Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:53 am

Post by Slaxx »

Sorry. Work+Tax returns today, saw the deadline and confirmed in between. Oh. And Ameobas. Because they rock.

As far as suspicions go, its hard to tell due to most of the conversation being attributed to game mechanics speculation. On that same note, I'm going to

vote pomegranate
because I dont know what the heck a pomegranate even looks like.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Slaxx »

IDK what speculation is going to do for us, really. It just takes away from the scumhunting discussion. Mafia can't be NKed, if they both target the same person they live. I think laying the speculation out is going to wind out helping scum more anyway, all it does for us is generate WIFOM after we see the nk results, which will further derail from scumhunting. Hence my RVS.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Well. Now since we've wasted time and now have a deadline, I will repeat my vote and hopefully we can get something going here.

IDK why the last one didnt go through, im assuming the lack of a colon.

vote: pomegranate

Sorry. Corrected.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Sigh. Lets try this again. Speculation of game =/= scumhunting. I repeated my vote on Pom because nothing went through the first time. I gave you a very legit reason as to why I hadn't participated in any discussion yet. Gheb starts a wagon me, which is fine because now we have discussion. He justifies it by saying that a random vote is a guise for no activity. I could make the exact same assumption concerning game speculation. All we're doing by laying this out is derailing discussion. Hopefully common sense would tell people possibilities of what happened (which, when presented with more than one possibility, is almost always WIFOM anyway).

Now that I'm done with my useless part of posting, I can go on to more important matters.

Pomegranate's questions are more useless than my vote. At least it created actual scumhunting discussion.

Farside already looking for scum partners 6 pages in is kind of ridiculous. We have no confirmed guilties or innocents besides ourselves. Buddying up/ sucking up is one thing, but I see none of that in any posts so far.

Mavsfan and xofelf have absolutely nothing, and I wonder why only one of them is on the wagon.

But anyway, I hope people realized that my one RV striked more discussion than all the other stuff previously combined, and that it was a protown move. Trying to pull it off as otherwise and make out game speculation to be more productive is simply foolish.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by Slaxx »

farside22 wrote:
Slaxx wrote: Farside already looking for scum partners 6 pages in is kind of ridiculous. We have no confirmed guilties or innocents besides ourselves. Buddying up/ sucking up is one thing, but I see none of that in any posts so far.
Why is it that DTmaster mentions a scum group and you don't say boo to him?

Also my post is in response to how he acted when I comment about him putting four people together in a group then anything.

Actually your post is much better here except for you repeating what DTMaster said about you, which I really dislike people doing for any reason.

Why did you wait to comment on things till now with more vigger? Why do you find the first few pages useless?
1. You're right. He did. Boo on him. However, his has more than just words behind it...His has a vote (rather a contradiction between words and a vote), which is a little bit more solid. He makes a good point, a better point, rather, than you do. Why WOULD gheb vote for someone less suspicious?

2. No, not quite. You accused us of being scum partners.

3. and 4. I'm sorry he got around to justifying my actions before I did. Can't help it. I'm at my university all day on tuesdays and seldom post before night on said days. And I don't get what YOU dont get about my justification for finding the first pages useless. I've layed it out time and time and time again. Game speculation =/= scumhunting. All it got us was a deadline due to lack of conversation.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Pomegranate wrote:DTM: Though in general there is clearly a RVS, I think it's scummy to RV when there isn't RVS (because of setup or mechanic discussion.) It feels to me thta he was trying to start up a RVS, even though we were past a point where something like that was necessary or helpful.
So even after game mechanic speculation yielded next to nothing and my vote sparked a very productive conversation, and even after you admitted RVS is a good way to get discussion going, you still think this? I'm becoming happy with my vote on you. There was never an RVS to begin with. There were only 3 votes cast when I cast mine. One quarter of the players voting is not RVS. Sorry. Its not. So I started it up. And look where we are now.

A lot more than your useless questions/ filler post did for town.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (isolation #7) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Ani, your posts are really lazy and unthoughtful. You dont give reasons and only give an example after asked.

This conversation has evolved from debating a lynch, to debating opinions on a lynch (probably the optimal place to stop), then debating what each other said, then debating how the other one interpreted the first opinion of what they said. or whatever. see how confusing this concept is? Its not easy to follow along either. I do agree that the convo has moved us away from a possible policy lynch. Im not getting scumreads on any of the participants, though. I think its town on town action.

@animorpherv: Do you think this conversation has moved the town forward? Or in the wrong direction?

@Sanhora: Suspicion on me is fine, IDC. If I can defend myself well. Bandwagons are even better. Thats how you catch scum, yes?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Your first example is right: you did lay out odds and say he is better on town. Thing is, thats no reason to vote you, FoS you, or my newly discovered [From this game (And semi scummy)] PoS you. Thats just you laying out odds. Correct odds. Im not for sure why farside thinks this is scummy.

First example on second link: Yeah, thats not right. I could see any townie saying something like that, and I dont think I would FoS it. I think policy lynch would be a better term however. I see where shes coming from but I personally don't find it scummy.

Second Ex: Yes, I dont know whats so hard to understand about the concept of odds. Obviously mislynch odds are better.

I don't know how I feel about you two yet. Im getting mixed vibes from both.

However,
unvote

And
vote:animorpherv
for lazy posts and lack of any explanation.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Gayle wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Gayle wrote:
Scum Team 1: Farside + KMD
Kmd4390 wrote:Wait, I'm in a game with Farside?
Sweet.
Try again. If we were scum together, I'd have known it when I got my Role PM. :lol:
Er... do you think that clears you somehow?

Pom wrote:-Gayle, I think I agree with you on Kmd. But don't get our friendship involved.
What is the point of having friendship if you can't terribly abuse it?
I agree with gayle in the fact that this doesn't clear you at all. The fact that you brought it up is more suspicious.

This is a personal thing, really, but I view capital letters as AtE. I haven't really looked at specifics, but they push me the wrong way. If you have something good to say, it should be strong enough to be typed out plainly. You only need to back it up by yelling it when its weak, IMO.

My read on Pom has changed some. Her recent posts have contributed a lot more to discussion and she doesn't seem as suspicious. She seems more confident about her posting content.

My ani read still stands. Its not really a policy lynch, the posts are weak, indirect, and wishy washy. I feel good about the ani wagon.

Gayle brings up excellent points on KMD. Wish washy bandwagon hopping with weak opinions or joking reasons behind them are pretty good indicators somethings up. I would be willing to take my vote off of ani if his posts got better and place it on KMD.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:07 am

Post by Slaxx »

@ KMd Farside. Like I said, its a personal thing. I hate when people switch to caps.

It doesnt clear you of anything. At all. Two mafia partners could easily pretend to be unaware they are in the game together when they post on the board. In fact, its probably a good strategy for maf. So Idk about anyone else, but there's no way I'm going to let it clear you of anything.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Gheb you burn me down man. I is sad.

Return to “Completed Open Games”