplicity (Game Over)

skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:17 am

Post by skitzer »

O-M-Geodesic Dome. I forgot I had replaced!

I will begin reading immediately.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:49 am

Post by skitzer »

Iguana wrote:Yes, it brings more tells then "vote <player> for <joke>"
But this is how bandwagons start. How else can they form? Someone be like "Oh, vote so-an-so, everyone else should too"? That's not usually how it works, at the beginning at least.
Nikanor wrote:I was completely serious. It looks like false reasoning for a distancing vote, as I said before
QFT. Looking at the list and the games SB is in, she actually should have recognized a few people here.
yabbaguy wrote:Voting people you like/recognize = fail reason even for a random vote. >_>
I didn't know there were correct reasons to
random
vote. Could you give some examples?
Head_Honcho wrote:FoS: Nikanor

BACKPEDALING ON LAST PERSON TO GET TEN POSTS POLICY
That policy was never fair in the first place to flakers in replacements. He obviously posted before he thought.

Also, is backpedaling on a backpedal a forward-pedal? I'm so confused. :P
Blastinus wrote:Geez, I make one statement and everybody's mocking me left and right.
Welcome to Mafia! The one game show where saying one thing could get you into SO much trouble!
Nikanor wrote:Single votes are anti-town.
QFL. (Quoted for Lies)
WarWound wrote:hy are we gonna pwn nikanor?
sr cuz we s00pr 1337. :roll:
yabbaguy wrote:That said, I find it interesting how Nik's really screwing around this game, with an emote practically every first line he posts.
QFT.
zwetschenwasser wrote:I think we may have gotten someone less rational than me!
I thought I smelled the world exploding.
foilist13 wrote:There are several players following the same pattern as 12kb. Why is he a more logical choice for a bandwagon than you?
I partially agree with you, but could you name some examples of people?
The reason for this is there are differences between those people and 12keyblade.

On that note,
Vote: 12keyblade
because I get the feeling that he could add a lot more input then what he is currently doing.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:18 am

Post by skitzer »

foilist13 wrote:Iguana, I appreciate your opinions, but this illustrates my point exactly. You've mentioned four people leaving 15 others (not including you) any four of whom could be scum. If they are scum they would be doing just fine since there are so many people here it would be ridiculously easy to slip by.
I understand what you are getting at here, but it's still a little bit of a stretch to have every player mention every other player in every single post they make. People aren't ignoring the others; they are just putting them aside for the time being to pursue more viable cases.

Iguana: I find your inconsistency on your positionings of Scott Brosius and Flava Flave on your list interesting, especially when you said earlier that Scott was only likely town. It's just something I think a scum partner would do to another scum partner (in this case Flava Flave), so that it appeared that the player was at least somewhat suspicious of that person. Also, why are yabbaguy and Pomegranate on your Scummy list?
Nikanor wrote:I'm too lazy to actually address everything I want to, so I'll just say this:
As the first to point out the obvious and call my behaviour in this game townish, Blastinus earns himself big town-points, especially since I'm an opposing bandwagon for him. In fact, I'm confident enough to Unvote.
(Correct me if I'm wrong about the 'first to call Nik's behaviour protown' thing. Just tell me if you said it before now, and I'll award town-points accordingly).

Blurgh. This post makes me sick. If someone said my play was townish, it doesn't make them town in my eyes. That doesn't make logical sense.
Plus, for everyone who's keeping track, there was an emoticon in this post before i lazy-quoted it.

Then, in the next post, Blastinus finishes the lovey-dovey connection by unvoting Nikanor. Awww. Also, I doubt WarWound is faking.

Unvote.

dramonic wrote:After a reread, Iguana has skyrocketed in scumminess through buddying and other amusing little factors like unexplained reads that could have been obtained with a randomized list.
I don't see this. Except for a few inconsistencies, Iguana's list matches up with his play so far. I think this is a bit of a stretch.
Grimmy wrote:huh?
what?
speak up sonny. cant hear like I used to...

Anywho...
stop calling me VAYA.

and get off my lawn!

Grimmy
cranky old bastard

(ill read up and get back to all of you soon enough..its time for my jello...)
breadcrumbing doesn't work here, BTW.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:57 am

Post by skitzer »

WarWound: I'm not voting Iguana...
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:15 am

Post by skitzer »

[quote=foilist13]@Dramonic & Zwet - Odd statements thrown in every couple pages do not amount to active playing. You need to get in on this to get off of peoples scum lists. Fos:Zwet & Dramonic [/quote]

QFT, though much more applicable to zwet. Why are you requesting replacement? (If you're still listening of course :D)

Grimmy: OK, I thought you were trying to breadcrumb the Townie role...really funny how similar it is.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:49 am

Post by skitzer »

We haven't heard from Nikanor lately. This is very strange.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:12 am

Post by skitzer »

argh time was not on my side this weekend.
SpyreX wrote:Now, that alone isn't enough to really catch my eye - although separating neutral from "middle of the road" really seems like a what in the hell manuever but...
It makes sense to me. Neutral is "they haven't really done much of anything to poke either way", while MiddleOfTheRoad is "they've done some town things and some scummy things".
WarWound wrote:where the hell am I?
Lower than YC, because Hyl looked at the player list and
still
forgot you. :D
Toro wrote:Tell me zwet, does WarWound really come off to you as playing the newbcard? I mean, really?
I'm confused. You should be agreeing with this, seeing your case a few posts up from the above quoted one. zwet's statement basically matches the first point of your case on WW.
Toro wrote:And thank you for switching my words around Iguana, I said I've only cleared Yabbaguy and Skitzer IF WarWound comes up Scum if we lynch him.
QFT. Iguana most definitely did switch your words around.
Vote: Iguana

Blastinus wrote:My current problem with WarWound's assertion of bad past experiences with Mafia is that he's had plenty of time at this point to see what this board's standard of play is, but he hasn't made much effort at all to step up his game to compensate for it. He's still doing posts of one line, most of which don't have much substance to them at all. At this point, I think he's trying to milk his newb pass as far as he can.
I recall my first game of mafia EVER, which was here, and I didn't focus on anything but my newbie game. It wasn't very good play, but I didn't know I could get better by reading other games. I guess we've told him to do just that, but it's kind of hard to find good games to read on your own.
Hyl wrote:soz bizy weeknd brestfeedin, post cum 2maro. stay tuned && DATT iim ouTT
This is officially the worst post in the game, but also very funny because it's on a phone and the subject matter discussed. :D :D :D
Grimmy wrote:Anti, we all look forward toseeing what you have to say as you are the closest on the chopping block due to your predecessor.
Wasn't the bandwagon on 12keyblade because he was active lurking? That really isn't something that should be carried on over to Antihero, unless he does it too. Then I'd be really willing to put my vote on him.
Col.Cothart wrote:I found in the sea of 18 other people posts.
Try 19. :D
Hyl wrote:Hold up a skosh. Hyl is a guy?

I don't even know where to being with that.
Well, now Hyl's a girl.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:47 am

Post by skitzer »

:roll: for Dirty Harry's above post

:roll: for Hyl's request for replacement. So unexpected.

When I have time, I must reread Pomegranate.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:47 am

Post by skitzer »

Me either. That's why we should reread!
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:52 am

Post by skitzer »

OK, while reading Pomegranate en la isolacion:

20 - I think yabbaguy's original case on Pomegranate for her wording preceding her vote for Nikanor isn't logical. If you look back at Iso13, you'll see she says she likes people, so it seems to be her natural way of thought. Like and don't like.

That's really all I have to say about Pomegranate, and that being said, I think her case is much overstated. It doesn't really warrant the votes it has on it, unless isolation is hiding things that make her case more viable (because I know it can).
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:49 am

Post by skitzer »

yabbaguy: I don't feel like messing around with meta right now, especially I've never played with Pomegranate before, and I don't have first hand experience.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:10 am

Post by skitzer »

Oops, I missed this earlier:

Flave: That was the only reason I found on Pomegranate in isolation. I then asked people to prove what made the Pomegranate case better than what I found. You can do that now, if you like.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:52 am

Post by skitzer »

Col.Cathart wrote:And you're yet to tell me, why do you think, I'm scum for doing something you like to do normally (assuming you like to play like that as a townie of course).
She wasn't comparing your play to her play. She was comparing your play in this game to your play in other games.
dramonic wrote:You can disregard the fencesitting accusation ^_^;
So your saying you just needed something clever to put in that would make a humorous story and convince others to lynch Iguana? Not liking it.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (isolation #13) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:11 am

Post by skitzer »

Can someone tell me how the zwet in this game is different from the zwet in every other game? Maybe then I'll consider a vote.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (isolation #14) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:16 am

Post by skitzer »

Iguana wrote:
skitzer wrote:Can someone tell me how the zwet in this game is different from the zwet in every other game? Maybe then I'll consider a vote.
Allow me to just speculate and elaborate on where you seem to be headed. Zwet is always useless/scummy. Due to that, he should never be lynched because statistically he is more likely to be town. I would actually argue someone who is ALWAYS dead weight and inherantly scummy should be policy lynched, and will explain why if you want me to.

So people voting me... is there anything I havent responded to? As far as I can tell, im being voted on WIFOM, ??? and something I defended against (and apparently was accepted?)
So why are we lynching him if it's not a good idea???
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:51 am

Post by skitzer »

Iguana wrote:
skitzer wrote:
Iguana wrote:
skitzer wrote:Can someone tell me how the zwet in this game is different from the zwet in every other game? Maybe then I'll consider a vote.
Allow me to just speculate and elaborate on where you seem to be headed. Zwet is always useless/scummy. Due to that, he should never be lynched because statistically he is more likely to be town. I would actually argue someone who is ALWAYS dead weight and inherantly scummy should be policy lynched, and will explain why if you want me to.
So why are we lynching him if it's not a good idea???
no no no... thats what YOU seem to be saying. Not me. You are starting to wander down the "he is always scummy, lets not lynch" path. I am trying to point out that massive pit filled with spikes, those creapy yellow spiders, and tiny yappy worthless dogs that you are going to fall into if you go much farther.
I wouldn't have to keep asking it if someone just gave me a straight answer the first time.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:58 am

Post by skitzer »

sigh...

I don't have a reason in the world to vote zwetschenwasser.

But because any lynch is informant, I will switch my vote on Wednesday.

Remind me to do this because by then I will have forgotten.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (isolation #17) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:28 am

Post by skitzer »

I'm here, now that most of my major school committee stuff is done. Gamegoogoogogo
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (isolation #18) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:49 am

Post by skitzer »

Iguana wrote:Hold your horses hun, its comin. This isnt random
I'm excited for this supposed case.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (isolation #19) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:03 am

Post by skitzer »

On the replacement issues: Hyl and foilists replacement requests were so unexpected that I felt the need to comment on them. Pomegranates is also surprising.

I mentioned Nikanor's lurking because it is so contrary from his normal play. There is nothing wrong with that.

On the zwetschenwasser vote: I would have voted, but it wasn't really a well based lynch. So I set a deadline for myself in case something better came up by Wednesday.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (isolation #20) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:12 am

Post by skitzer »

I thought Hyl wasn't taking that seriously. Guess I feel differently, then.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (isolation #21) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:37 am

Post by skitzer »

OMG so so so sorry! stuff/school/friends/Thanksgiving got in the way of this game, and I am sad. Please don't replace mee!

I reread, but I'm off my game and I need to actually reread instead of just skim and say reread. Pardon me.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (isolation #22) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:31 am

Post by skitzer »

Iguana: Your first two points on me I can give the same answer: Maybe they aren't scummy, but they are noteworthy. You can't tell me everything you bring up makes you one step closer to betterness. It's simply not the case. And I most definitely did not express a "me too" attitude when I said I would vote zwet. I would have voted zwet
because a lynch is better than no lynch
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (isolation #23) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:10 am

Post by skitzer »

Note on saberwolf: I just modded a perilously long Picking Simplicity where players voted themselves quite often. I don't think they were ever scum. I'm not talented enough to know exactly why they did it, but from personal experience it
most definitely isn't a scumtell

That being said, to anyone who is voting saberwolf: Can you still justify your vote?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (isolation #24) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:57 am

Post by skitzer »

I understand that some votes are not based on the selfvote, so that's not what I'm going for. I meant people who voted simply because of the vote.

Kreriov: I'm not saying selfvoting doesn't make you scum. I'm saying selfvoting doesn't make you anymore scummy.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (isolation #25) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by skitzer »

But what if your supposed "idiot-town" is the smart one here?

saberwolf's self-vote has reenergized the game and potentially brought out a lot of bandwagoning scum.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (isolation #26) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:52 am

Post by skitzer »

I'm sorry, but I feel my "defense" of saberwolf is justified.

saberwolf even admits himself to doing stupid things, but doing this as scum when you know people are going to vote you is beyond human stupidity. I say "when you know people are going to vote you" because we all know that's the current meta.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (isolation #27) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by skitzer »

LA due to massive snowstorm. I need to reread yesterday, because a bunch of people (me included) were engrossed in saberwolf, and there was a lot of other stuff that happened too.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (isolation #28) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:29 am

Post by skitzer »

I still haven't read Day 2 (shame on me), but I've read all of Day 3, and I feel pretty comfortable with this for starters.

Vote: Nikanor
. He's been non-contributing if not scumy for as long as I can remember, and I think it's worth a vote.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (isolation #29) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by skitzer »

Nikanor: In ISO, you have a lot of posts, but they are all little and somewhat fluffy. A lot of them aren't mostly serious.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (isolation #30) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:25 am

Post by skitzer »

yabbaguy wrote:Took me a mere hour and 15 minutes to read 15 pages. I'm falling in love with this game all over again.

It's absolutely thrilling reliving everything all over again: the glorious charge of the 12KeyBlade and Nikanor wagons, Toro's conquest to vanquish WarWound, the ability to relish in scumlists that were made by now confirmed town, and reliving how much of a floundering goddamn idiot I was back in those pages. The interactions that are becoming slowly more and more obvious the further back they are, and I already feel myself making a world of progress in analyzing what I thought were rather complex reactions.

Ohh... so good. I gotta do homework, but I can't wait to get back to this.
You actually succeeded in making this sound fun.

Except it sounds like really corny-town.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (isolation #31) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:26 am

Post by skitzer »

yabbaguy: true, true.

I'm excited for your analysis.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (isolation #32) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:27 am

Post by skitzer »

Sorry about my absence, Christmas break was wrongly extended by a power outage.

If I have time, I'll post.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (isolation #33) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:59 am

Post by skitzer »

Sotty7 wrote:Skitzer's vote ignores a lot of the other players non-contributions like Stranger and Iguana. Why Nik over these two?
StrangerCoug is trying to defend himself, which even if I don't remember it, it means he must have done something to get himself a wagon. Definitely somehow contributing.

Iguana, though I disagree with what he is saying, is definitely making an attempt to contribute.

I don't see your logic here.

All in all, I don't see any case on StrangerCoug, which isn't good enough for a vote from me.

Nikanor is the best lynch at this moment.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (isolation #34) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:15 am

Post by skitzer »

Sotty7 wrote:What had Iguana contributed to this day at the time of your vote? A Nik lynch isn't going to happen today, you should put some serious thought into moving your vote to either Amished or Stranger.
Look at Day 1 and Day 2. Thats loads better than Nikanor already. Plus, a bit ago I wasn't thinking we were going to lynch Amished.
yabbaguy wrote:Skitzer's getting lazy... but it's not like he's wildly off-topic either.
I felt that way about myself RL yesterday too.

All this lynch lining-up + somewhat out-of-the-blue lynch + wagons with no real reasoning in my sight = confused.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (isolation #35) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:41 am

Post by skitzer »

Col.Cathart wrote:
unvote

vote: Amished

I love you people. This is exactly the lynch I wanted to see. Case on Pom was already presented in my previous post, and add the latest efforts of Amished to derail the wagon nicely sums it all up.
He is hammered, If I'm correct. But if that's true, then why were you voting Nikanor prior to this?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (isolation #36) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:00 am

Post by skitzer »

I can recall a lot of discussion about Pomegranate being scum, and some about hohum.

Return to “Completed Open Games”